[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

Twice this season Sheldon has indicated disdain for romance but he is a freakin' genius at it.

I don't know.  I'm not sure he's a genius at romance.  I think he's a genius at Amy.  From the moment he first laid eyes on her in that coffee shop, we've gotten these sidelong glances from him that make me think he regards her as a curiosity - a mystery he wants to solve.  She interests him, so he studies her, and we all know Sheldon Cooper is a quick study whenever he puts his mind to something.

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you by chance see any prom photo at Amy's place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no photos were out but she dressed one of her monkey figurines in a santa suit. She probably keeps the photo in a drawer next to her dental hygiene equipment.

Quick question for those who were at the taping: did they show the pic of Sheldon with Santa Claus? If so, was it funny?

they showed him posing through the whole shot, so it won't be like the prom blink picture if they show it in the promo photos. But it is still a grown man in a suit sitting on Santa's lap, so I think that still counts as funny Edited by Tomasina

Yeah, I'm not worried about a break up or anything even remotely close. I think they will encounter issues they'll need to work through like any couple, but I feel like they are at a point of no return. Sheldon is head over heels for her, Amy knows this (man.... how far we've come since last Christmas when the guys were trying to convince her he cared about her and she didn't buy it). I don't see the point in committing Sheldon to this state of unabashedly loving her and being so open about it just to break them up. I've said from the beginning that Shamy is interesting enough that they don't need that to create drama and anticipation.

I do think they will have tension and butt heads at some point regarding intimacy. Sheldon isn't physically all there like he is emotionally. I think he enjoys kissing her but still has a great fear when it comes to being more intimate and eventually making love to her. It will be a conversation they'll need to have at some point, IMO. So I don't think sex will happen this season. There's still so much to do with them before then.

My prediction is that they'll focus on his career for awhile - I agree with theshamyshipper that the psychic scene will play a part - and that he'll learn to be a better teacher. Shamy will probs be on the back burner and at some point I think they'll face tension regarding intimacy. And at the very end of the reason, I think something sex-related will happen, but not sex itself. Like maybe he's ready to do it and Amy gets cold feet. Or they both get cold feet. Or they just sleep together platonically but end up making out in bed (kill me) and there's a cliffhanger that makes everyone want to rip their hair out. We'll see.

Got it! Thank you! A little disappointed that we didn't get to see it.  :icon_cry:

A LOT disappointed….but yes, I know, so much goodness otherwise.

SOMEone better have been thrown against a wall dammit.

Is that too much to ask?  C'mon writers....     ;)

Anything remotely like this BETTER be on screen. Please and thank you.

Oh my Oprah, the arms are so beautiful. His forearms are the air I breathe, and I don't even care if I'm creepy. Shamy are so cute it's verging on not being okay anymore. I'm not okay,

Edited by Maddie