The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chiany

[Spoiler Free] Shamy S8 Thread

I love how you called it that. :icon_biggrin:

tumblr_lrbu6gPUdt1qdqpur.gif

Well, he will boldy go where no man has gone before

• Like 4

I see Sheldon's ILY pretty much like Penny's ILY, or the SIK. He knows he loves her , but can't really verbalized it. Until some frustration causes him to blurt out his true feelings without thinking. Lenny moving in together, and Amy moving in with Sheldon, are all tied together and going to depend on how and when the writers figure it out. I see the ILY before moving in or coitus.

yes, I think it will happen without moving in first, too. But i could definitely see him telling penny about it first in the context of wanting help to keep amy if things between them get rough again.

P: sheldon! If you really do love her all you need to do to fix this is tell her that!

S: I just did.

P: what?

S: I'd rather avoid an emotional scene and you gossip like a village fish wife. Go forth and spew. And while you're at it tell her she can start wearing gloss again.

• Like 5

yes, I think it will happen without moving in first, too. But i could definitely see him telling penny about it first in the context of wanting help to keep amy if things between them get rough again.

P: sheldon! If you really do love her all you need to do to fix this is tell her that!

S: I just did.

P: what?

S: I'd rather avoid an emotional scene and you gossip like a village fish wife. Go forth and spew. And while you're at it tell her she can start wearing gloss again.

I don't want Penny to tell Amy that he loves her ... but that's so IC that I'm smiling like an idiot.

I don't want Penny to tell Amy that he loves her ... but that's so IC that I'm smiling like an idiot.

well in my episode penny would spend the rest of it trying to avoid everyone because she knows full well she can't keep her mouth shut.
  • Like 2

I think I would rather see Penny try and help Sheldon tell Amy that he loves her than to see Sheldon tell Penny to tell Amy that he loves her.

• Like 1

See, it would all work out, because at the end penny would take off for Nebraska with leonard in tow, using the excuse of finally introducing him to her family, leaving sheldon out of luck and forced to man up.

• Like 2

I can't wait for tonight's episode, that's the first one I haven't read the taping report ...

The last time was at the start of season 7 so ... for a very long time.

And I almost succeed to avoid any spoiler around (just one person who posted a picture ... I clicked quickly on an another link just to not look at it too much).

I really hope it'll be better than the last one. :)

Edit: That was a funny episode ! YES !
No Shamy but it was OK to me :) That's great to see them as Amy and Sheldon sometimes :)
I wish it would be longer (at least, for the guys scenes) ^^
I can go to sleep now, I'm happy :)

Edited by Chrystalie
  • Like 4

I can't wait for tonight's episode, that's the first one I haven't read the taping report ...

The last time was at the start of season 7 so ... for a very long time.

And I almost succeed to avoid any spoiler around (just one person who posted a picture ... I clicked quickly on an another link just to not look at it too much).

I really hope it'll be better than the last one. :)

Edit: That was a funny episode ! YES !

No Shamy but it was OK to me :) That's great to see them as Amy and Sheldon sometimes :)

I wish it would be longer (at least, for the guys scenes) ^^

I can go to sleep now, I'm happy :)

I am so happy you enjoyed it. I know it was a little sad not seeing any Shamy scenes but they can't have those every episode. :)

I am always so impressed when I find out that some people don't look at anything for new episodes. I live and breath to read the press releases and stare at the promo pics. I come up with elaborate theories about the episodes that are never true but they keep me entertained.

The sexting line that Sheldon made cracked me up so much. :)

• Like 2

I love drunk Amy, she's so fun.

Can't wait to see Shamy drunk together some time!

• Like 3

I dont think nor Penny nor anyone should be involved with Sheldon articulating his feelings for Amy. It should be between Sheldon and Amy imo.

• Like 1

Yeah me too! And then it got me thinking. Last year when Amy said something completely unrelated to sex with the suggestion to take a walk in the park, he accused her that "Everything is always sex with you". And now he qualifies harmless texts like that as "sexting" and apparently "all the time"? And it doesn't freak him out?! Does that also mean, that he thinks when he's answering her, that he writes something "juicy" too? What would that be? I know, I'm stupid and read way too much into this but I just love the idea of Sheldon willingly participating in such a thing... :)

Anyhow, it was a really great episode. I loved all of it, especially the guys.

Well Sheldon probably sends her texts back about his new field of study, assuming that get's her juices flowing

• Like 2

Oh more and more signs that our boy is growing up and more curious!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Yeah me too! And then it got me thinking. Last year when Amy said something completely unrelated to sex with the suggestion to take a walk in the park, he accused her that "Everything is always sex with you". And now he qualifies harmless texts like that as "sexting" and apparently "all the time"? And it doesn't freak him out?! Does that also mean, that he thinks when he's answering her, that he writes something "juicy" too? What would that be? I know, I'm stupid and read way too much into this but I just love the idea of Sheldon willingly participating in such a thing... :)

Anyhow, it was a really great episode. I loved all of it, especially the guys.

If you are stupid, then so am I. lol I read way too much into everything. :)

I just think it's funny how he looks at his phone and sees it is Amy and immediately thinks of sexting. Plus he said she is a distraction, which tells me that he sees a text from her and then can't stop thinking about her for a long time afterwards. :)

• Like 7

You're right, he probably can't stop thinking about her and what's also very telling imo is, that he doesn't complain about it. In times not so long ago, he would probably have given a speech about how unacceptable it is to be distracted so much by ones girlfriend, keeping one from discovering whatnot in the universe. He really seems to be, with everything else that we got from the previous episodes this season, a lot more relaxed with being in a relationship. Which just makes me think that we'll get some really good Shamy stuff this year. :)

I agree that Sheldon accepts he is in a relationship, but I would like to see he become nicer to Amy for a few episodes in a row.

He still seems to dismiss her ideas & feelings to often.

• Like 1

SPOILER ALERT IN THE JIM THREAD!! Stay out of there for awhile. Someone (not me) posted a major spoiler in there. It'll be safe after episode 7. I'm so sorry you found out that way, QueenBee!!

• Like 3

People who normally behave well are being a little too specific on Facebook, too. It's probably best to do some temporary unfollows for the rest of the month.

Edited by Tomasina

Hopefully I just went to Jim's thread and I still don't know what is this "huge" spoiler everyone is talking about.

I'm sorry for the ones who are spoiled without their consent.

These kind of events are making difficult to stay spoiler free. I have to resist to not read the next two taping reports and gosh, that's hard !

Edited by Chrystalie
  • Like 2

I found out what the spoiler was in Jim's thread, but I already knew something was up because everyone was posting their excitement on every type of social media.  It was hard to avoid.   :umbrage:  

• Like 1

It's not that big a deal. People should stop mentioning it though or others will give into temptation. There are bound to be nice moments scattered throughout the season and there will always be people who overreact.

• Like 2

I found out what the spoiler was in Jim's thread, but I already knew something was up because everyone was posting their excitement on every type of social media.  It was hard to avoid.   :umbrage:  

I think I'm gonna disappear for at least 2 weeks ... I'm easily tempted ... and now, I'm dying to read the taping reports.

So, see you Monday and then, see you Thursday ... ;)

Oh my God, I'm so sorry you guys were spoiled!! I keep forgetting to tag my posts on tumblr, so I've been avoiding reposting spoilery things.

Oh my God, I'm so sorry you guys were spoiled!! I keep forgetting to tag my posts on tumblr, so I've been avoiding reposting spoilery things.

It's all good!!  Like, Tomasina said, there are more nice moments and episodes to look forward to!   :yes: