[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

Did you watch the sneak peak?Amy doesn't look too happy with Sheldon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiVsDxiX-Xk

Hmmmm. Maybe I did the writers a disservice. Maybe there is an arc building (yeah, yeah, I know, what are the odds?) Maybe we are meant to frown at Amy's behaviour in the finale. Because that..... is a somewhat churlish thing to say. There's nothing wrong with Amy wanting romance every once in a while, but I thought that the mushroom log was a great gift. It lasts longer than flowers, and it reproduces. It bears fruit! That's a declaration of intent if ever I heard one!

And, even more than churlish, it's- kind of unlike the Amy we know and love. What ever happened to the Amy who wanted to check out the telescope in Hawaii, who thought that Relationship Agreements were 'more than hot. [They're] binding'? 

Edited by wowbagger
  • Like 3

Hmmmm. Maybe I did the writers a disservice. Maybe there is an arc building (yeah, yeah, I know, what are the odds?) Maybe we are meant to frown at Amy's behaviour in the finale. Because that..... is a somewhat churlish thing to say. There's nothing wrong with Amy wanting romance every once in a while, but I thought that the mushroom log was a great gift. It lasts longer than flowers, and it reproduces. It bears fruit! That's a declaration of intent if ever I heard one!

And, even more than churlish, it's- kind of unlike the Amy we know and love. What ever happened to the Amy who wanted to check out the telescope in Hawaii, who thought that Relationship Agreements were 'more than hot. [They're] binding'? 

ITA wowbagger. ITA. To be honest, the whole sneak peek roses stuff bugs me a hell of a lot more than what happens in the finale. Amy getting upset because he seems to be somewhere else during their makeout and that makes her pop the lid on stuff she was already worried about, fair enough. But Amy in that sneak peek comes across as incredibly petty and whiny and, frankly, boring. Where is the Amy who finds RA romantic, thinks "fun" equals blowing balls of wool across a table, who finds "I want to have dinner with Penny out of everyone in the world" vomit inducing, who swoons over the meaning of "pontificate" and so on? But, oh noes. Here come the stereotypes! Woman = likes roses. Woman = whines if man doesn't buy her roses. Man = idiot because he doesn't buy woman roses. Let's all have a laugh. They could have had the same joke about the mushroom log by having Penny say something like "He's getting his mother roses, but he never got you flowers?" and have Sheldon say "Hey, I got her a mushroom log for V-Day!" and Amy say the exact same line she has in the sneak peek but with a swooning tone instead of sarcastic, eliciting the classic Lenny WTF faces, and the audience would have laughed just the same at those two goofs.

• Like 3

It's been a week now since the report, and I stick to my first reaction although I read everything on this thread.

Like Wowbager, I don't buy the story.

Let's recap all the wrongs that Sheldon did that Amy was aware of:

1. He left for 45 days without telling her, and without saying her goodbye. Problem resolved, we don't know how, but well...

2. When forced to stop his trip, he calls Leonard first. Problem resolved quite easily by admitting he didn't want her to think the less of him. OK.

3. When trying to keep his anxiety level high, he totally ruined their date night. Problem resolved, we don't know how.

4. He filled in an application to live on Mars without telling or asking her, thus considering living on another planet without her, all the while trying to adopt a turtle with her. Problem resolved, even though a bit too quickly...

5. He says something stupid while making out with her. She decides to have a break.

Isn't there something that bugs you?

In my opinion, going on a trip without saying goodbye or filling in an application to colonize Mars is WAY worse than a stupid line while making out. So she's OK with the first two, but she needs a break with the third... oO

It doesn't make sense at all. He would have deserved a break when he came back from his trip, or just after the mars application, but what he did that night was not worth of such drama.

I feel like a parrot repeating the same thing over and over, but it is total overreacting from Amy's part. She should have been on cloud nine with the making out. Him not thinking only of her is making her upset, OK, it kills the mood, she doesn't want to carry on, and decides to end the date night at that moment. OK.

But her comment about the pace of their relationship is coming from nowhere. They've made big progress, and she isn't happy? Wow. Sorry, but on that point, I feel more for Sheldon, her comment is so depressing and unfair. It feels like whatever he does, he just can't make her happy. Never. Always wanting more and more. If I were Sheldon, I would feel demotivated. And that's maybe why he asks Gollum about the ring: maybe he feels less sure about what to do next.

