[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

While I think that line was in there for a joke....I do expect the later half of the season to have Shamy get more into heavier topics...and their future, intimacy (addressed in prom but still out there) & living arrangements are still hanging out there....I don't expect tension to the degree of anything more than an episode BUT once these topics come up it may not be all sunshine & roses.  No permanent damage, but these topics are hanging out there.

I personally think the living together topic will come up (or more Lenny moving in together and the Sheldon factor) but actual changes won't occur until season 9.  I don't think it will be Amy bringing it up though....I think it will be Lenny bringing up Sheldon living with Amy.....

But this season we've seen that Shamy is hanging out more alone as a united couple.  As is Lenny....So again, as this continues and Lenny seperates even more from Sheldon, he will begin to understand where things stand and where things are headed (just like the ILY....Sheldon is not a spontaneous person....he puts a LOT of thought into things and once he is comfortable with something, he then moves along).  So once he realizes all this stuff...he will get it

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 8

While I think that line was in there for a joke....I do expect the later half of the season to have Shamy get more into heavier topics...and their future, intimacy (addressed in prom but still out there) & living arrangements are still hanging out there....I don't expect tension to the degree of anything more than an episode BUT once these topics come up it may not be all sunshine & roses.  No permanent damage, but these topics are hanging out there.

I personally think the living together topic will come up (or more Lenny moving in together and the Sheldon factor) but actual changes won't occur until season 9.  I don't think it will be Amy bringing it up though....I think it will be Lenny bringing up Sheldon living with Amy.....

But this season we've seen that Shamy is hanging out more alone as a united couple.  As is Lenny....So again, as this continues and Lenny seperates even more from Sheldon, he will begin to understand where things stand and where things are headed (just like the ILY....Sheldon is not a spontaneous person....he puts a LOT of thought into things and once he is comfortable with something, he then moves along).  So once he realizes all this stuff...he will get it

Definitely agreed.  That comment Sheldon makes did bother me little bit for half a second, but then I realized it was put in there for a joke, and when you combine it with Amy's comment about him moving out/on (do we know for sure what she says there?  I've seen conflicting takes on it, and I haven't rewatched it yet) I think the writers are foreshadowing that he won't be living with/depending on Leonard forever.  Obviously with him being in love with Amy and accepting/recognizing that, he will eventually be living with her.  Even with all of his acceptance of change this season, he still likes to take things slow.  So an ILY confession doesn't mean automatic move-in together, etc.  Sheldon will get there.  He's growing up before our eyes.  I think once he gets more comfortable with the idea of intimacy, he'll get comfortable with the idea of letting Leonard go and moving forward toward his future with Amy.

• Like 9

exactly!!  And as we've all kinda said....Sheldon sees living with Amy in romantic terms.  I really don't think he sees her living with him in another room like she might have originally thought (although I think even she probably now sees them living together in a romantic way....last time she said that separate bedrooms stuff was over 2 years ago)....A LOT has changed since then....

• Like 3

exactly!!  And as we've all kinda said....Sheldon sees living with Amy in romantic terms.  I really don't think he sees her living with him in another room like she might have originally thought (although I think even she probably now sees them living together in a romantic way....last time she said that separate bedrooms stuff was over 2 years ago)....A LOT has changed since then....

Yes!  I was going to make this point too, but forgot. LOL...

We've said before that when Sheldon thinks of them living together, it seems as though he's thinking on an intimate level, as you said, with them sharing a room, etc.  So now that we know he has some desire for her, he needs to get himself to a more comfortable place with those feelings before he'll be ready to have her move in.

• Like 5

I'll put this here instead of the episode thread - because you all know how crazy I am and still like me.

Who else was enjoying the GUN SHOW while Sheldon was going over his probabilities on the board with Leonard?   :shok:

Seriously, I have watched THAT scene the most.   :spiteful:

carry on

And when he and Amy are playing that game, when he's holding that phone thing up to his forehead...

• Like 2

The closed-captioning/subtitles on iTunes has the line "Sheldon will move OUT eventually".

And the bit about Sheldon spending the rest of his life with Leonard didn't bother me, as I took it to me grounded in the solid friendship they have--ie, Sheldon expects to have Leonard in his life forever, perhaps even to be best friends forever. I don't think he's wrong. Their affection for one another will not suddenly end once they cease being roommates.

I kind of got that impression too, Irene.  He expects them to be friends forever.  And I think that is kind of the extent of it.

• Like 1

There was one other solo car scene with them before, in Vacation Solution when Amy gave him permission to spend the day gaming instead of going with her to her aunt's bday party.  This one was much, much better.

Every scene Shamy was in together in this episode, I was thinking "they're playing that game knowing they love each other", "they're driving in the car knowing they love each other", etc.

The episode was The Weekend Vortex, when he didn't want to go to the party.  Vacation Solution was the one where he hung out with her at her lab (and did that wonderful "Sorry".) :p

Okay, taking my pedant hat off...

Edited by phantagrae

Leonard is in a way Sheldon's father figure....Sheldon is surrounded by strong females, but on the male front all he has is Leonard.  Yes we know he has an older brother, but I gather not close and very different.  Yes, he has gotten closer to Raj & Howard, but not to the same degree as Leonard.  And Leonard fully knows how to work Sheldon.  In fact we all credit a lot of the growth from the Amy relationship, but in actuality, Leonard has been a driving force in getting Sheldon to grow up. 

