[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

I think by the end of the season the apartment situation will be solved.  Whether its her moving in or not, might be the finale cliffhanger...  I could see maybe a couple of episodes leading towards this. 

I truely think that while she wants to move in as roomate, he sees her moving in as developing a more intimate relationship.  He even says that line about her wanting to live with him just to see his bathing suit parts.  He probably does not see them in seperate rooms.  In some ways, he is much more mature on this subject, she is more in dreamland about it. 

I think the key to hapiness and key to the apartment kinda go hand and hand. 

• Like 6

I might be wrong to say that this episode was Sheldon-centric. I did find every Amy scene very funny. I will change my statement to this was Sheldon/Amy episode but not so much Shamy :p.

• Like 6

As a Shamy shipper, most of all, I want both Amy and Sheldon happy.  Whatever that looks like for them!! 

I think it is quite possible to be intimate without it involving coitus.  As a matter of opinion, I think when ILY are exchanged this could be an even bigger deal because Sheldon dismisses the idea of romantic love (I seemed to think he thought he was above it for lack of a better explanation) and I am pretty certain he categorizes in love as as a hippy dippy emotion. 

• Like 8

As a Shamy shipper, most of all, I want both Amy and Sheldon happy.  Whatever that looks like for them!! 

I think it is quite possible to be intimate without it involving coitus.  As a matter of opinion, I think when ILY are exchanged this could be an even bigger deal because Sheldon dismisses the idea of romantic love (I seemed to think he thought he was above it for lack of a better explanation) and I am pretty certain he categorizes in love as as a hippy dippy emotion.

As did Amy before she met Sheldon, she thought romantic love brought no value to human relationships and it was the most pragmatic thing Sheldon had ever heard. I think people dismiss how much Amy has changed throughout the years. This love stuff is just as new for her as it is for him, as much as she seems to be (and I hate it when people say this) pushing him for intimacy now she was not always like that. In fact in the Herb Garden Germination when Sheldon says that he is enjoying pretended to have coitus with her she responds slow down I am not quite there yet.

• Like 3

Spoilers from the media are not that exciting for me anymore.  80% of the time their source is this forum (I hang with the cool kids!!)  Direct interviews with producers and stars get my motor running more.

Edited by notchinc
  • Like 4

Spoilers from the media are not that exciting for me anymore.  80% their source is this forum (I hang with the cool kids!!)  Direct interviews with producers and stars get my motor running more.

so we're the popular crowd HUH!!! I feel so honored!!  Like I've earned my tiara!!

• Like 4

I also always think back on the Spoiler Alert episode that it was odd timing. They had just become boyfriend and girlfriend and giving the slow pace that took why would Amy think he would be anywhere near ready to live together? Too me it was just way too early to have that episode ,unless they were preparing veiwers for the inevitable fact that they planned on having them live together. Kind of throwing the fact out there so it would not seem so OOC when it happened.

I also always think back on the Spoiler Alert episode that it was odd timing. They had just become boyfriend and girlfriend and giving the slow pace that took why would Amy think he would be anywhere near ready to live together? Too me it was just way too early to have that episode ,unless they were preparing veiwers for the inevitable fact that they planned on having them live together. Kind of throwing the fact out there so it would not seem so OOC when it happened.

Actually, they became BF/GF on 5:10 (flamming spittoon) and she tried to move in on 6:15, over a year later.

• Like 1

I do wonder, though. We get irritated by the timing at which Amy brings up certain topics, like that living together one, when everyone knows she's just insane mentioning that at that stage in the game. But maybe the fact that she does bring them up like she does is meant to be taken simply as a sign that she is indeed just immature and wobbling her way through things? Maybe it is part of her "weirdo" streak and social-stuntedness? Just like the had decided Penny was her best friend after meeting her twice, or she decided Leonard had fallen in love with her overnight, or how she made Penny that huge horrendous painting to prove her friendship. Yet another thing she has in common with Sheldon, not having middle-grounds.

Oh, I think it's pretty consistent, actually, with her inexperience and her immature notions of romance and intimacy. If I do this, then success will result- success being defined, in this case, by some conventional marker of progress in the relationship. It's pretty much all of a piece.

It's still maddening to watch.

I don't know that Spoiler Alert was meant to really show anything about her immaturity when it comes to moving in and all that.

I think it was perhaps meant to sort of plant the seeds of what may happen (especially for Leonard and Penny) in terms of things evolving.  I think I remember there being some discussion about that episode being possibly something of a reaction to fan expectations.  I think that ever since Leonard and Penny finally got back together that there was fan talk along the lines of "why aren't they living together yet?"

