[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

Guest Loyal to SPQR and Shamy

Hook up might not of been shamy centric but it had one very funny shamy scene with Sheldon talking to Amy about investing in the comic book store :)

Also septum had funny shamy scenes

Okay, I'll fix that. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Sharmies, just to get a little discussion/ debate going on, what would be your top three scenes of the season so far?

For me

1) The "I love you" scene from prom, everything about it was perfect

2) The gift giving at Xmas dinner, Sheldon realising that Xmas is good

3) just for pure funniness alone, the bath scene on troll

Hmmm well I will say the below

Top 3 favorite Shamy moments:

- the ILY of course is #1

- the gift exchange at Christmas

- I would say when they discussed Sheldon's investing in the comic book store. While not a glaring Shamy moment I think that scene spoke volumes of where Sheldon sees Amy in his future. She for all intense purposes is his wife already. And how she knows how to work her man....priceless

Now top 3 moments of

the season:

- the girls plot in Troll. From start to finish this was epic. As much as I loved the bath part I also really loved Penny and Bernadette in this whole part

- junior professor with Amy being the popular girl and how that all played out

- the girls shopping trip when Penny tells Amy she has a lot going for her and she is pretty.

As you can see I am a big Amy fan and my takeaway so far this season has been major wins for Amy who for season after season was knocked down. She is just so much more confident.

I also have loved the growth of Sheldon. His whole demeanor has changed and he is just overall more manly (sans the couple of scenes of Lenny babying him)

So for the both of them to experience these changes has helped make the Shamy success even better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by kerrycec03

Dear Sharmies, just to get a little discussion/ debate going on, what would be your top three scenes of the season so far?

For me

Same for me.

1. The ILY

2. Sheldon telling Bernadette "I do" in reference to loving Amy. Amy saying "I don't hate you, I love you" her look and her voice was just ugh. Amazing. And then amy hearing his voice in her frame and damnit the whole Shamy/sheldon plot is just perfect

3. The girls' plot and the bath scene. Amy's look when she asks him about the future is just orgasmic.

Edited by MariaAlbina

I am new to this forum and am such a Shamy fan, I can hardly contain myself. I had to join so I could share my views with others like me.

There are so many favorite Shamy moments, it is hard to pick.

First of all, I love the way these two are so real with each other, how they call each other out, but at the same time move each other to be better. Although they each hope for different things in the relationship, they accept and love each other inspite of it and what others around them think.

My favorite moments are not so much the physical side, but the implications behind the words they say and the way they communicate through body language. The smiles they give one another and "eye coitus" to me are far more intimate than physical sex.

1) On the train, I loved Amy calling Sheldon out for not giving her the romance she deserves and then Sheldon firing back that she was mad at him for enjoying the part of the Valentine Day trip she said he would. Amy realized she was wrong and tried to rationalize her actions while also attempting to verbally calm him down after he sarcastically stared in her eyes. His attempt to show her romance was a waste finally backfired on him when he kissed her. Sheldon's changed voice and real stare into Amy's eyes after the SIK spoke volumes regarding the effect she had on him. Amy could have taken advantage of the moment and kissed back or demanded more, but she accepts what he is able to give, that being his invitation to join him. End of argument!

2) The D&D scene. Amy knows she is the brunt of jokes from her friends because Sheldon is not physically intimate with her. Sheldon is fully aware she has desires, and you can't blame her for throwing out reminders here and there. Although uncomfortable with the subject, Sheldon reassured her their relationship was not a joke and that it was extremely intimate for him. I loved her smile aknowleging that she understood. For his part, Sheldon wanted to comfort her in the only way he could, virtual role-play. I loved the way he grabbed her arm to keep her from leaving his room and her look of confusion over what he was trying to do, but allowing him to take the lead. Again, that voice and the look in his eyes! Wow! It's not sex she wants. It is physical intimacy with Sheldon. We clearly see the reason for the attraction inspite of his idiosyncrasies.

3) In the First Pitch, I enjoyed watching Shamy defending the RA and the solidity of their relationship to Leonard and Penny. The looks Shamy gave each other in the car and Sheldon's reaction to Amy flirting with him about her flag underwear being on fire killed me. Lenny's look of confusion clearly show they don't get it. Sheldon confidently telling Amy to trust him, that she is happy because they got an 8.2 was a testament that he knows his woman and that if Sheldon acted more like Leonard, he would no longer be the man she is falling love with.

What makes these moments my favorite, are that they provide glimpses into why Shamy are in love and so perfect for each other inspite of the ebbs and flows. The fact that Sheldon has chosen this woman to see these personal sides of himself is indeed special, and any form of physical touch from him is a step closer to consumation. First and foremost, Amy is awed that this genius of a man has chosen her to be his girlfriend. She knows he is broken and can be a jerk, but she sees in him what others don't and will defend her beloved "Baboo" at all costs. While these moments aren't manifested in physical sex, they are very intimate for these two and a basis for a solid enduring relationship based on friendship and admiration rather than enamorous love.

