The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chiany

[Spoiler Free] Shamy S8 Thread

I loved them all, it's so fun to see them both dress up in occasion for things like this.

They really both seem to have a great time doing it.

And of course Amy had to check out his legs :D

He could have returned the favor if not for those damn bloomers. :laugh:

• Like 1

The Australian one was my favorite because of Amy hopping into the scene. Overall the Fun with Flags stuff was the best part of the episode in my opinion. I loved the look on Amy's face when Sheldon said he wanted to thank her for helping him to his audience. At the taping I didn't know the camera would show Amy's reaction to him thanking her, so that was a neat added bonus. Someone in the spoiler thread figured out that for 233 episodes they would have had to do about 2 episodes a week. That is so much time spent together. I just love these two together. :)

• Like 9

And at least based on their first episode, those things take hours to film. Plus the amount of time shopping for costumes, props, setting up, dressing up, etc. I'm just saying. That's a lot of quality alone time.

• Like 7

And at least based on their first episode, those things take hours to film. Plus the amount of time shopping for costumes, props, setting up, dressing up, etc. I'm just saying. That's a lot of quality alone time.

Indeed!

So either Amy got Sheldon to raise the amount of time they have to spend together on a weekly basis, or it got scrapped out of the Rel.Ag.

• Like 1

The one that Amy forgot to press record was 2 hours but I'm not sure if it's the average time for FWF. 

Indeed!

So either Amy got Sheldon to raise the amount of time they have to spend together on a weekly basis, or it got scrapped out of the Rel.Ag.

I think Sheldon never mentioned the exact amount of time for weekly quota in RA, it's probably 168 hours lol.

• Like 2

The one that Amy forgot to press record was 2 hours but I'm not sure if it's the average time for FWF. 

Yeah, but remember the first episode of FWF?

They did a lot of takes :D

So it could very well take all day to tape one episode ;)

That's a lot of Quality Time for Shamy !!

• Like 1

I got the impression that he "filmed" an episode for two hours, but it sounds like setting up four thousand dominoes took longer... 

• Like 3

It was technically a flashback to an old episode, just not one we saw on the show. :D I definitely think the beach scene was my favorite. Those bloomers! :laugh:

Shamy does many things off screen.  They have a long and torrid past and we only get a glimpse.

Don't worry Amy I was looking at the gams as well.

Edited by notchinc
  • Like 1

I think Sheldon never mentioned the exact amount of time for weekly quota in RA, it's probably 168 hours lol.

I see what you did there. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

I think I have a hunch on what the big thing is... And that's entirely out of seeing the preview at the end of the latest episode, as well as reading the episode description and checking out the promo pics. My thoughts are running rampant with all the possible scenarios...

I'm curious to know if your hunch on the big thing was right. I was about 60% sure it was an I love you, about 30% sure it was coitus, and about 10% sure it was something else. :)

My Shamy dream last night:

It had something to do with the girls clothes shopping and Amy is girling out over what she bought. She is wearing some sort of white and gold dress and standing in front of a mirror. When she looks in the mirror, Sheldon is standing behind her watching her. She jumps and turns to talk to him but he just slowly walks over to her and starts slowly unzipping the dress in the back......

And then my neighbor slammed his door and I woke up. Dammit!

P.S. And since when have my naughty Shamy dreams gotten better than my own naughty dreams lol?

At least you have Shamy dreams...

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing. I love it when I dream about Shamy. I tend to have them fairly often. One of my favorite dreams was before the premiere aired I had a dream that Sheldon wound up at her apartment door soaking wet. When she opened up the door, he pushed her inside and starting making out with her. It was awesome. :)

Oh man.. I love your head.

• Like 1

I'm curious to know if your hunch on the big thing was right. I was about 60% sure it was an I love you, about 30% sure it was coitus, and about 10% sure it was something else. :)

What I had thought was going to happen was that Sheldon was going to feel pressured to sleep with Amy for the sake of following through with traditional after-prom activities. I imagined a scene with the two of them all dressed up, sitting on his bed, and Sheldon is clearly nervous, but he leans in and kisses Amy. Then, after just a few seconds, he breaks the kiss and starts freaking out, and Amy calms him down by telling him that it's okay that he's not ready yet and that she completely understands, and then Sheldon, in an overwhelmed state of relief and gratitude, blurts out that he loves her.

...So, I guess I was in the ballpark, haha. Honestly, when Sheldon said, "I love you too," I had the same reaction as Amy. My mouth fell open and I stared at the TV in shock.

Thanks for sharing. I love it when I dream about Shamy. I tend to have them fairly often. One of my favorite dreams was before the premiere aired I had a dream that Sheldon wound up at her apartment door soaking wet. When she opened up the door, he pushed her inside and starting making out with her. It was awesome. :)

That sounds sexy as hell. I haven't had a Shamy dream in a while. My favorite one that I had (which I actually described in last season's Shamy positivity thread) involved Sheldon and Amy, sitting on the couch, taking turns kissing each other's neck, and at one point Amy accidentally nips Sheldon's neck and he shrieks and says, "You bit me!" and Amy freaks out and apologizes, and then Sheldon simply grins all sexily and says, "It's all right," and proceeds to kiss her neck again.

Coincidentally, the most recent Shamy dream I had was also before the premiere. They reunited and they were in the middle of a busy sidewalk for some reason, and they were both smiling at each other and Amy asked Sheldon if he missed her, and he responded by leaning down and kissing her.

Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an on-screen Shamy make out session this season. ;)

• Like 9

At least you have Shamy dreams...

I can share mines with you, sweetheart  :icon_redface: 

Shamy dreams are the best !  :icon_mrgreen:

• Like 2

I can share mines with you, sweetheart  :icon_redface:

Shamy dreams are the best !  :icon_mrgreen:

I know they are. But I am sure i'll be getting mine any day now.

Got lot's of inspiration from real life right now :)

• Like 2

I know they are. But I am sure i'll be getting mine any day now.

Got lot's of inspiration from real life right now :)

The only conclusion was love ... :wub:

• Like 1

Random questions that I don't think will ever be addressed on the show but are fun to speculate at.

Do you think Sheldon will ever tell Amy when he realized that he loved her? When do you think he knew? Do you think he thought about it a lot during his train trip?

Random questions that I don't think will ever be addressed on the show but are fun to speculate at.

Do you think Sheldon will ever tell Amy when he realized that he loved her? When do you think he knew? Do you think he thought about it a lot during his train trip?

I think he thought about it while on his trip, but I don't think he fully came to terms with his feelings until sometime between 801 ("Locomotive Interruption") and 803 ("First Pitch Insufficiency").  The season opener still gave me the sense of an undecided/uncomfortable Sheldon, though admittedly that could have been because he was so shaken from the robbery and not having to do with Amy directly; regardless, though, by the time we see him on the double date with Lenny in 803, his whole mindset toward their relationship seems to have solidified.  At that point, he not only sees their relationship as something stable with long-term potential, but he is okay with openly expressing that fact and with being loving toward her in front of their friends.

Certainly, by "The Expedition Approximation," he had already reached the very matter-of-fact state of mind that he exhibits during the ILY, as evidenced by his quick & clear answer when Raj asks him if his relationship with Amy is what's worrying him.

• Like 2

I agree with Maja, I think he has known it for a while but was still struggling with the fact that not only did he start to feel something for her that couldn't be explained in any other way then love, but he also had to find the strength to tell her.

And then when he finally did, it came out so calm, that was a big surprise.

• Like 1

I can imagine Amy asking him at some point, when he realized it. I'm also not sure, if we will see it though. I think, he knew it for a while, even before his train trip. But still fighting it. His complete overreaction over the stupid table, his mean reaction to her (highly untimely) suggestion, to move in together when living alone doesn't work out, etc. Not to mention all the other situations when we felt like throwing things at the tv, because he was an idiot to her. I just don't believe that these feelings that can't be explained any other way (still: CHILLS!), just occured shortly before his declaration. Also, how could he know, that his girlfriend loves him so much, when he doesn't know what these feelings are? But I think, he finally came to accept his feelings during his train trip. He probably realized that they aren't going anywhere, even if he doesn't see her. I felt, from the first episode of S8 on, he seemed to be much more relaxed around her.

What do you think, Dana?

Just to clarify on what I wrote above: I totally agree that he was in love with her a long time ago.  He was seriously enamored all the way back in Season 4.  I just think don't think he admitted it to himself until this season.

• Like 2

NO SPOILERS HERE BUT....This very topic was discussed after we got the prom TR in the spoilers thread and this is what I wrote:

I think real "love" started for him sometime in the beginning of season 6 with his Spider-Man Speech. "....everything feels not quite normal (brain parasite anyone?)." I think he started analyzing his feelings then and once he accepted it, kept it to himself thinking if he told her, she'd want to have sex and he's not ready for that. Once she took the pressure of sex off, he was free to tell her he loves her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I can imagine Amy asking him at some point, when he realized it. I'm also not sure, if we will see it though. I think, he knew it for a while, even before his train trip. But still fighting it. His complete overreaction over the stupid table, his mean reaction to her (highly untimely) suggestion, to move in together when living alone doesn't work out, etc. Not to mention all the other situations when we felt like throwing things at the tv, because he was an idiot to her. I just don't believe that these feelings that can't be explained any other way (still: CHILLS!), just occured shortly before his declaration. Also, how could he know, that his girlfriend loves him so much, when he doesn't know what these feelings are? But I think, he finally came to accept his feelings during his train trip. He probably realized that they aren't going anywhere, even if he doesn't see her. I felt, from the first episode of S8 on, he seemed to be much more relaxed around her.

What do you think, Dana?

I think the train trip affected him a lot more than we realize. I think he thought about her a lot while he was away and started coming to terms with his love for Amy on the trip. I'm not saying that he wasn't in love before the train trip because I think he was, but the train trip made him realize just how much she means to him. I have said this before but I believe the relationship test that they took and got an 8.2 on was taken after Sheldon got back from this train trip. I think there was some serious talks about their relationship that led them to take that test. Of course that test is not the sole reason for their love, but it proves to me that they discussed the status of their relationship after Sheldon's train trip.

The "my girlfriend loves me so much she wants to live with me" is one of my favorite quotes by evidence of my signature. lol It told me that Sheldon isn't blind to the love his girlfriend has for him and that it was only a matter of time before an I love you would be uttered. The fact that Sheldon said it first and that Amy replied with "you said it" instead of "you do?" tells me that they were both on the same page. Sheldon knew that Amy loved him and Amy knew that Sheldon loved her. 

Also I do feel like they felt a little closer in the early episodes of season 8, and of course in the episodes since the I love you. I saw a similar closeness following the first SIK.

• Like 8