The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chiany

[Spoiler Free] Shamy S8 Thread

Do you think Sheldon will have to face his true feelings for Amy and not run away from them anymore?

Yes, but I don't think we'll see him come to the realization that he loves Amy like "Oh my God! I love Amy, I have to go and tell her rights now! " I think it'll happen much like the kiss on the train (he must have wanted to kiss her for some time now otherwise he wouldn't have so easily incorporated kissing into date nights) when he'll spontaneously admit his feelings. Sorry if this doesn't make much sense.

Will Sheldon continue resisting any changes in their relationship?

As long as he initiates these changes he'll be okay with them. I mean, she kissed him twice and then nothing for two years until he kissed her and now it's a date night regular. The same thing for the D&D game, he was comfortable with it because it was his idea. He won't agree to move in with Amy if she keeps asking him to (we've had four moving-in proposals, when will she quit it?)

Do you think Sheldon loves Amy?

A few people have answered this question along the lines of "yes, but he doesn't know it yet" and I have to say I disagree. I think he loves her and knows it AND he knows she loves him but he doesn't know what to do about it because he doesn't want changes in their relationship to happen so quickly.

Do you think there will be a point where Sheldon is the one who does want to proceed in the relationship and move things forward, and Amy will be unsure about it or hesitating about it?

I think they're at that point right now. In the Indecision Amalgamation she holds back when he kisses her while he steps forward. Somebody mentioned it on a thread before, but Amy is all talk and no action whereas Sheldon is no talk and all action. HE initiated the D&D game. HE grabs her hips when they kiss while she remains stationary. Even though Amy makes jokes about being sexually frustrated, she doesn't realize what the next step in their relationship will bring.

How long Amy will put up with Sheldon's resisting behaviour?

Either she'll snap and break up with him or she'll keep tolerating his behaviour. I don't want a repeat of the Spoiler Alert Segmentation when she told him she was the best girlfriend he was ever going to have and yelled at him but then she still didn't move in and they didn't break up (not that I want them to break up).

Do you think there will be a point where Amy breaks up with Sheldon?

If she does, they'll probably still get back together. The writers aren't going to pull a How I Met Your Mother (even though I like how HIMYM ended, I don't want TBBT to end with Shenny together, urghhh:wacko:).

How will Amy progress as a character and towards Sheldon?

She'll realize her life does not revolve around Sheldon and that she is an independent woman with a string of admirers, namely Stuart and Bert. However, I really don't want them to break up.

Could Shamy work on a scientific project together at CalTech?

Yes, and not necessarily to do with their work. It could be to do something similar to what the guys did in The Contractual Obligation Implementation.

Will there be a mutual changes of ILY's?

Yes. Don't know when, though.

Do you think there will be a point where Sheldon actually does want to live with Amy and invites her to live with him?

Possibly in season 10 or 9, when they start sleeping together. It'll be weird to think of them watching tv at night and then go to separate rooms to sleep.

Do you think Sheldon will ever propose to Amy, and if so how and why it will happen?

If a Shamy proposal does happen, I think Sheldon will ask. If Amy does it, it'll feel like she's pushing him to do something he's not ready for.

What exceptional could happen between Shamy?

Do you mean like a weird event? If so, then around season 9 or 10, Shamy will have started having sex, but the other characters won't know about it. Howardette will have started talking about having children and Lenny will be newly wed. At some point, this could be an episode, a pregnancy stick is found (I know, this is very similar to Friends) and everyone, minus the girls, will try to figure out if either Penny or Bernie is pregnant . But the audience and Sheldon will know that Amy is also a possibility. I know this is a weird scenario, that's why I listed it under this question.

Edit: I amended some spelling mistakes.

Edited by Blue Bernie
  • Like 4

@QueenBee I love you for your comment that its not wedding bells and sex that Amy wants or needs, I find it to be quite clear that she just wants Sheldon's heart and commitment. As long as Shamy are happy in the end, I really don't even need to see either. Although with the sex issue, they have focused on it far too much to back out now.