As for Sheldon chasing her to win her over, sorry but in that context, I don't agree at all. Because her reaction is over the top and I feel that Sheldon doesn't deserve what's happening to him, I don't want him to chase her. It would be really disappointing if he did so in that context, all the more that she explicitely asked him for time and space to think. She has to be the one who moves first.

Or does everything you just mentioned culminated in her needing a break... After a year of hot and cold with him she finally said "You know what maybe I am not as equipped to handle this like I thought." Amy loves him, and he loves her but sometimes lb is not enough to sustain.. Amy needs to know the depth of feeling he has for her and he absoulutly needs to chase her this time. Not have her be the Sally to his Linus all the time.

• Like 5

ITA wowbagger. ITA. To be honest, the whole sneak peek roses stuff bugs me a hell of a lot more than what happens in the finale. Amy getting upset because he seems to be somewhere else during their makeout and that makes her pop the lid on stuff she was already worried about, fair enough. But Amy in that sneak peek comes across as incredibly petty and whiny and, frankly, boring. Where is the Amy who finds RA romantic, thinks "fun" equals blowing balls of wool across a table, who finds "I want to have dinner with Penny out of everyone in the world" vomit inducing, who swoons over the meaning of "pontificate" and so on? But, oh noes. Here come the stereotypes! Woman = likes roses. Woman = whines if man doesn't buy her roses. Man = idiot because he doesn't buy woman roses. Let's all have a laugh. They could have had the same joke about the mushroom log by having Penny say something like "He's getting his mother roses, but he never got you flowers?" and have Sheldon say "Hey, I got her a mushroom log for V-Day!" and Amy say the exact same line she has in the sneak peek but with a swooning tone instead of sarcastic, eliciting the classic Lenny WTF faces, and the audience would have laughed just the same at those two goofs.

Yes! The random chickification of Amy strikes again! Okay, my annoyance at Amy's finale behaviour comes roaring back. To the extent that I want Amy to apologise in S9. 

We won't get it, of course, that's not how this show rolls. We didn't get a proper Sheldon apology in S8 either. But I sincerely, sincerely hope that Amy comes back and says 'You know, all this pressure I've been putting on me and you- it's making me someone I despise. I LIKE the mushroom log. I've named it Rosalind Franklin. I don't know why I snarked about it. The pressure makes you fearful and me whiny. So fuck it, we're not doing the romance thing anymore.'

And then the two of them toddle along trying to reset, with all that delicious new-discovered sexual tension bubbling between them, until one day- 

Edited by wowbagger
  • Like 5

For all of Amy's cool and nerdy quirks people tensd to forget that she is a lady and with that comes the estrogen fueled need to thumb through glossy magazines that make her feel bad about her body. What is so wrong, about wanting flowers rom your boyfriend? Especially when he gives you a lame excuse why you dont get them but will buy them for his mother.

• Like 5

Or does everything you just mentioned culminated in her needing a break... After a year of hot and cold with him she finally said "You know what maybe I am not as equipped to handle this like I thought." Amy loves him, and he loves her but sometimes lb is not enough to sustain.. Amy needs to know the depth of feeling he has for her and he absoulutly needs to chase her this time. Not have her be the Sally to his Linus all the time.

Agree 100%. The Flash during make-out was the straw that broke the camels back. She is just plain tired and drained of driving the car with the slow pace. She loves him dearly but needs a little breathing space.

I do think the tag is meant to have the general public feel for Sheldon. An emotion we've never really been drafted to feel. He may have some "aww" moments but generally the viewer is left to say "poor Leonard, poor Amy" but rarely "poor Sheldon". To get this level of emotional feelings from the general viewer towards the Sheldon character also will help get the viewers ready and believe that Sheldon could get very intimate (sex and marriage) with Amy. To become truly intimate your walls have to come down and you have to give yourself fully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 9

Agree 100%. The Flash during make-out was the straw that broke the camels back. She is just plain tired and drained of driving the car with the slow pace. She loves him dearly but needs a little breathing space.

I do think the tag is meant to have the general public feel for Sheldon. An emotion we've never really been drafted to feel. He may have some "aww" moments but generally the viewer is left to say "poor Leonard, poor Amy" but rarely "poor Sheldon". To get this level of emotional feelings from the general viewer towards the Sheldon character also will help get the viewers ready and believe that Sheldon could get very intimate (sex and marriage) with Amy. To become truly intimate your walls have to come down and you have to give yourself fully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes! This is exactly it!! To this point we only have had brief glimpses into his true emotions. We as the viewer need to feel for him, and we need to see him feel. So when these intimate moments we know he WANTS it and is not just giving in.

• Like 6

If well played, this will be a huge opportunity for the writers to show a deep insight of Sheldon's heart and to show a real growth for the character. It will be also a very difficoult task, they cannot completely change his features, the success of the show rally depend on alla his quircks and his moods...i think next season will be a very difficoult one from a creative point of view...good luck to them!!!

• Like 3

I didn't see this bit of Word of God from Steve himself in the thread yet (I think?), so here's what he had to say about the fort scene and what happened after that:

Question: Color me curious and slightly perverted, but do we know what base Sheldon and Amy went to during their little sleepover on The Big Bang Theory a few weeks back? —Tammy
Ausiello: You’re disgusting Tammy. Here’s your answer directly from showrunner Steve Molaro: “They remain safely on first base.”

Edited by Stefania
  • Like 6

@boys3allc: are you kidding me? " He absolutely needs to chase her that time"?  When she said she needed time and space?

I'm shocked.

For the rest, the " last straw " and so on, I disagree. Because there is no link between the Flash line and the " all I got is ". I can understand that when you're upset, you say absolutely anything to help your anger out. But that also means that the true problem is not the Flash line, it's the pace of their relationship, when it has never been faster.

She could have said: " you're not thinking of me when you're with me.", or " you don't stop thinking of your stupid TV shows when kissing me." That would have been more logical, and if she thought of a break after that, I would have understood. But she can't be upset by the pace of their relationship now. That rings hollow.

It sounds like she will never be happy.

And that's the reason why I think that she's the one who needs to come to terms with what she really expects from her relationship, so no chasing from Sheldon here please.

For all of Amy's cool and nerdy quirks people tensd to forget that she is a lady and with that comes the estrogen fueled need to thumb through glossy magazines that make her feel bad about her body. What is so wrong, about wanting flowers rom your boyfriend? Especially when he gives you a lame excuse why you dont get them but will buy them for his mother.

Oh dear.

Amy's 'cool and nerdy quirks' are her personality, not something she assumes in order to be aloof and different. You're quite right that just because she's brainy and geeky doesn't mean that she can't enjoy trashy romantic fiction et cetera (and it's one of the things I particularly enjoy about her), but that, too, is Amy being Amy, not Amy succumbing to some biological imperative. 

I've said before that there's nothing wrong with Amy wanting romance. But-setting aside the fact that Sheldon is not obligated to provide it, however much Amy wants it- my gripe is that the mushroom log was romantic. Yes, it's not severed plant genitals, but it's something representing longevity and fruitfulness. It's out-there enough that it clearly took thought. For Amy to dismiss and belittle that thought is, I repeat, churlish and uncharacteristic of her. 

I see a quirky, thoughtful gift of the kind that I would expect Amy to love- or appreciate, even if she doesn't love. And I see a really uncharacteristically bitchy put-down. I'm sorry, but that remark and its tone really quite shocked me. 

• Like 2

@boys3allc: are you kidding me? " He absolutely needs to chase her that time"? When she said she needed time and space?

I'm shocked.

For the rest, the " last straw " and so on, I disagree. Because there is no link between the Flash line and the " all I got is ". I can understand that when you're upset, you say absolutely anything to help your anger out. But that also means that the true problem is not the Flash line, it's the pace of their relationship, when it has never been faster.

She could have said: " you're not thinking of me when you're with me.", or " you don't stop thinking of your stupid TV shows when kissing me." That would have been more logical, and if she thought of a break after that, I would have understood. But she can't be upset by the pace of their relationship now. That rings hollow.

And that's the reason why I think that she's the one who needs to come to terms with what she really expects from her relationship, so no chasing from Sheldon here please.

You sound like someone who either completely doesn't get their relationship throughout the whole five years or you're a closeted Shenny or Purist.

I'm guessing you don't get it so go back and re-read posts #13448 & #13636. Then explain to me how you could possibly feel the same way you do now.

• Like 1

I must have missed a memo that an extra X chromosome automatically means wanting and liking flowers. 

The point is that Amy's "desires" for this kind of stuff only come up when the writers want to write stereotypical jokes about what women want and what men are apparently genetically too stupid to give. I find it frankly rather simplistic and insulting to both genders. Also, whatever happened to "it's the gesture that counts"? Sheldon did get her a present for Valentines Day, and one that was quite original at that. Yet, it's still not good enough because it has to be stereotypical flowers that any living organism with half a functioning brain cell can choose as a Valentines Day present, since it's the least original and most generic gift one can possibly think of. All I'm saying is that Amy's appeal, to me personally, has always been her quirks and "out of the box" thinking, and seeing her be swooned by completely random things. If I wanted to watch flowers and candles, I'd ship Howardette. And it's one thing to want attention and affection from your boyfriend, IMO, it's another to be so petty about what form that attention should take to be deemed good enough. 

@boys3allc: are you kidding me? " He absolutely needs to chase her that time"?  When she said she needed time and space?

I'm shocked.

For the rest, the " last straw " and so on, I disagree. Because there is no link between the Flash line and the " all I got is ". I can understand that when you're upset, you say absolutely anything to help your anger out. But that also means that the true problem is not the Flash line, it's the pace of their relationship, when it has never been faster.

Cherry, I get what you mean. But, like I said before, I kind of feel like they brought up "pace" as a plot device to trigger the Lenny plot. Because if they hadn't had Amy bring up "pace", Penny couldn't have confronted Sheldon about it and Sheldon couldn't have turned the tables on them. They also needed her to get pissed off, leave, and decide on the "break". If she had gotten upset and told him straight up "you're not thinking about me, we obviously don't want the same things out of this relationship", he would have understood what she meant and given her a honest answer, like he always does when she's straight and honest with him (Mars being the most recent example). But since they wanted her to bail, they got her to use sarcasm on him, and confuse him, so he wouldn't be able to reply and make things better. Because you know he would have. Heck, maybe even proposed! But then the story would have ended there. They always do this with Amy, when they need Sheldon to grovel, they have her use passive-aggressiveness or sarcasm, which Sheldon can't really grasp, so that she can then have a reason to storm off, and then we can see Sheldon climb the walls to figure out what he did wrong (like in 7x05), until we get to the latest big reveal about how he feels. It was all a big plot device to get to the big reveal, really, about the ring. 

• Like 2

Well I have to agree with some of the posters here, it's seems to me sometime like Amy have some bipolar aspect in her personality. At the same time she needs a janitor after Leonard's "romantic" choice, other time she wants Sheldon to have similar comments. Sometimes romantic gesture is binding document and  , other time she needs classical - roses. It seems like Amy is herself confused of who she really is. Does she wants classical romance or their own kind? Or writers just still don't know what to do with them ? Because it sometimes feels to me like they have problem with really establish their relationship on stable basis. Maybe there are still ambivalent visions among the writers. But maybe It's intention to let Amy be more unbalanced person, or like koops said, they just can't help to throw some stereotype in the mix. One way or the other, there's no wonder Sheldon still can't understand her completely, or predict her reactions if, even we can't. He has difficult woman to solve indeed. 

Edited by tallin
  • Like 3

I must have missed a memo that an extra X chromosome automatically means wanting and liking flowers. 

The point is that Amy's "desires" for this kind of stuff only come up when the writers want to write stereotypical jokes about what women want and what men are apparently genetically too stupid to give. I find it frankly rather simplistic and insulting to both genders. Also, whatever happened to "it's the gesture that counts"? Sheldon did get her a present for Valentines Day, and one that was quite original at that. Yet, it's still not good enough because it has to be stereotypical flowers that any living organism with half a functioning brain cell can choose as a Valentines Day present, since it's the least original and most generic gift one can possibly think of. All I'm saying is that Amy's appeal, to me personally, has always been her quirks and "out of the box" thinking, and seeing her be swooned by completely random things. If I wanted to watch flowers and candles, I'd ship Howardette. And it's one thing to want attention and affection from your boyfriend, IMO, it's another to be so petty about what form that attention should take to be deemed good enough. 

They always do this with Amy, when they need Sheldon to grovel, they have her use passive-aggressiveness or sarcasm, which Sheldon can't really grasp, so that she can then have a reason to storm off, and then we can see Sheldon climb the walls to figure out what he did wrong (like in 7x05), until we get to the latest big reveal about how he feels. It was all a big plot device to get to the big reveal, really, about the ring.

Maybe I need the see the episode but from the clip she never said she did not like the mushroom log, we did not get to see her receive it.

Perhaps at the time she was over the moon about her gift that was so extremely Sheldon to give. I am just saying he told her that he would not buy her flowers and then he bought them for his mom. That hurts. I agree with you about the ring being a plot device.

