[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

Go vote!

Vote for #Shamy as the couple most driven to melt our hearts this season. http://ow.ly/N0jbF  #BigBangTheory

Vote Amy as well: http://www.cbs.com/shows/2015-finales/drive-to-perform/most-driven-to-make-us-laugh/89B32EFA-9E3E-FAAB-72CB-A03ACC9FDCD4/

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 8

And thus.. The Season 8 Shamy thread is starting to die. :(

Sorry I haven't been that active my dears! Ive been working hella hours.. August isn't far away ;)

love x

• Like 7

How can we be sure our vote has been counted for? I've been clicking on it for days and there doesn't seem to have any kind of max.

After discussing with my bf, I had kinda epiphany that want to share here.
Male and female basically speak different language, which means while a man and a woman using the same word doesn't necessarily indicate the same significance.
Out of human nature ( brain structure and function), the females are generally much more skilled in expressing their feelings, and have a much more abundant vocabulary than the males.
As we all know, there's more active female Shamy shippers than male ones in this forum. Ineluctably we have a tendency to interpret Sheldon's words from our own dictionary, which is why I had this discussion with my bf, because I'm trying to comprehend the undermeaning of Sheldon's short sentence, which mostly happened while expressing his feelings to Amy.

First off,according to my bf (and his many other straight guy friends), Pretty,Beautiful = sexually attractive = sexy in Men's dictionary. They only find the female beautiful when they feel sexuality, i.e.when a man tell a woman she's pretty to her face, he is essentially saying she made him sexually aroused. Now let's put this interpretation back into the prom night, when Sheldon said: "I really do think you looked pretty, so much so that I started to panic." He was actually telling Amy she made he extremely aroused, and the mere fact made him panicked, basically Sheldon was experiencing his first sexual arousal,and he had difficulty in processing it. In his explanation to Amy also implied he was afraid his overwhelmed feeling plus the social convention request of "making Whoopie" and his own sex appeal could eventually triggered both their sexual desire, hence he forbid Amy enter his bedroom.

Secondly, when woman show kindness to men, especially toward those geeky ones, because they're not used to have females being nice to them, men tend to think that the woman was being interested in them.
To me, this new information from my bf explained a lot of Sheldon's offending yet confusing remarks toward Amy such as "costant sexting" or " All you want was sex" back in S6 and S7.
What made Sheldon think Amy was pressuring him into having sex with her while all she said was merely suggesting they take a walk? And since when a sincere greeting like "Have a nice day“ was considered sexting?
Well, It's all due to this Brilliant man whose title is Dr.Sheldon Cooper also happened to be extremely awkward and geeky, and his mother warmed him about what could happen when pretty boys being in the big city(he has something the girls want! ) Again let's put the knowledge above into those situation, It seemed Sheldon constantly misinterpreted Amy's goodwill as coaxing him into doing something she want i.e. sex, because after the Zack encounter,he believed she was being horny, hence those snarky comments.

OK, so this is my two cents, care to weigh in,my fellow Shamy shippers?

Edited by mothandfire
  • Like 9

I like what you have written.

First point: That is hot. And it sounds realistic.

Second point: Actually I thougt about this point for myself, and came to another conclusion. Perhaps sex is what appears in HIS mind when thinking about being together with Amy. Or have an nice day. That is hot, too, but unfortunately OOC I think.

Seems as if it's all about sex in MY mind... :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

You should never generalize people, in this case based on gender.

That most men think like that (which isn't proven by just asking your bf imho), doesn't mean it applies to Sheldon, who as we all know isn't like most men.

• Like 1

Well, I have my assumption based on scientific researsh and personal experience, those are just my humble opinion, anybody  could disagree with me , but my intention is not trying to generalize people just out of their gender, but to point out male and female do have different way functioning their brain and system, and that might be where many misinterpretation between our beloved couple coming from.