• Like 6

Not too much longer for the first taping report and I honestly don't know if I can commit to being spoiler-free. I really have no idea where they're going to go with last season's cliffhanger and it's driving me crazy! But I also can't handle the angst from being spoiled by the taping report to air date. HELP! How do you guys do it?

• Like 1

Not too much longer for the first taping report and I honestly don't know if I can commit to being spoiler-free. I really have no idea where they're going to go with last season's cliffhanger and it's driving me crazy! But I also can't handle the angst from being spoiled by the taping report to air date. HELP! How do you guys do it?

Easy, I watch this gif below at least once a day, and usually end up staring at it for several minutes.

q972.gif

But seriously, try to stay away from this forum when taping reports come out, and only follow threads that are spoiler free.

• Like 5

While I'm not attempting to be spoiled free (don't think I have the willpower) I too watch that youtube clip at least once a day....

• Like 3

Chiany, you are stronger than I am, but I will give it a try! So glad I'm not the only one who can't get enough of the SIK. There a several "classic" Shamy moments I watch over and over (I'm sure you guys know what they are), but sadly, there aren't enough of them. Please, let season 8 bring more (fingers crossed)!

• Like 5

Chiany, you are stronger than I am, but I will give it a try! So glad I'm not the only one who can't get enough of the SIK. There a several "classic" Shamy moments I watch over and over (I'm sure you guys know what they are), but sadly, there aren't enough of them. Please, let season 8 bring more (fingers crossed)!

oh absolutely!!

Last night, I watched an easy 10 of my "favorite" youtube clips of the Shamy.  I could watch them over and over and over (and do) again....

• Like 1

I try not to think about the show too much lately, but I'm bored and Cat's questions are intriguing so I'll have a go.

What do you hope and predict for season 8 Shamy? How do you see their story going? 

I actually don't have hopes nor predictions at this stage. My opinion on the season finale is that once again the writers chickened out from making a commitment and wrote in that plot just to buy even more time. I frankly think it's getting ridiculous at this point and all I can hope for is that the cliffhanger WILL be used for a very meaningful and lasting impact on Sheldon and the story, whatever that may be. If they're going to continue like nothing has happened and sweep it under the carpet then it screams even more of cheap and lazy plot device and I hope they're aware of that. But while I *hope* for that, it's not what I expect.

Do you think Sheldon will have to face his true feelings for Amy and not run away from them anymore?

Eventually, yes. Sheldon has always been written as having three PhD's in denial and suppression (and, to be honest, so has Amy), and while this, again, is a way to drag things out forever it is also, again, something that is already verging on the ridiculous and I honestly think that the longer they leave it, the harder it will be to buy it that Sheldon does have feelings for Amy because it's been 4 years and they've been through a lot together. But also... see question 4 below.

Again, just like for the above, it would be extremely unpleasant to watch if Sheldon will forever and ever continue to be resistant to changes. While I understand it's his nature and I think it would be ridiculous if he suddenly became the most malleable fellow on the planet, if they continue writing the relationship as Sheldon kicking and screaming against Amy's pushes, it comes across as a pretty awful relationship and like every progress they make is because he gives in due to exhaustion rather than because he's come around to it and changed his mind. It's a very delicate balance (writing Sheldon as true to his change-resistant person while not making it come across as Amy is forcing him into something he doesn't want) that the writers haven't been very good at maintaining recently. For that reason, I think it's very important that they write at least more frequently episodes where he shows less resistance to change (and see question 5 on this issue).

Up until a few months ago I would have said yes, with no doubt. Right now, my certainty is being challenged, to be honest. I was always along the same wavelength as Blue Bernie: he knows but he doesn't know what to do about it, so he buys time. That scene with the psychic, to me, spoke of a deep awareness, the way Jim played it. And the bigger part of me still thinks that, I think Sheldon can be more in tune with his emotions than people give him credit for because he likes to play dumb. However, I would be lying if I said that the last two episodes did not chip away at my conviction. But I think that's probably because I feel like the writers, rather than Sheldon, don't love Amy. 

