[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

then i saw yours. i had found one with Spanish subtitles and kept watching that one on repeat but yours is better. :) No writing at the bottom to distract me.

thanks!

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

i hope someone makes a cute video of them that includes the hug and lots from this episode and previous ones paired with a song that represents our Shamy and their love. :girlinlove:

Me too. I wish I was talented enough to do that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I'm watching Colonization for the 10th or so time and I noticed something which I think may be foreshadowing.

When Amy decided to leave Sheldon asks why? Then when she actually runs out he chastises himself for not giving her sleepy time tea.....

Um why would he give her that? I needed to say it because my mind went wandering since we know Leonard was at Penny's......

Just my mind going in this direction.

I suggested on one of the other topics that a perfect series ending would be for Shamy to blast off for Mars just as Howard had gone to the space station. I can see all the couples sitting in the living room, but not in Shamy's spots as they watch the event on TV. To me, it would be a far more satisfying ending than just to have them marry in tradititional fashion. I mean, how more fitting a finale for a show devoted to science and science fiction?

Okay I'm watching Colonization for the 10th or so time and I noticed something which I think may be foreshadowing.

When Amy decided to leave Sheldon asks why? Then when she actually runs out he chastises himself for not giving her sleepy time tea.....

Um why would he give her that? I needed to say it because my mind went wandering since we know Leonard was at Penny's......

Just my mind going in this direction.

I wondered that, too.  I have that tea, but only use it when I need to go to sleep.  I can't imagine Sheldon wants Amy to fall asleep driving home?

well, maybe he has that tea on hand for future use... :icon_wink:  or it simply relaxes her enough not to argue with him..... :p 

S: Oh Amy, you shouldn't drive home... it looks as if you are going to fall asleep at the wheel.

A: yes, i do feel rather relaxed, maybe to relaxed to drive. Do you think i could sleep here on the couch? 

S: ( devilish grin) I wouldn't have it any other way. Perhaps, you could sleep in my room...

dun dun dun dun.............. 

( just kidding...Sheldon isn't sly enough to try a move like that..it was fun thinking about it though)

Edited by Kelli

well, maybe he has that tea on hand for future use... :icon_wink: or it simply relaxes her enough not to argue with him..... :p

S: Oh Amy, you shouldn't drive home... it looks as if you are going to fall asleep at the wheel.

A: yes, i do feel rather relaxed, maybe to relaxed to drive. Do you think i could sleep here on the couch?

S: ( devilish grin) I wouldn't have it any other way. Perhaps, you could sleep in my room...

dun dun dun dun..............

( just kidding...Sheldon isn't sly enough to try a move like that..it was fun thinking about it though)

Wishful thinking.

I had heard about the Mars One program back when they first started up a couple of years ago, and they've now narrowed the pool of participants down to 100. To be honest, several reliable sources, including MIT have said that their project is practically impossible: the technology to support that kind of endeavor is not going to be available for a long long time, whereas Mars One claim they're going to send the first people off in a few years, and their proposed budget is a fraction of the budget NASA has for much less ambitious programs. Bottom line is, this seems a lot like a publicity stunt. Having said that, if it weren't for the fact that having Shamy blast off to Mars at the end of the show would be pretty much sci-fi, given the impossibility of this mission in the short term, I do agree with Patsy that I would much rather see that than something more traditional! 

In any case, I kind of hope that they will use the Mars storyline a bit longer because there's tons of stuff they can do with it. When I heard about the fort from the spoilers, and if Shamy are involved with it somehow, I was thinking if maybe they're running some simulations of their Mars expedition in the living room. It would be priceless to see Leonard walk in on them with his classic "WTF" face; that never gets old. They could also use it for some drama later on, say if Amy's application is the one that gets through the first round and not Sheldon's (maybe because she's a biologist and they need more practical people?): Sheldon being envious/hurt/resentful, Amy being torn between science and Sheldon... that would all be very interesting. And anything that gets Shamy to work together on something or share nerdy/sciency interests is a winner in my opinion! They're the only couple on the show who can do that, and they were so excited about it at the end, that I really want to see more of that. 