Edited by mothandfire

Hey guys! I haven't been on here in a while, but now that the season is over ( :icon_cry:) I'll be popping in more.

Just have to mention that I LOVED all the progress Shamy has made in season 8 and I can't wait to see Sheldon get his girl back in s9. 

But for now, off to read some fanfic hehehe...

• Like 4

just a thought here.... 

if they are modelling this show after older ones.... (i mean early '90's) the Shamy might not get back together for at least half a season. But they will still have to interact with each other and try to be normal. it's going to drive them crazy! ( and us) 

i wonder if they are going to go down this path???????????????  :icon_cry:  :sorry:  :cry:

just a thought here.... 

if they are modelling this show after older ones.... (i mean early '90's) the Shamy might not get back together for at least half a season. But they will still have to interact with each other and try to be normal. it's going to drive them crazy! ( and us) 

i wonder if they are going to go down this path???????????????  :icon_cry:  :sorry:  :cry:

It's possible.  It's really hard to say how any of this is going to play out.  What I'm confident of though is that Shamy will end up better than ever when this is all over.

I keep saying that I don't think it will take more than a few episodes because with two seasons left, they still need to get to the makeup, the proposal, marriage and coitus.  That's 48 episodes, with maybe every third or fourth one being Shamy-centered.  Which means they have maybe 12 - 16 episodes to really focus on the Shamy milestones and what leads up to each.  That's just an estimate of course, but despite their popularity, I doubt they're going to turn it into The Shamy Show.  They'll need to also focus on whatever fallout Lenny might experience from the finale, as well as the relationships and plots of the other characters.  This might just be wishful thinking on my part, but I can't see them stretching it out for too long.  Had they done this kind of thing earlier in the series, then maybe.  Also, I don't think Sheldon will be able to hold out that long before going completely nuts.  :laugh:

Having said that, I wouldn't mind a couple of episodes where there is tension between them while they're forced to interact, and both of them realizing just how much they need each other.  I want their reunion to be explosive (maybe in more ways than one ;)).

• Like 9

Well, I have my assumption based on scientific researsh and personal experience, those are just my humble opinion, anybody  could disagree with me , but my intention is not trying to generalize people just out of their gender, but to point out male and female do have different way functioning their brain and system, and that might be where many misinterpretation between our beloved couple coming from.

I do agree.

I've been struggling with someone (as explained in a different three on here) because I was just not understanding his mindset.

I do now. He was just not into me - sounds cliche right? Well, it is the sad truth that he wasn't.

Since then I have allowed myself to conduct a little social studies experiment (Sheldon and Amy would be so into it as they were with the gossip thing, I am sure!) and from every men I have dealt with since being single ...

Those that express that you've lovely, hot, "something to look" at, you have a nice body yada yada yada ... they are all more or less interested and it depends on your reaction to follow up on that.

Secondly, and this one is something I struggle with: Men want to hunt. Even the most shy, most humble men do. In their own way. They wanna do it when they're ready tho and sometimes the women has already moved on. But, if a men is truly interested, he will stick around and make his intentions known.

I do agree to not generalize all people based on just the gender. But those observations I am making at the moment do tend to prove my points. Conduct your own studies, ladies. It's interesting.

On another note...

I was binge watching TBBT before sleep and I came across the episode where the girls ditch work and go to Disneyland.

Here is Amy at the end, lying on the couch, as pretty as can be - and she is Snow White, mentioning that all she needs is a little kiss ...

"Heard you the first time ..."

And Sheldon typing away on his computer.

When you do re-watch the episodes ... there is a build up towards the end of season 8, clearly during season 6 and 7 that leads to the point where Amy gets too tired of being around for what feels nothing to her.

He has been a mean little *** and if you watch those scenes you will see that. Of course, first time you saw them, they must have been hilarious. I agree, because they were hilarious to me. In hindsight I should have been more sympathetic toward Amy. Sheldon is a handful after all.

I am grateful for his growth in the last episode of season 8, though.