Do you think there will be a point where Sheldon is the one who does want to proceed in the relationship and move things forward, and Amy will be unsure about it or hesitating about it?

I think it would be a breath of fresh air and I would very much welcome it. I think it could be very IC for Sheldon, as I think that while he wants to be 100% he is making the right decision, and he buys as much time as he can on that front to ensure that he does, once he's made his mind up, I can totally see him go for it. They've turned the tables with Lenny and the proposals this season, and I think something similar with Shamy and sex would be a nice change of pace and would still drag things out but in a novel way. The problem is that I don't think the writers want to alienate that part of the audience that loves asexual Sheldon, and that will unfortunately mean the chances of seeing the tables turn are slim. 

Amy as she's written right now could "put up" with him forever. Some might call it resilience, some might call it love, some might call it delusion, some might call it being a doormat. I think it's a mix of all these. But I don't see her being written as someone who is on the verge of giving up, right now. Maybe that will change, if the writers finally decide to explore her side of the equation, but for now I think she's staying put. Similarly, though, I think the question can be turned around to "How long will Sheldon put up with Amy's pressure"? I still think that while Sheldon is by far the most frustrating, self-centered and unreasonable of the two, both have their fair share of blame for the problems they're currently facing. I think we keep forgetting that Amy is not exactly the perfect, mature girlfriend I see a lot especially in fanfic, where her canon moments of immaturity and social ineptitude are glossed over completely like they don't exist and she's just a regularly adjusted girl with a weirdo as a boyfriend. She is not. She might be patient and loving and would take a bullet for him, but she can also be pushy and a bit of a nag, especially in the last two seasons, and with a weirdo streak of her own. Sheldon was not wrong in 7x05. 

I think it's very possible. There's a HUGE part of me who thinks that a break would do them some real good right now, sadly. And it irritates me that I can see that as the only satisfying solution right now because I do not want Shamy to be another cliche' on-off-on-again couple. I want them to be consistent and resilient and work through their issues no matter how big they are. That's what Shamy have always been to me. But from a storytelling POV, the breakup makes a lot of sense at this juncture and I could definitely see it happening. Initiated by either, to be honest. 

Anything could happen, literally. From moping all summer because he's gone, pestering him with phone calls, growing independent and busy with work, being angry and refusing to speak to him... there's too many possible and equally probable scenario to speculate on one. And that's assuming the writers do decide to look at things from her perspective. She could also end up being the loving, patient girlfriend who waits for his return so he can settle back in her life like nothing happened.

Oh! My dream scenario! The one I want more than any other scenario conceivable. It is most definitely possible, speaking from a technical POV. Whether the writers want to go there and know enough about it to even consider it a possible scenario, who knows. That's why I started a hashtag on Twitter months ago: #ShamyJointProject2015 :D I think I would donate all the organs in my body for this scenario, except for the ones I need to watch it unfold, of course.

At some point, it's likely. I think ILYs for these two are going to be very very rare though, neither of them seem to be very good at vocalizing their emotions, even Amy. I think they are much more likely to express themselves physically, ironically, or with other gestures and words. I totally don't see them as the types to say ILY every night before bed or every time they hang up the phone. But I'd be surprised if a declaration of sorts didn't come this season. 

Do you think there will be a point where Sheldon actually does want to live with Amy and invites her to live with him?

