The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rachelshamyfan

[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

Yes I believe since them meeting in the coffee shop was a "date" of sorts (her agreement with her mother, him buying her a beverage, etc) so they're counting five years since the season three finale. This is their five year anniversary. While they're making out, Amy pulls back and says she can't believe it's been five years since their first date, and Sheldon agrees and then asks if he should watch the Flash. She says, "Really, that's what you're thinking about?" He says among other things. She asks if she's one of those things, and he says, "Yes. I was wondering if I should watch the Flash, oh I know, I'll ask Amy." He tries to lean in for another kiss and she puts a hand to his lips and stops him. She asks what he's doing and he says she killed the mood. She asks if he sees the irony in him admiring a superhero who's known for speed when the most she's gotten out of him in five years is a distracted make out session on the couch. He says he's not good with irony, but how about sarcasm? She responds sarcastically, and the scene ends.

Hmm so that makes it sound like this was their first real makeout session. Wonder if it was because it was their anniversary. I just think that Amy has to get this notion of the perfect relationship, moving at the perfect speed out of her head. This is what she gets with Sheldon and she has to decide if it's enough. I'm sure it will be and they will be okay, but Amy needs to say and really mean that she's willing to wait for Sheldon. A

Also, Sheldon needs to tell Amy that he's actually working on moving forward faster. He's told Penny & Leonard but not Amy. Maybe he's shown her, and she should be able to see it, but she's too close to it, and they have been slogging through for 5 years. Hopefully someone will point out to her, again, how far she and Sheldon have come and they'll talk about it and be fine.

• Like 4

I'm still 100% in love with Shamy and will go down with this ship. I just think the break up is bad timing and bad writing. TPTB wanted drama and couldn't think of a better way to bring it. I know it will all work out for the best.

• Like 2

I honestly am so pleased with how the season finale worked out. (Except for Leonard kissing some hussy but that's for another thread) First of all I'm so excited about the kiss. And I think the time apart from one another needs to happen. They need to shift the dynamic a little and this is a good way to do this. I'm pleased.

• Like 3

What the Hell.  i am sorry, I know the make out scene was good, but the final scene negates that for me.  Where in heavens name did this come from.  In Season 7 though I did not like the finale, it did tie up with all that had happened to Sheldon during that season.  

But this, hell no.  All we have had all season is ShAmy goodness, with both of them apparently now the same page.  As others have said, I could have seen Amy step back in earlier seasons, especially at the end of the last one (or even at the beginning of this one), but now - I am sorry but it just does not make sense.

Yes for a dramatic ending, but at least it should have some connection with what has gone on 

• Like 7

I'm okay with this. Actually more then okay. I understand where both parties are coming from in the situation. It can't be easy for Amy to always be like, "Oh it's okay. I undersatnd you so it doesn't matter that my feelings got hurt, again". I also understand where Sheldon is coming from. He's so used to Amy just understanding, he doesn't get why she would be upset. 

Their not broken up. The relationship agreement hasn't been terminated. Amy just needs time to think. There's nothing wrong with that. She has no idea that Sheldon had planned on proposing. Gollum is the only one who knows, lol. Plus! Good for Sheldon for giving Amy her space and being a grown up about the situation......and giving her the same time and not giving her a hard time about it just like when HE needed  it.

SO MUCH THIS! 

• Like 1

Sheldon Cooper had an Engagement Ring in his desk, I will be thinking about that more than anything else this summer, as Penny would say 'holy crap on a cracker.'

• Like 8

Amy needing to take some time had nothing to do with sex. Like where is that coming from? She was frustrated that he was ignoring her on date night, on their anniversary, to talk about a TV show, and she just wants some time to herself. She is allowed that. Sheldon agreed with her. Like why are we making this about sides and teams...

The way the makeout has been described it doesn't seem like he was ignoring her at all.

• Like 3

What the Hell. i am sorry, I know the make out scene was good, but the final scene negates that for me.

