[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

From 5.02 

"Amy: Will you listen to me play my harp now?

Sheldon: No. I dislike the sound of the harp."

Now he enjoys how harp music makes her fingers dance as if she's playing along. 

Wow, this guy is so in love. I now understand how love can change people. 

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twice this season Sheldon has indicated disdain for romance but he is a freakin' genius at it.  The gifts he gives her are "make her go weak in the knees" romantic.  It's a shame they don't have a sexual relationship because if they did, "I hope you treasure this picture as much as I treasure you" is (as Raj would say) some powerful panty-dropping stuff.

So I've just re-read the TR (only had time to quickly glance through it earlier as I had to dash out to a doctors appointment)and,honestly, I'm lost for words!!

They're so in love I can't even.........

Also a huge thanks to Michy, Kazzie and anyone else who gave us details about this episode....you've made my day!!

i love everything about their relationship... perfect Christmas episode!!!! 

and those off-screen things....i wonder how much more they are hiding from us????? 

first, Amy probably talked to his mother and found out about the spaghetti with little hot dogs cut up in it and the strawberry quik..and now she rings up the grandma for a cookie recipe??? i wonder how much info Amy shares with his family and how often... just curiouser and curiouser...

Edited by Kelli

My interpretation is Sheldon wanted to give Amy a perfect gift but he was too shy to admit it because he had said he hated gift-giving, so he used the kiss under the mistletoe as an excuse to punish her (I also think he didn't really mind being kissed in public, he kissed her in public before).

This is gonna be like waiting for the prom ep. all over again. After reading Michy's description, I sooooo want to see his face when he is telling Bernadette about all the things he knows about Amy.

Omg this sounds amazing. You all had said it, but this is the season of Shamy (so far)... It really does feel like it's a live-action fanfic

Ok where to begin. First a huge that you to Michy and Kazzie for an amazing taping report. So happy you both got to see a huge Shamy episode!!! I feel like I need to be punched it's so surreal

So now to the episode

We wanted a Bernadette & Sheldon interaction and we finally got one!! Him describing Amy in such ways sounds beautiful and the "you really do love her" and the "I do" sounds so sweet.

He truly loves this woman. There is no denying it. There is no fear in admitting it. No need to run anymore. He knew she was his soulmate from day one, but how they have grown to this place is amazing. And again, still totally IC. When he has a feeling he knows it.

The kissing in public with mistletoe. And then shopping for a Christmas tree together (probably for her apartment) is what a real couple does. They may have unconventional ways to go about things, but they are still a traditional in love couple who wants to make each other happy.

Granted he wanted to "ruin" Christmas for her, he still wanted to find her the perfect gift. And he did just that. A picture of him on Santa's lap (which we know he hates from his Pop Pop situation and all the germs that must be there too) and then the verbiage recording. Now that treasure line was absolute romance!!! And the she flips and gives him the cookies! So she reached out to his MeeMaw (and she was ok with sharing a recipe) and made him the greatest gift, a way to bring his cherished person to him on the holidays!!

Amy saying the ILY in the beginning. They are both ok that this is public knowledge. And Sheldon gave her the present in front of everyone.. So he seems again fully on board with the whole world knowing his feelings for her.

I cannot help getting nervous what the second half of the season holds for these two. Almost every episode has brought Shamy greatness.

I also think yet again, this episode shows how in tune they are with each other. And the writers have really drilled this home to us.

Will his career now soar being he really has committed to her?

I do think something physical will occur in the later half of the season but not sex just yet. They are both so incredibly happy right now.. First love is the best, but this isn't just that, this is the greatest love, a love neither of them wanted or thought they needed. A great love neither of them intended or went searching for. They wouldn't have found it with anyone else. They both thought life alone was fine and were planning on living solo for the rest of their lives... And now boom!! Again, why I ship them is it's such a beautiful story and like nothing I have even seen before

Edited by kerrycec03

What even is this season?!

In The Locomotive Interruption, we got: A Shamy reconciliation, a confirmation that Sheldon doesn't want Amy to see him fail, a confirmation that Amy thinks it's okay that Sheldon's not perfect. Healthy communication! A step to being on equal ground!!

In The First Pitch Insufficiency, we got: Sheldon and Amy bragging about their relationship, just like the olden days, except now Sheldon is so proud to call Amy his girlfriend. We got another confirmation at how healthy and amazing their relationship is - we even can put a number on it! EIGHT POINT TWO.

In The Focus Attenuation, we got: Sheldon openly admitting to the boys that he is distracted by Amy! And for something as little as a very casual text! Sexting? Come on!

In The Prom Equivalency, we got: Shamy reaching equal ground! Amy taking the pressure of sex off Sheldon! Sheldon panicking about how pretty Amy looked! Telling her she is pretty! Equal ground! Equal ground! Equal ground! An "I love you" given first by none other than Sheldon, just like we wanted! Us also knowing that Amy was gonna say it too! Prom picture!
In The Champagne Reflection, we're getting: Fun With Friends! Sheldon and Amy doing fun stuff together, just like we wanted! Sheldon and Amy being dorks together. Equal ground!
In The Clean Room Infiltration, we're getting: An "I love you" from Amy! Another confirmation of how deep Sheldon's feelings for Amy run! Bernie knowing this! Sheldon basically with love hearts in his eyes thinking about Amy, knowing Amy. Kissing underneath the Mistletoe, albeit off-screen? Sheldon and Amy exchanging gifts?! Amy calls up Meemaw, and that basically confirms for us that Meemaw does like Amy?

