[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

I've been busy for a couple of days and haven't thought too much about the upcoming episode.  When I came back to check, I thought more time had passed, but nope.  It's still 12 days away.  :(

On the bright side, it seems Mayim understands our frustration.  You guys probably saw, she posted on FB today that she can't wait a year to see the next Star Wars movie.

• Like 2

I've been wondering too about Amy's nightmares. What could be their origins ?

And I definitely want Sheldon to deal with it and eradicate them :)

Oh and Sheldon seeing a naked Amy, accidentaly or not, would be fun :p

I think her accidentally seeing him naked would be even funnier.

• Like 4

I've been wondering too about Amy's nightmares. What could be their origins ?

And I definitely want Sheldon to deal with it and eradicate them :)

I’ve just done some quick research on night terrors and learned quite a few things. I assumed they were just really, really bad nightmares, but it seems they’re not. They’re episodes of screaming, intense fear and failing while still asleep and are often paired with sleepwalking. A person who has a nightmare will wake up and may remember details, but a person who has night terrors usually remains asleep. Also, a nightmare generally occur in the last half of the night, whereas night terrors occur in the first half of the night.

Also a person might –

Sit up in bed

Scream or shout

Kick and thrash

Sweat, breathe heavily and have a racing pulse

Be hard to awaken, but if awakened be confused

Be inconsolable

Stare wide-eyed

Get out of bed and run around the house

Engage in aggressive behaviour (more common in adults)

That last one would explain the biting, but I have to admit my first thought on seeing the 'get of out bed and run around the house' was of a naked Amy being chased by an equally naked Sheldon around the apartment......

and now I need to go lay down

Edited by A Shamy gal
  • Like 5

Get him drunk enough and he might moon her. :p

Where's Penny and her tea when we need her, right? :p

I’ve just done some quick research on night terrors and learned quite a few things. I assumed they were just really, really bad nightmares, but it seems they’re not. They’re episodes of screaming, intense fear and failing while still asleep and are often paired with sleepwalking. A person who has a nightmare will wake up and may remember details, but a person who has night terrors usually remains asleep. Also, a nightmare generally occur in the last half of the night, whereas night terrors occur in the first half of the night.

Also a person might –

Sit up in bed

Scream or shout

Kick and thrash

Be inconsolable

Stare wide-eyed

That last one would explain the biting, but I have to admit my first thought on seeing the 'get of out bed and run around the house' was of a naked Amy being chased by an equally naked Sheldon around the apartment......

Actually my daughter had them when she was little and now that she's 5 it's turning into sleepwalking. Freaky if you ask me because I'm always scared she might exit her bedroom one day.

When around 2 years old they were the worst, she would kick, scream, get all tensed and yet fully asleep. Once I found her jumping on her bed, terrorised and she had no idea I was there while she was jumping and shouting "get out of my bed!!!", she was 4 at the time.

• Like 2

Actually my daughter had them when she was little and now that she's 5 it's turning into sleepwalking. Freaky if you ask me because I'm always scared she might exit her bedroom one day.

When around 2 years old they were the worst, she would kick, scream, get all tensed and yet fully asleep. Once I found her jumping on her bed, terrorised and she had no idea I was there while she was jumping and shouting "get out of my bed!!!", she was 4 at the time.

That must have been scary. I don't how I would cope myself if I was in that situation. Any idea what caused the night terrors and now the sleepwalking?

That must have been scary. I don't how I would cope myself if I was in that situation. Any idea what caused the night terrors and now the sleepwalking?

We went to see a pediatrician who was specialized in sleeping issues. She talked with us during 2 h getting to know what a normal day was at our house and I guess checking whether we were doing somethingwrong. Bottom line was that I was leaving too early in the morning to go to work and she was not seeing me hence the difficulties to fall asleep on the evenings and the night terrors (maman won't be there in the morning!!!!!!).

Nowadays it really is getting rare and thank God for that. She tend to do it again (sleepwalking as she's older) only when she's very tired so ... we avoid that at all costs lol.

What was nice for her is that she had no idea about what had happened in the morning except being very tired.

The solution was "simply" to wake her up earlier in the mornings so that she could see me and believe it or not, it was over in less than a week when it lasted during 10 months!!!

Anyways, back to the Shamy :p

I REAAAAAAAALLY want to see Sheldon dealing with that ;)

Edited by Arduina
  • Like 2

:icon_wink:[

We went to see a pediatrician who was specialized in sleeping issues. She talked with us during 2 h getting to know what a normal day was at our house and I guess checking whether we were doing somethingwrong. Bottom line was that I was leaving too early in the morning to go to work and she was not seeing me hence the difficulties to fall asleep on the evenings and the night terrors (maman won't be there in the morning!!!!!!).

Nowadays it really is getting rare and thank God for that. She tend to do it again (sleepwalking as she's older) only when she's very tired so ... we avoid that at all costs lol.
What was nice for her is that she had no idea about what had happened in the morning except being very tired.

The solution was "simply" to wake her up earlier in the mornings so that she could see me and believe it or not, it was over in less than a week when it lasted during 10 months!!!

I'm glad you were able to find the solution and that it rarely happens now.

Anyways, back to the Shamy :p

I REAAAAAAAALLY want to see Sheldon dealing with that ;)

It'd be funny, sweet and so cute to see Sheldon having to deal with it.     

Where's Penny and her tea when we need her, right? :p

I know one kind which is sleepwalking too, she have this issues two or three days before full moon. Her parents told me she mostly just sit and look a them absently, sometimes walking around the house. Scary. She's 8 now, it started around same age as with your daughter. For what I know doctor told them it's not healthy to wake her in that state, just watching after her, so she couldn't hurt herself, and that it mostly pass with age. She have it less frequent now. 

