[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

And did anyone notice the way Amy was patting Sheldon's arm? It was so affectionate and gentle. Another good actor's choice.

I've only seen some clips so far, but what I noticed most about Amy keeping both her hands on Sheldon, was how happy and comfortable he was with it.

Edited by A Shamy gal
  • Like 1

So, now I'm informed as well. Kinda ice bucket challenge.

I liked so much sheldon wanting to continue their making-out. It proved that he feels very comfortable with kissing amy and wants more of it. Regarding his opinion about kissing before his experiences with amy, makes clear that he has all the options to enjoy a physical relationsship. In this moment that seems even more possible than that he gives himself complete to amy emotional, to have her in his focus. (Oh, bad English, hope it's understandable what I mean). Because that is amy's point. She has the feeling that she is not seen enough by sheldon. She feels that she is just making sheldons life more comfortable, but he isn't saying a full open serious "Yes, I see you in your whole personality, which I respect und like." It's like he never did take her feelings serious (enough). Even to by her a ring and to marry her seems more intended to make his own life comfortable than hers. For me, that's the point.

Please, don't misunderstand. I like Sheldon very much. It's not his fault, his has just not yet developed so far, and he has good reasons therefore in his biography. Now is the moment to take a step into a new, deeper quality of connection to amy. Pun not intended, it's not meant physically. I mean, now the way is open for a relationship, in which Sheldon no longer loves Amy as a child loves somebody, but really sees Amy in and loves her for her full personality, as she does with him. Grown up. Not any more wanting Amy, because just he feels so comfortable with her. Because then it's still just about him, not about her.

By the way, congratulation to the writers, who managed to make sheldon's development from "no touching, kissing is unhygienic" to "I enjoy kissing und want more of it" believable, without loosing his special character.

Them to pause their relationsship ist hard to bear, but it wouldn't be so hard if 9 x 1 came earlier, maybe just in a week as usual between two episodes. One the other hand, due to the long hiatus, it's more weighty. I hope what I write is not only crap, it's just my try to cope with the ache, and make it kinda sweet ache.

Oh, oh, I'm writing and writing, but I should already be away and buy the food for the weakend... waah.      Edit: WEEKend! Although, WEAKend somehow fits as well.

Edited by Bavarian ShamyShipper Girl
  • Like 1

I'm not worried. I like a little angst. Especially if it gives Sheldon impetus to be more affectionate and forthcoming towards Amy. I'm under the impression that the season premiere will pick up where it left off and Lenny will turn around to help Sheldon and Amy in whatever way they can.

Completely agree! This was exactly what I was thinking ever since reading the taping report.

After watching the episode and the two interviews of Molaro, I'm really excited right now.  

Sheldon's negative feelings always ignite his repressed drive of urges and pent-up emotions. It's the finest and most logical way to speed up the Shamy's consummation.

Like many here has mentioned, It's good to see the role reverse, and I can't wait to see Sheldon wooing Amy. Bring it on,writers!

Edited by mothandfire
  • Like 8

Like I though, I almost cry, and I am still upset, even if the end is intended positive with Sheldon's intention of wanting to propose to her.

I just noted, although it has certainly been said here before (I have not read all your comments yet), the smile he has when he says "not just any date night, our 5th anniversary" if only Amy could see that same enthusiasm !

• Like 2

Anyone else notice the way Sheldon kind of rolls his shoulder during the kiss? S.E.X.Y.

And I will never hear/think about the word "anyway" the same way again. Props to Jim for bringing some subtle heat to that scene. That man is a master of body language and subtext.

You're not th only one, I noticed that subtle physical expression during watching the promo video. That petty action was so telling, It indicates how mush Sheldon's invested in that kiss, as if his urges just emerged to surface at that moment.

• Like 1

I think watching The Flash was a metaphor for marrying Amy.  They're kissing passionately and suddenly he's thinking about making this big commitment. The writers made it clear twice it was a big commitment to start watching The Flash, and he would remain committed to it for the full run, even if the quality declined.  Even if I hadn't been spoiled, I would have spotted that line as being essentially "for better or for worse" and realized that on some level he was thinking about marrying Amy.

Agree.

the acting on both Jim and Mayim's part was..... excellent.

they hit those emotions so hard. those subtle facial expressions speak volumes for a character... especially one like Sheldon.

i can't wait till season 9 to see how this plays out.

i believe the season will pick up a day or two after the finale. it faded suddenly as if to say...to be continued.  

they also edited out almost all the background noise for the kiss and the tag. dramactic effect indeed!

• Like 1

Anyone else notice the way Sheldon kind of rolls his shoulder during the kiss? S.E.X.Y.

And I will never hear/think about the word "anyway" the same way again. Props to Jim for bringing some subtle heat to that scene. That man is a master of body language and subtext.

So true and have you noticed the way his eyes went up and down and then up on her before he said it? This was so hot!

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 5