ALL OF THIS IN  ELEVEN EPISODES??? WHAT EVEN IS THIS SEASON???

HAVE THEY FOUND FANFICTION DOT NET, WITH THE SHAMY CATEGORY OPEN???

WHAT EVEN IS THIS???

Edited by JourneyIntoShamy

Oh good Lord... I opened this up before the taping report... I don't even know if I should read it or not. Based on your comments it feels too good to be true and I wanna be unspoiled for this particular episode because of it!

...But of course I couldn't do it and semi-spoiled myself in the taping report anyway xD

Edited by Queenfisher

OMG, this episode will make me so happy! I love it when Sheldon shows how much he loves her just with his face expression. I really really want to see that!

And it seems that the authors are doing everything they can to please Amy. First she was the "cool friend", then she got an 8.2 in her relationship with Sheldon, followed by an "I love you too" and a decent prom!

Now she got to host a Christmas dinner at her house, being able to do all the weird stuff she likes and she received a spontaneous and amazing gift from Sheldon. 

What else does she want? (coitus, but she will probably receive that soon too)

Just amazing!

Oh good Lord... I opened this up before the taping report... I don't even know if I should read it or not. Based on your comments it feels too good to be true and I wanna be unspoiled for this particular episode because of it!

No you should read it, just skip to the Shamy parts so you're only half-spoiled ;)

There's no milestone or anything, but it is a lovely Shamy episode.

I can't get over Amy calling Meemaw for the cookie recipe. Like, do they talk on the phone often? Has Meemaw met Amy? Does she love Amy as much as her moonpie does (I'm sure she does). It's all making me so happy!  :icon_cheesygrin:

I'm obsessed with the idea of Amy meeting Sheldon's Meemaw !!! I want that to happen so bad!!!

Edited by Arduina

Nothing new to add.....just loving the Shamy goodness this season!

this season should be renamed, " the Shamy redemption". it has given us ( at a normal Sheldonian speed) everything we could hope for after the way season 7 - after the kiss- treated them ( and us....)   :)   :)   :)

they are soooo getting married before Lenny... Sheldon is going to realize that he never wants to spend a day without her ...he's gonna marry her and then make "whoopie" to her as often as possible! 

can't wait!!!!!!!!!! 

getting ahead of myself??? i think not! hehehehehe

Edited by Kelli

No you should read it, just skip to the Shamy parts so you're only half-spoiled ;)

There's no milestone or anything, but it is a lovely Shamy episode.

Yep, I just semi-spoiled myself xD it might be little things but they all feel like milestones to me~! xD

I think this episode will not only be a Shamy episode in particular, but an Amy season. I hope we finally get to know her background!

Yep, I just semi-spoiled myself xD it might be little things but they all feel like milestones to me~! xD

I think this episode will not only be a Shamy episode in particular, but an Amy season. I hope we finally get to know her background!

Me too. I want Mother Fowler visiting. And I wanna know what happened to Father Fowler too.

And I sound greedy, don't I? Lol. "Trust me, you're happy" the writers are telling me, but "I'm always hoping for more" I say.

Edited by JourneyIntoShamy

Not only have I died, but I have gone to heaven and all the angels are serenading me.

Like others I felt I was reading fan fic when I read the TR.  Sheldon talking about Amy and his feelings for her without embarrassment as if it was the most natural thing in the world, and to be happy for such a loving message not only to be played, but for him to mouth the words to her, all in front of his friends - WOW

I am totally stunned at what Season 8 has given us so far (as listed by JourneyIntoShamy above) and I did not think we would be getting anything as good a Prom so quick, so like Kerryceo3 I too am getting a bit nervous for what future episodes will bring, but at the moment it's as if the writers have read these pages and are giving us our Christmas presents early.

Thanks Michy and Kazzie and all the others for such a great report.

We got to love Sheldon's logic though..."How am I going to ruin Amy's Christmas?I know,I'm going to give her a sweet gift that will teach her" :girlhaha:

Look at them,a few seasons ago Sheldon wouldn't even admitt that she's his girlfriend and now they're saying I love you in front of people...I'm so proud of our Shamy

Kristen-Bell-Happy-Tears.gif

It was  another episode which  shows us how much Sheldon is totally in trouble. You can try to escape your girlfriend's hippie loving nature and give her a lesson but than she gave you... a cookies  :icon_biggrin:  She just can give him a break from making him happy can she ? :icon_cheesygrin: They are just so visibly in love, their smiles and gestures, how they talking to each other, and about each other, how they spending almost every minute together...season 8 is just our big Shamy love fest. I'm so happy for them, no one deserves this more.. so proud of our ship :)

I'm little bit worried too. As was said in S8 disscusion thread, while Leonard is spending time in a lab, Sheldon is spending it on watching how Amy's eyes sparkling, and fingers dancing. He's like every person first in love, entirely rapt in his feelings and adoration for her. I'm little bit worried what would happen if he realize it.

But now I'm gonna just sit and enjoy their quirky adorable love, and hope for some Tijuana sex show soon  :icon_cheesygrin: