[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

But wasn't the whole point of "I'm always hoping but [...] of course I understand" and her declaration of love to show that she loves him as he is and that if it means never having sex, she is okay with that? Because loving him and being with him is more important than having sex? Sex is a big question mark for Amy - she's never had it - but she is certain of her feelings for Sheldon, and she is certain of his feelings for her. If being happy with him means never having sex, I don't doubt for a second that she'll never pursue anything in that direction. And this idea that Amy isn't committed to him anyway, where does that even come from? It may not be marriage, but they're more committed to each other than Howard and Bernadette, who actualy are married. As koops puts it, Sheldon and Amy aren't "try before you buy" kind of people, they're "be sure before you buy" kind of people. That's why it took them so long to officially become a couple, that's why they didn't declare their obvious love for so long. Their trajectory is completely different to that of Penny and Leonard. Leonard needed to be sure Penny would be ready to commit and that's why he told her she'd have to be the one to propose because he was tired of being rejected. But Sheldon and Amy love each other unconditionally, and that means that Amy is committed to him no matter how much she gets in the physical intimacy department. She is committed to him with or without sex, with or without a marriage contract, and as things currently stand, she's essentially admitted that she's willing to not have sex if it means they can still be together. And if they do marry (as Sheldon hasn't expressed any interest in that at the moment), it won't be because they're finally willing to commit, it'll be because a marriage contract is the ultimate bureaucracy tenant in the love department. If that makes sense.

Yeah...I think you caught me doing something that I often do, which is projecting myself upon Amy.  :p  And you're right that they're fully committed.  I feel like the relationship agreement is as ironclad if not moreso than a marriage certificate anyway. 

• Like 2

But wasn't the whole point of "I'm always hoping but [...] of course I understand" and her declaration of love to show that she loves him as he is and that if it means never having sex, she is okay with that? Because loving him and being with him is more important than having sex? Sex is a big question mark for Amy - she's never had it - but she is certain of her feelings for Sheldon, and she is certain of his feelings for her. If being happy with him means never having sex, I don't doubt for a second that she'll never pursue anything in that direction. And this idea that Amy isn't committed to him anyway, where does that even come from? It may not be marriage, but they're more committed to each other than Howard and Bernadette, who actualy are married. As koops puts it, Sheldon and Amy aren't "try before you buy" kind of people, they're "be sure before you buy" kind of people. That's why it took them so long to officially become a couple, that's why they didn't declare their obvious love for so long. Their trajectory is completely different to that of Penny and Leonard. Leonard needed to be sure Penny would be ready to commit and that's why he told her she'd have to be the one to propose because he was tired of being rejected. But Sheldon and Amy love each other unconditionally, and that means that Amy is committed to him no matter how much she gets in the physical intimacy department. She is committed to him with or without sex, with or without a marriage contract, and as things currently stand, she's essentially admitted that she's willing to not have sex if it means they can still be together. And if they do marry (as Sheldon hasn't expressed any interest in that at the moment), it won't be because they're finally willing to commit, it'll be because a marriage contract is the ultimate bureaucracy tenant in the love department. If that makes sense.

So spot on Marina! Her love declaration was to say "understand because I love you." She knows him better than anyone. She knew what she was getting into worth him. If she was/is waiting on sex to fully commit to Sheldon she is being unfair to the both of them. I would hate if their story is told this way and it would make me think so much less of Amy.

• Like 8

I so want a moment where he catches her dressing or in the shower or something....yea, he gave her bath back in fish guts, but that was two years ago and he wasn't in love & having urges back then....I think the love/urges part for him really didn't start until D&D.......

I still think in my head how that would happen, but I would love it!!!

• Like 6

Oh Jiab...they did effect him....The look he makes when she says "maybe you should spank me harder" and he says "maybe I will".....confirmed that....

but if the same thing were to happen today....he probably wouldn't be able to hold back as much....

• Like 9

Part of me still believes that when he applied vaporub to her chest, bathed her, and spanked her, all of that stuff did affect him but he suppressed the feelings by using Kolinahr.

I believe he's using this memories every time he comes home from his Tijuana sex show date night kiss  ;)  :icon_cheesygrin: 

• Like 8

Part of me still believes that when he applied vaporub to her chest, bathed her, and spanked her, all of that stuff did affect him but he suppressed the feelings by using Kolinahr.

I believe he had been affected even before that.... which it why I thought of spanking that ass, of all things, in the first place. LOL!

• Like 3

I'm wondering if Shamy kisses are still the closed mouth chaste kisses we've seen on screen? My guess is they are because I would think tptb would want their first really passionate kiss and their reaction to it to play out on screen because, imo, that scene would be gold!

I know some think that Shamy will be put on the back burner for the second half of the season but I'm not so sure.I think that the physical aspect of their relationship may be progressed and them kissing passionately and losing a little 'control' may be a good place to start.

