[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched for the second time already....ahhhh  so full of Shamy love, eye contact, holding hands, baby talk...... this is going to be like must see 100 times episodes rsrs... To bad they did not add a kiss on hall scene..even a quick one, would be F...amazing... 

Still cracking on Marcians babies kkkkkkk

After seeing it, I definitely think this was the writer's attempt to warm the viewers up to the idea of them living together. That's not to say she'll be moving in anytime soon, but I do think a seed was planted tonight. 

My prediction is that Sheldon lives alone over the summer and early S9 (maybe Nov sweeps?) he asks her to move in. 

But AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. THAT HUG THO. I DIED.

Edited by denajeanx

After seeing it, I definitely think this was the writer's attempt to warm the viewers up to the idea of them living together. That's not to say she'll be moving in anytime soon, but I do think a seed was planted tonight.

My prediction is that Sheldon lives alone over the summer and early S9 (maybe Nov sweeps?) he asks her to move in.

But AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. THAT HUG THO. I DIED.

Agree 100% with that timeline. I think the Shamy progress coupled with the upcoming tension with Leonard, the living arrangements might be this season's cliffhanger....she won't move in right away but he will realize he wants her there (ie never wanting her to go home...might start with a sleepover situation)

I do think a make-out situation/interruption is coming too

This episode is now in my top 3 Shamy moments... spittoon, SIK, TURTLE!!! Sorry Prom you dropped to 4th but moved D&D to 5th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The moments when Amy reveals her insecurity and Sheldon really pushes himself to prove how much she means to him are really my favorite. It reminds me so much of Love Spell. Even at the beginning of their fight, when he picked up on how upset she was, you can just watch him shrug off his arrogance, pretty much effortlessly. It's so clear on his face. He just asks her what he can do to cheer her up. He really does hate making her sad, it gives him so much distress because he just can't stand it.

Playing the Star Wars theme with his nose, lol!

He was trying so hard to charm and engage Amy while he was showing her the application video. It was so cute how excited he was to share it with her (probably because he knew she'd find it funny, Amy was was trying so hard not to laugh). He kept grinning at her and nodding/shaking his head in agreement with himself. After the scene where he throws the pie in Leonard's face, Sheldon even has his hand on Amy's shoulder while he was laughing. It wasn't only from pride or amusement with himself, but from the joy he gets from making Amy happy.

He immediately gets upset when it's clear to him that nothing's helping, and Amy affirms that she needs something more when she says "as silly as it sounds, I thought that meant something" (such an important line! I'm so glad she said it). There's no hesitation when he chases after her and even outright says he'll withdraw his application. Wow, just that he'd quickly sacrifice that shows how invaluable her happiness is to him. And when affirming why he wants Amy to come with him to Mars, he doesn't mention anything vaguely scientific, even though expeditions to Mars would be meant for those things. He only says that she wants her to be there with him. He's apprehensive about the environment of Mars but knows that if he has Amy by his side he'll be fine.

Then he turns into a total sweetheart when she hugs him. There was nothing aloof about that hug. It's palpable how much he enjoys it. He doesn't look uncomfortable or unsure at all. He burrows his nose in her hair, and the way he smiles when Amy says "ok". Also, them getting excited over living on Mars together! Gushing about their Martian children! It's so Shamy. Even when he says, "you just can't keep it in your space pants can you?" he doesn't sound agitated in the least. Just casual. It doesn't bother him anymore, or not nearly as much as it used to. Some times I'm so awestruck at how far they've come. It was such an incredible episode. Their future is so clear and I know they will continue to move forward in their own unique way.

I haven't watched the episode yet but that popped up on my fb wall. I didn't watch the video and I don't really care about the article but there is a turtle named Sheldon. I thought you guys might find that amusing (sorry if it's OT).

http://happyplace.someecards.com/animals/this-tortoise-chasing-a-dog-is-a-metaphor-for-something/

Also I cannot wait till I am able to watch the episode! I am already excited by the comments!

