Of course they are endgame, I don't think any Shamy Shipper doubts that.

But it's not just about how it ends, it's also about how they get there.

Do you really look forward to Sheldon keep making comments like this to/about Amy?

I don't.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We didn't. 

Sheldon went home that night, counted out 56 fava beans into a bowl, sized it up and said, "all right, Dr. Fowler, we can work with that."

Just one question, when are these two gonna make out? I mean look at the love.  

Posted Images

Of course they are endgame, I don't think any Shamy Shipper doubts that.

But it's not just about how it ends, it's also about how they get there.

Do you really look forward to Sheldon keep making comments like this to/about Amy?

I don't.

Exactly!! Thank you Chiany! It's not the destination of the trip but also the trip itself.

And who in the hell in the writers room thought that resurrecting "creepy Amy" who is constantly making a pass at Penny was a good idea needs to be fired IMMEDIATELY!! It was A LITTLE funny before she became Sheldon's girlfriend but now, 3 years into a relationship with him and out of the blue like that....kill Creepy Amy once and for all please!!!

• Like 2

I don't know, I love bicurious Amy. And her creepiness and weirdness, ect. It's like, you know she loves Sheldon, but she's also sexually frustrated; and I think she finds an outlet of that from Penny, so she flirts with her. Also, Amy still lacks some social skills that we would call "inappropriate", so the flirting thing kinda makes sense. She's infatuated with her best friend, but that doesn't mean she doesn't love Sheldon, or isn't infatuated by him. But I think if she used all her flirting energy on Sheldon, he'd bolt, and she damn well knows that.

Edited by JourneyIntoShamy
  • Like 2

Glad I wasn't the only one who didn't mind the return of the Amy "crush" on Penny. To me, it wasn't as overtly creepy as it was in the past. She is just enjoying having a beautiful friend in her life, and doesn't know how to express it appropriately. 

• Like 3

I don't know, I love bicurious Amy. And her creepiness and weirdness, ect. It's like, you know she loves Sheldon, but she's also sexually frustrated; and I think she finds an outlet of that from Penny, so she flirts with her. Also, Amy still lacks some social skills that we would call "inappropriate", so the flirting thing kinda makes sense. She's infatuated with her best friend, but that doesn't mean she doesn't love Sheldon, or isn't infatuated by him. But I think if she used all her flirting energy on Sheldon, he'd bolt, and she damn well knows that.

Glad I wasn't the only one who didn't mind the return of the Amy "crush" on Penny. To me, it wasn't as overtly creepy as it was in the past. She is just enjoying having a beautiful friend in her life, and doesn't know how to express it appropriately. 

I didn't have a problem with that in the earlier (Amy wise) season(s).

But now it came out of nowhere, and the way she stroked Penny's face wasn't so much as a "Lesbian" thing, but more a creepy (not in a good way) adoration mode.

To me Amy has had her expirimentation phase of life in s4/s5 (trying things out with girlfriends, to moving on to have a boyfriend), I don't get why they tried (and failed) to bring that back?

There are many ways they can show off Quirky Amy (who I do love), like they did last season for example with that comment about Penny dying.

Amy: Maybe you’ll get hit by a car and die. LOL, right?

If we could see more of that Amy, I would applaud.

• Like 1

I do get what you mean how it was out of the blue a bit, but I still liked it.

I felt like Amy last year had lost some of that zaniness that made us fall in love with her in the first place? She seemed more, I don't know, "normal" last year. I like that they're adding in stuff like this again, as well as the "Can I get a what what?" and other things that are reminding us that Amy is a weirdo, creepy flirting included.

But it's okay that you didn't like it. It did feel a bit out of place, that's why it's inappropriate!Amy :)

• Like 3

I don't really understand, why so many are so upset about Sheldon's comments in the last episode. He just said that they aren't in a romantic relationship. That's hardly news. The man despises anything remotely "romantic". I actually saw it as a continuance of the episode before. He thinks that their relationship is superior not only but also because they don't depend on romance.

Sheldon isn't the only one in this relationship!

