The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chiany

[Spoiler Free] Shamy S8 Thread

I think the train trip affected him a lot more than we realize. I think he thought about her a lot while he was away and started coming to terms with his love for Amy on the trip. I'm not saying that he wasn't in love before the train trip because I think he was, but the train trip made him realize just how much she means to him. I have said this before but I believe the relationship test that they took and got an 8.2 on was taken after Sheldon got back from this train trip. I think there was some serious talks about their relationship that led them to take that test. Of course that test is not the sole reason for their love, but it proves to me that they discussed the status of their relationship after Sheldon's train trip.

The "my girlfriend loves me so much she wants to live with me" is one of my favorite quotes by evidence of my signature. lol It told me that Sheldon isn't blind to the love his girlfriend has for him and that it was only a matter of time before an I love you would be uttered. The fact that Sheldon said it first and that Amy replied with "you said it" instead of "you do?" tells me that they were both on the same page. Sheldon knew that Amy loved him and Amy knew that Sheldon loved her. 

Also I do feel like they felt a little closer in the early episodes of season 8, and of course in the episodes since the I love you. I saw a similar closeness following the first SIK.

I really love this fact. In season 7's Christmas ep. Amy didn't know how much he cared for her, but in prom ep. when he said he loved her, Amy knew in her heart before that. My theory is Amy has known it since the train kiss, and that's why she dared to suggest them moving in together again after she was rejected in season 6.

• Like 6

I think the train trip affected him a lot more than we realize. I think he thought about her a lot while he was away and started coming to terms with his love for Amy on the trip. I'm not saying that he wasn't in love before the train trip because I think he was, but the train trip made him realize just how much she means to him. I have said this before but I believe the relationship test that they took and got an 8.2 on was taken after Sheldon got back from this train trip. I think there was some serious talks about their relationship that led them to take that test. Of course that test is not the sole reason for their love, but it proves to me that they discussed the status of their relationship after Sheldon's train trip.

The "my girlfriend loves me so much she wants to live with me" is one of my favorite quotes by evidence of my signature. lol It told me that Sheldon isn't blind to the love his girlfriend has for him and that it was only a matter of time before an I love you would be uttered. The fact that Sheldon said it first and that Amy replied with "you said it" instead of "you do?" tells me that they were both on the same page. Sheldon knew that Amy loved him and Amy knew that Sheldon loved her. 

Also I do feel like they felt a little closer in the early episodes of season 8, and of course in the episodes since the I love you. I saw a similar closeness following the first SIK.

Geez, so much Shamy feels now.

Yes to everything you said ! :wub:

I think we knew that the train trip will lead to something new. We couldn't know what at this time, but we knew that it would affect Sheldon enough to realize things about his own life and about his relationship with Amy (well, we were hoping it would).

This is why writers still find a way to surprise us (in a good way). I do remember how good it was to hope for an ILY at the end of season 7 and finally get to see Sheldon freaking out and leaving town because it was too much.

It was difficult for us to see our favorite couple apart, but well, it was perfectly IC for Sheldon and I can't imagine him now in a different way.

They get closer when he came back and I can't imagine something bad happening to them now. 

They just grow up together so much in these last episodes, this is the Shamy I was waiting for a long time and I'm getting more and more excited about what will come next and until the end of this season.

I'm ready to be surprised again and again (even if I don't know how to survive after lol) and I really hope, in a good way  :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 3

Because I am really good at procrastinating the schoolwork I need to be doing and because I have a secret goal to get this thread to a 1000 replies by the end of the season, I came up with a fun little challenge. I had to pick my favorite Shamy moment from each season. It could only be one and boy was it difficult. You should try it especially if you need to procrastinate doing something like me. :help:

Season 4: Amy holds Sheldon's hand for the first time at the end of Alien Parasite Hypothesis.

Season 5: Sheldon apologizes to Amy in her lab in the Vacation Solution.

Season 6: Amy cancels Valentine's Day for Sheldon.

Season 7: Sheldon kisses Amy on the train.

Season 8: Sheldon tells Amy that she looked pretty.

• Like 6

Because I am really good at procrastinating the schoolwork I need to be doing and because I have a secret goal to get this thread to a 1000 replies by the end of the season, I came up with a fun little challenge. I had to pick my favorite Shamy moment from each season. It could only be one and boy was it difficult. You should try it especially if you need to procrastinate doing something like me. :help:

Season 4: Amy holds Sheldon's hand for the first time at the end of Alien Parasite Hypothesis.

Season 5: Sheldon apologizes to Amy in her lab in the Vacation Solution.

Season 6: Amy cancels Valentine's Day for Sheldon.

Season 7: Sheldon kisses Amy on the train.

Season 8: Sheldon tells Amy that she looked pretty.

I'm going to do this from memory, so I may be forgetting some key moments...here goes.