#sheldonneedstohaseamy

#flowerssforamy

I think I am going to sound like a broken record here because this seems to be going in the direction of Sheldon has to chase her.

I don't agree. I think she just wants a day or two to think about what she needs to say to him.

I have no doubt this will not last just like all the other stuff it will be resolved.

She just wants to feel wanted and she needs to tell him that. I thought at first it was the straw that broke the camels back but the more I think about it, I think it is just frustration on her part at that particular moment. She wants to know he is not doing this just because she wants it.

I think they will have an adult conversation about how she feels and then they will be fine.

• Like 3

You sound like someone who either completely doesn't get their relationship throughout the whole five years or you're a closeted Shenny or Purist.

I'm guessing you don't get it so go back and re-read posts #13448 & #13636. Then explain to me how you could possibly feel the same way you do now.

I can't speak for Cherry, but I don't think it necessarily follows that you're a Shenny or a purist if you're not saying 'Oh snap! You go, girl!' to Amy after this finale, no? Or even if you're saying 'WTF?!?' to Amy after this finale.

• Like 1

Well I have to agree with some of the posters here, it's seems to me sometime like Amy have some bipolar aspect in her personality. At the same time she needs a janitor after Leonard's "romantic" choice, other time she wants Sheldon to have similar comments. Sometimes romantic gesture is binding document and  , other time she needs classical - roses. It seems like Amy is herself confused of who she really is. Does she wants classical romance or their own kind? Or writers just still don't know what to do with them ? Because it sometimes feels to me like they have problem with really establish their relationship on stable basis. Maybe there are still ambivalent visions among the writers. But maybe It's intention to let Amy be more unbalanced person, or like koops said, they just can't help to throw some stereotype in the mix. One way or the other, there's no wonder Sheldon still can't understand her completely, or predict her reactions if, even we can't. He has difficult woman to solve indeed. 

The thing is, I actually think this could make for such an interesting exploration of Amy's character! I can totally headcanon the reasons for her bipolar attitude towards romance, mixing together her inexperience, exposure to her friends, not having wanted this in the past and now trying to find her footing as to *what* it is that she wants. There would be SOOOOO much to explore with that, and it would be so fascinating to watch Amy navigate through this confusion to finally achieve the type of romance that works for her. But, sadly, I think she's still at the mercy of whatever they want to do with Sheldon and so will get her to react accordingly when they need to make a point about how much of a jerk Sheldon is and/or how much he's progressed.

I was talking to Lio this morning and I was saying how much I would love to see a more well-rounded exploration of this romance. One where for every step we see Sheldon take to embrace Amy's needs a desires, we see Amy refine her expectations and desires to something that is "custom made" for them. One where we see Sheldon rub off on Amy as much as we see Amy rub off on Sheldon, rather than just him (slowly) moving forward and her waiting. 

Maybe I need the see the episode but from the clip she never said she did not like the mushroom log, we did not get to see her receive it.

Perhaps at the time she was over the moon about her gift that was so extremely Sheldon to give. I am just saying he told her that he would not buy her flowers and then he bought them for his mom. That hurts. I agree with you about the ring being a plot device.

#sheldonneedstohaseamy

#flowerssforamy

It might be that he's buying his mom flowers because 1) he doesn't want to put much thought into it (when they went to Texas with Howard, it was Howard that had to remind him to bring something, and Sheldon was all "aren't I enough?!" and 2) he knows better than to incur his mother's wrath, so he'll just do something to please her. He obviously has a totally different relationship with his mother than he does with Amy, so his choice not to go for severed plant genitals for his girlfriend might have a reasoning behind it. 

Also, I didn't mean the ring is a plot device, I mean the mention of "pace" is a plot device to get to the point of the episode: OMC SHELDON HAS A RING HE WAS GOING TO PROPOSE! *audience screaming into the night*

• Like 5

@Caffeine

Absolutely agree.....the best part of their relationship has been that they communicate. It seems to me that they have a lack of that in this particular instance.

Amy gets angry and doesn't tell him exactly why, like when he got angry at Raiders(he wanted revenge). She just says something along the lines of "All I have gotten is a distracted make out session"  He doesn't understand what he did wrong. If she tells him he then can say of course I want this. When Sheldon gets a feeling he knows it so I don't think he is doing this kind of thing because she wants it but because he does. And when they actually have that adult conversation it will all work out.

