The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rachelshamyfan

[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

Just for fun, this is what the brain scan cap thing that Sheldon was wearing throughout the episode looked like. He looked really funny wearing it, and after one scene the make up artist took it off his head and his hair got all messed up. I mean messed up in a good way. I like messed up Jim/Sheldon hair. :)

8135749317_e142b69c1d_h.jpg

I think Sheldon would like wearing that just for the sheer fact that it would make him look like something out of "Pirates of the Caribbean."  Release the Kracken!

• Like 1

Since they are in different fields I think it would be very cool if they won separately in the same year. Then they would absolutely be the science world's super couple!!!

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

...I know this may be unrelated, but I read it in fanfiction somewhere (can't remember which) where it turned out that Dr. Fowler's iq measurement turned out to be higher than that of Dr. Cooper. That would make a great episode...

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

Edited by hokie3457
  • Like 2

Too bad Sheldon isn't fan of quantum physic, there are great researches cooperating this field with neurobiology and psychology, but still so many opportunities ... like this :

http://www.gatsby.ucl.ac.uk/~zhaoping/prints/PWAPR04news-brain.pdf

http://www.nature.com/nrn/journal/v6/n9/full/nrn1745.html... or this sounds interesting

That's still dream of mine, to see them working on something together, and neuroscience with physics can make interesting, ground breaking changes in fields - lead them to Nobel, for physics or medicine or even chemistry... could see that happening, even when it would be huge challenge for writers. 

• Like 2

Marie Curie and Pierre Curie also shared the Nobel prize in 1903. Both Sheldon and Amy seem to admire this couple, but I agree with hokie, I prefer them to win separately because I think Sheldon would want to win in Physics and Amy would want to win in Physiology.

Edited by Jiab
  • Like 2

Well, it's more possible to see Leonard and Sheldon wining together - Sheldon suggests hypothesis to prove String Theory - Leonard finds an experiment to prove he's right, for example. But I don't see writers to "jeopardize" with science in real life that far, I don't think anyone will get Nobel Prize in the end, even if it would be thrilling for me to watch :)

I read the taping today... SHELDON DONT LIKE HOW AMY EATS BANANAS? Wtf? Hahahahah. Im bad thinking...

Edited by Carlilla
  • Like 1

Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but in 2014 a husband and wife team won the Nobel Prize in medicine together. However, they are both neuroscientists. She wore a beautiful dress to the ceremony that reminded me of the neuron drawing Alex got for him to give to Amy for Valentine's Day. Here is a link if you're interested: http://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/neurons-inspire-nobel-laureate-may-britt-mosers-dress-n265866

I love this!!

he can't stand watching her because he just wants her to stick it in her mouth already.

This might be my favorite interpretation of what the banana comment means. I love it.

• Like 7

If Sheldon gets a Nobel during the show's run, I don't see it happening before the actual finale, but I really don't know that it will.  Though I think (as much as I love Shamy and want Amy to get one too...) that Sheldon and Leonard getting one together would be really sweet and kind of bring the show full circle.  And both of them would of course have their women by their sides. :)

• Like 6

That ep has Amy and electrodes and no one could fail with that. I love it that she help him with that!! In general it doesn't sound like the most original episode but it could be really funny. Emily or Cinnamon will be for sure!!!

Also I've been thinking the "while you were asleep Amy took off her..." comment and I am not sure if that really happened or Leonard made it up. For example I doubt that Penny would ever use Sheldon's toothbrush.

I think they were deliberately trying to come up with outrageous things.  If he could actually hear them, it would have been funny to see how he would react.  And since he couldn't hear them, they could say the most extreme things they wanted to, just to be funny.

As for some comments saying that L/P are treating Sheldon like a child, it doesn't strike me that way.  I think they simply recognized that he was in a kind of strung-out state, hadn't slept, was hallucinating about Isaac Newton Armadillos (or whatever) and they helped him to bed.  Singing Soft Kitty was A) a callback since they haven't used that song since, what, S5?, and B ) an easy way to get Sheldon to fall asleep.

And maybe L/P are practicing for when they eventually have those "smart and beautiful" babies. :p

• Like 6

I think they were deliberately trying to come up with outrageous things.  If he could actually hear them, it would have been funny to see how he would react.  And since he couldn't hear them, they could say the most extreme things they wanted to, just to be funny.

As for some comments saying that L/P are treating Sheldon like a child, it doesn't strike me that way.  I think they simply recognized that he was in a kind of strung-out state, hadn't slept, was hallucinating about Isaac Newton Armadillos (or whatever) and they helped him to bed.  Singing Soft Kitty was A) a callback since they haven't used that song since, what, S5?, and B ) an easy way to get Sheldon to fall asleep.

And maybe L/P are practicing for when they eventually have those "smart and beautiful" babies. :p

Yeah, honestly I was more bothered by him spending the night on Penny's couch than having "Soft Kitty" sung to him, though I'm pretty sure both were just for humor and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

• Like 1

That is his post coital face! He's so gonna be exhausted but satisfied after his first times

There's no doubt in my mind that the first experience will not be their "first time", but "first times". Gotta love a man who loves repetition!n.

Edited by mphs95
  • Like 5