[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

I can almost see Sheldon pulling a ring out. Whether that a Promise Ring (like Eric bought Donna on That '70s Show which caused a bad breakup between them) or a actual engagement Ring who knows? 

I do see a lot of character growth next season for all the Characters inducing some big milestones for Sheldon and Amy. As someone said earlier the Clock is Ticking on the Series. They only have 48 episodes left The Writers know they are running out of time. 

Yes Season 11 is left open to a possibility and some of the cast have said they wouldn't mind if went 12 Seasons but for the moment there is Two Seasons left and by next year they could change their mind about continuing on after season 10. 

If season 10 is the last could there be Two weddings in season 9? With Three Married couples for season 10? that could be interesting. 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 4

I am sorry, but no, I would hate it if they glossed over such a big event like that. Also Amy is not as big of a drinker as the other two she just felt like tea ya'll.... Additional they are both big fans of preparedness he would have pulled out that condom that has been in his wallet since prom.

Ok I agree... but if he carries it in his wallet in his trousers all the time, couldn't it have gotten brittle? And then we would be back to Amy drinking tea again;-)

• Like 1

So much for going unspoiled for the finale... my fb inbox blew up about 24 hours ago with the cbs finale plug.

As a Gilmore Girls fan, I don't put anything past the writers of my other favorite shows any more. That being said, I think that the tumbler tea theory is the stuff of fanfiction. The fort sleepover was completely innocent, both on screen and off. I think that the most likely scenario is that Sheldon has reached pon farr and has a conflict between his urges and his upbringing, which results in him being his typical pain in the ass self and demanding that Lenny s**t or get off the pot as far as the engagement goes.

Eta: part of my post didn't make it to the wall. I think that Sheldon is demanding a set Lenny wedding date because part of him is still afraid/overwhelmed by all of the changes but in the past year, he has seen what happiness/ his future with Amy can look like. To whomever commented that this is Schrodinger's episode, that was brilliant.

post-17752-0-07759700-1429381912_thumb.j

Edited by gohawks12

To me there is no indication that Sheldon and Amy are getting engaged, they haven't even kissed in over a year also if he was going to propose don't you think Amy would've had some interaction with his mom when she was in town?  Just don't want y'all to get your hopes up.  Her absence in the episodes before this has to mean something, I think its a hint of things to come.

• Like 1

I've had time to think about it, and here is how I'd like things to go:

• finale: Sheldon pushes Lenny to get married and Leonard to move out. Lenny think he has an ulterior motive, but he won't tell them what. At the end of the episode, after Lenny have given in, Sheldon tells Amy he is ready for going further than G-rated physical affection. The reason he "kicked Leonard out" was that he wants their intimacy experiments to take place in his home (so, not Amy's flat) but he would be uncomfortable doing sexual things with her with Leonard in the next room. Amy isn't moving in.

• beginning of S9: Shamy trying out things. There's a three months gap since he offered because summer hiatus, so when we see them in September, they're already past the chaste stuff, and have already reached second base, etc. The premiere could actually be Lenny telling Raj/Howard/Bernadette that Amy has been over a lot and that Shamy is real secretive. They all try to find out what Shamy's been doing, but Shamy deceive them and lead them to believe nothing important is happening. Could also have the gang almost walking in on them a few times in other episodes. We see Shamy exchange logs and analyze what they're doing in the bedroom, etc. Amy is slowly moving in without any of them realizing, one cardigan she leaves at Sheldon's "just in case" at a time.

• 200th episode (which should be 9x15 I think???): Amy realizes she hasn't been back to Glendale for over a month and is wondering if Sheldon and her are living together now. When she asks Sheldon, he realizes she's right, and both agree to make it official. That night is also the first time they go all the way.

This is not a theory as much as it is what I'd like to see. It's unlikely I'll get it all but a girl can dream.

• Like 9

I don't see a Shamy breakup coming. No way. But I could see Amy being offered a job somewhere other than California. Of course, she wont take said job, but it will be discussed with Sheldon. And he will have to consider her importance in his life.

And for the record, I'm on board with a Shamy baby, but at the end of the series. I don't want any kids with lines or anything on this show ever.

• Like 2

To me there is no indication that Sheldon and Amy are getting engaged, they haven't even kissed in over a year also if he was going to propose don't you think Amy would've had some interaction with his mom when she was in town? Just don't want y'all to get your hopes up. Her absence in the episodes before this has to mean something, I think its a hint of things to come.

