[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

In my head canon, the reconciliation scenario would be like:

after they fully communicated their desires and frustrations, both agree on rebooting their relationship.

Sheldon: Well then, let's call it a night. May I suggest that we have a sleepover ?

Amy: um...sure, platonically?

Sheldon: Sexually.

Next scene, they both lie in bed panting,covered by sheldon's comforter.

Sheldon: I hope you don't take it as a reflection on what we've just done, but I really need a shower right now.

Amy: (uderstanding smile) How about we do it together?

Sheldon: What? you want it again?

I believe post coitus Shamy will be comedy gold, in a sweet funny manner.

Edited by mothandfire

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's part of the game. I've always said never get too comfortable. Just when everything is like it has been for Shamy this season, they'll slap us with something like this. Although I'm okay with this. LOL.

It's okay for things to go wrong. If the pot isn't stirred every once in a while, I'd say that makes for a pretty boring TV show. I can't wait to see how Shamy works through this.

When Sheldon is ready to propose to Amy: "I lost the ring!"

When Sheldon is ready to finally engage in coitus with Amy: "I don't have any condoms!"

Okay, now I'm being silly but yes, the stuff that upsets us....trust me...it isn't going to end here.

...but OMG, he has a ring!

If there is an engagement for shamy I see it probably in the 200th or the end of season

I don't expect the break to last too long. I do however hope it isn't handled with as much brevity as last years cliffhanger. I don't want the writers to simply sweep Amy's feelings under the rug again. I really wanna see Sheldon pine and grovel for Amy. I want Sheldon to woo her. I want him to win her over. I want them to make it clear that this is no longer a relationship that "skews in his favor". They have a really good opportunity to change the dynamic in this relationship. And then I want it to lead to sexual tension. In Sheldon's effort to win Amy back, I want them to make it clear just how much he physically desires Amy. We know Sheldon is going to have a hard time emotionally. That was established at the 25th cat. We know she means a lot to him. But so does Leonard and Penny and the rest of the gang. We know Sheldon has a hard time giving his friends up. He was willing to give up his spot to make amends with Howard. When he grows attached to people they become staples in his life and their absence upsets him. This is why it's important that they don't just show him being sad that Amy is not there but they should also find a way to imply sexual desire and perhaps even the beginning of frustration because of her absence. Yes, I understand he never had sex with her before so her absence wouldn't necessarily add to sexual frustration but perhaps as a result of this break, it can be revealed that Sheldon has felt this way or perhaps time apart from her could make him realize that he wants to be as close to her as possible and that could lead to sexual frustration. I actually have no idea how the writers would illustrate that though. Perhaps these ramblings are better suited for fanfiction prompts.

I was however, very surprised with how much the writers were able to imply in that one minute dialogue after the kiss. They were able to give us a tremendous amount of insight into Amy's feelings and insecurities. We found out

• Amy doesn't just want to have sex with Sheldon. It's not just about sex.
  • She wants Sheldon to want to have sex with her
  • She does not simply want to be appeased. She cant carry on in a relationship that does not promise mutual desire.
  • Not only does she respects herself to much to go through that but she respects and loves Sheldon too much to let him carry on

I totally agree with this.  It's basically what I've been feeling since day one.  I want Sheldon to prove himself to Amy.  Sheldon needs a push in order to open up more and I think this story can lead to this possibility if that’s what they’re striving for but things are still a bit of a mystery so far with a cliffhanger and all.  I also think his reaction to what Amy said at the end of the episode wasn’t really as emotional as I wanted it to be.

Ok just have to share another dream I had last night for our babies....

So playing that engagement will be the 200th episode, aka next Feb.

Shamy are back on an even playing field, reconciled and all.  Sheldon's has been putting Amy first and she appreciates it a great deal.  Its date night and Amy gets an emergency text from her lab that there is an issue.  She says she has to check it out and Sheldon then gives her crap for putting work ahead of him.  But he goes with her anyway to the lab to see whats going on. 

They arrive, Amy runs in, and all the lights are dimmed and there is a bunch of luminous fish in bowls around to add a glow to the room.  Amy is like "What is going on" and turns around as Sheldon is at the door which is now closed and says Bazinga (a good salute with the fish & the Bazinga for it being their 200th episode and all) and proceeds to propose in a very Sheldon way.  May or may not go down on one knee...if he does he will put a towel down first. 

Ok....back to work.  Man if these dreams keep coming I may bite the bullet and attempt fanfic writing lol

Edited by kerrycec03

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

I really sympatize with Sheldon and understand him but in 5 years that they had been together, he was making it too hard for her. In their relationship, she would often ask him to hold her hand in the movies, to kiss her, and to have intimate moments with her. These things didn't happen easily. It took months and turned to years of shameful begging for a physical intimacy to happen. They say if you love someone it doesn't matter when it will happen.

In Sheldon's case I do understand if Amy changed her mind. If Amy wants to be all by herself for now. She needs to breathe for now. She needs to think if staying with him is far worth it or she has to let go.

It was hard decision.

It was not easy for her to say it to his face.

It is hard to ask for someone to stay if he or she doesnt want to stay anymore.

The hardest thing is she has been very patient with the progression, with the slow improvement then all of a sudden, it will be just another sad story.

I hope that this will not take for so long.

That it is just a form of hiatus.

I just want Sheldon to insist to win her back. He must do all his effort even exhaust his effort to just bring her back.

I want him to feel what Amy felt through these years that she felt unimportant, second priority even a laughing stock among their friends. I want him to feel uncomfortable missing her company. I want him to feel what it feels like what it means to live in a world without someone you agree with almost everything. What it felt like his other half was already gone.

I understand Sheldon because he is true to himself. He is germaphobe, he was afraid of touching someone and be close with someone. But the fact that he changed so much because of Amy, it was already there. Even their friends noticed Sheldon's changes in time.

If I were Sheldon, I will not stop to make her feel that she is very important for my being, my growth. To lose her is not her lost but mine.

Maybe reverse roles will be possible soon. Sheldon will be the one begging and asking (though this will not suit his original character which is very dominant, unconventional,) and Amy will be the one whose trying to run away from him. If that happens, Sheldon might appreciate his relationship with her.

I think the reason why Amy got mad it is because she was expecting that Sheldon will propose to him while they are making out. Before she said, "If Sheldon proposed to me while making love, my ovaries will grab unto him and I will never let him go."

I remember her saying those words to her friends, Penny and Bernadette. But Sheldon didn't propose instead he was asking her if he could watch The Flash animated series. That was a hint. I felt this time, Amy didn't get the hint. In life, people often speak metaphorically. I think the way Sheldon said it, is a metaphor that he wants to make it fast this time. He is too intensed, even passionate for her, to ask her to marry him. To be a part of his life. Imagine a germaphobe, annoying, a know-it-all science genius finally realize that he is not only passionate about science but what makes his universe complete is to be with her.

I want him to sing his version of Grow old with you by Adam Sandler, playing a piano. In serious singing and by HIS own choice. I want him to court Amy over and over again by HIS own choice. Be romantic in HIS own way without Leonard, Raj, Howard, Penny, Bernadette, telling him what he needs to do.

I experienced being left by someone I loved the most. Without rhyme and reason, he said he don't love me anymore. That was painful. I thought he love me that much. But love isn't enough reason for him to stay. The same with Amy. Her love for Sheldon is not enough reason for her to stay.

I mentioned in one of my posts in the forum that what if suddenly Amy and Sheldon broke up and it happened. I regret saying that. I really hate I did say that because I had been in a relationship I thought we were okay but it is just in the surface. I hope that this would not last for long.

Some more thoughts about the season finale: 

Yes this has been a great season for Sheldon and Amy overall. They did make a lot of progress in their relationship what a lot of good moments like in the Prom and Fort Episode. This was a good season for them. They are in a good place for the most part. 

But underneath all of that there is still some small unresolved issues between that that need to be fix. I was thinking of some of the stuff that happened this past season and looking at the whole picture I am not surprise that Amy want to step back and reevaluate her relationship with Sheldon even so things are going well: 

1 He wanted to ruin her Christmas and make her look like a fool in front of their friends. Yes he bought her a Present still but he was expecting her not to buy one for him so he could ruin it and make her look bad in front of their friends. .  