Amy is still waiting for her ovaries to grab onto Sheldon and never let go; she wants him so badly. However, the audience gets to see that she is nervous/reluctant on the physical front as well. Sheldon is starting to show signs of sexual tension. They are both inexperienced. The consumation will be awkward, but beautiful. My comfort comes from knowing that when Sheldon finally gives himself to Amy, it will be because he is sure she is the one, it will be with appreciation she waited for him, and he will be comforted knowing she has not been contaminated by any other man.

It's so hard to choose! I agree with the Maria's number 3 choice,

the ILY of course ♡♡♡ and I loved The Fun With Flags scene where Sheldon says, "If you didn't press record..." Then Amy screams, "I PRESSED IT!!!!!!" Comic gold and it had that old married couple feel to it.

Edited by MJistheBOMB

1) The I love you (Of course)

2) The way Sheldon describes all the things Amy loves in The Christmas episode, such a chnage from tangible affection when all he knew is she liked monkeys and the color grey.

3)The bath scecne in Troll b/c just like the fantasy kiss in Romance last year I feel like the writers are trying to gauge the reaction of seeing them in a sexy scnce. Do we like it? Or is it totes weird? I liked it , I really liked it ;):p

Guest StoicPhilosopher

Hi! I'm new! I love the Shamy!

My three favorite scenes:

1. ILY. I MELTED inside. I need to watch that every day.

2. I loved it when they exchanged gifts in Clean Room, and when he listed why he loved her, and the picture frame, and how she says she loves him, and..... Okay,  I loved that entire ep!!

3. I loved all of Amy's fanfic. :)

I hadn't thought about the Taurus/Pisces thing, but that's another little oversight/change. Ah, well, what can you do?

Another reason why the test couldn't be taken by L/P or S/A is that they're already in love. The test would only work with either 2 complete strangers or 2 people who assume it would not work.

L/A started to take it and promptly nixed it. It makes sense to me that S/P would be the ones to take it, and ultimately the questions are used to poke fun at each other, and then to say they feel like siblings, not to show any romance between them.

From reading the TR, I took Penny saying she never pegged Sheldon as a Pisces to be a mistake on her part (intentionally or jokingly??) which was the reason Sheldon told Penny she was making it difficult for him to love her, because she got it wrong.

It hope it will be more clear once the ep airs.

For me

1. ILY at Prom

2. Tie between:

a. Sheldon and Bernadette at the mall when he describes Amy with the faraway look in his eyes. Oh so....perfect.

b. Sheldon giving Amy her Christmas present and the way he looked at her opening the gift and after he tried the cookies.

3. Sheldon's facial expression after Leonard made fun of him by saying he had no hormones. If there was any doubt that Sheldon was opening himself up to intimacy it all ended right there. Sheldon almost five years earlier would have agreed with Leonard.

I just don't think this is "engaging in intimate activities". It's a game. Like truth-or-dare. Sheldon sets out from the beginning of the episode to state how absurd the whole idea is. And I totally agree with him. I have read the NYT article and, I'm sorry, but the author is totally trying to put a scientific spin on nothing more than her own romantic wishful thinking because the original paper of the study (which, btw, I do have right here), says absolutely nothing about falling in love. The title is "The Experimental Generation of Interpersonal Closeness: A Procedure and Some Preliminary Findings". From the abstract, the authors state "Over a 45-min period subject pairs carry out self-disclosure and relationship-building tasks that gradually escalate in intensity. Study 1 found greater post-interaction closeness with these tasks versus comparable small-talk tasks." Nowhere the article states that the test is designed to make people fall in love, it is simply setting out to investigate whether exchanging personal information is more effective than small-talk to increase closeness. Because, you know, social psychology studies kind of love to state the obvious [emoji14] And they do include subjects who are in a relationship in the study. So are we saying that all the people who did take part in the experiment and are in relationships should be condemned and accused of not loving their SO's or feeling more intimacy with a stranger? A scientific experiment would never cross the lines of ethics by putting subjects in a position where they have to carry out really intimate acts with a stranger (like kissing, since you mention it), or it's not a scientific experiment anymore.