So this was sort of an answer to that--Penny wasn't ready, despite Leonard's logical argument, and Sheldon wasn't ready, either, despite Amy's logical argument.

And it was dang funny.

• Like 3

Actually, they became BF/GF on 5:10 (flamming spittoon) and she tried to move in on 6:15, over a year later.

I did not mean chronologically in terms of episodes just became bf/gf. I meant that given it took over a year for him not to say "she is not my girlfriend" and admit she was. At that point they barely held hands, why it just seemed odd to have that episode then. Although as much as I love my girl Amy she can be cray-cray sometimes but that just makes you love her more.

I did not mean chronologically in terms of episodes just became bf/gf. I meant that given it took over a year for him not to say "she is not my girlfriend" and admit she was. At that point they barely held hands, why it just seemed odd to have that episode then. Although as much as I love my girl Amy she can be cray-cray sometimes but that just makes you love her more.

I think she just saw an opportunity and couldn't resist the idea.

I might be wrong to say that this episode was Sheldon-centric. I did find every Amy scene very funny. I will change my statement to this was Sheldon/Amy episode but not so much Shamy :p.

from your taping report, i got Amy/ Howard as a main focus... but you were there, i guess you know better.

Yes, they always tend to sort of beat an idea over our heads before making it actually happen. The very fact that them living together has been brought up so much over the past two seasons makes me think it will eventually become a reality.

and Sheldon has brought up the word "sex" on many occasions (and role played). if your theory is correct, then we will also have coitus soon enough  ;)

• Like 3

I don't know that Spoiler Alert was meant to really show anything about her immaturity when it comes to moving in and all that.

I think it was perhaps meant to sort of plant the seeds of what may happen (especially for Leonard and Penny) in terms of things evolving.  I think I remember there being some discussion about that episode being possibly something of a reaction to fan expectations.  I think that ever since Leonard and Penny finally got back together that there was fan talk along the lines of "why aren't they living together yet?"

So this was sort of an answer to that--Penny wasn't ready, despite Leonard's logical argument, and Sheldon wasn't ready, either, despite Amy's logical argument.

And it was dang funny.

I don't know, I don't think I agree. There have been plenty of occasions where Amy showed a complete unawareness of the context or situation, both in her relationship with Sheldon and her friendships with others, often overestimating the pace at which the relationship was moving. It's obvious to me in many aspects of the way Amy relates to people, not just Sheldon. But in the case of Sheldon, for example, the jokes about her often revolves around her making outlandish statements about stuff that she and Sheldon are nowhere near ready for (often sex, but living together is the other big one). Her lack of awareness regarding some social cues and "reading the situation" is a pretty consistent trait of her characterization. 

I am sure that there was more than one reason in 6x15 to introduce that plot, and I do agree that it was there to plant the seeds of changes to come in the future, but I also look at it in terms of the wider picture when it comes to who Amy is as a person and I think it is consistent with that. It's not just about this specific episode to me, it's about how she's behaved pretty much ever since she met Penny and Bernadette and began her "this is awesome!" phase. She jumps before she thinks sometimes. And Sheldon thinks WAY too much before he jumps. 

• Like 8

I think she just saw an opportunity and couldn't resist the idea.

I think this was the case, as well. However, I also believe it does tie into her lack of knowledge and experience in making life changes; both big and small.

I feel as though she saw that idea and jumped at it, thinking it would be great and "I get to live with my boyfriend, yay" (very teenage mentality, imo). She didn't weigh the potential consequences of jumping into something that they aren't ready for.

I have a feeling it will be brought up again this season. As said on another thread, probably towards the very end of the season. Hopefully, they will both be in place, mentally, where they can handle that.

Edited by denajeanx

I don't know, I don't think I agree. There have been plenty of occasions where Amy showed a complete unawareness of the context or situation, both in her relationship with Sheldon and her friendships with others, often overestimating the pace at which the relationship was moving. It's obvious to me in many aspects of the way Amy relates to people, not just Sheldon. But in the case of Sheldon, for example, the jokes about her often revolves around her making outlandish statements about stuff that she and Sheldon are nowhere near ready for (often sex, but living together is the other big one). Her lack of awareness regarding some social cues and "reading the situation" is a pretty consistent trait of her characterization. 

I am sure that there was more than one reason in 6x15 to introduce that plot, and I do agree that it was there to plant the seeds of changes to come in the future, but I also look at it in terms of the wider picture when it comes to who Amy is as a person and I think it is consistent with that. It's not just about this specific episode to me, it's about how she's behaved pretty much ever since she met Penny and Bernadette and began her "this is awesome!" phase. She jumps before she thinks sometimes. And Sheldon thinks WAY too much before he jumps. 

Agree.