We saw with Proton's death how its clear Sheldon is missing that key factor of a male role model in his life.  Leonard has stepped into that role from day one, teaching him social cues, getting him to understand things, etc. 

So one can fully understand how scary it is for Sheldon to fear loosing Leonard in his life.  Just like a child is scared leaving the nest.  4A and Leonard are Sheldon's nest....

Now, granted we've seen over the past few seasons that Leonard is ready to let go...he is ready to get his "grown" child up and out and on their own. 

Its a very interesting dynamic.  And as one of the main 3 big original plots on the show (Lenny's relationship, Leonard/Sheldon's friendship, and 4 guys growing up and adjusting in the world), it stands to be an important part of how this "story" will end up. 

• Like 7

I'll put this here instead of the episode thread - because you all know how crazy I am and still like me.

Who else was enjoying the GUN SHOW while Sheldon was going over his probabilities on the board with Leonard?   :shok:

Seriously, I have watched THAT scene the most.   :spiteful:

carry on

OMG yes.  And his chest.  Ugh.  Jim, you're not helping me get my crush on you back to manageable levels, this season...

• Like 9

Definitely agreed.  That comment Sheldon makes did bother me little bit for half a second, but then I realized it was put in there for a joke, and when you combine it with Amy's comment about him moving out/on (do we know for sure what she says there?  I've seen conflicting takes on it, and I haven't rewatched it yet) I think the writers are foreshadowing that he won't be living with/depending on Leonard forever.  Obviously with him being in love with Amy and accepting/recognizing that, he will eventually be living with her.  Even with all of his acceptance of change this season, he still likes to take things slow.  So an ILY confession doesn't mean automatic move-in together, etc.  Sheldon will get there.  He's growing up before our eyes.  I think once he gets more comfortable with the idea of intimacy, he'll get comfortable with the idea of letting Leonard go and moving forward toward his future with Amy.

Definitely!! This is what they do, even if they don't know the actual outcome yet, they build up the outcome by exploring different story-lines.

The fact that this is here, with Sheldon being overly worried about Leonard, and the living arrangements being mentioned in the same episode (somewhat), it's definitely foreshadowing.

• Like 2

OMG yes.  And his chest.  Ugh.  Jim, you're not helping me get my crush on you back to manageable levels, this season...

I noticed also that he looks pretty slim around his waist and back-to-front.  He's broader in the chest and shoulders, side-to-side, but not thicker back-to-front, if that makes any sense.  He's already a little bit like a giant compared to the others--at least, he sometimes looks that way, especially when he's sitting on the front edge of the couch and others are kind of sitting back on it.

I especially noticed his "new physique" when he got up to ask Leonard about the surgery (and I think that bat shirt, with the broad V or W shape of the print kind of enhanced the look of his chest) and then as he sat down, looking at his back and waist.

#lookingtooclosely

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 5

I really don't care what the reason is as long as it keeps happening...  :icon_twisted: 

Jim was basically my ideal body type from the beginning, but with the added muscle, he's just perfection.

I noticed also that he looks pretty slim around his waist and back-to-front.  He's broader in the chest and shoulders, side-to-side, but not thicker back-to-front, if that makes any sense.

I absolutely know what you mean.  I love that he's still our lovable lanky Texan.

• Like 9

Lol. Like a commune.

"Like hippies!"

Not gonna lie, I would actually love Lenny and Shamy living together, even if it is temporarily. The comedy potential would be unreal.

That reminds me of a time when my sister and her then-husband and my brother and his then-wife lived together briefly (in a trailer).  They almost killed each other...

:icon_eek:

• Like 3

Some lovely Shamy moments in the episode.Them playing their game was wonderful and it just seemed that they were so happy together and enjoying each others company so much.I loved it!

I also loved that Sheldon knew Amy wasn't being honest with him in the car and when he pointed out that Amy knew revolving doors make him dizzy.They know each other so well :-)

Having said that I hate to say there was one thing in the episode I didn't like and that was Sheldon's "and I'm not" in response to Penny saying she's going to spend the rest of her life with Leonard.

Surely after telling Amy he loves her he sees himself spending the rest of his life with her and not Leonard!!

I see this statement more as Sheldon showing that he cares deeply about Leonard,s well being because Leonard is his best friend and he wants him to be a part of his life now and in the future, rather than a statement of a clinging never ending room mate....and he never corrected or disputed what Amy said when she stated that when Sheldon was ready he would move on/out....i think that lack or correction is very telling considering how often he has put down the idea in the past....  Just my opinion of course...lol

• Like 3

Not gonna lie, I would actually love Lenny and Shamy living together, even if it is temporarily. The comedy potential would be unreal.

I kind of have this secret wish - though I don't think it'd ever in a million years happen anywhere outside of fanfic -  that Penny and Amy would get pregnant at the same time.  It'd kind of mesh in with how Amy used to make a big deal about them being in sync, and I feel like that even if Lenny/Shamy weren't formally living together at the time, they would end up spending the majority of their time together with the various commiseration pairings between the girls/guys/couples.  

• Like 2