[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

Phanta why you hurting me like this please love yourself and love us too. 

All I'm saying is last year they teased us with a fake kiss and we got one (and a second one later on). This year they teased us with a fake "I want to have coitus with Amy" sooo y'know we're ready for the real deal. 

tumblr_inline_nipcmjIayB1s5h2dp.gif

• Like 6

What worries me, or at least gives me pause, is that it says Sheldon deals with changes. Not Sheldon and Amy deal with changes. So that makes me think it's not going to be anything like sex or asking her to move in.

With the lack of Amy in the past three episodes taped, I just hope she's actually involved in the storyline. I'm just going to go in with very very low expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say the lack of Amy in the episodes after the sleepover is one of the reasons I'm not getting excited about this - that to me suggests it didn't go well, at least for her. There's a also good possibility she won't be in the finale either, so Sheldon dealing with dramatic changes in their relationship does not sound good to me either.

I have to say the lack of Amy in the episodes after the sleepover is one of the reasons I'm not getting excited about this - that to me suggests it didn't go well, at least for her. There's a also good possibility she won't be in the finale either, so Sheldon dealing with dramatic changes in their relationship does not sound good to me either.

Amy going to be in next episode. Mayim been in all of them since. She hasn't many scenes because whatever  going on in real life not because of Sheldon and Amy. 

Since this is the season finale I think Maim will be there this week. 

I don't think the Amy-light episodes that followed Fortification have anything to do with that episode.  If the writers were trying to imply that something went wrong in the fort that night, they would have had it come up already.

The point of the fort was pretty much only for that episode.  I mean, it was a big step in their relationship, but it was a mutually agreed upon G-rated step.  And since it hasn't been brought up at all in the subsequent episodes, I don't think it was intended as an ongoing theme.

They may reference it at some point, but I don't think so.  If they meant for there to have been "developments" during that sleepover, they wouldn't have made a point of talking about it being G-rated and S/A would not have invited Leonard to join them.

It wasn't a make-out tent.

If there was supposed to be some problem that Amy had that was keeping her away from SHeldon, they would have pointed that out somehow, made a point of having her say something about it, etc..

Just like in Colonization Application, if there's an issue, it gets talked about because that's where the story is.  If Amy had had some kind of problem in the fort (and what problem could she have had--she suggested the sleepover and she got it), they wouldn't leave that off as an off-screen development.

Whatever the "dramatic developments" might be, Mayim/Amy will be in the finale.

• Like 3

I just read CBS spoiler. WTF ?!! Really, again a "dramatic" thing in their relationship ?!!

I hope it will turn good. I'm nervous.

Dramatic can be both positive or negative right?

Just checking because in French, it implies negativity 99% of the time.

Oh yes, I agree. That explains I'm upset. I hope it will be they move together.

• Like 2

Dramatic can be positive or negative...it just means a big change in this case.   It doesn't necessarily mean it involves any negative stuff...but for Sheldon there are lots of big steps ahead and those are dramatic changes for him...and for Amy because even though she talks she is ready, she may not really be as ready as she thinks.   So yes...very likely positive stuff.

ETA:  One more thing...the title I think implies that it is positive as well and not a negative.   "The Commitment Determination"....to me it seems it means that Sheldon is finally responding to the psychic's words from S7.....committing to Amy in some fashion.....what is what remains to be seen.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 7

I don't think that is necessarily the case, there have been plenty of times when they haven't followed up on important moments in the next episode and there is nothing to indicate that it didn't go well, Sheldon seemed to be in a very good mood in the last episode inviting Penny in to chat and so forth  - and unless there really is something going on in Mayim's personal life, I don't think there is any way Amy won't be in the finale.

Dramatic can be both positive or negative right?

Just checking because in French, it implies negativity 99% of the time.

I think dramatic just means big, and with Sheldon, even little steps forward are big when it comes to his relationship with Amy - he is doing everything for the first time.

Edited by luke

Omfg guys I I am at work then I come home to this!!! *faints* I really really don't want to get my hopes up.... This changes could be bad! But they could be good!!!! (Part of me this whole season had the unvoiced thought they would get engaged, but with the lack of Amy they could break up... Is it Tuesday yet) at least we know Amy will be there!

• Like 2

Ok, I almost had a heart attack when I saw that in 2 hours this topic gained like 10 pages... And I definitely had one when I read it! OMG! I guess that was the inspiration that was missing for me to continue my fanfics!

OMG! I won't survive until next Tuesday!

Oh well, the final scene could be: Sheldon follows Amy to her room while removing his jaCKET!

Edited by karyshamy
  • Like 4

That's what I think.

but why would they break up or something i don't understand

Dramatic could mean with a lot of emotion, right?

yes yes it could be i mean i hope so..

• Like 1

Dramatic could mean that someone's finally getting his pubescent urges...

I like this thought.

Dramatic could mean anything in Sheldon's world....he doesn't like when they change anything so it could be little but huge for Sheldon.

• Like 4

Sheldon deals with dramatic changes ....  as they've been dealing with things together, this makes thing that he's having to deal with it on his own, which makes me think Amy's not going to be in it. 

If it was something bad, Sheldon wouldn't be pushing for Lenny to set a date, he would be holding on to Leonard even tighter, I think it is that Sheldon feels it is time to shake up the Lenny/Shamy dynamic, which would be a very dramatic moment for him.

• Like 4

Why would they just break up out of nowhere? Ya'll are paranoid.

Completely agree 1000% (yes I know there's a 3rd 0).

Y'all need to calm the f**k down!!

Nervous Nellie's. Worse than a first time father who's pacing the halls of a hospital.

• Like 5