[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

I just read this Molaro interview in Spanish (well Google translated it), and it said that they are not sure if they are going to have Sheldon go after Amy at all.  That they want to see how this break up has an effect on the group.  So that is sad, after so much progress this year.  I hope they end up together in the end, but I really don't think this is going to resolved any time soon.  It more sounds like how will the group function when Sheldon and Amy are both there, but are awkward with each other, and no longer involved.  Sigh...honestly that just sounds depressing to me.

I liked the idea above, of Sheldon being sexually frustrated, but not being able to do anything about it.  Not sure if they will go there though....

What interview was that?

I think it was the spanish version of this article:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-bang-theory-sheldon-amy-793742

It translates a little differently, but I think this was the one.

I didn't read anything about Sheldon going after her or not.

It just said things will happen between them that it's not over.

Maybe we will get a much needed adult conversation.

As I keep saying we have two 30 something's having a first relationship like teenagers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I'll try to copy the Spanish interview in here. It read a little differently. Lost in translation? I think they have confirmed that it isn't resolved right away by the comments about seeing how their break "ripples" through all the other relationships.

Will copy tonight when I'm at my computer and not in my phone.

I think it was the spanish version of this article:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-bang-theory-sheldon-amy-793742

It translates a little differently, but I think this was the one.

Oh ok I read that, but I did not get the same impression you did. From what Inrrad the ripple effect through the group could only last an episode. It was worrisome though, the Glamour one is much better.

• Like 1

Molaro tends to talk about things in a way that makes it sound like he's describing long arcs when he's really just describing one episode.  I can't remember specific instances but I remember it has happened before.

I'm curious about his statement that Sheldon and Amy are not done talking.  Does he mean they're not finished talking about whether to split up, or does he mean in a more general way they're not a couple but they'll still be in the same circle of friends?

• Like 2

Molaro tends to talk about things in a way that makes it sound like he's describing long arcs when he's really just describing one episode.  I can't remember specific instances but I remember it has happened before.

I'm curious about his statement that Sheldon and Amy are not done talking.  Does he mean they're not finished talking about whether to split up, or does he mean in a more general way they're not a couple but they'll still be in the same circle of friends?

I took that as the most hopeful part of the intervirw. The guy was asking how they will be broken up and Molaro was like "het wait they are not done tslking yet" like it is not a big epic break up.

• Like 4

I just read this Molaro interview in Spanish (well Google translated it), and it said that they are not sure if they are going to have Sheldon go after Amy at all. That they want to see how this break up has an effect on the group. So that is sad, after so much progress this year. I hope they end up together in the end, but I really don't think this is going to resolved any time soon. It more sounds like how will the group function when Sheldon and Amy are both there, but are awkward with each other, and no longer involved. Sigh...honestly that just sounds depressing to me.

I liked the idea above, of Sheldon being sexually frustrated, but not being able to do anything about it. Not sure if they will go there though....

I read that article, and really, Molaro is just saying he doesn't know if that's the route they'll be taking or not. And if it is, do you think he'd actually tell us? He's being purposely evasive. Otherwise, what would be the point of the cliffhanger they created? Also, who's to say it won't be Amy going after HIM? We all need to try not to worry so much. Long, drawn out drama has never been Shamy's style. It might take a few episodes, but our favorite power couple will be just fine. Shamy is gold for them, this is a comedy, and there's only so much time to make their milestones.

Remember how most of us fretted after the season 7 finale? I know this feels more serious, but I have a feeling it's going to be an amazing season.

Edited by TheShamyShipper
  • Like 8

Amy said:"... being your girfriend IS so challenging......"  and ....." I LOVE YOU, but I need to take a step back and RE-EVALUATE OUR SITUATION...."

She is asking for  space and time to think!, She is not breaking up with him!

She says: IS, I LOVE YOU, OUR!

She IS still his girlfriend!

• Like 4

Amy said:"... being your girfriend IS so challenging......" and ....." I LOVE YOU, but I need to take a step back and RE-EVALUATE OUR SITUATION...."

She is asking for space and time to think!, She is not breaking up with him!

She IS still his girlfriend!

I think the confusion on their status is caused by varying perspectives on what she meant and that during interviews, including one with Jim Parsons, where he said they broke up.

We do know, however, that it is a break.

Amy said:"... being your girfriend IS so challenging......" and ....." I LOVE YOU, but I need to take a step back and RE-EVALUATE OUR SITUATION...."

She is asking for space and time to think!, She is not breaking up with him!

She IS still his girlfriend!

I 100% agree. They will be fine.

Okay so I spent the better part of yesterday making a Shamy video. This is how I'm getting through.

So here is the video. I set it to I won't give up. I know it's been used but it works for this years finale as well.

http://youtu.be/nBGMHFj2nxA

• Like 6

I 100% agree. They will be fine.

Okay so I spent the better part of yesterday making a Shamy video. This is how I'm getting through.

So here is the video. I set it to I won't give up. I know it's been used but it works for this years finale as well.http://youtu.be/nBGMHFj2nxA

Love it! Real talk I listened to thst song and straight up cried in the car on tbe way to work. I felt like I had been broken up with!

