The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rachelshamyfan

[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

Yeah. He was in his spot. She was right next to him

So Shamy were making out on Sheldon's spot and the ring was in Sheldon's desk - circumstantial evidence would indicate that Sheldon was preparing to end their 5th anniversary by proposing to Amy, all she had to do is be patient a bit longer by watching the Flash and she would be engaged to Sheldon right now - oh well, after passing some wonderful milestones during the season, Shamy were just a little out of sync in the finale, they will get back on track quickly in season nine.

• Like 4

I never once got the impression Sheldon wanted to have sex the night of their anniversary. When he was talking about foreplay, penny had said "it's been 5 years and you still haven't slept together." He said "it's called foreplay." I think it was just him cheekily saying there's plenty to do, things they are doing, before sex needs to happen.

• Like 9

OMFG!!!! Sheldon was leaning toward her? How was the kiss? Small kisses or a kiss with tongue????

This is awesome!!

And for me Amy deserves some error... im not worry at all.

Edit: Sheldon did not want to propose to Amy the date night, I think he thought that after talking with Penny. He want to marry her at some point but absolutely not soon, and he wanted to show her that.

Edited by Carlilla

I'm in shock that Sheldon was apparently ready to consummate on that night as he called the make out session foreplay when he talked about it with Lenny. We should probably talk about that more. Like, what even happened on that PG-rated sleepover that he went from "you can stay for the night if we keep this chaste" to "been with this goddess for five years and about to give her my virginity and take hers hbu"?

I do think he got the ring after the anniversary (as he said "I've been thinking a lot about our relationship"). This boy, honestly. Amy tells him she wants more and he goes for the wedding bells. Commitment champion.

THIS THOUGH.

It was one long continuous kiss. I'm trying to remember it better, but there was lots of lip movement. I can't remember if you can see tongue. I'm guessing no but I really can't remember. I was in shock!

It was hot though.

Thank you, Maddie. You are so lucky! :)
  • Like 2

We also can't be sure when he got the ring. It is heavily my opinion that he got it after watching Leonard and Penny talk about eloping. Because otherwise it would have come up before that. "I was even going to propose to her!" But no, his whole attitude with Lenny was, "I don't get why she's mad at me. What did I do wrong?" And then it's not until a full day and a half later that he calls her and says he's been thinking about the relationship. It sounds like the "thinking" had to come post-fight.

Wow. So Sheldon's reaction to everyone telling him he's moving too slow is to buy a ring? Lol, Shelly, you might have skipped a few steps there buddy. I do wonder, if he had gone ahead and proposed over Skype, if Amy would have been like, wtf, or would have said yes. I'm so glad to know that Sheldon actually does want to marry her eventually though (not that I doubted it). 

• Like 3

I never once got the impression Sheldon wanted to have sex the night of their anniversary. When he was talking about foreplay, penny had said "it's been 5 years and you still haven't slept together." He said "it's called foreplay." I think it was just him cheekily saying there's plenty to do, things they are doing, before sex needs to happen.

Oops my bad, thanks for the clarification.

Wow. So Sheldon's reaction to everyone telling him he's moving too slow is to buy a ring? Lol, Shelly, you might have skipped a few steps there buddy. I do wonder, if he had gone ahead and proposed over Skype, if Amy would have been like, wtf, or would have said yes. I'm so glad to know that Sheldon actually does want to marry her eventually though (not that I doubted it).

I also agree and think that it was a bit sudden. However, I assume that while he did buy the ring, he wasn't going to propose over Skype. I assumed that he was just calling to maybe let her know that he had been thinking and wanted to see her. And then he would've done it in person. But I also think that the scene needed to be over Skype for the purpose of what the writers had in mind for how the scene played out. Would've been very difficult to do in person.

• Like 9

Probably comparable. It was about 10-15 seconds I'd say.

Haha no. Amy expressed her frustrations about how the relationship has been taking a toll on her emotionally and physically. She asked him for space and said she hopes he understands. He said he did, and she said goodbye. There are no teams. Let's not do that, guys.