Let me quote Amy:

Amy: It’s Valentine’s Day. We’re supposed to be having a romantic weekend.

Sheldon: Oh, really? Because I remember you saying that this trip was going to be something we could both enjoy. Did you mean that, or were you just trying to trick me?

Amy: Fine, it’s true. I deserve romance, and I didn’t know how else to make it happen.

I'm optimistic too because obviously the writers are gonna write what may appear as setbacks, because that's how writing works.

If Ross and Rachel had a happy relationship with absolute no jerky or bad moments, would the viewers have remained interested in their relationship for as long as they did? Nooo.

If Sheldon was immediately a lovely boyfriend, wouldn't people go "hang on a minute... Sheldon's being nice??" Just like with their relationship, they have to build slowly with any changes.
So, one episode, Sheldon may view their relationship as romantic, the other he may not. It's plot-holes, more than anything, but it's also a way to keep the relationship going slowly as possible.

Like a car and a destination. If it's smooth sailing, the car's gonna get to its destination more quickly. If there's a few obstacles, and the car has to reverse every now and then, the journey will take longer.

I have been a big shipper of a non-canon couple before, and that is heartache. True heartache.
You've got to remember: Sheldon and Amy are making progress. Sometimes it looks like the progress has stopped or taken a step back, but then it'll keep moving again, because Sheldon and Amy are a canon couple, and the writers aren't ever gonna break 'em up (unless for a plot point, which I don't see happening) because they can't do without each other now, can they? Sheldon is in too deep, too emotionally involved (at least, from Sheldon's perspective) and Amy is too. If they broke 'em up, then what? Sheldon would have this huge void in his life. Things would never be the same again. Again, Amy too. They both love each other - to me, that is obvious, but any setback is a writing technique.

Shamy are canon. Shamy are endgame.

Positive thoughts: Progress is never gonna happen quickly or easily with these two, but progress will happen. You mark my words.

• Like 4

I do get what you mean how it was out of the blue a bit, but I still liked it.

I felt like Amy last year had lost some of that zaniness that made us fall in love with her in the first place? She seemed more, I don't know, "normal" last year. I like that they're adding in stuff like this again, as well as the "Can I get a what what?" and other things that are reminding us that Amy is a weirdo, creepy flirting included.

But it's okay that you didn't like it. It did feel a bit out of place, that's why it's inappropriate!Amy :)

I one hundred percent agree with this. Amy really was "normalized" last season. She was strictly used as a supporting character, rather than ever being the one to really drive the action of the story. That's why I'm really glad she finally had a story of her own in The Junior Professor Solution. It was cute and silly, reminded me of how she behaved in The Wildebeest Implementation from Season 4 with all the pseudo-high school clique behavior.

If anything, Amy was flat-out bitchy (for lack of a better word) to Penny last season by reputing her logic or straight up insulting her, which I didn't like at all. I can't really think of a quote or scene off the top of my head, forgive me. The only one that comes to mind is when Amy pointed out to Penny that she made Leonard take off his Wookie jacket or whatever, and Penny said something like, "I'm not going to go to the mall with someone dressed up like a dumb space bear."

Now, I'll be honest, I could go either way on creepy, bi-curious Amy (pun intended, I suppose, haha). It's the quirkiness that I love, but at the same time, it did seem like she naturally grew out of her "crush" on Penny, so it is kind of weird that it's back. The way I see it, though, is that, while Amy's character has grown substantially, it just goes to show how socially inept she still is, and that's one of the reasons why I love her character. I find it endearing, because I just really missed that weirdness from her, which we didn't really see last season. I guess the writers are trying to find a new balance for her. We'll see what happens as this season progresses.

On a totally random and unrelated note (although, related in the sense that it applies to Shamy, since this is a Shamy thread), I'm dying for another Shamy kiss. An ON-SCREEN Shamy kiss, obviously. Like, seriously. Just one. Or two. Or three... (But I'll take what I can get, haha. ;))

• Like 3

I do feel like the more sexually-frustrated Amy gets, the more the creepy flirting will happen, because maybe one day, we'll get an episode where Amy takes a little of her sexual frustration out on Sheldon (not sex, just something else) and if he responds well, I think the creepy-Penny-crushing may subside.

