[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

I've disagreed from the start with the "if she's in his room he won't be able to control himself" interpretation.  I think that it is, as Teneal put it, simply the fact that he has certain rules that he expects people to abide by.  Now, he may be lessening them a bit, but Amy has been in his room only in certain circumstances and only rarely.

Plus he said "girls" are not allowed in his room, not "you" are not allowed.  To me, that means that he has had a standing rule about no girls in his room (though, again, there have been exceptions), just like he has said, "people don't go in my room".  When Penny was obsessed with online gaming and came into his room he kept telling her that people can't come in his room.

Of course, he let her in to help him when he was sick.

So, he makes exceptions, but he still has rules, and the way I see it, that's what that line was about.

Yes.  I think Sheldon needs order in his life, especially in social situations, because they overwhelm him.  He copes by reverting to a list of rules, such as you're supposed to offer someone a hot beverage when they're upset.  That's why he needs contracts with Leonard and Amy.  He loves both of them (in different ways) but he needs to know what he needs to do for them and what he can expect in return.

I didn't mean to start an argument about why Sheldon kicked Amy out of his room at that time and not others.  To me it's just symbolic of his entire personality.  I love you, but there are rules.

• Like 1

Not only that, but since he'd never had an issue with her being in his room before, it kind of speaks to where their relationship is now.  His feelings are deeper, his desire for her is growing, and having her in his room has become a bit dangerous.  ;)

I know a few have said it was because of his previous set of rules, but ITA that with his feelings starting to deepen, there is more chance of temptation.

Who wants to bet that their first time will be in his bedroom?

• Like 7

If he had allowed Amy in his room, I think he would've been able to control himself, for sure.

But it's the connotations -> someone you love in your bedroom -> possible physical intimacy of some kind.

That would be on Sheldon's mind, and it's possible having her in his room would've made him panic again.

I think it's mainly to do with that, telling Amy that no girls were allowed in his room meant that he could find a way to gain back some control of the situation, so he re-instills these rules (that he doesn't always use) to acquire his sense of normalcy, and thus regain his control.

But like I said, I don't think he would've "lost control" with her being in there.

But sex is where his mind is at, so the connotations would have been ever present, and he probably would've felt uncomfortable, given the situation/increased intimacy by admitting his love for her.

Edited by JourneyIntoShamy
  • Like 9

I know a few have said it was because of his previous set of rules, but ITA that with his feelings starting to deepen, there is more chance of temptation.

I want it to be so they can do a callback to when Lenny were first together and Sheldon had to use noise-cancelling headphones.  I think it would be hilarious if Leonard had to use the headphones.

• Like 6

I agree that first time will be in his bedroom I think....Its where he would be more comfortable.  JMO

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 3

as of now, according to the CBS program guide, it appears 11/27 is a repeat.... (11/27 seems like its confirmed as it has a "R" next to the episode which means repeat). 

12/4 has nothing assigned (and I keep checking), but historically that week is repeats for new shows as its the first week post sweep and holiday programming starts.  But I could be very wrong on this one. 

My guess is the one taping now will air on 12/11 which makes sense for a holiday episode....

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 2

I think if they did a Mistletoe kiss, Amy would take Sheldon by the hand and lead him to it, and he'd look up and be like, "Vixen" and then kiss her.

'Cause, you know, they do that now.

One can dream.

I personally hope he never uses "vixen" in that context.  Just sayin

• Like 1

as of now, according to the CBS program guide, it appears 11/27 is a repeat.... (11/27 seems like its confirmed as it has a "R" next to the episode which means repeat). 

12/4 has nothing assigned (and I keep checking), but historically that week is repeats for new shows as its the first week post sweep and holiday programming starts.  But I could be very wrong on this one. 

My guess is the one taping now will air on 12/11 which makes sense for a holiday episode....

Thank you for the info, Kerry!

• Like 2

Well, I disagree with this. This is the first time he has ever said anything to her about being in his room and she's been in there a number of times, even off screen. I seem to recall a line Amy says about peaking in his underwear drawer once and getting caught. We didn't see that on camera and I don't think I read that only in fan fiction.

You are correct, Amy says that in 6x06.

Bernadette: So, I was taking a shower this morning, and when I got out, I started to dry off with what I thought was a towel but turned out to be Howard’s mom’s underwear. I had to take another shower. It wasn’t enough. Nothing will ever be enough.

Amy: I once looked in Sheldon’s underwear drawer. He yelled at me. But now I know what it looks like and he can never take that away.

Then there are four other distinct times we see her go into his room. To look at the cats, to play trains with Wil Wheaton, the DND roleplay, and when he's drunk in Relationship Diremption. 

• Like 8

I do like when he calls her a vixen, but he really doesn't have to say anything at all.  Just take her by the hips, pull her close and plant one on her.  :)

Same, I love that word for her. Makes her sound foxy.  :icon_cheesygrin:  But I also really want to hear him call her a little minx. :laugh:

• Like 3