Season 4: Shamy drinking tea in "The Herb Garden Germination" (he calls her a vixen, she becomes very coy)

Season 5: Sheldon asks Amy to be his girlfriend (though the apology scene in her lab is a very close second for me...that voice break was just perfect)

Season 6: The conversation/love spell in Sheldon's bedroom ("...for me, what we have is extremely intimate")

Season 7:  The SIK and - perhaps even moreso - the lines that immediately follow it. So much metaphor conveyed in the "crossing" reference.

Season 8: "I love you too." "...you said it."

• Like 5

Pff this is hard.

I need to check all seasons for it.

Season 3: Sheldon offering to by Amy a beverage

Season 4: Sheldon and Amy dancing

Season 5: Sheldon and Amy cuddle (and the negotiations that happen before) after Amy has her feeling hurt by Penny and Bernadette.

Season 6: Amy yelling at Sheldon after he confessed he does not want to live with her (Spoiler Alert Segmentation).

Season 7: The first SIK!!!

Season 8: Sheldon eating a french fry of her plate.

As you can see, I usually pick things that are relatively little, but that's what I like about this couple. Of course I like all the big moments (like almost everything in the Prom episode), but still I prefer this little signs of affection.

• Like 5

This very very hard but

Season 4: probably Drunk AIK. That whole scene and Sheldons fascinating was perfect

Season 5: Flaming Spittoon. The movie theater part when he formally asked her to be his girlfriend I still can't get enough of. (Season 5 is my personal favorite season so this was hard)

Season 6: tough one between vday and D&D but gonna have to go with D&D. That conversation was so enlightening and they finally explained to each other where they were at. And Sheldon taking the lead!! Priceless

Season 7: hands down SIK.

Season 8: so far my 2nd favorite Shamy season but gotta go with Prom (and Chainy I am with you.. The pretty line gets me more than the actual ILY too).

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 5

Season 8: so far my 2nd favorite Shamy season but gotta go with Prom (and Chainy I am with you.. The pretty line gets me more than the actual ILY too).

That was Dana I think, not me ;)

I could also do my favorite moments pertaining to Shamy that Amy was not present for:

Season 4: Sheldon's freakout right after Amy asks him to meet her mother
Season 5: "She is not for you"
Season 6: The Long Island iced tea conversation between Sheldon and Penny ("Amy deserves better")
Season 7: "Don't worry little moth, the flame will come to you." (He was trying so hard to be sweet, even if he did end up embarrassing her...)
Season 8: Sheldon's pre-prom conversation with Penny

• Like 8

It's so hard to do this! It may be because they're the cutest couple ever...

So, I'll try to mention moments nome of you mentioned.

season 4: The Agreement Dissection.

"You're like a sexy toddler."

"I don't know how to process that."

Season 5: "why don't you just acknowledge you have feelings for amy and you don't want her goin' out with other men?"

Season 6: "i made a commitment in writing to comfort you in times like these. Additionally, you are my gf. and I care about your well-being."

Season 7: "I like you for who you are. Quircks and all."

Season 8: "We like spending time together." And all the conversation in the car where he brags to no end about their perfect relationship.

• Like 3

First time posting in this thread! I've thought before about which season is my favorite, and I always come down to season 4 or 5 because Shamy is so in-sync. My favorite moments are:

Season 4: Their dance in The Agreement Dissection

Season 5: "Will you be my girlfriend?" (Followed closely by playing doctor, Star Trek-style).

Season 6: "But for me, what we have is extremely intimate."

Season 7: SIK (I'm still not over it).

Season 8: More than Sheldon saying "I love you too," I prefer his explanation that the "only conclusion was love" - he uses logic to prove his very illogical feelings, and it makes me so happy. But I really do love the joke test coitus line (or is it?) and his shyness when he admits he didn't want to fail in front of Amy as a close second.

So yeah, I mostly chose milestones. But it's all the little moments in-between that make the milestones so special.

• Like 7

My favorites:

Season 4 - shamy's first kiss

Season 5 - sheldon grabs amy's hand when howard goes into space

Season 6 - d&d game

Season 7 - SIK

Season 8 - ILY

• Like 4

I could also do my favorite moments pertaining to Shamy that Amy was not present for:

Season 4: Sheldon's freakout right after Amy asks him to meet her mother

Season 5: "She is not for you"

Season 6: The Long Island iced tea conversation between Sheldon and Penny ("Amy deserves better")

Season 7: "Don't worry little moth, the flame will come to you." (He was trying so hard to be sweet, even if he did end up embarrassing her...)

Season 8: Sheldon's pre-prom conversation with Penny

I decided to do this. It was fun. Now I think we should try Shamy moments that Sheldon was not present for. :)

Season 4: Sheldon reading the text message from Amy. "She's made a very amusing pun" (The first time she makes him laugh)

Season 5: Sheldon saying there is big news on the Amy front when he has dinner with his mom and Leonard in the Rhinitis Revelation. (Sheldon talks positively about Amy's career.)