Edited by kimbee73
  • Like 5

On the subject of the 8x23 promo, just because my homegirl Amy wished Sheldon gives her flowers, doesn't necessarily mean it makes her less nerd, or too feminine.Stereotyping character based on their interests, which is as FLEETING as the weather makes me go "huh?". It sounds very judgmental to me. The "hearts, flowers, and chocolates" couple in the show should and would have been Koothrappali and Emily, only Emily is not into romantic frou-frou and would rather have a picnic in a graveyard. It never crossed my mind that just because she wanted flowers made her lesser than the girl who thinks Relationship Agreement is romantic. Just because there has been growth as fast as snail in her relationship with Sheldon, but still she got pissed when all she got is a distracted makeout session, doesn't make her less nerdy or less understanding/patient with Sheldon. I wouldn't like her character to be borderline emotional MASOCHISTIC; some emotional realism makes her relatable. Her character growth doesn't look too drastic or out of line. The only time I would be really concerned is if she turns her into a wolverine version 2.0 ala Bernadette.

• Like 4

The thing is, I actually think this could make for such an interesting exploration of Amy's character! I can totally headcanon the reasons for her bipolar attitude towards romance, mixing together her inexperience, exposure to her friends, not having wanted this in the past and now trying to find her footing as to *what* it is that she wants. There would be SOOOOO much to explore with that, and it would be so fascinating to watch Amy navigate through this confusion to finally achieve the type of romance that works for her. But, sadly, I think she's still at the mercy of whatever they want to do with Sheldon and so will get her to react accordingly when they need to make a point about how much of a jerk Sheldon is and/or how much he's progressed.

I was talking to Lio this morning and I was saying how much I would love to see a more well-rounded exploration of this romance. One where for every step we see Sheldon take to embrace Amy's needs a desires, we see Amy refine her expectations and desires to something that is "custom made" for them. One where we see Sheldon rub off on Amy as much as we see Amy rub off on Sheldon, rather than just him (slowly) moving forward and her waiting. 

Oh man, what I wouldn't give to see that. What I wouldn't give to see Amy and Sheldon get super, super into a series of novels or a TV show that comprehends both of their interests (A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones*? Didn't you once suggest The X-Files?). What I wouldn't give to see Amy geek out over comic books herself, or for her and Sheldon to have a Chaucer quote-off.

But sigh. I completely agree (and it makes me quite angry) that the writers are mainly interested in Amy insofar as she intersects with their story for Sheldon. The writers introduced Amy as a female Sheldon to see how he'd play off his mirror image. Then they thought they'd play with how someone like a Sheldon would engage in something eerily similar to a romantic relationship, without- you know- the actual romance. And then they thought it would be hilarious for Sheldon to be the object of a sustained romantic siege (the dark days of Season Six). Then they figured that they'd see what it would be like for Sheldon to dip one toe into the murky waters of sexual/romantic feeling. Now I think they'd like to see what it would be like for Sheldon to proactively pursue romantic/sexual feeling.

All of which is perfectly fine and interesting, but they've done it by having Amy be whoever they need her to be to make these things happen. Amy as female Sheldon? Yup. Amy as female Sheldon engaging in romantic-but-not-romantic friendship? Sure. Amy as experiencing romantic/sexual awakening? Sure. Amy as always having had romantic/sexual feelings? Er- sure. Amy laying siege to boyfriend through months and months of selfishness and immaturity, because apparently she's always had romantic/sexual feelings? Okay. Amy wanting, not only romance and sex, but a particular kind of deeply trite romance? Okay. Amy throwing a snit in order to engineer a situation where Sheldon is proactive? All right.

* Which would also be HILARIOUS, because George RR Martin knows a thing or two about torturously slow....

Edited by wowbagger

I watched the preview over the roses and mushroom log. Honestly, I thought it was funny and cute. Sheldon and Amy's exchange sounded like an old married couple giving each other a hard time over a topic without any real rancor. The mushroom log was not a hit with Amy; well....the way she described it as moist and rotting, I could see her point.

But as for the yellow roses he picked for his Mom, that was not a generic choice but a thoughtful one. There's a very popular old cowboy song called "Yellow Rose of Texas," about a woman who cried when the cowboy left and going home to her and such. Pretty sure that, combined with the care that Sheldon was showing making the arrangement, this was something special he was doing for his beloved Mother.

Good catch about the roses, Lio! Didn't know about the song. Awwwwwwwwwwwww.

Edited by wowbagger