Who knows? I love bi-curious Amy, I feel like that's part of who she is, and not just a "young people experiment!" sort of thing. Last season, she wasn't really herself, so it makes sense that the crushing didn't happen last season. In terms of characterization, I didn't like Season 7 Amy, so I'm gonna pretend it didn't really happen. She just seemed mopey last season.

Anyway, who knows? She may always have bisexual tendencies, but you can bet she'll always be infatuated with Sheldon.

First of all, that was SHELDON, not Amy who said she made leonard go to the mall and being a dumb space bear!! Second, I don't mind quirky Amy, high school immature Amy or whatever. But I can't stand Creepy Amy who acts like she has a secret crush/love obsession with Penny, especially when she's been in a relationship of THREE YEARS with Sheldon.

Also, a lot of people complained about lesbian Amy when she was supposed to be a girlfriend for sheldon. Can't have her want both. Pick one, they did, now they need to stick with it instead of back pedaling!

• Like 1

Sheldon would not respond well to Amy's sexual frustration, maybe she knows that, and takes it out on Penny.

But anyway, she can crush on someone whilst dating Sheldon. People do that all the time.

"I'm married, but oof, I wouldn't kick George Clooney outta bed!" - like, how many people have said stuff like this?
I mean, I haven't, I'm asexual, but it's not unheard of to compliment, or creepily flatter someone, when you already have a significant other.

The way I see it is this: 1/ It's just sexual frustration. 2/ Amy probably thinks she's complimenting Penny, even if it is creepy. 3/ It doesn't mean she doesn't love Sheldon any less. She just understands that if she flirted with Sheldon the way she does with Penny, he would not like that. Or maybe he would, but we've not seen that yet.

All I can say in regards to Amy so far this season is that she seems back to her quirky, happy, self which is what we all wanted after last season.  She's hanging with the girls more, smiling more, etc

I think what she gained from Sheldon's trip is to not be so reliant on him for her happiness (and we've seen this).

Now, the bi-curious stuff with Penny is all in good fun.  Doesn't bother me.  Its all in innocent fun.  Nothing would ever become of it. 

• Like 7

All I can say in regards to Amy so far this season is that she seems back to her quirky, happy, self which is what we all wanted after last season.  She's hanging with the girls more, smiling more, etc

I think what she gained from Sheldon's trip is to not be so reliant on him for her happiness (and we've seen this).

Now, the bi-curious stuff with Penny is all in good fun.  Doesn't bother me.  Its all in innocent fun.  Nothing would ever become of it. 

Exactly :)

I've heard some people complaining lately that tv just doesn't know how to handle bisexuals characters without either "assigning" a sexual preference (as if bisexuality is just a temporary state of confusion) or poking fun as if they're some kind of oversexed creature who will sleep with anything with 2 legs. I think it's perfectly ok for amy to be bi and be fully and faithfully in love with Sheldon.

Edited by Tomasina
  • Like 1

I've heard some people complaining lately that tv just doesn't know how to handle bisexuals characters without either "assigning" a sexual preference (as if bisexuality is just a temporary state of confusion) or poking fun as if they're some kind of oversexed creature who will sleep with anything with 2 legs. I think it's perfectly ok for amy to be bi and be fully and faithfully in love with Sheldon.

I agree 100%

There's so much misconceptions people have about bisexuals, if we can assume Amy is that. It doesn't take away who the person is, doesn't make them greedy, and it won't make them be like "well I love this person, but I wanna have sex with that person instead" because that's not what bisexuality is, and Amy would never do that.

Cheating on someone is not bisexuality. That's just an awful person that would cheat, and Amy's good.

Even so, bisexual, grey-ace, bicurious, sapiosexual... whatever Amy is, it won't take away the fact that she is in love with Sheldon and wants to be with him only.

Unless she's polyamorous. If that's the case, she would have to talk to Sheldon about that, because that's what any healthy relationship should have: communication. But from what I can gather, she is not polyamorous. From what I gather, she is bicurious / sapiosexual, and that's okay.

