[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

To be honest, I don't think the writers just sat down thinking "mmmm, how can we piss the Shennies off again?" or "mmmm, how can we make it clear again that they're just siblings?". I'm sure there's a bit of tongue-in-cheek commentary by the writers in there regarding the Shenny faction of fans, they like to tease like that (just as last week's taping was a lovely tongue-in-cheek commentary about Shamy fanfiction), but I honestly don't think that was the main aim of the episode. I think it's likely that the writers simply caught sight of this article that's been doing the rounds and thought "Oh, that would be a fun one to mock, and we haven't had a Sheldon/Penny plot in a while" and just went with it. And, IMO, it came out quite funny. I think anyone that looks at this episodes and sees it as any sign that Shenny is veering towards the romantic or that the writers are toying with fire, seriously need to get some tutorials in viewing comprehension, because it's the complete opposite. I mean, honestly, there's more on-screen evidence that Raj and Howard might dump their respective SO's and run away together, but you don't hear anyone actually believing that will happen. 

I also don't think there's ever going to be a point where they're going to go "Ok, enough Shenny scenes, we made our point", because I don't think that making the point that Sheldon and Penny will never be romantically involved is the one and only thing they think about when they write this pairing. I actually think that they very very rarely have touched upon that particular aspect in their interactions through the seasons. Sheldon and Penny are two of the most popular characters on the show, and their interactions have been one of the strong points of the show since the beginning, so they will continue to interact and I think that's how it should be. The problem I had last season was that the writers were botching their message, IMO: they were writing Sheldon, especially, as not really considering Amy an important factor in his life while instead pushing this idea that he was somehow so close to Penny (which we have no on screen evidence for, other than that one, absurd line by Amy). And, I said at the time, if the message you want to give is that Sheldon and Amy are in a committed and loving relationship, but then you show that he's mostly annoyed by her and has no consideration for her feelings, while at the same time showing him be closer to Penny, then you're not getting your message across effectively. But, IMO, they have gone to great lengths to fix that this season, since Sheldon has made leaps and bounds in his role in the relationship with Amy (and I'm not just talking the ILY here, I'm talking the little things too, like the fact that he wanted to do prom right for her, or that he involves her in decisions about his finances, brags about their relationship, wants her to think highly of him and so on). I don't think his being close friends with Penny impinges onto the importance Amy has in his life anymore. It's balanced again: Penny is a close friend/sister/sister-in-law figure, Amy is the woman he loves, "treasures" and respects. And Penny has made it quite clear over and over she's a massive Shamy shipper and finds the idea of Sheldon in a romantic capacity totally repellent :p

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the-office-14.gif

Don't you dare end it there!

I TOTALLY agree!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I was bored and I wrote a little story about what happens when Sheldon finds out about the fan fiction.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11014920/1/

Check it out... or don't you know whatevs...lol

Next chapter please. Chop, chop. Is it done yet?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I was bored and I wrote a little story about what happens when Sheldon finds out about the fan fiction.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11014920/1/

Hoo I loved it, I hope you are bored again soon to continue!:-)

But I've always wondered if Sheldon's talk with Kripke about Amy would come up again... Just in my mind it would be so funny if he confronts her about her fanfic, but then she tells him that she's known all along about his sex bragging... so they would be 'even' now... and then they could act on BOTH fantasies:-)

https://www.fanficti...t/s/11014920/1/

Hoo I loved it, I hope you are bored again soon to continue!:-)

But I've always wondered if Sheldon's talk with Kripke about Amy would come up again... Just in my mind it would be so funny if he confronts her about her fanfic, but then she tells him that she's known all along about his sex bragging... so they would be 'even' now... and then they could act on BOTH fantasies:-) Oh god I need that exact conversation to go down now. It would play out beyond perfectly and perhaps lead to enough sexual tension so that they both lose control.

Recently I was watching season 4 and all the bonding moments between then and now really do make me squeal. The more I watch the moments the more that I think that besides Leonard, Amy is Sheldons best friend. The show might not emphasize that as much after they started dating, but you can still see that out of all the couples their friendship is the most solid.

