The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rachelshamyfan

[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

Tonight's taping in a nutshell:

Big Shamy kiss. Sheldon interrupts to ask if he should start watching a new show. Amy gets upset.

Raj questions Howard and Bernie if Emily wanting to have sex in a cemetery is creepy. They doubt he could break up with her.

Howard and Bernie want to kick Stuart out, but feel guilty.

Sheldon and Lenny talk about why Amy is mad. Penny says it's because Sheldon is wrong. The topic comes up about them not having a wedding date yet. Sheldon drops it but Lenny still sensitive. Leonard says it doesn't matter if they got married tomorrow or years from now. Penny says Vegas is close and she's free tonight. They kiss.

Raj and Emily are in cemetery. It sounds like he is breaking up with her, but instead declared his love for her. They kiss.

They leave for Vegas. In the car they talk about knowing each other well and not having any regrets. Leonard pipes up that he kissed a girl on the boat on Hawking trip. Penny not happy, but they continue on to Vegas.

Sheldon Skypes Amy and wants to talk about relationship. Amy says she needs to take a step back. Sheldon quietly says OK. The call ends. He asks the Gollum figurine on his desk advice because he knows about rings. He pulls a ring out of his desk drawer and asks Gollum what to do with it.

Shamy: sick me is a physic! I swear down I predicted the cliffhanger would involve Sheldon and a ring

Lenny: poor Lennies, before this taping report I didn't understand why they hated this season - now I do

Soz this took so long, had to shower

It's their five year anniversary! That means they count the beggining of their relationship as the end of season 3 even though she was "a girl and a friend" but not his "girlfriend" at the time.

Also, does anyone know what the "-cket" word was?

Its only taken me 10 tapings to FINALLY get a Shamy make out.. and DAYUM.

May I repeat?

KARMA! 

I'm very upset :(

Why Amy wants a break now ?? all was fine in their relationship. I really don't understand the writers...

Even if I know in season 9 they surely don't break up, but still upset.

And the story in Vegas ? not very inventive.

Thank you all for the news and report anyway :)

So Sheldon grew up more in a year than he did all series, he worships the ground Amy walks on, he has told her he loves her repeatedly, he has basically said he wants to die by her side, he is more committed to her than he has ever been, but Amy thinks all she's ever gotten out of him was a make out session? So all of that emotional commitment doesn't matter, what she really just wants is to fuck him?

Wow. I can't believe there would come a day I would actually be this mad at this woman, but it has.

#TeamSheldon

• Like 7

I am happy for the make out but I am going to agree with Sheldon on being upset about going from kiss face to angry face. I kinda expected the what it seems to be their first make out would make them happy not angry and fighting. I don't doubt they will be okay and probably engaged but still I am a disappointed.

• Like 2

From the bits and pieces that have come from the tapping tonight, I'm a combination of shocked, sad and happy.

Firstly, the Shamy. A lengthy kiss is always a plus – the way it ended, not so much. The fact that Amy is reconsidering the relationship is a real game changer. In a way, I think it had to happen. Things have been moving so well for them lately, making Amy feel great, but she's still seeing those aspects of Sheldon that make her question if he does really want her or not. She needs to evaluate if she can handle it. So, I can understand where she is coming from. The ending – a cliffhanger (ugh) – is full of positives, though. Sheldon was ready to propose. That is monumental. I'm sure they will resolve their issues early next season and a proposal will be on the way.

Now for the Lenny – what a shock!
I think for a while most of us thought if anyone was going to cheat in that relationship it would be Penny. She did have a bit of a reputation for being easy, for lack of a better term. But, as it's been pointed out, Leonard did cheat on Priya back in Season 5. Still, I never though he would cheat on Penny because, well, it's Penny – he spent years chasing after her and you'd think he never want to risk throwing it away. I think there will be a major blow up between the pair over it next season, but Penny will forgive him. It's clear the writers will end the series eventually with those two together.

Not much has come out about Raj, Bernadette and Howard, but I'm a bit disappointed that Raj is still with Emily. I think she's a bit too extreme for someone like Raj.

Now for the long wait til season 9.

• Like 2

So Sheldon grew up more in a year than he did all series, he worships the ground Amy walks on, he has told her he loves her repeatedly, he has basically said he wants to die by her side, he is more committed to her than he has ever been, but Amy thinks all she's ever gotten out of him was a make out session? So all of that emotional commitment doesn't matter, what she really just wants is to fuck him?

Wow. I can't believe there would come a day I would actually be this mad at this woman, but it has.

#TeamSheldon

I am quoting this for soooooooooo much truth right now.  Definitely #TeamSheldon

• Like 3