[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

Seriously. 2k for a Valentines present. And that tiara had to be 2k at least. They were in a real jewelry store. That tiara wasn't no Claires, it was the real deal. :p I think it's sexy he can just plop down so much money for her without even thinking about it. He's not rich. He makes enough to live very comfortably I'm sure, but it's still hot he spends so much on her... I'm not a materialistic person, I promise, haha.

That being said, I love how he always knows exactly what to get her. He knows what she'll love. Penny suggested a bracelet, but he knew she'd love the tiara. Alex suggested the music box and the map and the drawing, but he knew the emergency contract would be perfect. It was his way of basically saying she's the most important person in his life. And lastly, Bernie suggested a sweater, he said that wasn't good enough. It had to be perfect. And I firmly believe Sheldon tries to hide how much he cares about people (like last week with Leonard and of course Amy). Usually people try to pretend they care more than they actually do, but with Sheldon it's the opposite. He cares more than he'd like to, and he covers it up with trying to "ruin her Christmas." When we know, as much as he hates gift giving, he wanted to give her something that would put the sparkle in her eye he seems to love so much. He wanted her to be happy. I think he said it all with his description of the things he knows (loves) about Amy. The sparkle in her eye when she watches French films. They way her hands move as if playing along to harp music. Can we all just let it sink in how unbelievably romantic that is? And from Sheldon! It's beyond impressive to me that the writers are willing to go there with him. All the while keeping him IC.

I also love that Amy has talked to Meemaw and Meemaw gave her the recipes. Grandmas are usually pretty stingy with their recipes, as was mentioned numerous times. For me, and I mentioned this, it almost seems like Sheldon and Amy are already family. It's like Amy is already a part of him in a way a wife is to her husband. Even beyond that. He has it so bad for her. As cheesy and cliche as it sounds, I think for him, losing her at this point would be like losing a part of himself. As two people who were thought to be destined to walk the earth alone, they are the other's missing pieces. And it's such a beautiful thing to see.

That brought tears, Maddie.  Beautiful.

• Like 8

It's so difficult for me to decide which aspect of the episode I like the best. The second take of Amy saying I love you was so sweet, it made my heart melt. Sheldon talking to Bernadette in the car about mistletoe was amazing.  The look on Sheldon's face at the mall when he talked about Amy's eyes sparkling and admitting to Bernadette that yes he does love her. The whole scene with the gift exchanging happened so quickly that I didn't have time to capture in every moment. I remember how touched Sheldon looked when Amy explained the cookie thing and how happy Amy looked at her gift. I don't think I will be able to decide which part I like best until I see it again on TV. The facial expressions of Sheldon and Amy make a lot of scenes with them a million times better. This will be an episode that I will want to watch again and again. Curse the peoples of CBS who won't air this beautiful masterpiece until December. :icon_razz:

Seriously.. Did this happen? I still can't. I mean REALLY?

• Like 5

And have we all talked about the fact that the gift exchange was only taped once and then it was perfect so they moved on?  :icon_cheesygrin:

Random question, Michy (or anyone who was at the taping):  In that scene, I know y'all said the guys were wearing suits - I was just wondering if it was one of Sheldon's normal suits (like the checkered jacket or the one on the train) or something different.  Ya know, for fantasizing-about-this-episode purposes :D

Random question, Michy (or anyone who was at the taping):  In that scene, I know y'all said the guys were wearing suits - I was just wondering if it was one of Sheldon's normal suits (like the checkered jacket or the one on the train) or something different.  Ya know, for fantasizing-about-this-episode purposes :D

I recall it being a plain grey suit, more like the one on the train than his more garish ones. He was quite fetching. :)

• Like 6

I have a question that I don't think was mentioned, or maybe I overlooked it in the TR.

If Sheldon wasn't intending to buy Amy a gift until Bernie told him he had to get her something (and he decided to "shame" her with a gift), then why was he riding with her in the first place?

Were they already headed to the mall?

• Like 1

I have a question that I don't think was mentioned, or maybe I overlooked it in the TR.

If Sheldon wasn't intending to buy Amy a gift until Bernie told him he had to get her something (and he decided to "shame" her with a gift), then why was he riding with her in the first place?

I think she was driving him to Amy's, because guys were at work. But still interesting I agree.

I am so in love with this episode! Perfect christmass gift.It will make christmass hiatus so much easier.It will be on repeat.

And I don't care about the kiss being off screen as long as it is mentioned.We can't have it all. We will have somethimg to look forward later in season 8.

In the last episodes of season 7 we had either bad or no shamy scenes at all and now they are so making it up to us.

I enjoy so much this season not just shamy wise.I think it's a lot funnier than last year's.

And I am so enjoying all of your comments! It's already christmas in the shamy land.

Love this thread right now  :wub:  :wub: 

• Like 4

It's sooo cool that we have so much Shamy goodness, but I absolutely don't want this to be often and i don't wanna get used to it. I want Shamy to amaze us every time, i love this exciting waiting and this slow moves. IM TRULY HAPPY ABOUT THE LAST EPISODE. but i think it's pretty fast already and i don't want them to move not-Shamy-fast and make all fanfics come true right now.

Edited by Susanna Sharanova

sheldon hates showing up early just as much as being late, so it does make you wonder if going to the mall was his plan all along.