The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rachelshamyfan

[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

I just let the make out session sink in my head!

HOLY CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!! THAT'S GONNA BE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Here I am thinking the taping is still going on and then I come in here to this. DEAD.

• Like 5

Good news Shamy kiss.

Bad news Amy needs to step back from the relationship.

Good news Sheldon had an engagement ring in his desk drawer.

Bad news he doesn't know what do with it.

• Like 1

well, yeah. there's only two seasons left. they need to start wrap things up in their relationship

I hope next seasons' 200th episode is a big change for them, if they haven't moved in together by then, then it should be the 200th. It cant be delayed any longer.

Is Amy in the cold open for 8.23? Surely even if she isn't present, the cold open has to do with Sheldon talking to Mary about Amy at least.

Edited by wonder63

One part of me is like, OMG yay they made out and Sheldon has a ring, but the other part of me is like, it's going to be a long hiatus. A break huh...season 9 cannot come soon enough.

• Like 3

My first impression, but I'll wait on more details, is that they went for shock value more than anything that made sense. They came on the tail of their happiest year together and then suddenly Amy wants to break up *while* they are making out?!? So they make progress on all fronts and now she suddenly needs space in the tag of all things?! This to me is like Status Quo all over again, a cliffhanger they might not even be able to follow up on properly and that makes very little sense given what we have seen all season. Forgive me for not being that excited over a make out scene. Blah.

• Like 4

Yeah I also think they went for the shock value. Because the make out is great and all but Amy needing "space" doesn't really make much sense. I wonder what the exact reason is. As Marina said I could believe that she may be scared about physical stuff cause that has yet to happen. She was the one to talk about living together and family etc. I just can't think what made her wanna take a break. Thanks for the info!!! Hopefully when we know more it'll make more sense.

• Like 2

Tonight's taping in a nutshell:

Big Shamy kiss. Sheldon interrupts to ask if he should start watching The Flash. Amy gets upset.

Raj questions Howard and Bernie if Emily wanting to have sex in a cemetery is creepy. They doubt he could break up with her.

Howard and Bernie want to kick Stuart out, but feel guilty.

Sheldon and Lenny talk about why Amy is mad. Penny says it's because Sheldon is wrong. The topic comes up about them not having a wedding date yet. Sheldon drops it but Lenny still sensitive. Leonard says it doesn't matter if they got married tomorrow or years from now. Penny says Vegas is close and she's free tonight. They kiss.

Raj and Emily are in cemetery. It sounds like he is breaking up with her, but instead declared his love for her. They kiss.

Lenny leave for Vegas. In the car they talk about knowing each other well and not having any regrets. Leonard pipes up that he kissed a girl on the boat on Hawking trip. Penny not happy, but they continue on to Vegas.

Sheldon Skypes Amy and wants to talk about relationship. Amy says she needs to take a step back. Sheldon quietly says OK. The call ends. He asks the Gollum figurine on his desk advice because he knows about rings. He pulls a ring out of his desk drawer and asks Gollum what to do with it.

Edited by madamocho
  • Like 8

This episode is so heartbreaking :-(

I disagree. This will all work out in the end and I see only good coming from this!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I disagree. This will all work out in the end and I see only good coming from this!!

Oh, I totally agree. I just don't like to see Sheldon and/or Amy so lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please excuse my momemtary temper tamtrum...

Why...why a break...ugh, I just don't get it. Everything was going great. I get it's not a break up, just Amy needing some space, which she's entitled, but why now?

Tantrum over...back to positive thinking. This break will help their relationship and make them stronger than ever.

• Like 1

It's just... mindblowing to me! This woman was talking about going to Mars with him and colonizing the planet with their offspring, reads him like a book and all and SUDDENLY she gets upset that she invested so much time in the relationship because he says something stupid WHILE THEY'RE MAKING OUT?! I mean, in S6, or even last year, I could have totally bought Amy deciding she needed a break to think. I actually thought that was much more believable, given the flow of the seasons, than, say, the D&D episode we got out of nowhere. But this year??? And don't get me started about the Lenny story, coming up with something from two years ago that didn't even happen to create some gratuitous drama when they could have made things more interesting by, I don't know, using the plotline THEY ALREADY HAD?!