After what's happened so far this season I'm not sure the physical side of their relationship can be ignored and dragged out much longer.

• Like 7

But wasn't the whole point of "I'm always hoping but [...] of course I understand" and her declaration of love to show that she loves him as he is and that if it means never having sex, she is okay with that? Because loving him and being with him is more important than having sex? Sex is a big question mark for Amy - she's never had it - but she is certain of her feelings for Sheldon, and she is certain of his feelings for her. If being happy with him means never having sex, I don't doubt for a second that she'll never pursue anything in that direction. And this idea that Amy isn't committed to him anyway, where does that even come from? It may not be marriage, but they're more committed to each other than Howard and Bernadette, who actualy are married. As koops puts it, Sheldon and Amy aren't "try before you buy" kind of people, they're "be sure before you buy" kind of people. That's why it took them so long to officially become a couple, that's why they didn't declare their obvious love for so long. Their trajectory is completely different to that of Penny and Leonard. Leonard needed to be sure Penny would be ready to commit and that's why he told her she'd have to be the one to propose because he was tired of being rejected. But Sheldon and Amy love each other unconditionally, and that means that Amy is committed to him no matter how much she gets in the physical intimacy department. She is committed to him with or without sex, with or without a marriage contract, and as things currently stand, she's essentially admitted that she's willing to not have sex if it means they can still be together. And if they do marry (as Sheldon hasn't expressed any interest in that at the moment), it won't be because they're finally willing to commit, it'll be because a marriage contract is the ultimate bureaucracy tenant in the love department. If that makes sense.

I totally agree with this.

If Amy's commitment to the relationship and her love for Sheldon were dependent upon whether or not he would be capable of or willing to have sex with her, then she would not have been willing to let him off the hook about it just as she's ready to declare her love for him.

Otherwise it would have been some variation of "If you love me, you'll have sex with me" or "I'd like to say I love you, but it will depend on if you're willing to have sex with me."

Both of those ideas sound horrible to me and not like love.

I don't think that you need to try sex like you'd test drive a car. I know that a lot of people think you do, but I think that's simply a modern excuse for sex before marriage. I mean, it's not as if one needs to figure out if you're the same species--the parts are designed to go together.

At any rate, she does love him enough that she doesn't seem to want to push him in that department. She didn't even want him to feel obligated to return the ILY. I do think that she can take assurance from the fact that as reluctant as he was about physical interactions when they first became a couple, he has obviously made progress.

It will always be in his nature, I believe, to be more modest and prudish about things like PDA, hence the "Tijuana Sex show" comment, and that has been and will be a factor in when he's ready to cross that final line, but I don't think the writers are intending to make him ultimately unwilling. And I think they've made it that Amy loves him no matter what.

Yes, she's always hoping that it will happen, but no, she's not going to hold it over his head as an ultimatum--"Have sex with me or I won't marry you."

• Like 4

I'm wondering if Shamy kisses are still the closed mouth chaste kisses we've seen on screen? My guess is they are because I would think tptb would want their first really passionate kiss and their reaction to it to play out on screen because, imo, that scene would be gold!

I know some think that Shamy will be put on the back burner for the second half of the season but I'm not so sure.I think that the physical aspect of their relationship may be progressed and them kissing passionately and losing a little 'control' may be a good place to start.

After what's happened so far this season I'm not sure the physical side of their relationship can be ignored and dragged out much longer.

My guess is that they're probably not as chaste as we've seen. Remember the comment at the cal tech cafeteria when Leonard confirmed Sheldon's assessment that their kisses weren't romantic and now when they went to the mall, their kiss under the mistletoe (to Sheldon) was like a "Tijuana sex show." TPTB are going to have to claim some steps in their physical relationship is done off screen because they simply don't have enough time to show us every single step for Shamy.

I think the simple fact that they've been doing a lot of kissing off screen, indicates they've gotten better at it (Amy probably responds now) and they're a little more "steamyer"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I just had a thought...can you imagine how lengthy the relationship agreement will become once they move in together and get married?  It'll be the length of the relationship agreement (which would by then include sex, in-laws, and sharing finances, for example) + the roommate agreement.  It'll be as thick as that book Sheldon was using to look up the reaction rates before he thought he discovered a new element.

• Like 7

I agree that Amy could potentially be happy with or without it. I'm just saying it's an issue they need to discuss. I don't want Amy's desires or needs to be marginalized because omg she just loves Sheldon so much, she'll give up anything to be with him! I think their relationship means far more than that, and if they're gonna go talking about marriage (which is not something hinted on the show, just something we as fans were discussing), then they need to have an honest conversation about where they are, what their needs and comforts are, and where their relationship is going. My point being that they're no where near a marriage discussion until they figure this crap out. 

• Like 9