Yes for a dramatic ending, but at least it should have some connection with what has gone on

Same for me.

I understand she could be upset by his reaction, but a break ? Now ? Really ?? Not logical !

• Like 2

Anyone else find it a quirky coincidence that Sheldon tried to make Amy's nickname Gollum in the train kiss episode, and now he's asking Gollum for advice? 

I know the two are probably unrelated, but that's where my mind has wandered. 

• Like 8

I wanna make the point that I am not really worried about their relationship, but I am just annoyed that this goes against what they have shown us all season with them and the progress they have made.  Another season, I would have been all for it.  It just seems misplaced and simply to create drama.  They could have done better with showing that Sheldon actually ready and Amy has a bit of cold feet.  That would have made sense in the story they were telling for the past 8 months.  This plot just craps all over Sheldon's progress, progress that Amy told him you would be patient for and he should feel no pressure.

• Like 6

Loving news of the Make Out and Ring!! As for Amy wanting to slow things down all of a sudden, I didn't expect it right now, but we did say it was a possibility when it all started getting more real, and anyway, remember what I wrote in Anaheim about what it does to them to be 'on a break!' I see massive sexual tension coming as a result of this!

• Like 4

Anyone from taping mention what happened in 8.23, completed episode?

Anyone know if Amy is in 8.23 in the cold open, I understand if she actually was written out of the episode of the episode last minute due to mayim's personal reasons. But does anyone know if the cold open still have Mary and Sheldon mention her?

Edited by wonder63

Pointing out. It was their five year anniversary. Some context for Amy's distress.

And perspective.

Yes.  Amy isn't acting scared or wanting to slow things down.  In fact, when they stopped kissing, they were both really happy before the conversation went sour.    With it being their 5 year anniversary, and Sheldon completely disregarding it, you can see where Amy could have hopeless feelings, despite all of the positive steps taken this season.  Plus, the writers needed a cliffhanger, and I think they will use this to push Sheldon to work for this relationship. 

• Like 8

The problem is that you can't have your characters just have words come out of their mouth that totally contradict their actions and cumulative attitude over the course of one year and expect people to buy it. I am sorry, but I do *not* buy that the relationship has been taking its toll on Amy. Not this season. She has been on cloud 11 all season long, Sheldon has made leaps and bounds of progress, if they had any *minor* spat, they solved it with great and immediate communication. And now, suddenly, their relationship has been too difficult? After five years and when they're at their absolute best? When they're finally getting closer than ever, both physically and emotionally? This is bad writing, pure and simple. Just as bad as pulling out Leonard cheating on Penny two years prior because you can't use the material you already laid out on the table during the season to create some compelling drama (i.e. about the conflict over money and her acting career). 

Sheldon was not ignoring her! He was making out with her and going for more. I have yet to read the full report, but I kind of get the feeling that he was planning to keep going and maybe even propose to her that night? And yet, the Amy who "of course understands" when he runs off with a panic attack over seeing her in her prom dress, suddenly throws a hissy fit over one sentence about a tv show? Like... seriously, this is SHELDON, apparently sticking his tongue down her throat and you have DOUBTS about whether he's really that into you??? Who is this pod person and where is AFF? How on Earth can AFF think that *that* is not Sheldon being into her? Maybe some regular girl might not get it, but I thought the point of the Amy character was that she *gets* Sheldon and reads between the lines. And I don't think there was a lot of reading between the lines to be done here, to be honest, when, again, he is sticking his tongue down your throat. 

As always, spot on koops!  Get out of my head!!!!

• Like 1

Anyone from taping mention what happened in 8.23, completed episode?

Anyone know if Amy is in 8.23 in the cold open, I understand if she actually was written out of the episode of the episode last minute due to mayim's personal reasons. But does anyone know if the cold open still have Mary and Sheldon mention her?

Yes Amy was on cold open helping Sheldon with flowers for his mom

• Like 2