He will get things, I am sure. Slowly, but he is going to understand how he has hurt her and hurt himself, too.

In a way, as mentioned in here before, he already does when he says "strongly disagree, but go on.." - his attempt to maintain control of the situation but then he lets her explain herself.

Edited by Dannii
  • Like 4

I definitely agree that when Sheldon said she looked pretty and then panicked at prom, it was because he was having a sexual reaction toward her. It was the first time he had seen that much of her skin (cleavage, anyone?) and his friends had teased him about the expectation of sex on prom night, which not only scared him, but which, I believe, he knew his body was ready for. He also admitted that night, whether under the guise of being an alien or not, that he has urges. It was a lot for him to take in. But yet, he kept moving forward with her all season, and he bought a RING of all things, knowing full well that as a married man he would be expected to have sex with Amy. Foreplay indeed, Dr. Cooper. The fact that he was able to touch her comfortably during their makeout and then leaned back in for more makes me think he's right there, dangling over the edge and just about ready to take the plunge. Will he admit this to Amy finally, in light of her reevaluation of their relationship?

• Like 9

I wouldn't mind that much if they were on break (see no broken up) for half a season. I would prefer something around five episodes, but even that wouldn't be so much worse for me. I think we all were shaken after that "I'm taking some time" words, but the more I think of it, the more I really see what an amazing opportunity  could lay in front of us. 

Here are some folks who would like romantic gesture from Sheldon? That could happen. Maybe you like to see  "I'm a God " Sheldon doubting himself because her? That could happen as well. Someone wrote here the scenario of Sheldon and Amy forcing their friends to do activities they did together to do with them - driving them crazy...how fun would be that? Or they could just making up ridiculous excuses to run into each other "coincidentally" ? Or maybe we would found out that they are meeting in secret because they were too ashamed to admit their friends they couldn't spend even a day apart? There's so much interesting outcomes, if we'll keep an open mind. 

Do I like this couple happy, just having fun together? Most of all. But I also welcome the opportunity (even while it will sounds a little masochistic) to see them on their worst. There was always something outstanding in them when they were in melancholy , like love spell, Sheldon's late night visit to Amy's or their dialogue through the doors at the prom. When they are sad, insecure, it's always so, soo incredibly touching. Mayim's and Jim's handle on those scenes is just amazing.There might  be longing, crazy actions and silly arguments but we know  they will come back to each other, and there could be finally that serious grown up discussion and such a sweet moment of their reunion that we would have something to talk about here for weeks. 

So no, I want them to milk this cow dry and gave us the moments we will probably not have another chance to have. My way worse fear now is return of S7 opening, two sentences, problem solved, something what would made it just a cheesy cliffhanger. I hope writers will give this plot the chance, I think it deserves. 

Edited by tallin
  • Like 3

I don't post much on here but......I've decided something which is huge.....I'm going spoiler free for season 9! The whole of season 9.  :icon_eek:

Yep, my spoiler days are over (Well we'll see how this goes I'm quitting cold turkey :heat: ) 

So I guess this is goodbye to all you spoiler shamies and time to go make friends with the unspoiled shamies.

I hope I can do it and that I can enjoy the show even more not knowing what happens.

I might be back because I need my spoilers :icon_cry: but I'll give myself a chance! 

Bye bye  :bye:

It will be interesting to see Sheldon admit he has urges, I think, because it's a side we haven't seen before. This plot could be resolved in episode one quite easily if Sheldon visits Amy and explains to her exactly how he is feeling about her emotionally and physically.

The whole reason why Amy is so upset is because she feels like Sheldon doesn't want to commit to her and that she loves him far more than he loves her. Once these points are clarified they can move forward. The writers don't need to stretch this out for too long.
But the Lenny plot, I believe, will be dragged out. For that couple, trust has been broken, and that's not something that can be repaired as quickly as the issues in Shamy's relationship.

• Like 6