I also don't think the writers were set out to portray intimacy between Shenny at all in this episode. Actually, that was the whole point; that if you take two STRANGERS (not two close, intimate friends or lovers) and put them in a context that shares personal information instead of small-talk, they will score higher on a scale of interpersonal closeness. By putting Sheldon and Penny in that situation, the show is putting them in the roles of the strangers. Because it is assumed that two strangers won't know those personal details that the questions are about, whereas two close friends will. If Shenny already had such intimacy, the test would be moot (hence why they couldn't carry it out with their SO's). Also, like I said, Penny jumped at the chance of asking personal questions to Sheldon because normally he does NOT disclose anything. How is this portraying Shenny as having any kind of magical intimacy, I'm not clear? All it says to me is that despite knowing each other for the good part of a decade, Penny knows almost as little about Sheldon's inner persona as a stranger. Which I don't think it's the case though, because I do think Sheldon and Penny are close, like two siblings are, by their own admission in this ep, so they do have a deeper level of closeness than two complete strangers. But not close enough that Penny knows much about Sheldon, really, or about the Sheldon Sheldon likes to keep well hidden away.

I also disagree with the idea that whatever level of intimacy Shenny have indeed developed across the years needs to be erased, as if that helps making their relationship with Leonard and Amy more valid. Leonard and Amy don't have exclusive rights of everything and anything that Sheldon and Penny are, just as Sheldon and Penny don't own Leonard and Amy. I don't see the two as mutually exclusive. I don't need Penny to disappear in a vacuum to feel confident that Sheldon loves Amy on a level he has never loved anyone before. Or rather, in a different way from the way he might have loved before. Actually, if anything, the fact that Sheldon and Penny are capable of having meaningful relationships with each other (or other people), means that being with Leonard and Amy is a choice they make willingly and happily, and not someone they are with just because there's nobody else around. If you had asked me at the end of S6, or the end of last year, when he showed little to no consideration to Amy as a partner, then yes, I would have agreed with you. But Sheldon this season has been a better boyfriend to her than he's been all previous three years combined. There's no doubt in my mind of who really, deeply loves whom, here.

I agree 100%.

Shamy and Lenny lovers need not worry.

Sheldon and Penny have an established sibling-like bond that was formed long before Amy came on the scene. If they were going to fall in love, it would have happened already. They are total opposites. It would never work. Sheldon drives her crazy. He's her wackadoodle friend. She doesn't appreciate the things that are important to him. She doesn't understand him but is intrigued and uses opportunities such as this experiment to gain more pieces to the puzzle that is Sheldon, if only to satisfy her curiosity, promote her own agenda, and/or obtain a means for gossip.

Penny is smart, but not on the same intellectual level as Sheldon. Amy engages and challenges his mind. She loves his eidetic memory and all of his genius. Many of these traits go over Penny's head. Penny's constant confusion iritates Sheldon and just gives him a means to poke fun of or be bored with her. Amy is neat and organized. Penny likes the unkept lifestyle. Sheldon sees Amy as his equal; Penny his inferior.

Amy finds Sheldon intellectually and physically attractive. Penny, not, especially when he opens his mouth. Sheldon would never consider sleeping with a woman who has a history of promiscuity, and she wouldn't endure a relationship without physical intimacy. Amy, on the otherhand, is innocent and willing to give him time to come to grips with his issues. She wants to touch him, but holds back. Penny would force him to accept what she dishes out.

Penny would not put up with Sheldon's idiosyncrasies. Amy picks and chooses her battles, but accepts and loves Sheldon for who he is.

So what gives with Penny and the experiment?

Sheldon loves to talk about himself in a setting that gives him "permission" to do so. If he can negotiate something to benefit him in the interchange, he is front and center. In this case, a ride to GaryCon. Sheldon gives his all to experiments, including honesty, otherwise there is no point in doing them. So he called Penny "Babe"? Doesn't bother me at all. The TR doesn't provide a context as to the tone or mannerisms used with the comment. Even if it was endearing, I don't see it as an insult to Amy at all.

Sheldon trusts Penny because of Leonard's investment in the relationship, as he made him like her. Sheldon feels "safe" with Penny. He has used her many times for relationship advice. He can share his innermost feelings with her to get a female point-of-view because there is no romantic attachment, and he doesn't care what she thinks. He does care what Amy thinks and has been moved to action on behalf of Amy because of Penny's guidance.

Sheldon not so subtley re-declared his love for Amy in front of everyone, and without the need for an experiment, which Sheldon was quick to dismiss as absurd. All involved agreed to the experiment because they were confident of its failure. So, rather than taking this as a Shamy or Lenny breaker, I feel the experiment confirms that the couples are well suited, truly committed, and confident in their relationships.

I am looking forward to what I think will be a fun episode.

I agree 100%.

Sheldon and Penny have an established sibling-like bond that was formed long before Amy came on the scene. If they were going to fall in love, it would have happened already. They are total opposites. It would never work. Sheldon drives her crazy. He's her wackadoodle friend. She doesn't appreciate the things that are important to him. She doesn't understand him but is intrigued and uses opportunities such as this experiment to gain more pieces to the puzzle that is Sheldon, if only to satisfy her curiosity, promote her own agenda, and/or obtain a means for gossip.

