[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe he was going to do it right then

No, I don't think he was going to propose that night. I think he was still working it out in his brain (one of the things he was thinking about). I do, however, believe Amy was about to get a lot more loving, though.

It still gets me that Sheldon confirmed he had a mood and was happy to tell Penny he was upset they went from kissing to yelling. He is not ashamed to hide that he is sexually waking up. Speaks volumes.

No, I don't think he was going to propose that night. I think he was still working it out in his brain (one of the things he was thinking about). I do, however, believe Amy was about to get a lot more loving, though.

It still gets me that Sheldon confirmed he had a mood and was happy to tell Penny he was upset they went from kissing to yelling. He is not ashamed to hide that he is sexually waking up. Speaks volumes.

Agreed!! His libido is clearly awake....kinda confirmed by Molaro. And this will bring on a sexually frustrated Sheldon is season 8 which could be comedy gold!!! (Once they are reconciled)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Season 9 is going to be big for the Shamy. 

This past season has been building up to Sheldon becoming a more physical, intimate, loving being, in his own way. I honestly feel that this break needed to happen. It is an opportunity for both Sheldon and Amy, mainly Sheldon, to consider just how deep their feelings run for each other. Unfortunately, Sheldon has always had the reassurance that Amy will be a constant in his life, whereas for Amy it has been the opposite. Amy is always walking on egg shells, uncertain what will set him off, and Sheldon has made damn sure to remind her that he goes "back and forth" on being in a relationship. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

This will push Sheldon to admit to his girlfriend just how important she is to him, how much he wants her in every way possible. Once that barrier is out of the way, I predict the Shamy will be stronger and happier than ever.

Sheldon can become more intimate without losing his character quirks. 

Amy does not worry about Sheldon's commitment to her.  She has far more commitment from him that Leonard gets from Penny really.   What is at issue here is whether he feels the same passion for her that she feels for him.  She wants to have a little bit of passion in her life.   This all may be from her watching too many romance movies and reading romance novels.  She has built in her mind a perfectly romantic partner.   Sheldon will never be typical.   She knows that.   But she does want to know that he desires her just as she desires him.

I don't think she is trying to test him. I think she is truly trying to decide if she can know that she has a man that does love her and is committed to her, but may never offer her the same level of passion that she feels for him.   That is more of what is at stake in her mind.  

In all honesty, I do think Sheldon  feels passion for her and his leaning in for more kissing was a small sign of that.   What he does not realize is that she does not know that.   They have not discussed whether he ever gets turned on by her.   She needs reassurance that he does get turned on by her.  

Sheldon is very afraid to fail Amy.   He said that at the beginning of the season when he was picked up by she and Leonard in Arizona after the failed train adventure.    He didn't want her to see him fail.   He is a virgin  and well over 30 now.   Can you imagine the pressure he must be feeling about performing perfectly the first time out of the gate?   It must scare him to death.   

Amy is much more experimental..and does not share the same fear of failure, that we have seen.   So she does not likely realize his fear.   They again have never communicated about it.   

Bottom line, they need to have a long, serious talk about their relationship together.  That is how they are going to get through this.   She can evaluate things, but she doesn't have all the data and I think she is going to realize this.  She does not know whether Sheldon is capable of being "turned on" by her.   Without that knowledge she is making a decision without the full picture.

I agree with Judge-Apatow...seeing Sheldon finding himself sexually frustrated is comedic gold.  

Agree, Star.  I've been thinking they need to revisit the conversation from two years ago that ended in D&D sex.  This time it may need to end in a makeout session and some serious cuddling.

Also, and I'm sure other people noticed this but I haven't seen mention of it, Sheldon referred to their moving slowly as foreplay.  That word only makes sense if he intends for them to have sex eventually.

Amy does not worry about Sheldon's commitment to her. She has far more commitment from him that Leonard gets from Penny really. What is at issue here is whether he feels the same passion for her that she feels for him. She wants to have a little bit of passion in her life. This all may be from her watching too many romance movies and reading romance novels. She has built in her mind a perfectly romantic partner. Sheldon will never be typical. She knows that. But she does want to know that he desires her just as she desires him.

I don't think she is trying to test him. I think she is truly trying to decide if she can know that she has a man that does love her and is committed to her, but may never offer her the same level of passion that she feels for him. That is more of what is at stake in her mind.

In all honesty, I do think Sheldon feels passion for her and his leaning in for more kissing was a small sign of that. What he does not realize is that she does not know that. They have not discussed whether he ever gets turned on by her. She needs reassurance that he does get turned on by her.

