[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

I really think they are plotting Shamy seeds this season..

I do kind of feel like we had an amazing build up in at the end of season 7, and from that they have taken a step back again and starting another build up.

yes...I feel in just these first 4 episodes a bunch of "seeds" have been planted for bigger more emotional Shamy throughout Season 8 (hopefully with our ILY of some sort coming)....not to say there won't be bumps but I've think is been made pretty clear that his journey did do some good for their relationship as of recently. 

• Like 6

yes...I feel in just these first 4 episodes a bunch of "seeds" have been planted for bigger more emotional Shamy throughout Season 8 (hopefully with our ILY of some sort coming)....not to say there won't be bumps but I've think is been made pretty clear that his journey did do some good for their relationship as of recently.

It's the classic two steps forward 1 step back. Currently we are on the step back. But with some added seeds!

We know they are still kissing, and in front of Leonard? Help...

The more I think about Leonard's comment, the more I feel certain they have kissed in front of him (probably at the end of the double date).  Everyone in the group has seen them hold hands - at the movies it's required as part of the RA, so Leonard's comment about having seen them do it and it's not romantic can only mean their kissing.  While I would love to see the Lenny reaction to their first public kiss, I'm happy that they are, in fact, still kissing and ok doing it in front of Lenny. 

• Like 1

I can't speak for Kaz, but I think she meant that they were building things up towards the end of S7 and then Sheldon took off. Now, they seem to be starting to building it up again.

Oh right, I agree. 7x23 and 24 were huge step backs. I thought she meant this beginning of season. The thing that worries me is that they usually start the seasons on a high but then when it gets to the very end something just seems to go and suddenly all that build up leads nowhere. I hope this is not going to be the case this year, but that's the main reason I'm cautious about getting too excited (although 8x02 and 8x03 are very very exciting to me).

@Marina: I know!!! That's why I'm excitedly nervous (or nervously excited) about what's coming, because their next step is not as predictable as it was last year. But this could also be a "filler" season where Shamy maintain their status quo. I hope not, I would honestly like to put the sex/frustration jokes to bed once and for all. Not in the sense that I want sex to happen, but in the sense of them finding some level of understanding where Amy has some more certainties about Sheldon's feelings on the matter than "it's a possibility" and Sheldon stops feeling so pressured or kicking back. It's time the writers put the "deal" mystery to rest even if it's in the form of verbal admission of attraction or some other non-physical evidence.

• Like 4

When Sheldon said: "If I had a wife, Or a fiancé" I did kind of die.

Its also interesting that sex is still on Amy's mind.. 

We are only in episode 4 and already we have had a lot of comments the shamy relationship... Its going to be an interesting season.

just wanted to say thanks for the taping report... i'm picturing  some of the scenes in my imagination a little differently  ( as noted from my previous post). also, great pic with Kevin :) 

• Like 1

I also don't get where the step back is. I'm seeing some promising stuff in these first few eps. Granted, these writers don't plan ahead so they could see a new shiny object and forget everything about Sheldon bragging about their relationship or not wanting Amy to think less of him or have him whine about kissing as he does with handholding, so I'm not going to bet my internal organs on anything. But I'm seeing some rather important emotional commitment from Sheldon here.

The only thing that made me roll my eyes in this ep is the recycled, old, boring jokes about Sheldon wanting a doctor to look at his ass (how many times have they used this joke by now? And it was almost identical to the one they gave him when he first met Emily) and Amy's template reaction to it, which just strikes me of lazy writing just to fill some space. But other than that it was good.

Next joke: 10 minutes with him and she gets to see his butt. 4 years with me and I get nothing.

They could make it a joke per anniversary

Why would sheldon know so much about Yorkshire and Cornwall? He's never travelled to Britain. Wouldn't those subjects fall under the humanities?

Of course it does give him the chance to show off some knowledge that might impress a girl who loves chaucer and downton abbey. Physics sure doesn't impress her.

• Like 3

There are so many stories to tell about Shamy that are not just about coitus/marriage (even though I'd love to see them have coitus eventually. I'm more on the fence about marriage, but that's just me, and it would totally make more sense for them to actually get married. I mean, a ceremony that socially celebrates and validates their love for binding contracts and romantic bureaucracy? Come on, they'll be all over it!), that I'm actually glad to see they seem to be taking their time.

The thing about Shamy not being a traditional ship is that the writers can go places most shows never go to. In comparison to Leonard/Penny, which is about the most classic, cliché sitcom ship there is (the will they won't they of two Opposites Attract has been done to death, lbr), Shamy is a literal goldmine of untold stories. Just the way the ship has been paced since day one shows that - what TV couple has been together for four years and kissed only four times on screen?

And I'm very excited about these surprising steps, even more than I am about coitus (don't think I'm not excited for it though! I'll probably be screaming from the rooftops when it happens).

Whatever comes next is going to be a real surprise, even if it's a more "traditional" milestone like an I love you or coitus as, in this point in time, anything is possible for the Shamy. Last year, it was obvious that the next step would be a kiss, but now, it's all just a big, mysterious ride. And I'm ready to love every moment of it, so, writers - I'm counting on you not to screw up again! ;)

I agree with all of this! I think the writers need to be smart here and use this opportunity wisely. The Shamy has so many opportunities ahead if them, I'm just excited for the ride to come!

Why would sheldon know so much about Yorkshire and Cornwall? He's never travelled to Britain. Wouldn't those subjects fall under the humanities?

Of course it does give him the chance to show off some knowledge that might impress a girl who loves chaucer and downton abbey. Physics sure doesn't impress her.

"Oh, The Humanities!"

The Benefactor Factor, Season 4, Ep 15

Sheldon's horror as Amy tried to Skype talk him into going to the fundraiser; if he didn't go, money destined for the sciences could end up going to other academic departments.  :)

• Like 1

When I was reading the report to the part that Leonard saw Shamy kissing I was like "OMG, they kissed regularly in front of their friends", I'm glad I was not the only one fangirling about that scene. 

Leonard might think their date night's kisses are not romantic but I think they are in their own way (and the train kiss was really hot he should have seen that one LOL). 

I'm okay with Sheldon thinking his relationship with Amy is not romantic because he doesn't like romance, although when he presented RA to Amy and she said it's so romantic, he did reply that "mutual indemnification always is" or he didn't deny when the psychic referred to his as a romantic relationship.

I melted with that "If I had a wife" too, he always asks Amy's opinion and this time expected (or forced) her to be enthusiastic about it, that's so cute. 

Thank you Kazzie for your taping report and I'm happy for you that Kevin took a selfie with you :) (I'm also very jealous). 

• Like 6