Penny is smart, but not on the same intellectual level as Sheldon. Amy engages and challenges his mind. She loves his eidetic memory and all of his genius. Many of these traits go over Penny's head. Penny's constant confusion iritates Sheldon and just gives him a means to poke fun of or be bored with her. Amy is neat and organized. Penny likes the unkept lifestyle. Sheldon sees Amy as his equal; Penny his inferior.

Amy finds Sheldon intellectually and physically attractive. Penny, not, especially when he opens his mouth. Sheldon would never consider sleeping with a woman who has a history of promiscuity, and she wouldn't endure a relationship without physical intimacy. Amy, on the otherhand, is innocent and willing to give him time to come to grips with his issues. She wants to touch him, but holds back. Penny would force him to accept what she dishes out.

Penny would not put up with Sheldon's idiosyncrasies. Amy picks and chooses her battles, but accepts and loves Sheldon for who he is.

Sheldon loves to talk about himself in a setting that gives him "permission" to do so. If he can negotiate something to benefit him in the interchange, he is front and center. In this case, a ride to GaryCon. Sheldon gives his all to experiments, including honesty, otherwise there is no point in doing them. So he called Penny "Babe"? Doesn't bother me at all. The TR doesn't provide a context as to the tone or mannerisms used with the comment. Even if it was endearing, I don't see it as an insult to Amy at all.

Sheldon trusts Penny because of Leonard's investment in the relationship, as he made him like her. Sheldon feels "safe" with Penny. He has used her many times for relationship advice. He can share his innermost feelings with her to get a female point-of-view because there is no romantic attachment, and he doesn't care what she thinks. He does care what Amy thinks and has been moved to action on behalf of Amy because of Penny's guidance.

Sheldon not so subtley re-declared his love for Amy in front of everyone, and without the need for an experiment, which Sheldon was quick to dismiss as absurd. All involved agreed to the experiment because they were confident of its failure. So, rather than taking this as a Shamy or Lenny breaker, I feel the experiment confirms that the couples are well suited, truly committed, and confident in their relationships.

I am looking forward to what I think will be a fun episode.

Well said....!!  I am in complete agreement!

In s7 I described the moment of Sheldon stepping into Amy's body for the train kiss as "erotically intimate"

And even though the bath scene in troll is funny. When Amy is drying Sheldon I think that can be the case again

They are the king and Queen of erotically intimate moments without trying, if that makes sense

The eye coitus they constantly have is blushworthy to a "3rd party"

Edited by rachelshamyfan

I agree 100%.

I am looking forward to what I think will be a fun episode.[/quotea

agreed definitely

Shamy are very fond of human experimentation. I do think its just a part of intimacy among friends and not romantically speaking...

heellooo! I'm back! now at Sheldon's room haha

tumblr_njhlrr3g2J1tgj7wmo1_400.jpg

I love it!

The only reason I didn't include this in my top (3) Shamy moments is because Sheldon's mannerisms are being defined in Amy's imagination. I love that she is able to fill her physical void in this manner, that her fantasies are all about him.

Another fan said it's a mix of Amy's Little House meets Sheldon's Dr. Who. I love that she kept hers and Sheldon's personalities in her rendition of Amelia and Cooper. Even in her story, Cooper is exhausting and hurts her by the things he says. She continues to be intrigued by his knowledge. He is thrilled that he peaks her interest. He acknowledges he needs her, and she is curious for a physical relationship.

Amy has no illusions regarding her relationship with Sheldon. Even in fiction, she doesn't try to turn him into something he is not. Like any woman, she longingly wishes he will change for her, and he has shown that he can. We see Sheldon looking so lovingly at Amy with his eyes all the time. Seeing Cooper do so in the bathtub while watching Amelia sent shivers down my spine.

I can't wait to see the fiction play out in reality. It was nice to see that Penny and Bernie are such Shamy fans.

My top 3 Shamy moments of season 8:

1. The Prom Equivalency-When Amy steps out of Penny's apartment and Sheldon sees her in her prom dress. She took his breath away! The way he said, "thank you" after she told him he was handsome and the look on his face was everything, I loved it.
  2. The First Pitch Insufficiency-When Sheldon ate one of Amy's fries and he refused to have her taste his burger, because it had avocado on it. HE ATE OFF OF HER PLATE! To me that was huge.
  3. The Champagne Reflection-Their entire interaction throughout this episode was gold! Amy was there with Sheldon for the first FWF episode, and there she was again for the last (or so we thought was the last episode). It was so sweet when he thanked her and the look on Amy's face was adorable.

Shamy really has grown so much this season, but still remain their quirky selves. I just love this couple.

Edited by loriparis80