The first thing my husband (who enjoys the show in general and is not a shipper)said after the episode finished was that he thinks Amy's application will be accepted but not Sheldon's.I had the same thought.

As Koops said I think that would make a very interesting storyline.

The first thing my husband (who enjoys the show in general and is not a shipper)said after the episode finished was that he thinks Amy's application will be accepted but not Sheldon's.I had the same thought.

As Koops said I think that would make a very interesting storyline.

But they said they will do an application as a couple. :)

(although yes they can choose one of the two, but the application is for the couple)

Edited by CentralPerk

I wondered that, too. I have that tea, but only use it when I need to go to sleep. I can't imagine Sheldon wants Amy to fall asleep driving home?

I was wondering the samething, then I came to the conlusion that he simply wanted her to calm down,and sleepy tea has a calming effects, peppermint tea is supposed to calm the stomach.

Edited by boys3allc

I was wondering the samething, then I came to the conlusion that he simply wanted her to calm down,and sleepy tea has a calming effects, peppermint tea is supposed to calm the stomach.

I know logically that's probably what it is but it's more fun to wonder about the other possibilities.  LOL

Oh lordy lordy

Why do I get involved in nonsensical nonsense with non shamies

Because you're a glutton for punishment?

If you just want to torture yourself, you could start shipping a non-canon couple, like Leonard and Bernie.  Here's some inspiration to get you started:

MV5BMjIxODUxMzA3OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjUy

Shamy rah rah rah!  More hugs, more kissing, just more!  (In case I'm accused of being off-topic.)  

Musing moment for the day. I've been rewatching 8x17 for the millionth time (like... who hasn't :p ), and I think another reason why I find it very moving is that it's never been clearer than in this episode how much Sheldon wants to make Amy happy, and how important her happiness is to him. I do believe that he always made an effort to make her happy; behind his apparent complaining and grumbling, he was willing to make concessions to her he wouldn't have made to someone else and it is also clear in the way he has been thinking about working on his issues to give her the intimacy she desires. And in Prom, the way he was ready to embrace all the traditions, despite originally not being too keen on the party, because he knew it was important to Amy was also very endearing. But I go back to this moment now: 

tumblr_nks04h1mJX1ruy5t9o3_250.gif

We just sat through a long video/scene where Sheldon explains why he wants to go to Mars, he made the point of how great it could be as a scientist to make that trip, but when it comes to choosing between making her happy and his Martian ambitions, her happiness is more important and he can give up on the idea of Mars. That's how much he can't stand that she's upset. (And, of course, he misses the point, because that's not what Amy wanted - for him to give up his ambitions, but that's another story).  And then when he realizes that he's succeeded in making her happy:

tumblr_nksqzvJGa81ruy5t9o1_500.gif

That smile! Whereas in the past it was about trying to stop Amy from being angry at him (compare this with the tiara hug), now it's about making her happy because her happiness makes *him* happy. Just compare this with the tiara hug, or the V-day hug from two years ago, where she was overjoyed and he was relieved he was out of danger, but just endured it for her sake. Now he's getting happiness from making someone else happy. Which is really the key ingredient in a successful pair bond. And for someone as self-centered as Sheldon, it's like stepping on the Moon. Or Mars, in this case.

Boldly go, Sheldon...

One thing that jumped out at me was after the hug.

I am reminded of Amy's happiness and smile when Sheldon came home during "The Cooper Extraction".  The smitten kitten tone and smile going up the stairs is nearly the same. Except now so much has progressed  "Sheldon cares for you more than you think"  indeed. 

Mayim just put up a post about the scene!

http://www.kveller.com/mayim-bialik-4-surprising-things-about-the-big-bang-theory-turtle-episode/

Very interesting read. I especially like how it's saying that what they were going for was for Sheldon to be a willing participant in the relationship and to try and find the balance between Sheldon figuring it out and Amy spelling it out. They definitely did a great job all around with it. It's good to have confirmation that they're definitely moving in the direction of it becoming a more balanced relationship where both put their work in and want the same things, as it seemed quite clear this season, instead of that constant pushing and pushing Amy had to do in 6 an 7.