[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

I am frankly puzzled by the quasi total absence of Amy recently. Not because I need Shamy scenes per se, but I don't understand why exclude Amy as a character for a whole month. And if the paper won an award, wouldn't the girlfriends be proud too? At least present in the background? After 5 years I would think Amy deserves at least to be a background character in the whole moms feud? Mary asked about her in S5 before they were even dating and yet now that they're so serious Amy doesn't even come up in conversation? (I also have to say, though, S1 was on E4 last night and I had forgotten that the whole Shelnard paper plot had already been done before so... I'm kind of even more bored with it now).

I really loved the Fort episode but I always felt it came too soon (as in, the topic was season finale material) and that possibly because it came too soon, the ending was a bit anticlimactic: building up so nicely to this huge step and instead of showing at least part of the sleepover have Leonard crash the party. I don't feel like that ending did justice to how big a moment it was or to the whole sweet and warm atmosphere of the fort, and I wonder whether they would have wrapped it up differently had it been a season finale.

I have nothing to complain about really where Shamy are concerned, so I'm definitely not turning my back to the show, but as an Amy fan I'm really disappointed with the last three eps because her absence is reminiscent of S4 when she was not a full cast member and I thought we were past that. It would be good to know if something is up with Mayim's private life (hopefully nothing serious) or these are conscious writers choices.

• Like 8

I am assuming Amy will be in the finale but not part of a main plot. It screams heavy Shelnard tension (which moves them on from each other)... But I so wish for something Shamy even a look with so many Shamy fan taping virgins going next Tuesday

Good news most of us expected nothing and that is what we got.

Got so much this season I cannot complain. Heres to a heavily hopefully sexual tension filled season 9 for our ship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

And... this is why I had my expectations in check and I'm glad I did. Ever since I saw the Fort episode and then knowing that Mayim had very little screen time in the next two I suspected that the Fort Episode was actually our ship's finale for this season. It felt like a finale cause it was so monumental for them and it was such a climax to the season. Its too bad they placed it as early as they did cause now it does feel a little anti-climactic in the sense of timing.

And this is just my personal thing, but I am bummed by the lack of Amy (note I say Amy and not Shamy). She always adds something to the comedy of a scene and I'm not gonna lie, her absence from those episodes will detract from my enjoyment a bit. It could be for any number of reasons (writing, story focus, Mayim needing time off etc) and we might never know. But I suspected she might not be in the episode due to how quiet she's been since last week (very unlike her when she's working).

In any event, I honestly think that Fort was our finale guys. And if so, it was a good one. It just feels weird due to the timing of it. I'm hoping Mayim will have some involvement with the finale but I'm not hoping for any significant Shamy cause I think they may be setting up a blow-up with Shelnard and that will take storytelling time to do. But hey, separation of the boys from each other actually works in the favour of Lenny and Shamy so this isn't a bad thing.

The episode sounds funny though. I can't wait to see the Moms go at it with each other :) You knew just from their personalities that they were probably going to come to blows *lol* And hey, Bev hugged Leonard!! She actually hugged him! It sounds funny and I look forward to seeing it in a couple of weeks.

• Like 9

I have this theory.

Have you guys noticed that ever since the Fort Implementation episode, there was hardly any Amy or Shamy interaction? I feel like the guys at tbbt are up to something...

Maybe something happened in that fort... Maybe there's tension between the Shamy... And in the finale, they're gonna reveal...

dun dun DUN!!!

#coitushascome

• Like 6

Ok if we take any nip from last night for our ship we got confirmation that Sheldon did fully go through puberty...and its been a long time since we got confirmation that he was fully functional and aesthetically pleasing..

So he is a real boy...oh sorry MAN....

• Like 3

I would love to believe that but I don't want to get my hopes up at all.

I am sad Amy hasn't had much in the last few episodes even just being in a scene but didn't someone on here say there was no cold open filmed?

Maybe she was supposed to be in that and she had an emergency and they will film it later. That can be the only explanation as to why she wasn't there. She said on IG that she would be off the grid on Friday but I haven't seen much at all of her.

I am sure there will be an explanation as to her absence perhaps in that open. Maybe she has a conference or something and they will show her being really upset she can't come to the presentation with Sheldon. I mean come on she is his girlfriend and she would definitely be there....isn't that in the RA or something....support for winning a Nobel is... I would think that applies to any award.
There is some explanation and maybe it will be in the open that hasn't been filmed yet.

