[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

They have never both been drunk at the same time, so I think drunk flirting would be really cute. (But just flirting, nothing more.) They are both "in their heads" so much that loosening up and being silly would be so much fun. Maybe at Lenny's engagement party, if they have one?

• Like 8

yeeees, i would hate if they did more whilst drunk, so simple flirting whilst intoxicated is perfect :')

also, imagine if amy caught penny's bouquet~

Actually what I picture the most, and most want out of a scene where they'd be drunk together is for them to descend into mutual giggling fits. It would be funny and cute as hell
  • Like 5

Ahh, herb garden!!  I would like to scenes more reminiscent of that that somehow show progression to a point of intimacy and comfort that only Shamy understands. I think it can be done.

And Koops!! Thank you for posting their dance scene.  This is exactly what I want to see at the Lenny wedding (and everyone looking on with mouths agape). 

That being said, they could start out trying to slow dance in the traditional manner but both somewhat stiff and awkward then both decide "Nah, not for us" and dance as only Shamy can. 

I just want TPTB to keep this couple unique and quirky while advancing them.  Get rid of the push/pull; or one step forward and X amount of steps back.

• Like 4

i already said this in the wishlist topic but i reeeally want amy to be "aunt amy" to missy's son. can you imagine missy saying "here, let aunt amy hold you" to her son?

i think i'd die from drowning in my own happy tears.

I watched Herb Garden yesterday, that episode is perfect!

"I have to say, Amy, pretending to have intercourse with you has given me a great deal of satisfaction."

"Hold on, Sheldon, I'm not quite there yet".

oh the irony

• Like 5

oh the irony

yeah, but don't speak too soon. We never know if the balance will change again. We had many theories on this thread where Amy realises what intimacy really is and kind of slow down (while Sheldon just want to kiss more and more lol) That would be real Irony, double irony.

Edited by Redrose
  • Like 2

yeah, but don't speak too soon. We never know if the balance will change again. We had many theories on this thread where Amy realises what intimacy really is and kind of slow down (while Sheldon just want to kiss more and more lol) That would be real Irony, double irony.

yeah, i read those theories. i wonder if the writers would go for them though. i think maybe yes, but not any time soon. i'd say when they are closer and closer to having sex, then suddenly the tables might turn. right now, i think the writers like the idea of amy dragging sheldon along in this relationship. if sheldon dragged amy along, it wouldn't take as much work i think, simply because sheldon seems like a lot more work than amy, as he's generally more stubborn and less open to change.

• Like 1

I read something from the Mentalist page on my fb timeline. It said check it out to see if Jisbon kiss beat the Shamy. I am experiencing contradictory feels cause I am sad that Shamy lost but happy that Jisbon won and then guilty towards Shamy cause I am happy about Jisbon and so on. Oh what a vicious circle that is!! :(

Going back to the non-traditional flirting for Shamy, the first thing I thought of that I would LOVE to see is Amy talking "dirty" to Sheldon, which would basically be Amy talking to him deeply about science and Sheldon finding that incredibly sexy. TheShamyShipper had this in her fic, "Chaos Theory Substantiation" which I know many of you have read. To me, that would be the kinda flirting I'd see happening for Shamy. I don't think they're there quite yet though, it might take some time before they're comfortable with that kinda talk.

But how awesome would this be?

"Sheldon, everyone knows in quantum mechanics, the uncertainty principle is any of a variety of mathematical inequalities asserting a fundamental limit to the precision with which certain pairs of physical properties of a particle known as complementary variables"

"I love when you talk physics to me, Amy"

Yeeeeees :icon_lol:

"Tell me more, Doctor..."

