[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I grew up with the story of Chicken Little, and his pals, Henny Penny, Goosey Lucy, Foxy Loxy...that's all I can remember, but you know, it was back in the dark ages before the interwebs and cable TV.

I'm ancient...even more ancient than Jim.

Yes, I'm an architect and I think it's professional bias!

And I really love this thread too!

Happy taping day to everyone.

I am studying to be one. I loved how you associated architecture and Shamy!!! Now I think I love both of them just a bit more..

I am anxious about the taping!! Hope everyone you attended had a great time!!! :)

Edited by Cecilia

So NoGav, you're welcome to stay if you have observations on Sheldon, Amy, Shamy, the state of the mythical penis, or whatever. All of those being popular topics around these parts. But for God's sake, say what you mean and mean what you say, these non sequiturs are nothing but maddening bait to those of us bereft of penis, and it saddens our vaginas.

I've thought about this and I respectfully decline. I am too delicate a flower, or too fragile a vessel, to venture in these stormy waters.

I'll stay well away in future. I really don't know what I was thinking. Obviously I was not thinking at all. But for now I'm going with the evidence.

Adieu.

I absolutely loved this taping report, love everything in it, and especially Amy and Sheldon. Even if they weren't in it much as a couple, this Amy to me is so reminiscent of Wildebeest Amy (one of my favorite episodes of hers) and Sheldon is showing a lot of growth, and their interactions in this ep seemed very cute. I loved the exchange at the beginning ("I sense this is awkward, am I right?"), them walking up the stairs exchanging gossips reminded me of that scene in Herb Garden when she was trying to get him to engage in gossip, Amy being all cocky about being popular and her "Hi boyfriend" call . Maybe I'm satisfied with very little, but since one of my priorities was to see Amy as her own sassy character, rather than just a prop for Sheldon's stories, I'm pretty happy with these two. This ep really showed us how they have lives separate from the other but which entertwine through the week here and there, I really liked it. It gives that sense of domesticity that I always like about them in episodes where their relationship isn't the focal point.

Also, Sheldon showing self awareness is always great both for him as a character and for them as a couple. I keep thinking of what Molaro said: there would have been no point in sending him away if he didn't change at all, and the things that matter to her will start mattering to him. Self-awareness is the first step in that direction.

eta: How could I forget, thanks Jiab for the info!

Edited by koops

I absolutely loved this taping report, love everything in it, and especially Amy and Sheldon. Even if they weren't in it much as a couple, this Amy to me is so reminiscent of Wildebeest Amy (one of my favorite episodes of hers) and Sheldon is showing a lot of growth, and their interactions in this ep seemed very cute. I loved the exchange at the beginning ("I sense this is awkward, am I right?"), them walking up the stairs exchanging gossips reminded me of that scene in Herb Garden when she was trying to get him to engage in gossip, Amy being all cocky about being popular and her "Hi boyfriend" call . Maybe I'm satisfied with very little, but so far I'm pretty happy with these two.

I was waiting for your post (do I sound like a stalker yet? :p), koops, and I absolutely agree with you. I'll look forward to this episode; it's not Shamy-heavy, but it's what I want to see when their relationship is not the "star" of the plot, so I'm very happy indeed. Also, Amy was on point this episode and that makes me extra happy.

It just hurts that we'll have to wait two weeks (?) for another taping now, no. :icon_cry:

Thank you Jiab for the report, it's very much appreciated!

Edited by teoriapostmoderna

I'm really enjoying the turn back to having Amy in her lab and the whole s5 girlfriend dynamic! Is it just me or is Amy becoming more than just a background character? I love how the writers seems to have taken Amy back to her "shady moral grey" kind of attitude and given her back her personality. As opposed to the ratings machine of previous seasons.

I just really loved this taping report.  I love this Amy so much.  Not everything is going to be a big mushy Shamy episode, nor should it be.  I love all these little pieces of their relationship.  These little things are the things that remind us why they are together in the first place.  Her comments about Sheldon checking his attitude because he was dating a popular girl now and "Hi boyfriend" are aces.  Can't wait until premier night.  I am happy about the first two taping reports and can't wait to see them play out on screen.