2 He didn't tell her about the Mars thing. Yes he did tell her he would want her to come with him but that was more after the fact. Maybe he was planning too before but  just causally mentioned it like it was no big deal.   

3 He ignored her during date night. 

4 His mind was somewhere else during the make out session. It made it sound like he would have rather do something else. I can understand be mad. 

Yes it Sheldon being Sheldon for the most part and he has grown.. But in real life t some of those things would make him look like a a** 

So looking at all of this it not surprising Amy want to take a break. she want to make sure he really want to be with her and that he is worth her time. Although she doesn't know he was going to propose, During it over Skype would have been a bad idea.  

I think the break will only last a few days (1 or 2 Episode).Season 9 will take place like the day after Season 8 at least. I think in the first or second episode he will go to her apartment and they will resolve their issues. I do not think he going to propose in the first episode of season 9. that would not be a good idea. I am still going with the 200th. 

Ooo, this is interesting. I half agree and half don't.

1) Sheldon 'ruining' Amy's Christmas: See, this to me was a classic example of Sheldon trying to get what he wants without admitting it's what he wants. I thought it was an adorable and very Sheldon-y way of trying to 'back-door' romance into his Christmas, without letting on that that was what he wanted to do, because he's not a hippie and so on. Sheldon can be surprisingly conventionally romantic. I mean, an Amy screensaver? The tiara? That ginormous blingy ring? I think our Sheldon has a bit of a hankering for big squishy gestures, but you'll put him to death by torture before he'll admit it. And that was why he had to come up with this elaborate plan of 'punishing' Amy by giving her the most personal, thoughtful gift he could think of. I think I said 'Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww' without taking a breath throughout the Shamy scenes. Interesting to note that there's a completely opposite interpretation!

2) The Mars thing: I completely agree. In fact, here is where I would expect Amy to take a step back. This was a major breach, to me- far bigger than blurting out something silly during a makeout session.

3) Ignoring her during date night: Sigh. Yes, you're right. But-as much as I grin at the Relationship Agreement- I've always found that Sheldon tends to respect the letter of the agreement, rather than the spirit. The moments where he betrays that he needs/wants/loves Amy have tended to happen outside the parameters of the RelAg (that screensaver, going hilariously over the top with that tiara, making her his Emergency Contact, Prom Night declarations of love and so on). It's one of the things that makes me think the writers know what they're doing with this relationship. Sheldon can try to rigidly structure his romance, but the heart wants what it wants, when it wants it.

4) Mind wandering (along with hands-winkwink!) during their makeout session: awwww, come on now. It sounds like he breathed out one dumb question when he surfaced for air, and then went immediately back in. A very different thing from having one eye on the TV while they make out. Would I roll my eyes? Maybe.* Would I be tempted to give my partner a ding upside the head? Maybe. But would it make me reevaluate a relationship in which, after enduring unblinkingly years of monumental selfishness, I see that my partner is making a sincere attempt to move past his serious challenges and be a good boyfriend? I really, really don't think so.

* Although, to all intents and purposes, I believe that Amy's response should have been: 'Yes, you should watch Flash. Barry Allen is yummy.' I would enjoy watching Sheldon's face as Amy gushes over an attractive superhero.

Edited by wowbagger

I hadn't thought of the Christmas present thing the way you did....I like that interpretation although I still hated the line make her feel small and worthless(I will stick to that)

I think if he had just said let's ruin her Christmas which still would have been funny, I may have interpreted it the way you did.

Santa said it best....Dating you is punishment enough and he agreed there was an argument for that.

And the Mars thing....yeah that is where she could have stepped back and said whoa....you did what? I think we need to think about this relationship....but she talked to him, which is what I love about them, the communication....she told him how she felt. And they worked it out. I don't think Sheldon went to each of his friends and said hey should I do this and they all said ask Amy, I think he said I did this and they all said did you tell Amy? He said no and they told him she was going to be angry.