• Like 1

Love it! Real talk I listened to thst song and straight up cried in the car on tbe way to work. I felt like I had been broken up with!

I didn't want to make anyone cry.

Does  the R A cover this situation, or our SHAMY has to re-evaluate  it  in 9 x 01?

The RA seems to be the Bible, the Gospels, the Tora for them.( As we know, it is still in force )

Dear Shamies, our SHAMY will be GREAT in S9!

• Like 4

Questions that I and maybe some of you will ponder over the summer. Was this their first make out session? Who was it initiated by? Was Amy hoping they were going to get a lot farther intimacy wise because it was their 5 year date anniversary? How long did Sheldon have the ring? I don't think he bought it in the timeline of the episode. Was he planning on proposing to Amy through Skype? What was he going to say when she interrupted him, "listen, I've been thinking a lot about relationships and how difficult they can be, and I think...."? What was he going to say??

Apparently I have too much time on my hands. :help:

as far as the makeout goes, neither penny not leonard seemed surprised or confused when sheldon told them they were necking, so I would say that shows it definitely wasn't the first time and that they knew it.

On the other hand, the Molaro interview seemed to insinuate maybe it was the first time. So maybe the writers aren't entirely in agreement about it.

Considering the writers' habit of ignoring continuity for the sake of whatever joke or story they want to go with, I'm sure they'll change that as needed for what they need for season 9.

In the meantime, we should just choose the reality we want, and indulge in some fanfiction.

• Like 1

as far as the makeout goes, neither penny not leonard seemed surprised or confused when sheldon told them they were necking, so I would say that shows it definitely wasn't the first time and that they knew it.

Considering Sheldon thinks Amy asking how his day is via text is sexting and any physical activity they have done up til now is foreplay, necking in Sheldon's universe is nothing to get too excited about. It is the same as Sheldon comparing Amy kissing him under mistletoe to a Tiajuana sex show. Any description of physical activity coming from Sheldon is overly exaggerated. Leonard and Penny know this. Hence, the lack of surprise on their part. Edited by jenafan
  • Like 1

Questions that I and maybe some of you will ponder over the summer. Was this their first make out session? Who was it initiated by? Was Amy hoping they were going to get a lot farther intimacy wise because it was their 5 year date anniversary? How long did Sheldon have the ring? I don't think he bought it in the timeline of the episode. Was he planning on proposing to Amy through Skype? What was he going to say when she interrupted him, "listen, I've been thinking a lot about relationships and how difficult they can be, and I think...."? What was he going to say??

Apparently I have too much time on my hands. :help:

1. Yes, I believe this was their first makeout session based on Amy's comment that in 5 years all she could get is one.

2. Initiated by a negotiaton from both in honor of their 5th anniversary. Amy probably opened the negotiations.

3. Don't think Amy was expecting sex, but maybe 2nd base.

4. Sheldon got the ring sometime between the Mars episode and their 5th anniversary. He may have been considering the proposal on their 5th anniversary, which helped heighten his mood to continue making out. He felt good about what he was planning.

5. No, I don't think he was going to propose on Skype, but I do think he was going to address her concern about him not being committed to her. I think it would be similar to the conversation he had with Amy in the middle of the night at her door after their fight when she came to work in the lab at his University. He told her how fond he was of her and that no one else but him would put up with her nonsense. Because Sheldon thinks she was in the wrong in killing the mood, I can see a repeat of similar dialogue here.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 3

TMP, what do you think we were talking about if at the end of S8 we have a Lenny happily married and our SHAMY engaged and making out in tag scene, planning their wedding? Beautiful!, :party:   but ,....it  is not the end of the show! :shok:

What about S9 and S10? :dontknow: Cliffhangers are necessary ! =@:)

I think this was their first makeout session too, because of their 5th anniversary.

Don't worry Shamy fans, this break will not last forever.

PS: I'm disappointed because the editors cut off this long kiss, but I'm sure that we'll see more in the future... (Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Mexico).

• Like 6

Off the topic, but I wish next season we could see Sheldon drive to Amy's place, or drive her to a date night on Valentine's day. That would both literally and metaphorically show Sheldon's willingness of actively handling their relationship. 

• Like 4

No, I think it was a combination of things 1)smart marketing because they know that Shamy sell...they are clearly very popular with the fan base; 2) they were really the only couple that even came close to having a pet much less a child, so they were the only couple to reference "starting a family" together; 3) the know that Jim is a big name in the industry right now. Again, good marketing.

As to the turtle, did they really take Giuseppe back home?

No, I think it was a combination of things 1)smart marketing because they know that Shamy sell...they are clearly very popular with the fan base; 2) they were really the only couple that even came close to having a pet much less a child, so they were the only couple to reference "starting a family" together; 3) the know that Jim is a big name in the industry right now. Again, good marketing.

As to the turtle, did they really take Giuseppe back home?

Ignore me. I just rewatch the ep and found out they didn't.

My hand on a Bible. I had a shamy dream. They was on a break and Sheldon trying to win Amy back. Amy was dressing more fashionable and penny (or someone like her) was convincing Amy to get back w Sheldon. It was really weird. I woke up before the ending.: (

• Like 2