Yes. I'm pretty sure this will happen at some point. How soon, hard to tell. I could see it happen at the end of the season. I personally don't think Leonard will move out before the wedding, I think the way the topic was introduced in the finale was more as an "FYI, Sheldon, when Penny and I get married we will live together without you" rather than a "Now that we're engaged, I'm moving out asap". So I can definitely see Sheldon wanting Amy to move in by the time Leonard moves out, whenever that is. And I personally think Sheldon is very much right in refusing at the moment. They're not ready for that, and it's actually the one thing he's more mature than her about: he understands that living with a girlfriend is not the same thing as having a roommate. He does not want her as a ROOMMATE and I think that's a very good sign for their relationship, because if he were ok with her just being a replacement for Leonard that would mean he doesn't see her as any different than Leonard. And I'm pretty sure that's not something Amy would be happy about, but she still hasn't matured enough to realize it.

Do you think Sheldon will ever propose to Amy, and if so how and why it will happen?

I agree with others that I don't think this is a pressing issue with this couple. Him asking her to move in will be the most pressing issue. Them consummating will be the most pressing issue. But I think Amy's visions of romance are not meant to be taken as actual dreams she has, but rather as a representation of how naive and immature her concept of romance is. She is now in the "fluffy pink clouds" phase that pre-pubescent girls often go through. I'm not saying that Shamy will never get married, they might very well do, I just don't think it's that important for this couple as it was for Lenny. And if they ever did get married I actually always envisioned the "proposal" as a logical discussion where they just decided it was time. But they've now used that for Lenny so... who knows. I definitely don't think Amy will propose though. She never initiates anything, other than this moving in stuff. So, if they do go for the marriage and don't do it logically, I think Sheldon will propose. Although I doubt it will be a traditional proposal.

I think they're already exceptional, it's hard to envision how any step for this couple won't be exceptional. Their meeting was exceptional. Their friendship was exceptional. Their officialization was exceptional. Their first kisses were exceptional. Their seconds were exceptional. I think that while I am angry at the writers for many reasons, the milestones have always been consistently exceptional and I wouldn't expect anything less in the future.

• Like 9

A joint project between the two of them would be fantastic -- as long as Sheldon doesn't have to clean any beakers, haha. It would be an IC, veiled and comedic way for Sheldon to gain more respect for her, and the journey could easily remain in BBT's comedic parameters. They'd be bonding over science, which is a lot more stable than their roundabout, frequently failing endeavors with an idea of intimacy that just doesn't work for them. This would be a scenario where they could at least remain on the same page and unify their intelligence. When they work together in that mutually enjoyable, brilliant camaraderie is when they have their greatest moments (Herb Garden Germination, for example).

Also, my inner shipper would be eternally gratified to see the two of them make a scientific breakthrough and become so enthralled that they share a mutual, impromptu hug. An emotional embrace where they just melt into each other. To rescue the comedy, ever-considerate Sheldon could look over her head and ask, "My name's coming first on the collaboration, right?" :D

• Like 3

Really interesting questions you've proposed, Catlina. Allow me to throw my two cents in:

"What do you hope and predict for season 8 Shamy? How do you see their story going?"

I predict that they will be moving in together at some point during this season, not necessarily at the start of it, but definitely sometime in the relatively near future. In order for their relationship to keep moving forward, not to mention to open up a wide range of new stories for the writers to explore, it really is the next logical step for them.

What I want and hope for, on the other hand, is, simply, more kissing and a mutual ILY for this season. Not so sure about sex yet. Maybe as a cliffhanger for the season 8 finale, but I still feel like there's a lot of room for growth for both Sheldon and Amy, individually and together, before they reach they take that next step in their relationship.

"Do you think Sheldon will have to face his true feelings for Amy and not run away from them anymore?"

100%. Again, in order for their relationship to continue growing organically, and to not keep Sheldon in the same place as he is now, he needs to figure out what Amy means to him and what actions he's willing to take in order to show her that he doesn't want to lose her.

"Will Sheldon continue resisting any changes in their relationship?"

Yes and no. That is, I don't think he'll resist ALL changes. They've finally started kissing in season 7, for instance. That's a huge physical change that, obviously, he didn't resist, but instead clearly enjoys, so much that they've added kissing at the end of their date nights. So, I think we'll finally start to see him bend in some ways, just enough so that their relationship continues moving at its own natural pace.