I really don't know if the Flash comment is what made Amy reevaluate I actually think it may be more of he went back in for more and then when she stopped him to talk about what he said and then he blamed her for ruining the mood. Have we considered that? He didn't want to take responsibility for stopping the make out session it was all her fault.

I have thought about that long and hard and that might be why she is more angry than anything. He doesn't take responsibility for his actions until she calls him out on it. And now she has to think about whether she can handle that....

I think this will last one or two episodes and she will be thinking more along the lines of how do I tell him what I am feeling and make him see this.

So I will continue to chant.....

#itwillonlylastanepisode

One of the reasons I started watching this show was because I fell in love with Jim's acting, so I'm really excited that he finally gets to have more emotional and dramatic moments that don't need to be compromised by empty humor.

Edited by Judge-Apatow

The time I wanted to strangle Sheldon's neck for being a jerk of a boyfriend to Amy is in The Closure Alternative, where he wished "lucky for you,'cause I wished you were dead." and called her a "complete sucker". He better plan a very good wedding proposal! Do something and probably involve the rest of the gang, like what Wolowitz did for Bernadette.

No worst Sheldon towards Amy episode hands down for me is still Tenure....She is so damn supportive and he is so clueless and insults her non-stop.  I cringe during that episode.

But that, like Closure, was over 2 years ago....Sheldon has come a LONG way in how he treats her.  He NOW respects her and sees her as an equal....all that is left is for her to be ahead of him...be his #1...put her needs ahead of his like she has done for years. 

Edited by kerrycec03

I really don't know if the Flash comment is what made Amy reevaluate I actually think it may be more of he went back in for more and then when she stopped him to talk about what he said and then he blamed her for ruining the mood. Have we considered that? He didn't want to take responsibility for stopping the make out session it was all her fault.

I have thought about that long and hard and that might be why she is more angry than anything. He doesn't take responsibility for his actions until she calls him out on it. And now she has to think about whether she can handle that....

Re: the bolded bit: er-ahem. I think that Amy did ruin the mood (Sheldon has a mood to ruin! Mirabile dictu!). I may be an inattentive lover/partner/whatever, but I don't think it's monstrous to be thinking of different things, even when your body is very much present. I also think it was obvious that Sheldon just said a dumb thing (and please note that this is a deeply innocuous dumb thing, not calling out another person's name in bed or anything like that) and then came back to continue the kissing, thereby clearly indicating that he was into it. Amy's insecurities may lead her to question Sheldon's interest, but I believe strongly that it was her reaction that killed the moment.

Now, to be clear, I think it's interesting to explore Amy's insecurities, and I think it's encouraging that Amy doesn't just want intimacy from Sheldon, she wants it to be what he wants. And I am excited to see a situation in which Sheldon has to actively pursue intimacy and demonstrate that he wants it. I just wish that it had been done in a less contrived and graceless manner.

All the above is, of course, my opinion.

wowbagger...good pick up....that Sheldon says she ruined the mood....and like you said, gulp, Sheldon had a mood that was ruined...So yea, our boy was into it and wants it....

so now we wait months to see where they go from here...but it will be all good in the big picture

I hadn't thought of the Christmas present thing the way you did....I like that interpretation although I still hated the line make her feel small and worthless(I will stick to that)

I think if he had just said let's ruin her Christmas which still would have been funny, I may have interpreted it the way you did.

Santa said it best....Dating you is punishment enough and he agreed there was an argument for that.

And the Mars thing....yeah that is where she could have stepped back and said whoa....you did what? I think we need to think about this relationship....but she talked to him, which is what I love about them, the communication....she told him how she felt. And they worked it out. I don't think Sheldon went to each of his friends and said hey should I do this and they all said ask Amy, I think he said I did this and they all said did you tell Amy? He said no and they told him she was going to be angry.

I think this will last one or two episodes and she will be thinking more along the lines of how do I tell him what I am feeling and make him see this.

So I will continue to chant.....

#itwillonlylastanepisode

Omg yes all of this !!! # thecatisalive worked for us so let's start #itwillonlylastanepisode

wowbagger.... good point. He did have the mood he was in ruined. I didn't think about that but what I was trying to say was she was upset that he was thinking about The Flash(And I admit....stupid timing on his part, dumb thing to say but completely Sheldon) and I think she wanted to talk about it and not continue kissing.