But back to the topic. I'm maybe weirdo, but Amy biting Sheldon, and Sheldon forced to hold her down, and take care of her - cutest thing ever  :icon_biggrin: Someone should pass this ideas to writers  :icon_biggrin:

I think for adults that have night terrors, it's more difficult to find a solution to night terrors.

However, what can be done is understanding when the person has a night terror (in the first half hour, there may be a pattern) and wake them up before the night terror occurs. Apparently that's meant to help, so I can imagine Sheldon doing that.

But I think that's for cases where the person remembers what their night terrors are about. For adults, they don't often remember or even know that it happened.

I know one kind which is sleepwalking too, she have this issues two or three days before full moon. Her parents told me she mostly just sit and look a them absently, sometimes walking around the house. Scary. She's 8 now, it started around same age as with your daughter. For what I know doctor told them it's not healthy to wake her in that state, just watching after her, so she couldn't hurt herself, and that it mostly pass with age. She have it less frequent now. 

But back to the topic. I'm maybe weirdo, but Amy biting Sheldon, and Sheldon forced to hold her down, and take care of her - cutest thing ever  :icon_biggrin: Someone should pass this ideas to writers  :icon_biggrin:

The pediatrician definitely told us not to wake her up. We tried once (before we met the pediatrician) and it was even worst, took us nearly 1/2 an hour to wake her up she was totally exhausted and she had another terror like 2h later. Horrible night for young and inexperienced parents :(

I want to see Sheldon having to pin down Amy on the bed :p Oh and maybe their "bathsuit area" getting in contact while doing so.

I know ... dirty dirty dirty ...

• Like 8

The pediatrician definitely told us not to wake her up. We tried once (before we met the pediatrician) and it was even worst, took us nearly 1/2 an hour to wake her up she was totally exhausted and she had another terror like 2h later. Horrible night for young and inexperienced parents :(

I want to see Sheldon having to pin down Amy on the bed :p Oh and maybe their "bathsuit area" getting in contact while doing so.

I know ... dirty dirty dirty ...

That's very difficult situation. But with most of children frequency is decreasing with age and it will fade away naturally, I'm sure it will be your case as well :)

Yeah...kinda want to see that magic of their bathing suit area mushed together ...but I guess they would need to change age rating for us :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

That's very difficult situation. But with most of children frequency is decreasing with age and it will fade away naturally, I'm sure it will be your case as well :)

Yeah...kinda want to see that magic of their bathing suit area mushed together ...but I guess they would need to change age rating for us :icon_biggrin:

I would settle for Jim in a bathing suit.  :icon_biggrin:

• Like 2

Also a person might –

Sit up in bed

Scream or shout

Kick and thrash

Be inconsolable

Stare wide-eyed

Well...In case of night terrors I know a little, because I have a uncle who has it!
Yes my family is a little great with strangers stuff.... But I love them, anyway.
One day I go to my uncle's house and he start screaming, and walk in house.. Really, I had fourteen years, and I never see one thing like this. Really, I start to crying in fear, because he start bitten,screaming, punch and crying... Really I saw a bad scene...
Next day I ask to my father, what the hell is that... And my dad say this kind of nightmare is a sequel about a tragedy in past. 
And my uncle saw a guy dying so...tragedy..
But searching more online, the cause for this stuff is like, unknown.
So, I don't know what is in case of Amy. I know is children is common but in adults? Is a family trace? My brother is a somnambulist,too.
One thing I don't like so much about the show is they don't talk about amy's life.... And everything we listen is so bad, like death, drugs in family and loneliness..
How life of Amy Farrah Fowler was?

Sorry for the long speech, again. I love talk,so... Sorry.
  • Like 2

Well...In case of night terrors I know a little, because I have a uncle who has it!
Yes my family is a little great with strangers stuff.... But I love them, anyway.
One day I go to my uncle's house and he start screaming, and walk in house.. Really, I had fourteen years, and I never see one thing like this. Really, I start to crying in fear, because he start bitten,screaming, punch and crying... Really I saw a bad scene...
Next day I ask to my father, what the hell is that... And my dad say this kind of nightmare is a sequel about a tragedy in past. 
And my uncle saw a guy dying so...tragedy..
But searching more online, the cause for this stuff is like, unknown.
So, I don't know what is in case of Amy. I know is children is common but in adults? Is a family trace? My brother is a somnambulist,too.
One thing I don't like so much about the show is they don't talk about amy's life.... And everything we listen is so bad, like death, drugs in family and loneliness..
How life of Amy Farrah Fowler was?

Sorry for the long speech, again. I love talk,so... Sorry.

It's frustrating for me that we know literally almost nothing about her. I tend to make my own theories about why characters are the way they are, but in her, I just don't have much to build on. What about her father? alive, death, away? Does she have siblings? Only fact we have is that her mother was overprotective, but it's that enough to make her that person she was in beginning of season 4 ? How can we guess right what causes her nightmares, if we don't even know her properly. I would probably more than anything physical like kiss or something wanted to see them on some kind of family convention, finally look behind that curtain, and see Sheldon interacting with them  :)

• Like 3

It's frustrating for me that we know literally almost nothing about her. I tend to make my own theories about why characters are the way they are, but in her, I just don't have much to build on. What about her father? alive, death, away? Does she have siblings? Only fact we have is that her mother was overprotective, but it's that enough to make her that person she was in beginning of season 4 ? How can we guess right what causes her nightmares, if we don't even know her properly. I would probably more than anything physical like kiss or something wanted to see them on some kind of family convention, finally look behind that curtain, and see Sheldon interacting with them  :)

My personal theory is that Amy and Sheldon both had physically abusive fathers.  That's just in my head though, and there's no way the show would venture into territory that dark.

• Like 1