This creepy flirting with Penny? It'll pass. If it doesn't, she's come to understand her limitations, and learn more about social behavior, so to know what it deemed as appropriate. The creepy flirting will lesson over time if the writers will do right by her character.

Edited by JourneyIntoShamy

Note: This post does NOT contain spoilers.

I spent way too much time reading the posts that I can view (the posts up until the taping of episode 5 on September 23rd) this week in the Shamy Spoilers thread. Now I can't stop thinking about when a Shamy I love you will happen, when they will live together, and when we will see more kisses. A lot of people think we will see a Shamy kiss in November sweeps and I hope they are right. I kind of want the kiss to be in front of everyone. I know we learned in the last episode that they have already kissed in front of Leonard, but I still want to see them onscreen do a kiss in front of everyone.

Also what do you think will happen first, the I love you or living together? I can honestly see it going both ways. I like the idea of Sheldon telling her that he loves her and he wants to live with her, but I also like the idea of him living with her for awhile and then telling her that he loves her. I don't see either one of these things happening before at the very least February sweeps. But that doesn't stop me going crazy thinking about how it will be done. :shy:

• Like 3

Note: This post does NOT contain spoilers.

I spent way too much time reading the posts that I can view (the posts up until the taping of episode 5 on September 23rd) this week in the Shamy Spoilers thread. Now I can't stop thinking about when a Shamy I love you will happen, when they will live together, and when we will see more kisses. A lot of people think we will see a Shamy kiss in November sweeps and I hope they are right. I kind of want the kiss to be in front of everyone. I know we learned in the last episode that they have already kissed in front of Leonard, but I still want to see them onscreen do a kiss in front of everyone.

Also what do you think will happen first, the I love you or living together? I can honestly see it going both ways. I like the idea of Sheldon telling her that he loves her and he wants to live with her, but I also like the idea of him living with her for awhile and then telling her that he loves her. I don't see either one of these things happening before at the very least February sweeps. But that doesn't stop me going crazy thinking about how it will be done. :shy:

In my mind (it's dark and scary place, do NOT go there) it's a 100% sure Shamy will live together before we will get an ILY from either. I know Amy has already said she loved him (in the episode with the letter from Howard's father), but Sheldon wasn't in the room at that moment.

I actually think Sheldon will be the one to say it first, but maybe let it slip out.

I picture it going something like this:

Sheldon and Amy have been living together for some time (months at least) and most likely Penny will ask how it's going.

Sheldon will first make some Sheldonesc explanation that makes Penny sigh, but than he'll say something like "I love living with Amy".

Obviously Penny can't let it end there.

"So does that mean that you..."

"Isn't it obvious Penny? Yes I have affectionateness feelings for Amy, which you would describe as love."

"So yes, I love Amy".

• Like 1

In my mind (it's dark and scary place, do NOT go there) it's a 100% sure Shamy will live together before we will get an ILY from either. I know Amy has already said she loved him (in the episode with the letter from Howard's father), but Sheldon wasn't in the room at that moment.

I actually think Sheldon will be the one to say it first, but maybe let it slip out.

I picture it going something like this:

Sheldon and Amy have been living together for some time (months at least) and most likely Penny will ask how it's going.

Sheldon will first make some Sheldonesc explanation that makes Penny sigh, but than he'll say something like "I love living with Amy".

Obviously Penny can't let it end there.

"So does that mean that you..."

"Isn't it obvious Penny? Yes I have affectionateness feelings for Amy, which you would describe as love."

"So yes, I love Amy".

Your storyline is interesting, but I have to ask is Amy in the room when Sheldon has this conversation with Penny? I like the idea of her not being there and then Penny insisting that Sheldon has to tell Amy that he loves her. I think the comedic potential of Penny helping Shelodn express his feelings to Amy is boundless.

I don't really have a vision of how I think the I love you will happen, but I think there is like a million ways they could do it. I have said it before and I will probably say it again after this, I want Sheldon to say it first.

