[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

I'm a bit of a lurker in Shamy threads but just want to say I'm enjoying the positive vibe in here today about reported events from episode 1. Refreshing change from the angst after the season 7 finale. Hope the writers can maintain it for you, koops!

• Like 5

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello!   Just wanted to come say hi, i'm still new to the forum.    I wanted to thank all the shamys for being so patient with me last night. Last night was big! I'm going to try to write more BTS

I'm still reeling, I cannot think straight today. Man, I can't believe how perfect this whole milestone was, and I can't believe how consistently good the writers are at knocking *every single milesto

THE FACE THE FACE THE FAAAAACCCCCEEEE  

Posted Images

I think Sheldon, for all his big-head, is actually really harsh on himself. Just think of how he reacted to his blunder in Romance Resonance and wouldn't let it go. I don't think he's one of those arrogant pricks who want everyone to worship the ground they walk on without lifting a finger to prove their worth, he wants people to worship the ground he walks on because he IS perfect. He really strives to be the best he can and it kills his ego at every little hiccup people would consider bad luck. 

I agree that Sheldon is a perfectionist and to hard on himself, and his self confidence was shaken when he left anyway, so I am sure being robbed didn't help things much, but hopefully Amy will help Sheldon realize that it doesn't matter how smart you are, this kind of thing could happen to anybody, and it is good that Sheldon was leaning on his friends for help, that is growth on his part - and I just love that Sheldon and Leonard hugged again, because that's what they do now :)

• Like 1

I love everything I've read so far! This feels like this season will very much be about Sheldon's issues with intimacy coming to the surface like never before. I can't wait to see how the writers deal with that. And I kinda saw ashamed Sheldon coming and that confirms all my theories about his inner turmoil concerning Amy! I'm so happy!

• Like 3

Thanks for the info, you guys. Hope you had a great time.

Now, did he really said he wanted to have coitus with Amy? I got the context, but still, That's gotta count for something, right?

yes, It was "just" to test if she was hearing. But there is more and more hints like that... " if we were in a physical relationship, you just lose sex tonight, " I kiss girls now " ... It's definitely in his head, believe me. Edited by Redrose
  • Like 8

Thanks for all the information, chaps! I hope you had a wonderful time.

Right, this looks like unexpectedly thoughtful writing, guys. Completely agree with Marina and koops that this corroborates our suspicions that the 'lot of pressure' Sheldon feels is largely self-inflicted. Sheldon's perfectionism, his narcissism and his childlike desire for instant gratification collide in ways that frequently make him unhappy: when there are no immediate answers, or if Sheldon himself hasn't found the answers in dazzling ways. I wonder if we'll explore the trip and the lack of (apparent) satisfying resolution and clarity for Sheldon. And huzzah for Amy plainly and bluntly telling Sheldon how she feels, rather than tiptoeing around him or trying to nudge him in a desired direction!

And- which I am even more excited about than about the return of the show- here's to some lively discussions, y'all!

Edited by wowbagger
  • Like 3

The fact that Sheldon lost his pants reminded me of the first ever episode when he and Leonard tried to get Penny’s TV back.  They were walking up the stairs (sans pants) Leonard said he was sorry and Sheldon said that it was not the first pant thing and it won’t be his last.  He had it right there.

• Like 3

Yeah I love it how Amy just says that she is mad at him. Raiders was a valuable episode about that kind of stuff and I am glad that this is brought up again. Blant honesty is their thing glad to see it once again!!

Now if they also adress the "hapiness on her terms" issue I will be ecstatic!! It seems like he really misinterpreted what her terms are. I agree that the coitus line shows that it's in Sheldon's mind probably more than Amy's. And he is pressured still. He thinks that is what's gonna make her talk if she listens. I think he is mistaken and that episode makes it rock solid. Sheldon thinks he has to be perfect for her to love him and her ultimate goal is coitus. But she loves him just the way he is and her ultimate goal is being close intellectually, emotionally and physically. I am so soo glad they went that way it's a treasure of storylines. At that point I could live without the cold feet scenario but if it happened it would definitely hammer the point home. Amy's ultimate goal isn't coitus and he is been putting pressure on himself all along.

• Like 4

But I don't understand how Sheldon failed. Someone stole his property and that's not his failure, he survived almost 4 mths on his own, that's the huge achievement. If he hadn't been robbed he'd still be on that train. But from what I'm reading so far, it's a lack lustre premier though. 

1) Failure isn't my word - it's the writers', it's Sheldon's, and, like it or not, it is very much in character. Sheldon is harsh on everyone around him, but he is even harsher on himself. The way he refused to let his mistake go at the beginning of the seventh season even though it seemed at first that it had been a happy mistake is very significative. 

2) wtf are you even doing in here? You don't see us trolling ShennyHQ do you? jesus

Edited by Marina
  • Like 6

1) Failure isn't my word - it's the writers', it's Sheldon's, and, like it or not, it is very much in character. Sheldon is harsh on everyone around him, but he is even harsher on himself. The way he refused to let his mistake go at the beginning of the seventh season even though it seemed at first that it had been a happy mistake is very significative.

2) wtf are you even doing in here? You don't see us trolling ShennyHQ do you? jesus

Not to mention he was on the train for barely over a month, not 4.

Reading the report, I wish they would knock it off with all these jokes about Amy being shot down tbh. It seems like everyone is starting to get fed up, given the audience reactions. Since Molaro himself said it's hard to see that happen, you would think it's about time they put it to rest.

• Like 6

I put it in the wrong thread. I'll move it. 

Edited by Spaced_up

Not to mention he was on the train for barely over a month, not 4

And he never even left the train stations lmfao WHAT A SUCCESSFUL TRIP INDEED I'm cackling.

Reading the report, I wish they would knock it off with all these jokes about Amy being shot down tbh. It seems like everyone is starting to get fed up, given the audience reactions. Since Molaro himself said it's hard to see that happen, you would think it's about time they put it to rest.

Yeah, that's my main problem with the Shamy in this report, but it's better than I expected so I'm letting it slide for now. Especially since Amy is finally saying that she doesn't enjoy it one bit. I had missed my Backbone!Amy.

• Like 4