"Do you think Sheldon loves Amy?"

Yes, in the sense that he enjoys having her in his life and doesn't want to lose her. Yes, in the sense that he's physically attracted to her, but still not ready to consummate their relationship, or move at a pace where he feels like too much is changing too soon (i.e. he's afraid of the increased intimacy that would likely happen if they were to finally move in together). It’s just a matter of him needing to figure out what those feelings mean to him and what he plans to do about them.

"Do you think there will be a point where Sheldon is the one who does want to proceed in the relationship and move things forward, and Amy will be unsure about it or hesitating about it?"

I would personally love that, as I think it would be a fun way to add new humor to their relationship and see a new side to both Sheldon and Amy (i.e. Amy makes some sort of sexual innuendo, and instead of ignoring it, Sheldon plays along, like he’s fully coming on to her, to which Amy kind of does a double take and starts to get totally freaked out.) I honestly think that would be hilarious and fantastic. However, do I see it happening? Let’s just say, I’m not going to get my hopes up.

"How long Amy will put up with Sheldon's resisting behaviour?"

Well, she’s “put up” with it for the last three years now, and at this point, because she’s so emotionally invested in him and in their relationship, I don’t really see her giving up on him because she knows that he is capable of growing despite his aversion to change.

“Do you think there will be a point where Amy breaks up with Sheldon?”

I’m not really so sure anymore. Honestly, I thought it was possible during season 7, after they kissed, that Amy would maybe realize she wasn't getting enough out of the relationship and decide to walk away from it. However, I was disappointed when Sheldon was the one who freaked out and wanted to break up with her. Since they didn’t actually go through with it, though, I don’t see the point of the writers throwing in more break up jokes, unless they actually plan on following through with it this time.

That being said, at this point in Sheldon and Amy's relationship, if Sheldon is still refusing to move forward in some way, whether it's moving in with her or simply being more attentive and less selfish, a breakup does seem like the only way to keep things from going stale. It would give him a chance to realize how much he needs Amy and that he’s willing to make sacrifices for her. While I’d hate to see them break up, I could see the potential for new storylines, and I know they’d eventually get back together, so it would all work out in the end.

“How will Amy progress as a character and towards Sheldon?”

That’s honestly hard for me to predict. I’d like to see her maybe being more independent, focusing on her work, as well as getting closer to the rest of the group by strengthening her individual bonds with each of them.

As for her relationship with Sheldon, it’s clear that her heart’s out there, waiting for him to take it and reciprocate the feelings, so I’d kind of like to see her back off a bit and wait for him to come to her.

“Could Shamy work on a scientific project together at CalTech?”

Sure, why not? That would be awesome, probably a great way for them to form a more intimate bond an intellectual level.

“Will there be a mutual changes of ILY's?”

I personally feel like it’s the next logical milestone that should happen in their relationship, aside from them moving in together. And when it they do openly exchange ILYs, I think it’s going to come out accidentally, rather than something that’s planned, kind of similar to when Penny finally told Leonard she loved him, only much more epic. ;)

“Do you think there will be a point where Sheldon actually does want to live with Amy and invites her to live with him?”

100% I do. It’s been brought up too many times now for it not to happen. I also feel like Amy’s no longer in a place where she’d be the one inviting him yet again and he finally accepts. I think, if anything, he may try living on his own at first, and then eventually, when he’s ready, he’ll finally ask her (and again, it shall be epic, lol).

“Do you think Sheldon will ever propose to Amy, and if so how and why it will happen?”

The fangirl in me would so love to see this happen, but I really don’t see it happening until, at the earliest, the penultimate season. There are still so many other milestones they need to reach before they get to marriage (moving in, ILYs, consummation, etc.), and I really think they'll reach all of those over these remaining seasons.