Word. Nothing here makes sense. Sheldon has been an exemplary boyfriend all season, he has literally done nothing wrong, and the couple of times he upset Amy he always apologized. This scenario would have made sense last season or the one before. Now it's just drama for the sake of drama, and it's absolutely terrible writing.

• Like 6

Clearly it's something deeper than Sheldon mentioning The Flash.. That's what we can use our imaginations for until next season when we get the answer.

Was them making out making her realize that she would be scared if it went any further as of right now?

Was Sheldon mentioning The Flash reminding her of all the times he's done something like that and she's realizing it's a quality she just doesn't like and doesn't know if she could live with that forever?

I don't effing know but I can't wait to find out. LOL.

• Like 5

I think something that bothered me the most within this one is that Sheldon was constantly blaming Amy or something along the lines of that.  

And yeah I agree, since it's a sitcom... most likely it will be the happy ending that we will get.

Edited by snow*flower

Okay, I think the writers really needed to create a HUGE cliffhanger with Lenny and Shamy. 

To be honest, I don't really care about Lenny, but it gets me mad that they made Leonard kiss someone else, I thought they were finally going to pick a date for their wedding and now this??? Come on!

As for Shamy. I think they needed to change the roles for them, Sheldon wanting more and Amy freaking out. It is really weird that now Amy's the one taking a step back, but my theory is that maybe Amy thought that Sheldon wanting more was so far away and now that it's actually happening, she's like: WOOOOAH!!! HOLD ON!! She doesn't know how to react. I don't believe she's actually saying she needs some space because Sheldon said he wanted to watch The Flash. Perhaps she gets upset at that moment, but she's not actually mad because of it.

I don't know, we need to watch the episode so we can see how they actually react, not just the taping. But don't worry people, Sheldon and Amy are not breaking up, actually seems like Sheldon's going to propose next season. And they way I see it, it might be possible the we have a double wedding. Now seems like's going to take ages for Lenny to get married and also for Shamy. But, anyway...

Well, seems like nobody is leaving this time. 

Thank you so much for giving us info and sharing it!!!! I think I'm done with the season and I can survive the hiatus with this cliffhanger.

• Like 3

Tonight's taping in a nutshell:

Big Shamy kiss. Sheldon interrupts to ask if he should start watching The Flash. Amy gets upset.

Raj questions Howard and Bernie if Emily wanting to have sex in a cemetery is creepy. They doubt he could break up with her.

Howard and Bernie want to kick Stuart out, but feel guilty.

Sheldon and Lenny talk about why Amy is mad. Penny says it's because Sheldon is wrong. The topic comes up about them not having a wedding date yet. Sheldon drops it but Lenny still sensitive. Leonard says it doesn't matter if they got married tomorrow or years from now. Penny says Vegas is close and she's free tonight. They kiss.

Raj and Emily are in cemetery. It sounds like he is breaking up with her, but instead declared his love for her. They kiss.

Lenny leave for Vegas. In the car they talk about knowing each other well and not having any regrets. Leonard pipes up that he kissed a girl on the boat on Hawking trip. Penny not happy, but they continue on to Vegas.

Sheldon Skypes Amy and wants to talk about relationship. Amy says she needs to take a step back. Sheldon quietly says OK. The call ends. He asks the Gollum figurine on his desk advice because he knows about rings. He pulls a ring out of his desk drawer and asks Gollum what to do with it.

So basically it is the reverse of last year, with Amy wanting to take a step back instead of Sheldon, only Amy doesn't hop on a train - it really seems to come out of nowhere though since Shamy had been in such a good place all season, they just had their first sleepover - and it also seems strange Amy would get upset about Sheldon wanting to watch The Flash, after five years of knowing him she knows how he feels about The Flash, they could have continued their makeout session afterwards - the scene with Sheldon and the ring and talking to Gollum sounds sweet, sad and adorable all wrapped up into one, I hope there is a quick resolution to that at the beginning of next season and we see Sheldon propose to Amy :)

Edited by luke
  • Like 2