• Like 2

I read something from the Mentalist page on my fb timeline. It said check it out to see if Jisbon kiss beat the Shamy. I am experiencing contradictory feels cause I am sad that Shamy lost but happy that Jisbon won and then guilty towards Shamy cause I am happy about Jisbon and so on. Oh what a vicious circle that is!! :(

Jane and Lisbon kiss?? Were behind here in Nz. Those kinda polls are silly though, just using fandoms for hits and traffic but i degress. Just a point on Shamy. Considering when we first met Amy she was like Sheldons equal. Robotic e.t.c. Female version of Sheldon. But she progressed and wants a romance in their relationship. Shes no longer as awkward and robotic. Whats Sheldons excuse? Sure hes progressed, and i think he is capable of being romantic and being at least a solid bf. But point is hes not really stepping up unless he has a reason too. Fundamentally Shamy is a tradanitional boy/girl paradaigm relationship. So i think quirks and all, Shamys unique because 1. They are both newbies, and are really adolescents at relationships. And dont have any previous exp to fall back on. And 2. Personality wise they are individually unique. So its really the characters not the relationship component thats unique. I say this because i do miss the Shamy that are equals and are on the same team like Herb Garden. So good too see more eps like that, without Romance complicating things (Yes Rachel i know they are in a romantic relationship ;)). Taping Reports look promising for them though.

• Like 3

Jane and Lisbon kiss?? Were behind here in Nz. Those kinda polls are silly though, just using fandoms for hits and traffic but i degress.

Oops sorry for the spoiler!! Anyway you're right these polls are kinda silly but it was interesting that Shamy and Jisbon was so close the whole time. I do think these two moments were highly anticipated.

I think the difference between Sheldon and Amy is that Amy did want all of the relationship/friendship things that go with growing up.  But, because she was so sheltered by her mother and teased and bullied throughout her formative years, she built a wall around her heart and head.  Once she had a taste of friendship and social norms through the gang she started to embrace that much easier than Sheldon.  She was finally being accepted.  From my perspective, Sheldon was always closed off and had that superiority complex he still exhibits today.  He never wanted any of what the rest of the group had, he always thought he was better than them, Homo Novus.  So, it makes sense to me that Amy is the one that has to drag Sheldon forward, even though she has a skewed perception of what real intimacy is.  While, Sheldon, surprisingly, does know what's involved.

• Like 8

I think the difference between Sheldon and Amy is that Amy did want all of the relationship/friendship things that go with growing up.  But, because she was so sheltered by her mother and teased and bullied throughout her formative years, she built a wall around her heart and head.  Once she had a taste of friendship and social norms through the gang she started to embrace that much easier than Sheldon.  She was finally being accepted.  From my perspective, Sheldon was always closed off and had that superiority complex he still exhibits today.  He never wanted any of what the rest of the group had, he always thought he was better than them, Homo Novus.  So, it makes sense to me that Amy is the one that has to drag Sheldon forward, even though she has a skewed perception of what real intimacy is.  While, Sheldon, surprisingly, does know what's involved.

if i could like this post over and over again, i would. i agree completely, i always wondered how amy's mother had such an impact on her, the things she says and does, and how even her mother wanting amy to get a boyfriend, she was very much controlled by her mother. but now she's embracing being herself, her quirky self, and exploring who she is. it's fascinating to watch.

• Like 2

Oh Sheldon acts clueless, but i think he knows more about intimacy then he lets on. He selectively chooses to do so when its convinient, or if he has a reason too. Like when Stuart and Amy were dating. He was forced into action. Or Love Spell S6 "What we have to me, is very intimate". So despite all his anti-social pre-disposistions, social issues etc. I dont think it makes him anxious, or hes uncapable. Hes prooven he can be when he wants to be, unfortunatley when hes meet with pressure or change he looks for an escape, maybe he hasent learnt to fully trust Amy or his own emotions yet. I do agree Sheldon was sheltered in his adolescent,and formulative years, so i see the difference between Sheldon and Amy their. But like i said Sheldons prooven hes capable of changing fundamentally, without changing his core to much. Amy is perfect for Sheldon tho, shes the only one who wld put up with him haha. I also think she understands him more then anyone. I think Shamy hv a deep connection like Lenny, but Shamy just need to work on trust and communication, but like i said Taping Reports look very promising.

• Like 4

This is probably totally off topic from whatever discussion is going on, because I haven't had time yet to catch up on this thread and I'm sneaking in while at work, but

here goes.

