The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rachelshamyfan

[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

LOL...I've watched it 4x since last night!!  Its addicting for sure!!

Man, this season has given us so much!!  I can't deal

• Like 1

LOL...I've watched it 4x since last night!!  Its addicting for sure!!

Man, this season has given us so much!!  I can't deal

I am back to thinking the other shoe is going to drop *runs*

• Like 3

Good point!!  He said her happiness first.  That's such growth right there (cause lets face it, our boy can be pretty selfish)

and the happiness comparision....Love it!!!

• Like 4

Also remember the line from "First Pitch": "It would make me so happy if you said things like that."

Apparently in Season 8, ask and you shall receive, Amy dear. :)

Lol...I made that connection earlier too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, we all know Sheldon tries to cover up his true intentions at times.  And we also know he wanted to get the woman he loves a present.  ;)  I'm hoping we'll see a future episode where this photo is displayed somewhere in her apartment.  I'd love to see their prom picture too.  Wouldn't it be great if it was actually Sheldon who had kept that one?

I don't think he was trying to cover up anything.  I take his words at face value in this.  I think that if the writers intended to imply that Sheldon was trying to make up some excuse for getting Amy a gift, we would have seen a much more coy Sheldon and one who was not open with his feelings and thoughts about Amy.

I think it was true that he thought he would embarrass her by giving her a gift when she hadn't given him one.  He wanted to punish her for making him celebrate Christmas.  I think it was truly as pure and simple as that.

And I think that's what makes his little epiphany at the end that more meaningful.

I only watched this episode 2 times, because of work, but I will watch it again and again. It become my favorite episode for season 8 too.

I didn't read others topics, so probably it is already said, I was so into shamy that's, in the first viewing,  I didn't notice that they cut the talk about Raj and Penny. I noticed it in the second. It was a good idea to cut it (even if personaly that doesn't bored me but I understand Lenny shipers).

I finally made myself to stop watching this piece ... yes, maybe I need a rehab. I'm tallin and I admit, I have a problem   :icon_biggrin: Anyway... hard to add anything meaningful to all fitting amazing posts. It was just spectacular, magnificent and just perfect. Amy's I love you, Sheldon's confession to Bernie, Amy's expression and hugging the picture, Sheldon's expression to Amy, making him cookies... it was just so, so beautiful. We can be  proud we have these two wonderful actors, they can do miracles with their characters, such a chemistry and wonderful talents :) And writers? Well, you just made my fort !

Now excuse me I will climb up to my happy cloud, read some sweet fanfic, and will keep that silly happy expression on my face just for a while   :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 3

Simon/Howard's expression after that line cracked me up, haha.

I wish I were off work so I could watch it again.  I adore lovestruck Sheldon.  Even when supposedly aiming to 'punish' Amy, he's trying to make her as happy as possible.  The "It has to be perfect" bit kills me.  No more "this is about two thousand dollars, um, I think she likes monkeys and the colour grey."  No more talk of just getting her a humidifier from Sears. No, his Amy deserves perfection.  He can say it was a revenge plot if he wants.  :girlwink:

This episode sounds amazing. I think, though, that Sheldon wanted the Valentines gift he sent Alex to get to be perfect too - he was just worried that he'd get it wrong, so thought he make it right by sending Alex off with (a lot) of money. After all, she was a woman, wasn't she? She'd know what a woman would like...and certainly back then, he had a real problem with gift giving. Amy's present was too important to mess up. Of course, we all know what happened in the end, and he far from messed up, once he followed his instincts rather than doubting himself - which he would never have admitted anyway!

• Like 3

I'm not the only one! My husband left for work and I was watching it again and he said "You have a problem." and I said " I will watch it every day until I die and then I will project it on my tombstone." by then he was so disgusted by my nerdiness he just left. Seriously this season is killing me! And my writing endeavors, it is like why bother with the fic if you are getting what you always wanted? One more thing, I flipped out when he called her "dear" in Champagne Reflection" and that was in there costume personas. When he called her "dear" in the message it became clear to me that is her pet name.

I thought that too. "Dear" is totally his term of endearment for her when they're in private and no one can convince me otherwise.

It's so adorably old school.

• Like 7

I love every word in his "my dear Amy". In my headcanon, he uses this term on every email he sends her. 

• Like 6