Once again the lack of appearances have to do with Mayim personal Life Not because of the writers planning to break them up . Doesn't mean anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 1

I'm not going to argue with you because that would be pointless people are going to  ship who there going to ship and they have the right to.  My point was that the dramatic change may not be good, it good be be bad.  We shall see soon enough.

To me there is no indication that Sheldon and Amy are getting engaged, they haven't even kissed in over a year also if he was going to propose don't you think Amy would've had some interaction with his mom when she was in town? Just don't want y'all to get your hopes up. Her absence in the episodes before this has to mean something, I think its a hint of things to come.

We know they've been kissing "off screen" and there is the missing cold open from last weeks taping....

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 1

I'm not going to argue with you because that would be pointless people are going to  ship who there going to ship and they have the right to.  My point was that the dramatic change may not be good, it good be be bad.  We shall see soon enough.

Sorry but posting something, you know majority of people here will not agree with and refuse  discuss/argue on the topic, that seems pointless to me just as same. No one said your ship is wrong or whatever, or just that your post can be affected by your own preferences, which is just an observation, not questioning your right to ship what you do. You're saying dramatic change may be good or bad, So I think it will be good because - they love each other, thinking about family together, sharing physical intimacy with each other, are defending themselves - seeing themselves as the best couple, helping other with work, are sharing their hobbies, time, thoughts, worries, happy moments together, etc... Those are my observations on which I'm building my opinion, that the change will be positive. If you have a clues that could imply the change will be negative, or there is break up possible, that I'm open to discuss your points as an adult.  

You gave example -Mayim's absence - there my view is like this - she's just supporting actress, she can be on spotlight very often and she was more than enough this season, there are other cast members that needs their time on screen, and Amy always was in a background for a few episodes after big Shamy ep. That's why I don't see anything different in it. 

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with speculation about whether the "dramatic" changes could be negative changes, but it would be nice to have it backed up by something? :p Of course everything is possible. But I think speculation should also be based on evidence as to where things might be going based on what we have seen so far. Or it could be that Amy gets bitten by a monkey at work and turns into a zombie and kicks off a pandemic, for all that we know, and Sheldon has to deal with the dramatic change of having a zombie girlfriend! I have honestly been trying to think about what the negative changes might be, but I honestly can't see much build up at all towards anything of the sort. The only thing I can think of, like I said, it's something sudden and unpredictable that comes out of the blue, like a job offer (or maybe Amy's application to Mars is the one that gets through the first round?!), or something along those lines, because the two have been too consistently happy all season long, and overcome many major obstacles already, for it to be something that's not sudden and out of their control.

But saying that something bad is coming because Shamy haven't been kissing ON SCREEN is ridiculous. Howard and Bernadette haven't kissed all year either, and the other two couples had one kiss each. Is everyone on the verge of breaking up? OMC!!! LOL :p We know the couples have their off-screen time for this kind of stuff. And this is particularly absurd considering that Shamy are the one couple out of the four whose main foundation is not physical intimacy. 

• Like 8

Shelpen, this topic is a ship zone, it is for supportive comments and discussion about the couple and the individuals in it.   You can ship Sheldon  and Penny in the Sheldon and Penny thread or make  non-supportive comments of Sheldon and Amy in the Season 8 discussion thread

• Like 2

In about 72 hours all kinds of crazy will break loose in this thread.....

If any of those going to the taping are willing to provide us with info. (I'm on hands and knees begging :give_rose:  :girlwink: .... I'm hoping at least a brief summary :wink:

Edited by tbbtluv

Oooohhhh … kazzie' extra good at spoilers! :) looking forward to the chat room

• Like 2

LUNAR EXCITATION IS ON TBS!!!!

Yeppers!! Watching it... Where it all began!! Still makes me warm and fuzzy. We have really see a couple who grew to fall in love and while doing so grew up together. Their love story is so unique and special!!!

• Like 5

If any of those going to the taping are willing to provide us with info. (I'm on hands and knees begging :give_rose::girlwink: .... I'm hoping at least a brief summary :wink:)

if no one else does it I'll do a taping report. I have to drive back to work first. Other people will also visit the chat room right after the show.
  • Like 3

No, you wouldn't be banned from here. We are a unofficial site. What MT is talking about is that the producers(Steve, Bill, and Chuck) Intended Faisal to be a one line, one mention joke. The name has caught on in the fandom and they have gotten asked about it many times. To the point where they said Faisal is not being brought up again.

Oooh! I see. OK. I feel better now :)

Yet now, I'm back to freaking out about the episode. It's gonna be a looooong half of the week.

Sorry forgot earlier but welcome!

Thank you!!!
Edited by Miss Starfire