I was watching TBS reruns (of course!!) yesterday and in the S6 opener, where they go to the movies and Amy insists on holding Sheldon's hand, I was loving that Sheldon and Amy were kind of having their own cocooned conversation over on the end of the group.  It was very couple-y and very separate from the gang.  They're sitting there, holding hands, talking about Leonard and Penny maybe breaking up, talking about fish with tools on their noses, and even though Sheldon was supposedly complaining about the handholding, he was still complying, and they were not really watching the movie, at least not that closely while they had their conversation--with Sheldon even shutting "Fake Wolowitz" down for interrupting "the movie".

I just loved that scene. :)

Okay, now back to your regularly scheduled Shamy conversation. :)

With Sheldon it is always a case of the gentlemen doth protests too much. He acts like he does not like things but I think deep down he does not mind them. I was watching the Launch Acceleration today and I just love that episode. Sheldon acts like he hates the way Amy is changing his feelings for her but the way he looks at her in that Star Trek outfit says it all. He is absolutely enthralled by her and despite what he might say he likes it.

Phanta I love the episode you mentioned too and I always find it worthy to note that she did not start making him hold hands until he held hers first in the Countdown Reflection. Any never asks him to anything that he did not start himself first.

• Like 3

I don't agree, I also think Amy always desired to be social. We know she wanted to join Girl Scouts and wasn't allowed. I hope more aspects like this are brought up from Amy's childhood. Amy is awkward is social setting do to being sheltered.  That makes sense though, as being social is something that is learned, and it sounds like she never got the opportunity to. Now that she is, she is still needing to learn as she goes. She tries though..  

As far as being physical, I believe that is apart of learning as you go as well. The more comfortable you are and the more you find you enjoy something, the more you are willing to dive into that aspect.  I think within this group of ppl, she is comfortable. She expresses personal desires with them, her hopes, dislikes, and worries. She needs to be able to do that with Sheldon, but knowing his views she worries about his reaction.

Sheldon has a bias against being physical. I think that was shown in the beginning of the Locomotive Manipulation.

" I feel like hugging you"

Starts doing breathing exercises

" Ok we're good!"

Amy might have thought this way at one time, but that is a feeling I do not believe she relates to any longer. 

• Like 1

I don't agree, I also think Amy always desired to be social. We know she wanted to join Girl Scouts and wasn't allowed. I hope more aspects like this are brought up from Amy's childhood. Amy is awkward is social setting do to being sheltered. That makes sense though, as being social is something that is learned, and it sounds like she never got the opportunity to. Now that she is, she is still needing to learn as she goes. She tries though..

As far as being physical, I believe that is apart of learning as you go as well. The more comfortable you are and the more you find you enjoy something, the more you are willing to dive into that aspect. I think within this group of ppl, she is comfortable. She expresses personal desires with them, her hopes, dislikes, and worries. She needs to be able to do that with Sheldon, but knowing his views she worries about his reaction.

Sheldon has a bias against being physical. I think that was shown in the beginning of the Locomotive Manipulation.

" I feel like hugging you"

Starts doing breathing exercises

" Ok we're good!"

Amy might have thought this way at one time, but that is a feeling I do not believe she relates to any longer.

That's what I meant. That she genuinely believed those things back in the day but she doesn't any longer. It's were she shows more maturity than Sheldon and less need to project a certain image to people than Sheldon does. She's able to change her mind and as long as she's happy, she doesn't care how people see her. Whereas to Sheldon the most important thing is to project a persona of superiority to others, to the point of denial. It's funny because people always say Amy was the one in denial all along when it's clear to me that she never was, and Sheldon is the one who is. Not even much about Amy, because he's changed and shrugs off jabs about it ("Grow up, Leonard!" or not having an issue kissing her in public), but about his strong need and dependence on his friends. Amy is the one who craves her friendships but would be totally capable of being on her own, whereas Sheldon is the one who tries to keep people at a distance but can't really function without them.

Also, friendships and relationships are two different things though. Amy might have wanted to have friends, and that is pretty obvious from her stories, but as far as romance or physical contact goes, she was very clear about her opinions when she first joined and I do think that while she's comfortable being physical with people she knows, she wouldn't go breaking people's noses if she didn't have any issues with it at all. Obviously she doesn't have all the issues Sheldon has, she's not hypochondriac, she's not OCD, she isn't adverse to change, she's much more rational than Sheldon, and that makes it a lot easier for her to experience new things and embrace them.

• Like 7