[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

This is my first chance getting to comment on the episode! I loved all of Sheldon's smiling and it's great seeing him so happy, especially considering how grumpy he used to be. Most of how I feel has been captured, but I do have a few stray observations:

1) When Sheldon and Amy were about to announce they were getting a turtle to Leonard and Penny, he asks if she wants to say it. I really thought it was sweet he was going to let her take the spotlight when he was so excited.

2) Not only did the hug last FOREVER, but AMY was the one who let go first! If it was up to Sheldon (and us!), they'd still be hugging right now.

3) I was spoiled, but when Amy backed away from the hug, I seriously thought they were about to kiss. These two have so much chemistry I can't handle it. 

Edited by starsamaria

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made the decision to not pause at all before hugging Jim once it is clear that Sheldon understands and wants Amy as part of his life, because I wanted there to be that sense of how much on the verge of needing him she was. I wanted to convey that her affection and love for him was always just a breath away, and that she was waiting for him to meet her in the middle. 

I might have wept a little at this part. 

Mayim just put up a post about the scene!

http://www.kveller.com/mayim-bialik-4-surprising-things-about-the-big-bang-theory-turtle-episode/

Very interesting read. I especially like how it's saying that what they were going for was for Sheldon to be a willing participant in the relationship and to try and find the balance between Sheldon figuring it out and Amy spelling it out. They definitely did a great job all around with it. It's good to have confirmation that they're definitely moving in the direction of it becoming a more balanced relationship where both put their work in and want the same things, as it seemed quite clear this season, instead of that constant pushing and pushing Amy had to do in 6 an 7.

As if just watching the episode wasn't enough, this blog post just left me with all kinds of feels. Especially her description of her process with the hug. Edited by nickelette424

I made the decision to not pause at all before hugging Jim once it is clear that Sheldon understands and wants Amy as part of his life, because I wanted there to be that sense of how much on the verge of needing him she was. I wanted to convey that her affection and love for him was always just a breath away, and that she was waiting for him to meet her in the middle.

this speaks to me on a spiritual level...

Edited by cityylights

Mayim just put up a post about the scene!

http://www.kveller.com/mayim-bialik-4-surprising-things-about-the-big-bang-theory-turtle-episode/

Very interesting read. I especially like how it's saying that what they were going for was for Sheldon to be a willing participant in the relationship and to try and find the balance between Sheldon figuring it out and Amy spelling it out. They definitely did a great job all around with it. It's good to have confirmation that they're definitely moving in the direction of it becoming a more balanced relationship where both put their work in and want the same things, as it seemed quite clear this season, instead of that constant pushing and pushing Amy had to do in 6 an 7.

Thanks for the link. I am so glad the writer's decided to change the blocking and have Amy leave the apartment and Sheldon chase her. I think it played out much richer than an argument in the living room would have.

Just watched the scene (I'll have to watch the episode in full), and I am provisionally withdrawing my reservations about Sheldon's behaviour. Because that scene was wonderful. There's so much genuine tenderness and bewilderment there from Sheldon, and beautifully-played, very grown-up hurt from Amy. Really lovely.

A note on blocking: I don't know why exactly, but the thing that really, really gets me about the hug is the little movement of Parsons's chin atop Bialik's head as he says 'Why don't we go back to the apartment and fill out your application?' There's just something so- comfortable- about the tenderness that he shows (and that's reflected in his tone as he speaks). This is a man who's not comfortable with physical affection at all, so the ease in his body language there is so wonderful. It's like he always holds people he loves like that.

I'm not making sense, am I? I'll stop. As you were.

Just watched the scene (I'll have to watch the episode in full), and I am provisionally withdrawing my reservations about Sheldon's behaviour. Because that scene was wonderful. There's so much genuine tenderness and bewilderment there from Sheldon, and beautifully-played, very grown-up hurt from Amy. Really lovely.

A note on blocking: I don't know why exactly, but the thing that really, really gets me about the hug is the little movement of Parsons's chin atop Bialik's head as he says 'Why don't we go back to the apartment and fill out your application?' There's just something so- comfortable- about the tenderness that he shows (and that's reflected in his tone as he speaks). This is a man who's not comfortable with physical affection at all, so the ease in his body language there is so wonderful. It's like he always holds people he loves like that.

Oh, you are making sense.  It is that move coupled with his hands during the hug that put me over the edge.

I should be a base-jumper since I have been pushed over the edge so many times this season.  

whooooo-boy

Yes, you are. In reality, there was no need for Sheldon to continue physical contact with Amy while delivering those lines. The fact he did told me lots about his growth and what's been going on off-screen for Shamy this season. I love that he didn't let go of her until she broke the hug.

Yes, you are. In reality, there was no need for Sheldon to continue physical contact with Amy while delivering those lines. The fact he did told me lots about his growth and what's been going on off-screen for Shamy this season. I love that he didn't let go of her until she broke the hug.

All the physical contact was waaaaaay prolonged in this episode. The handholding at the beginning lasted half the cold open (and he initiated it). Then the hug, which, like many have pointed out, was completely comfortable, warm and loving. All I have to say about that is... 'bout damn time! We have heard so much about all this handholding, hugging and kissing going on off-screen that it was getting kind of ridiculous never to see it happen on screen or have Sheldon be a grouch when it did. The way they played it here, to me totally indicates that this kind of stuff goes on quite a bit and that they're quite in the honeymoon stage right now.

All the physical contact was waaaaaay prolonged in this episode. The handholding at the beginning lasted half the cold open (and he initiated it). Then the hug, which, like many have pointed out, was completely comfortable, warm and loving.

I totally agree! And there was this cute little touch at the end when he told her she could throw the pie next time, he didn't have to touch her there, but he looked so comfortable doing it! Just hoo...

Edited by shamour

Here's something small that I don't recall anyone mentioning.  It may not be significant at all but I noticed it.  When they made up, Sheldon suggested they go back to "the" apartment.  Not "my" apartment, not upstairs.  Does he think of them as being so close that she belongs there as much as he does?

That's exactly what I love the most about that storyline. The fact that someone who is so uncomfortable with pretty much everyone found a person to be comfortable around and happy. That's pretty amazing.

Also koops thanks for the link to Mayim ' s post it was wonderful.

AND the fort is still a fort

date night ...fort.....

if only i could write good fan fiction!!! i have soooo many crazy ideas in my head. Let's not forget that they will have been together for five years this May..... maybe we get a little more action to celebrate that occasion... who knows!  :exclamation:

Hi Kelli... I actually wrote a tiny story including a fort and also your idea of putting the pie to good use... it's with hazelra now... perhaps it's really stupid, but if not, then I will post it soon...

But you always have so many great ideas, I would love to read something from you!:-)