I am already looking ahead to season 9 for more Shamy magic as I think the book closed on season 8 for them.

But hell we got

-he cares what she thinks of him

-he is proud of their relationship

-sees her the same as a wife when consulting her about big financial stuff (cough cough something another couple does not)

-he does find her attractive

-he has urges

-they love each other

-they express the love vocally infront of everyone

-he was willing to change his mars plans for her

-they want to be each others future

-first sleepover

And more continuation of their love with date nights, playing games together, couply banter, kissing (off screen) regularly

I mean holy moly now THAT was crapstorm of romance that came our way!!!

Another thing and this is big I think, Amy is not afraid to tell him when he's wrong or get him to change behavior like on date night in anxiety, she made him leave because he was being impossible, something Amy may not of done before, it shows how confident she is in the relationship

• Like 7

I was watching the tenure episode on season 6 yesterday, and the way he treated her then and how they are now shows how much they evolved as a couple. It was just so awful to watch him being mean to her. I really hope they will not return to a bad place in their relationship, it would really sadden me.

• Like 1

I was watching the tenure episode on season 6 yesterday, and the way he treated her then and how they are now shows how much they evolved as a couple. It was just so awful to watch him being mean to her. I really hope they will not return to a bad place in their relationship, it would really sadden me.

Tenure is one of the hardest episodes because she is so overly supportive and he treats her so painfully bad but 2 years later they are equals and in love so only looking forward from here

• Like 1

I have this theory.

Have you guys noticed that ever since the Fort Implementation episode, there was hardly any Amy or Shamy interaction? I feel like the guys at tbbt are up to something...

Maybe something happened in that fort... Maybe there's tension between the Shamy... And in the finale, they're gonna reveal...

dun dun DUN!!!

#coitushascome

I was actually thinking the same. Oh gosh it will be harder to think that the Shamy is going through something.. oh my.. i'm crossing my fingers it's not what it looks like in that The Fort episode...

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Tenure is one of the hardest episodes because she is so overly supportive and he treats her so painfully bad but 2 years later they are equals and in love so only looking forward from here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Seriously guys STOP WITH THE NEGATIVITY! I don't know why anyone would think that Shamy is in a bad place or that Sheldon would ever regress. Trust me, he won't ever regress. They are in such a good place right now and we've been given so much this season. Can we not focus on that and be grateful? There is so much more exciting stuff to come for Shamy and I'm good with that being next season etc. I love Shamy but I also want to see the other dynamics on the show focused on with the same love and attention. I am beyond good with this season and because of that I am totally on board with spreading the love and attention to the rest of the ensemble cast.

• Like 8

Sorry if I sounded negative about it, I didn't mean that. I'm really happy with their relationship now, it just was so weird to watch old episodes and remember they had ever been like that.

Sorry, that wasn't necessarily directed at you but just in general. There is a theme of speculative doom and gloom right now just cause Shamy hasn't had scenes since Fort and it just baffles me. There is no tension between them, at all. In fact both of them looked certifiable in how happy they were to be taking that step in Fort. The writers are just focusing their storytelling to the others. There is no conspiracy or tension nor any reason to be worried for our ship. They are in an extremely good place right now. The fact that the writers are comfortable focusing elsewhere indicates they are happy with where the relationship is right now. Edited by CaffeineBuzz
  • Like 4

I honestly do not think there is any sudden Shamy drama to come in the finale just because they didn't get scenes together. It happens all the time that after a big couple ep, the two are kept separate for a while. Not every ep needs to be a constant reminder of relationship stuff. And the writers have been so consistent in moving them forward this year that it would make no sense to suddenly pull the plug at the very end.

I actually don't think there's a Shelnard meltdown coming either. I think that they have been setting up a lot of Shelnard to allow them to part ways (soon) in a good way and not in a "thank cod I'm getting rid of Sheldon after avoiding him for two years" way. I do want them to feel bittersweet when they part ways, and to miss each other a bit, and I think they are using the paper in a way to keep them joined regardless of what will happen with the apartment.

Having said that, my disappointment atm is as an Amy fan, most definitely not as a Shamy or Sheldon fan. As a Shamy fan, I'm mostly bummed with the timing of Fort, but extremely satisfied overall.

Edited by koops
  • Like 7

Guys, my plane is about to board so have to make this quick. They didn't show the award ceremony it's just the moms are in town for it. I presume that, absolutely, Amy went to the ceremony. This episode about the moms conflicting, some Sheldon and Leonard conflict.

• Like 8