I admit yes she killed the mood but she doesn't see it that way is what I think.

And he kills the mood a lot so she probably think he did again.

I really don't want to think that just because he said something about The Flash would cause her to reevaluate her relationship.

I think I really need to see this episode and see facial reactions to really read what is on their minds. That may help me....

Again this is my opinion but I hadn't thought about it that way.

wowbagger.... good point. He did have the mood he was in ruined. I didn't think about that but what I was trying to say was she was upset that he was thinking about The Flash(And I admit....stupid timing on his part, dumb thing to say but completely Sheldon) and I think she wanted to talk about it and not continue kissing.

I admit yes she killed the mood but she doesn't see it that way is what I think.

I really don't want to think that just because he said something about The Flash would cause her to reevaluate her relationship.

I think I really need to see this episode and see facial reactions to really read what is on their minds. That may help me....

Oh, I agree. I don't want to think that the Flash thing would cause her to reevaluate either. I also agree that the break is unlikely to last long.

I really have to believe that she is only taking this break to think about how to talk to him about her concerns.

And we will see a real adult conversation between the two of them. It is the best part of their relationship.

Even Jim and Mayim say that about their characters.

#itwillonlylastanepisode

that's my motto.

I haven't caught up on the whole convo yet (long day!), but I think they both ruined each other's mood. Sheldon first, and then him ruining her mood ruined his mood. But since Sheldon is clueless he doesn't get what he did wrong. I even think Penny's advice didn't quite help, because I think with him you have to be direct. To tell him "You need to focus on her", he takes it literally. But the more... explicit version of that question, and more to the point, is not the way people usually say it, and that's why Penny didn't say "dude, if you're making out with a someone, they want to know you like it/them and are getting arousal out of it/them." And I honestly don't think it was the Flash comment itself that made her step back, it's more I think a cumulation of doubts she's had for a long time, about whether or not Sheldon is sexually attracted to her. That's the bottom line. And, in the bigger picture, whether or not he wants the same thing she wants out of the relationship.

I just wish they made it clearer it's about this and not just about the pace. Because it's one thing to have a plot where Amy is insecure about whether Sheldon wants her fully and completely as much as she does, it's another to have one where she's just fed up with waiting. The former, I can definitely get on board with. The latter just makes her come across as if she wants sex/romance more than she wants Sheldon and is totally contradictory of Prom "Of course I understand" Amy and disregarding all the progress they made so far. It also really bugs me that they use "5 years" as the timeline, to make it sound like she has been patient for 5 years when, really, they weren't even officially dating until 1.5 years after the first time they met, and for a long time they were on the same wavelength about this stuff.

I mean, to me the dialogue seems to imply the former, more than the latter. Because she doesn't want to just continue kissing him, when she thinks he doesn't want it. And later the dialogue with Penny and Sheldon she's telling him about "focusing on her". I kind of feel the "pace" thing is actually thrown in there more as a plot device to trigger the Lenny plot. Because if Amy hadn't brought up the pace, then Penny wouldn't have said he's going slow either and Sheldon wouldn't have been able to turn the tables on them and force them to pick a wedding date. 

Edited by koops

wowbagger......exactly what I was thinking.

She wants his focus on her and not on a TV show.....she is frustrated. It was probably the straw that broke the camel's back so to say.

I don't want it to be a focus of 5 years either because you are right, they started out on the same page. She changed when she became attracted to Zach but only really for that episode. The girls changed her I think. Although it is nice they acknowledged it was the anniversary of their first date. But again in season 6 premier they said the date was their 2 year anniversary which would take them to the season 4 date with Penny.....consistency with the writers would be nice but we won't get that.

Anyway....I don't want to pass judgment too quickly on anyone in this situation. I am only judging now based on a report. It may all play out completely differently.  
I felt very upset after last year's finale report and then when I saw it I wasn't as upset. I am hoping to feel the same this year but it doesn't sound like I will. here's hoping.

#itwillonlylastanepisode