Sheldon is very afraid to fail Amy. He said that at the beginning of the season when he was picked up by she and Leonard in Arizona after the failed train adventure. He didn't want her to see him fail. He is a virgin and well over 30 now. Can you imagine the pressure he must be feeling about performing perfectly the first time out of the gate? It must scare him to death.

Amy is much more experimental..and does not share the same fear of failure, that we have seen. So she does not likely realize his fear. They again have never communicated about it.

Bottom line, they need to have a long, serious talk about their relationship together. That is how they are going to get through this. She can evaluate things, but she doesn't have all the data and I think she is going to realize this. She does not know whether Sheldon is capable of being "turned on" by her. Without that knowledge she is making a decision without the full picture.

I agree with Judge-Apatow...seeing Sheldon finding himself sexually frustrated is comedic gold.

I agree with everything you said here, but because Amy stopped their makeout even when Sheldon tried to continue to bring up committment tells me that her issue here was not all about the passion. If it were, like Sheldon, she would have accepted his "anyway" and hopped back on the make out track with him. There is more here at stake than their physical relationship.

Questions that I and maybe some of you will ponder over the summer. Was this their first make out session? Who was it initiated by? Was Amy hoping they were going to get a lot farther intimacy wise because it was their 5 year date anniversary? How long did Sheldon have the ring? I don't think he bought it in the timeline of the episode. Was he planning on proposing to Amy through Skype? What was he going to say when she interrupted him, "listen, I've been thinking a lot about relationships and how difficult they can be, and I think...."? What was he going to say??

Apparently I have too much time on my hands. :help:

Edited by dana1010

Another question:

Are CBS and The Big Bang Theory giving us clues with their post about the mother´s day? The first TBBT baby will be a SHAMY one?

Our SHAMY is SO adorable in that picture!!!!

No, I think it was a combination of things 1)smart marketing because they know that Shamy sell...they are clearly very popular with the fan base; 2) they were really the only couple that even came close to having a pet much less a child, so they were the only couple to reference "starting a family" together; 3) the know that Jim is a big name in the industry right now.  Again, good marketing.

I just read this Molaro interview in Spanish (well Google translated it), and it said that they are not sure if they are going to have Sheldon go after Amy at all.  That they want to see how this break up has an effect on the group.  So that is sad, after so much progress this year.  I hope they end up together in the end, but I really don't think this is going to resolved any time soon.  It more sounds like how will the group function when Sheldon and Amy are both there, but are awkward with each other, and no longer involved.  Sigh...honestly that just sounds depressing to me.

I liked the idea above, of Sheldon being sexually frustrated, but not being able to do anything about it.  Not sure if they will go there though....

Questions that I and maybe some of you will ponder over the summer. Was this their first make out session? Who was it initiated by? Was Amy hoping they were going to get a lot farther intimacy wise because it was their 5 year date anniversary? How long did Sheldon have the ring? I don't think he bought it in the timeline of the episode. Was he planning on proposing to Amy through Skype? What was he going to say when she interrupted him, "listen, I've been thinking a lot about relationships and how difficult they can be, and I think...."? What was he going to say??

Apparently I have too much time on my hands. :help:

Was this their first make out session? 

I think yes, and it probably went for a lot longer than we saw, and I don't just mean because the scene was cut down in the editing process.

Who was it initiated by?

Honestly, at this point in their relationship, it could have been either one. I feel like saying Sheldon, because most milestones are initiated by him, but I'm going to say Amy instead because of the "all I can get out of you" line.

Was Amy hoping for more intimacy?

She's "always hoping", however I think in this case she was happy just to take the make out as it was a step up from a chaste kiss.

How long did Sheldon have the ring?

I definitely believe he had it before their anniversary, for at least a week. For his first action following their Skype call to be picking up the ring, it suggests to me that he had bought it recently enough for it to still be at the forefront of his mind. So, somewhere between a week and a month is probably how long he had it for. 

Was he planning on proposing through Skype?

I very much doubt it. 

What was he going to say when she interrupted him? 

There are a range of things Sheldon may have said. It could have been something along the lines of him telling her that relationships are all about give and take and that she was taking more from him than she was give. He also could have invited her over for another date night to apologise with the intention to propose when she arrived. I really don't know, but I'm excited to see what's in store for them in episode one. 

and answering these kinds of questions through a fan fic would be very helpful as well ... with just a pinch of 'spice' things up and added detail to  make the whole thing 'pop' :)

just sayin' .....................

Edited by kelliluvtbbt

I just read this Molaro interview in Spanish (well Google translated it), and it said that they are not sure if they are going to have Sheldon go after Amy at all. That they want to see how this break up has an effect on the group. It more sounds like how will the group function when Sheldon and Amy are both there, but are awkward with each other, and no longer involved. Sigh...honestly that just sounds depressing to me.