If it's taking it's taking toll on her both emotionally and physically, than she's right to ask for space to sort herself out.  Why would she would be feeling this way when everything seems to be going so well for them? Well for one thing, she's always put him first.  Secondly, she's probably been walking on eggshells around for him for some time.  Worried that he either freak out or ran away again if she makes any suggestion he's not comfortable with.  He admitted himself not so long ago that he's still a flight risk, so she's going to be wary. Yes he's made huge strides this past year, but he doesn't talk to her about how he's feeling or what's thinking when it comes to their relationship.  He tells Leonard/Penny these things and he should be sharing these things with Amy.  He tells Penny that their slow dating is foreplay, when isn't he telling Amy this?  If he told her things that, then she wouldn't be feeling the way she is, stressed out.  Stress is a trigger for night terrors, so it wouldn't surprise me if she has been having them a lot and on the nights she can't sleep, she's probably laying awake wondering and worrying about their relationship.

They both need to realise there's two in this relationship.  He needs to start putting her first in some things and she needs to stop being afraid of telling him what she wants.

I suspect this will be resolved very quickly in the 1st episode of the 9th season.  I'd imagine there's clause in the RA for something like an emergency summit meeting and I can see Sheldon calling for it a few days after this episode at which they will talk it out and resolve it.   

My question would be - did Sheldon have the ring with him when Shamy were on their 5th anniversary date night? - if so maybe he had been planning to cap off the night with a proposal before Amy put on the brakes, I don't think Sheldon was disregarding Amy, if anything the ring showed he wanted to make their relationship permanent - he just wanted to watch The Flash :)

Sounds like classic Sheldon to me.  Planning something and assuming he's going to get the result he expected.  You'd think a scientist would know better.  If he was going to propose at the end of the evening, he shouldn't have asked if he could watch The Flash.  Why isn't he recording it?  And why doesn't he have a series link for it to record automatically? 

Amy's reaction might seem extreme, but don't forgot he applied for the Mars trip without discussing it with her first and she stormed off.  I thought he'd learned his lesson then, that he needed to talk to her about things like this instead of going to others.  Amy had no idea what he was planning, and was probably quite happy that they were making out on their anniversary and he starts talking about wanting to watch The Flash, instead of wanting to enjoy their time together.  It was probably the straw that broke the camel's back.  She has the patience of a Saint, but even a Saint has their limits.

Edited by A Shamy gal
  • Like 7

Ok, just woke up.

WHAT THE ACTUAL.... WHAAAAAT

spring-1.gif?w=350&h=219

And Shamy cliffhanger. Exactly what I wanted. HELL. YES.

• Like 5

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't get the impression Sheldon wanted to watch the Flash *instead* of making out, he just asked her if he should start watching it, speaking in general terms. Not, like, right there and then?

eta: Also, sorry but after reading all the descriptions of this makeout scene, I now want Penny to sit Amy down and explains to her the 101's of "mating signals" in that context. Kind of like Sheldon did to Leonard when they were spying on him and Penny with the webcam in the hallway in S2. "Sweetie, he's rubbing your back and putting his hands on your thigh and kissing you like there's no tomorrow.... he IS into you."

Edited by koops
  • Like 6

They're also in their dress clothes while making out? DOUBLE HOO. LOL.

Yes!  Sheldon in his usual slacks and striped button-up, and Amy had a new jumper dress!  It is similar to the denim jumper she wears, but this one was a bright, floral pattern, and she had a hot pink shirt underneath it.  They looked beautiful!

• Like 8

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't get the impression Sheldon wanted to watch the Flash *instead* of making out, he just asked her if he should start watching it, speaking in general terms. Not, like, right there and then?

Still sounds he would rather watch The Flash then make out with the woman he loves.

I don't know, maybe we are going to see a passionate Sheldon trying to get his woman back next season... It would be so beautiful if he proposed to get her back!

I can't wait to watch this episode!

• Like 2