The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rachelshamyfan

[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

OMG! So excited! Thanks, Dana.

How cute is that though? Instead of, "we're having a baby!" it's "we're getting a turtle!" LOL. Adorable.

Someone's been reading FF.net. I swear.  We introduced turtles into the relationship years ago.  :)

Edited by notchinc
  • Like 2

Okay so I am a sucker for casual Shamy physical contact. There were 3 beautiful Shamy contact moments that I saw.

1) In the opening scene, Sheldon grabs Amy's hand and they hold hands while they tell Leonard and Penny that they decided to buy a turtle.

2) At the pet store Amy is holding onto Sheldon's arm helping him get past the terrifying puppy section.

3) After Sheldon asks Amy if she would consider going to Mars with him, Amy walks towards him and gives him a hug. He wraps his arm around her and rests his head on the top of her head tilting his head slightly in a cute way.

Number 3 was my personal favorite, but that is probably because of my obsession with Shamy hugs. lol :giveheart:

so sweeeet  :tender:

it's important that Sheldon wants to know if Amy would go with him on Mars, this means that he begins to imagine his future with her and not with Leonard and Penny! So happy for Amy!!!  :)

• Like 7

Thanks for the info. So, if they had gotten the turtle, would they have put a snail on its back? :p

Such cute interactions! And it seems all the couples are getting a bit of together stuff.

Can't wait to see the full report!

I know that Sheldon has not asked Amy to move in with him, but here we have him asking her to go to Mars with him.  To me that is saying 'will you spend your life with me'.  It is as if he is testing the waters, almost a Sheldon type proposal.  

Yes I know I am clutching at straws, but you never know.

I agree 100% them having this turtle/ Mars storyline is a way of slowly saying he is getting ready for more. A shared pet would mean you expect to spend a lot of time together, share responsibility. Whose house would they have kept the turtle at, either way they expect they will be spending more time at each other's place. I love that they have increased their contact in this episode and here's hoping that towards the seasons end we might get to see more.

• Like 9

Hey.what the hell is happening here? Oh my.. Is it true? Sheldon wants to go to Mars or its just another fan fiction? Im quite thrilled with the idea im laughing out loud.. Really..

Hey.what the hell is happening here? Oh my.. Is it true? Sheldon wants to go to Mars or its just another fan fiction? Im quite thrilled with the idea im laughing out loud.. Really..

He wants to take her to mars and copulate by happily catch her firing eggs with the reproductive sac on his upper flermin.

Edited by Jamie
  • Like 5

Great post, koops! I love the fact that they chose to go for a turtle for the same reason you did. When Shamy commits, it commits hard. "We ain't getting a pet that will live a year or five — we're getting a pet that will probably outlive us both!" [insert "That's love, bitch!" gif here]

I really want the turtle back. Not only would it not be much of a change for the show (seriously, it's a freaking turtle. All it needs is to be seen in the background.), I was also thinking it could have been such a nice and original way to bring these two to living together, as well. Sheldon and Amy would have had shared custody of the turtle, one week at Amy's, one week at Sheldon's, and after a few months/a year, Sheldon would have invited Amy over, and told her how all the trips and the going back and forth was confusing Giuseppe and making him sad, so, really, "wouldn't it be best if we just went ahead and lived together? For Giuseppe's sake, of course." Classic Sheldon denial, and advancing the plot in a funny and quirky way. 

#BringGiueseppeBack2015

I need this yesterday.

#BringGiuseppeBack2015

• Like 5

He wants to take her to mars and copulate by happily catch her firing eggs with the reproductive sac on his upper flermin.

Nope....not for a while. No babies!

http://www.mars-one.com/faq/health-and-ethics/can-the-astronauts-have-children-on-marsttp://www.mars-one.com/faq/health-and-ethics/can-the-astronauts-have-children-on-mars

Edited by Such a Hag

I was also thinking, more comedy with the turtle could be something like... Sheldon leaves for work and says goodbye to Giuseppe in the morning, and when they come back in the evening, the turtle has barely made it halfway across the room. You could have tons of time-jokes with the turtle just being in the background at different distances from things across hours/days. Or them trying to trick the other by moving the turtle so it seems like time has passed faster/slower.

This stuff just writes itself!

Edited by koops
  • Like 9

A turtle also requires little interaction apart from feeding and cleaning its terrarium. It's almost like a fish when it comes to the idea of contact and interaction.

And don't they often carry things like salmonella?

Did they name it Giuseppe like a teenage mutant ninja turtle?

I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble, just wondering about other aspects.

Do they have any dialog that shows how they came to the decision to get the turtle in the first place.

I think they could keep the turtle if they had it live with Amy, especially since under the Roomate Agreement, pets are not allowed in his apartment. Amy could talk about it whenever they wanted, the terrarium could be in the background in her apartment, and now and then they could actually show some interaction with the turtle.

A turtle also requires little interaction apart from feeding and cleaning its terrarium. It's almost like a fish when it comes to the idea of contact and interaction.

And don't they often carry things like salmonella?

Did they name it Giuseppe like a teenage mutant ninja turtle?

I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble, just wondering about other aspects.

Do they have any dialog that shows how they came to the decision to get the turtle in the first place.

I think they could keep the turtle if they had it live with Amy, especially since under the Roomate Agreement, pets are not allowed in his apartment. Amy could talk about it whenever they wanted, the terrarium could be in the background in her apartment, and now and then they could actually show some interaction with the turtle.

No pets. Except when they're Sheldon's (*coughs* 25 cats! *coughs*).

And shame on you, Phanta! There was no TMNT named Giuseppe! :p It's Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo and Rafael. 

Edited by koops
  • Like 6

Okay I am not going to talk details about every scene, but the cold open had my heart pounding so I will share with you that one.

Leonard and Penny walk into the apartment after walking up the stairs and find Sheldon and Amy standing at the island in S&L's apartment. Sheldon says good your home. They both walk towards them and Sheldon puts his hand back to take hers in his. They hold hands in the living room staring at Leonard and Penny. They start saying how they have decided to take their relationship to the next step after much evaluation of their relationship. Penny replies nervously with "okay". Then Sheldon turns to Amy and says "do you want to say it", and Amy says "let's say it together". Then they both say at the same time "we're getting a turtle".

The scene is set up to make you think they are going to say something like coitus, engaged, or something along those lines. But that is just good comedy. :cool:

Squealed out loud... Omg so freakng cute thank you Dana