I liked the idea above, of Sheldon being sexually frustrated, but not being able to do anything about it. Not sure if they will go there though....

One of the appealing factors about ShAmy is that even when they are on opposite sides of the fence so-to-speak, their fondness for each other is still so readily apparent in their mannerisms, their facial expressions, the way they light up when the other is not present but mentioned in conversation. It is hard to describe.

I don't think or hope the the writers don't go the route of making them mean or ugly with each other around the others for the sake of comedy and ruin this special dynamic that makes them ShAmy.

If they want to drag this out, I hope it is to show Sheldon and Amy hurting and pining for one another but not knowing how to bridge the gap. Sheldon becomes unkept, misses his tea time with Amy, starts to lose interest in comics/tv/games. Perhaps he decides not to watch The Flash after all. Maybe Amy tries to drag Penny and Bernie to do things with her that she used to do with Sheldon. When she comes over, she doesn't sit next to Sheldon but across the room. Sheldon stops participating in conversations, etc.

Also, I want Sheldon to want Amy back because he misses her, needs her in his life, and just does not feel whole without her. To have him go after her out of sexual frustration just diminishes everything they have built together for the sake of a thrill. Yes, I want him to want her, but his initial desires should come from his emotional connection and need to be one with her. I know this sounds like an excerpt out of a romance novel, but let's face it, Sheldon has a sappy side. It is not IC for him to allow physical urges to supercede his feelings. It is his feelings for Amy that move him to give in to his physical side.

After the hurdle is crossed and they consumate their relationship, then I can see his view of sex change where they will begin rolling in the hay for the sake of it because it is just that good.

One of the appealing factors about ShAmy is that even when they are on opposite sides of the fence so-to-speak, their fondness for each other is still so readily apparent in their mannerisms, their facial expressions, the way they light up when the other is not present but mentioned in conversation. It is hard to describe.

I don't think or hope the the writers don't go the route of making them mean or ugly with each other around the others for the sake of comedy and ruin this special dynamic that makes them ShAmy.

If they want to drag this out, I hope it is to show Sheldon and Amy hurting and pining for one another but not knowing how to bridge the gap. Sheldon becomes unkept, misses his tea time with Amy, starts to lose interest in comics/tv/games. Perhaps he decides not to watch The Flash after all. Maybe Amy tries to drag Penny and Bernie to do things with her that she used to do with Sheldon. When she comes over, she doesn't sit next to Sheldon but across the room. Sheldon stops participating in conversations, etc.

Also, I want Sheldon to want Amy back because he misses her, needs her in his life, and just does not feel whole without her. To have him go after her out of sexual frustration just diminishes everything they have built together for the sake of a thrill. Yes, I want him to want her, but his initial desires should come from his emotional connection and need to be one with her. I know this sounds like an excerpt out of a romance novel, but let's face it, Sheldon has a sappy side. It is not IC for him to allow physical urges to supercede his feelings. It is his feelings for Amy that move him to give in to his physical side.

After the hurdle is crossed and they consumate their relationship, then I can see his view of sex change where they will begin rolling in the hay for the sake of it because it is just that good.

I really like what you wrote above.  I would really like to see it play out like you've written, to have them together, but missing each other.  And to eventually find their way back to each other with a new understanding of what they both truly want.  I hope the writers take us down that path.  I don't want to see them date other people, or raging jealousy.  I don't think that's them.  They've shown how much they enjoy each others company this past season, so I think that will leave a gaping hole for the both of them.

I was partially kidding about the sexually frustrated Sheldon.  That's not how I want to see them come together for sure.  I want them to come together in a pure romantic way.    I just thought, for comedy's sake, it would be funny to see.  Perhaps long after they've finally consumated, there can be a reason to show that.  I still think it would be a bit funny to see.  Great post, very thoughtful.

I was partially kidding about the sexually frustrated Sheldon. ...... I just thought, for comedy's sake, it would be funny to see. Perhaps long after they've finally consumated, there can be a reason to show that. I still think it would be a bit funny to see. Great post, very thoughtful.

I agree. I can see them sneaking around, negotiating the whole ordeal: time place, well you know..... I can also imagine the humor ensued from their unique brand of verbal love/mood language... The Tardis might still meet the purpose Amy intended yet! A lot of comedic possibilities for the writers here. Of course, we won't see it on screen, but the implications would be hilarious.

I can also see the comedic value of others poking fun at Sheldon for being someone who said he'd never feel/do these things.