Season 6: "It's a possibility" (Sheldon admits to Penny that a physical relationship with Amy is possible)

Season 7: "It's been pointed out by my girlfriend that I may have been annoying to you" (Sheldon talks to Professor Proton)

Season 8: Sheldon and Leonard get ready for prom. Sheldon starts to freak out when Leonard makes a joke about him having urges.

• Like 1

Ooh, fun. Let me get in on this. Some of my Shamy moments:

Season 3: Sheldon and Amy walk up to the counter together.

Season 4: Amy asking Sheldon if he's suppressing jealousy. (Runner up: Their first kiss.)

Season 5: The cuddle session on Amy's couch. (Runner up: Sheldon taking Amy's hand.)

Season 6: Sheldon naming Amy as his emergency contact. (Runner up: D&D love spell.)

Season 7: The train kiss. Forever and always. (Runner up: "Congratulations, Dr. Fowler. You just made it into the fort.")

Season 8: TBD

And favorite Shamy moments with only one of them present:

Season 3: "Her name is Amy Farrah Fowler."

Season 4: "Forget science. She's horny."

Season 5: "Of course he is. She's very interesting."

Season 6: Amy's four-year plan to marry Sheldon.

Season 7: "He is SO into me!"

Season 8: Sheldon admitting that Amy is a distraction.

• Like 5

Oh I love all of your responses. I messed up on my season 8 without Amy moment. It really is "who has time for this constant sexting?" :)

• Like 3

When I was watching Expedition Approximation, and Amy was told to use the walkie talkie instead of just calling down, the way she sounded all husky on it makes me think that as soon as she did, she got Sheldon thinking 'Oh yeah - that's why I asked you to use it...' Either way, I'm pretty sure he liked it.

• Like 6

For my 1000 post, I will quote my very first post on here. I have had a lot of fun in here and who knows maybe I will be celebrating my 2000 post soon. Sheldon loves Amy.  :)

From the Season 7 Shamy Spoilers thread.

Okay first off let me say that I never go on these things because I don't like to be spoiled but since I was at the premire taping I thought I would read what people were saying about it. I really liked the premire and only wish there could have been scenes with all of them together. I'm a huge Shamy fan and I must say nobody should be that worried about the Sheldon/Penny hug. Sheldon offered to shake her hand and she hugged him. It's funny to because he takes his hand and pats her on the back much like he did when Amy hugged him after the tiara except with Amy he used both hands and for Penny he used one.

Also even though there was no Shamy scenes together, I did enjoy Amy's phone conversation with him at the hotel. There's a moment where Bernie is saying "I love you" to Howard over the phone and then it spans over to Amy who looks like she wishes she could say that to Sheldon or he would say that to her, which ends with a joke about her spleeping in her garment bag.

So I have a crazy theory about this. I think they are setting up so that by the end of this season the Shamy will say "I love you" to one another because if you remember in last season's premire Amy asks Sheldon to say something "meaningful and from the heart" and in the Love Spell he does finally when he says "for me what we have is extremely intimate".

I don't really have an opinon on the whole Lenny situation because personally it doesn't matter to me whether or not they are together.

Edited by dana1010
  • Like 9

That depends...if I'm having difficulty, can I lie on Sheldon's bed and put my feet up? :D

not if you're a girl

In case anyone missed the implication with so much goodness going on:

Sheldon has sat with Amy watching old french movies.

More than once.

He likes it because while she's focused on the screen, he can focus on her sparkling eyes.

FOR HOURS.

• Like 9

That was beautiful. A simple recap.

Amy said I love you.

Amy called Memaw and got her recipe to bake Sheldon cookies. I mean come on, only family members and sometimes not even them get grandmother recipes.

Sheldon confirmed to Bernadette that he loves Amy.

Sheldon got Amy a Christmas gift from the heart.

Sheldon wants Amy to treasure that gift as much as he treasures her.

Speaking of Sheldon, yes he watches his Amy watch old French movies to see her eyes sparkle. He watches her hands move when she listens to harp music and he knows what kind of literature she likes.

So many beautiful things. :girlinlove::maninlove:

• Like 9

Well I barely survived. Luckily I watched it together with my girlfriend (who you all know) for the first time.

I was actually more moved that Amy said ILY in front of the group, but the gift giving (and Sheldon's declaration about Amy to Bernadette) were also extremely beautiful.

• Like 7

Well I barely survived. Luckily I watched it together with my girlfriend (who you all know) for the first time.

I was actually more moved that Amy said ILY in front of the group, but the gift giving (and Sheldon's declaration about Amy to Bernadette) were also extremely beautiful.

Aww I am so happy for you. The ILY was so beautiful and was probably my favorite part of the episode. It's done so quick in the episode, but that tiny smile Amy gives him after she says it is just priceless.

I was thinking about you for this episode. Hoping that you would manage to be entirely spoiler free for it. :)

• Like 3