The moments when Amy reveals her insecurity and Sheldon really pushes himself to prove how much she means to him are really my favorite. It reminds me so much of Love Spell. Even at the beginning of their fight, when he picked up on how upset she was, you can just watch him shrug off his arrogance, pretty much effortlessly. It's so clear on his face. He just asks her what he can do to cheer her up. He really does hate making her sad, it gives him so much distress because he just can't stand it.

Playing the Star Wars theme with his nose, lol!

He was trying so hard to charm and engage Amy while he was showing her the application video. It was so cute how excited he was to share it with her (probably because he knew she'd find it funny, Amy was was trying so hard not to laugh). He kept grinning at her and nodding/shaking his head in agreement with himself. After the scene where he throws the pie in Leonard's face, Sheldon even has his hand on Amy's shoulder while he was laughing. It wasn't only from pride or amusement with himself, but from the joy he gets from making Amy happy.

He immediately gets upset when it's clear to him that nothing's helping, and Amy affirms that she needs something more when she says "as silly as it sounds, I thought that meant something" (such an important line! I'm so glad she said it). There's no hesitation when he chases after her and even outright says he'll withdraw his application. Wow, just that he'd quickly sacrifice that shows how invaluable her happiness is to him. And when affirming why he wants Amy to come with him to Mars, he doesn't mention anything vaguely scientific, even though expeditions to Mars would be meant for those things. He only says that she wants her to be there with him. He's apprehensive about the environment of Mars but knows that if he has Amy by his side he'll be fine.

Then he turns into a total sweetheart when she hugs him. There was nothing aloof about that hug. It's palpable how much he enjoys it. He doesn't look uncomfortable or unsure at all. He burrows his nose in her hair, and the way he smiles when Amy says "ok". Also, them getting excited over living on Mars together! Gushing about their Martian children! It's so Shamy. Even when he says, "you just can't keep it in your space pants can you?" he doesn't sound agitated in the least. Just casual. It doesn't bother him anymore, or not nearly as much as it used to. Some times I'm so awestruck at how far they've come. It was such an incredible episode. Their future is so clear and I know they will continue to move forward in their own unique way.

I haven't even seen the ep yet (only some gifs, and those were enough already to kill me!) but man I can't even begin to say how much I'm loving the sound of all this.

And, of course, #BringGiuseppeBack2015

Wow that was so great...The way he looked at her at the opening scene,oh my god!!!

This episode really shows how much Sheldon has changed imo...In season 6 or even season 7 he wouldn't even care that Amy was mad and now he was trying to cheer her up with nose singing and ran after her when she left!

No way thery're going to Mars though,not with that application :girlblum:

A bit off topic,Emily IS a serial killer for real,I had a hunch since last season(I even made her a killer in a fanfic I wrote) but now I'm 99% sure...I'm calling it!

Aawwwww Sheldon... That's why I love you...

They're so in love "we care about each other so much, there's even some left for an 8 inch reptile"

That huh was so cute and eh seemed so into it... Now I have to go to class. How am I supposed to pay attention?

And LittleMissPurple, I read that fic! I really liked it!!

Aawwwww Sheldon... That's why I love you...

They're so in love "we care about each other so much, there's even some left for an 8 inch reptile"

That huh was so cute and eh seemed so into it... Now I have to go to class. How am I supposed to pay attention?

And LittleMissPurple, I read that fic! I really liked it!!

Aww thank you!!

I'll be in class all day,I know I will keep daydreaming about Shamy

That was sooooooooooooo sweet! I loved their interaction, it was cute. Talking about their future together... having kids... even if it is on Mars, shows us just how much that train trip changed him.  :maninlove:

and that hug at the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow.

Edited by Kelli

I've just watched it two times.
Awww ! They are so cute ! I love the hug, the way he almost kiss her on her head. It's very tender.
I am very happy we finally see all the behind the seen in one episode (except kiss). Because they must holding their hands, and have a little gestures regularly. Very happy the writers give us all that.

And the subject is important, the future together, even if they already mention it  : financing the comic book store, the relationship agreement which specify the future,...

I especially appreciate the concern Sheldon has for her. He doesn't want her to be upset and tries to understand and makes her change her mood.

Like others said, yes here we really see his change, and his love for her.