I so have always thought they were the best friends. They have such a bond and have had that bond from day 1.

I mean don't get me wrong, Leonard and Sheldon are very good friends and Sheldon thinks of him as his best friend, but I think even he knows better.

Episode 200 will be Season 9 Episode 15, which coincides with February sweeps. I'm calling a big Shamy episode with either coitus or a proposal... or both???

How interesting is this - 6.15 Sheldon makes Amy his EC, 7.15 the Kiss, 8.15 the bath, 9.15  ????  Just Sayin

Edited by ShAmy4eva

To be honest, I don't think the writers just sat down thinking "mmmm, how can we piss the Shennies off again?" or "mmmm, how can we make it clear again that they're just siblings?". I'm sure there's a bit of tongue-in-cheek commentary by the writers in there regarding the Shenny faction of fans, they like to tease like that (just as last week's taping was a lovely tongue-in-cheek commentary about Shamy fanfiction), but I honestly don't think that was the main aim of the episode. I think it's likely that the writers simply caught sight of this article that's been doing the rounds and thought "Oh, that would be a fun one to mock, and we haven't had a Sheldon/Penny plot in a while" and just went with it. And, IMO, it came out quite funny. I think anyone that looks at this episodes and sees it as any sign that Shenny is veering towards the romantic or that the writers are toying with fire, seriously need to get some tutorials in viewing comprehension, because it's the complete opposite. I mean, honestly, there's more on-screen evidence that Raj and Howard might dump their respective SO's and run away together, but you don't hear anyone actually believing that will happen. 

I also don't think there's ever going to be a point where they're going to go "Ok, enough Shenny scenes, we made our point", because I don't think that making the point that Sheldon and Penny will never be romantically involved is the one and only thing they think about when they write this pairing. I actually think that they very very rarely have touched upon that particular aspect in their interactions through the seasons. Sheldon and Penny are two of the most popular characters on the show, and their interactions have been one of the strong points of the show since the beginning, so they will continue to interact and I think that's how it should be. The problem I had last season was that the writers were botching their message, IMO: they were writing Sheldon, especially, as not really considering Amy an important factor in his life while instead pushing this idea that he was somehow so close to Penny (which we have no on screen evidence for, other than that one, absurd line by Amy). And, I said at the time, if the message you want to give is that Sheldon and Amy are in a committed and loving relationship, but then you show that he's mostly annoyed by her and has no consideration for her feelings, while at the same time showing him be closer to Penny, then you're not getting your message across effectively. But, IMO, they have gone to great lengths to fix that this season, since Sheldon has made leaps and bounds in his role in the relationship with Amy (and I'm not just talking the ILY here, I'm talking the little things too, like the fact that he wanted to do prom right for her, or that he involves her in decisions about his finances, brags about their relationship, wants her to think highly of him and so on). I don't think his being close friends with Penny impinges onto the importance Amy has in his life anymore. It's balanced again: Penny is a close friend/sister/sister-in-law figure, Amy is the woman he loves, "treasures" and respects. And Penny has made it quite clear over and over she's a massive Shamy shipper and finds the idea of Sheldon in a romantic capacity totally repellent :p

I agree 100% with this. I was just thinking a moment ago, while reading all the various comments that have been flying around, that the primary pint of the episode was not really to try to prove anything to the Shenny fans--who wouldn't accept such Information anyway. I think the point was simply to have fun with the "love test" thing, involving the most unlikely pair, the two polar opposite people.

I said this over I the fanfic folder as well, that Sheldon's relationship with Penny in no way impinges on his relationship with Amy. Apples and oranges. He has one kind of relationship with Penny and a completely different kind of relationship with Amy. No silly questionnaire is going to change that, despite his egotistical assumption that Penny (or probably anyone) would fall in love with him. Who wouldn't, when he's so extraordinary?!

There's no threat and no dalliance. Just laughs.

There's plenty of time to go further with the Shamy intimacy. They're not in a hurry.