• Like 2

I actually disagree.  I think an ILY will happen before a move-in.  I see ILY first, then eventually living together, and then the final frontier.  I see ILY back-half of this season (some sort of ILY declaration), move-in at the very end of the season or next season with coitus occurring second-half of season 9 (around the timeframe of Lenny's wedding & the 200th episode mark which is Feb'16 sweeps).  

• Like 6

I don't really have a vision of how I think the I love you will happen, but I think there is like a million ways they could do it. I have said it before and I will probably say it again after this, I want Sheldon to say it first.

Agreed.

To be honest, though, when Sheldon finally does say it for the first time (and I'm really hoping it will be this season. It just seems like the next logical milestone for them) I'd rather it to be directly to Amy. If he were to acknowledge it after prodding from Leonard or Penny or anyone else, to me it would kind of take away from the special moment of him telling Amy for the first time, since we as the audience would already be expecting him to tell her then. I'd personally rather it be a big surprise for the audience when Amy hears it for the first time. That's why I think the accidental confession is most plausible for Sheldon, as though it's what he secretly knew all along but had been suppressing and only just truly discovered in that moment.

Not sure if any of that makes any sense, haha. Allow me to move on to another point...

As for Sheldon and Amy moving in together, unfortunately I don't see that happening at all this season. By the end of next season, maybe, hopefully, but definitely not this season. Steve Molaro himself said that he's not ready for Sheldon and Leonard to not live together because it's such a big part of the show. And since he's 99% sure that Leonard and Penny aren't going to get married this season, it's clear that the living arrangements aren't going to change yet either.

So, yeah, I see the ILYs happening first as well.

• Like 1

Your storyline is interesting, but I have to ask is Amy in the room when Sheldon has this conversation with Penny? I like the idea of her not being there and then Penny insisting that Sheldon has to tell Amy that he loves her. I think the comedic potential of Penny helping Shelodn express his feelings to Amy is boundless.

Yes, in this storyline, Amy is in the room.

It could basically work the same way without Amy being there, only Sheldon would have to get Amy somewhere private then to tell her ILY.

Sheldon always needs some kind of push to take a step forward in the relationship.

When Amy went out on a date with Stuart, it was Penny who told him to get her back. Two pushes he needed before he asked Amy to become his GF.

The first SIK he needed to be scolded by Amy before he took action.

The second SIK (which I don't really count as a SIK) only happened because Amy reminded/told him.

So yeah, I could see Penny being involved some how.

I actually disagree.  I think an ILY will happen before a move-in.  I see ILY first, then eventually living together, and then the final frontier.  I see ILY back-half of this season (some sort of ILY declaration), move-in at the very end of the season or next season with coitus occurring second-half of season 9 (around the timeframe of Lenny's wedding & the 200th episode mark which is Feb'16 sweeps).  

To me Sheldon has always been more comfortable taking physical action then verbal.

But your timeline does seem to work, although I would push back the coitus a bit further, maybe even after the Shamy wedding (if we get one).

Not sure if any of that makes any sense, haha. Allow me to move on to another point...

As for Sheldon and Amy moving in together, unfortunately I don't see that happening at all this season. By the end of next season, maybe, hopefully, but definitely not this season. Steve Molaro himself said that he's not ready for Sheldon and Leonard to not live together because it's such a big part of the show. And since he's 99% sure that Leonard and Penny aren't going to get married this season, it's clear that the living arrangements aren't going to change yet either.

So, yeah, I see the ILYs happening first as well.

Well, they could still sleep together in Sheldon's room (with or without coitus).

Or maybe they'll surprise us and Sheldon moves in with Amy, but if Molaro said that, it's unlikely...

I see Sheldon's ILY pretty much like Penny's ILY, or the SIK. He knows he loves her , but can't really verbalized it. Until some frustration causes him to blurt out his true feelings without thinking. Lenny moving in together, and Amy moving in with Sheldon, are all tied together and going to depend on how and when the writers figure it out. I see the ILY before moving in or coitus.

• Like 5

I love how you called it that. :icon_biggrin:

tumblr_lrbu6gPUdt1qdqpur.gif

• Like 2