As for how he’ll propose, that’s certainly fun to think about, but again, it’s still so far off that it’s hard to really predict any realistic scenario. I’m sure however it’ll play out, though, it will be completely amazing.

“What exceptional could happen between Shamy?”

As I mentioned, there are still many milestones for them to reach in their relationship, and I’m sure the writers will have many other surprises along the way, too. I sincerely look forward to them. :)

• Like 3

I'll just co-sign everything Koops just said.

What do you hope and predict for Season 8 Shamy? How do you see their story going? When Sheldon returns from his hobo vision quest, Amy insists on reverting to the physical contact stipulations in the original relationship agreement. Sheldon renegotiates at least for hugging and kissing. Handholding... meh...

Do you think that Sheldon will face his true feelings for Amy and not run away from them anymore? Sheldon may face his feelings, Of course Leonard and Penny will be the first to know.

Will Sheldon continue resisting any changes in their relationship? It's Sheldon, of course he will.

Do you think Sheldon loves Amy? I do, actually. I think when he finally wants to tell her he won't be able to. And he'll have a huge sad.

Do you think there'll be a point where Sheldon is the one who does want to proceed in the relationship and move things forward and Amy will be unsure or hesitating about it? Of course. That will be the end of next season when it is her turn to leave town. Just kidding. Sort of just kidding. Someone's gotta leave town, it's the law. I think this summer has given Amy pause about the future of this relationship. My hope is that Sheldon isn't going to find the eager girlfriend he left behind. He said some hurtful things when he left. Also the way that he left should make her wonder... is this man a good bet for a long term partner? is this the way a man you can trust and really depend on acts when face a career set back and changing apartments?

How long will Amy put up with Sheldon's resisting behavior? I think she's done. Like this second, if he's acting all assy this summer, she has stopped texting him back about (checks phone calendar) as of next Tuesday.

Do you think there is a point where Amy breaks up with Sheldon? I don't know. If she suddenly decides she wants a normal life, she might.

How will Amy progress as a character and towards Sheldon? Amy will continue to grow professionally. She may get tenure before the guys or she could join Bernadette in the private sector. She'll keep making new friends. That might not be great news for Sheldon.

Could Sheldon and Amy work together on a project at Caltech? Yes, my idea was for Sheldon to try again to get into Cosmology, but with Amy's help. I'd like for him to come back from his hobo vision quest and for Amy to have already worked out a road map for him. But he's got to work on it and he's going to have to be nice.

Will there be a mutual exchange of ILY's? Not in season 8, unless their is a mutual Nobel prize win.

Do you think there will be point where Sheldon actually does want to live with Amy and invites her to live with him? Yes. Sheldon is already weakening from the roommate of the month parade while Amy finally gets fed up  living alone.  Tired of the high rents in Glendale and accepts the offer of a colleague to rent a room in their house near Caltech. It's a guy. No one is forcing him to do anything... it's his own problem if he doesn't trust his girlfriend... Seriously Sheldon, what's the problem?

As for the  last 2 questions... I don't need the Shamy to get married, I'd almost rather they didn't. And as for something exceptional... that they exist is exceptional. If they aren't ruined, that will be too.

• Like 2

What do you hope and predict for season 8 Shamy? How do you see their story going?

I don't know that I have any specific predictions or hopes.  I think that they will continue to progress, but at a very slow pace that will probably be frustrating to those who think he should just get over himself and be like any other boyfriend and start making out with her on the couch or something.  Ain't gonna happen any time soon.

I don't think he's ever really run away from his true feelings for Amy.  I think that he is not demonstrative, physically or verbally, where his feelings for her are concerned, but I don't think he runs away from them.  I think that his natural reserve and his reluctance to admit to being under the power of his emotions will always be a factor in how he shows his feelings, but I don't think he's ever really run away.  (I think everyone here knows that I don't think his train trip has to do with running away from his feelings for Amy.)

I think that he has made some remarkable steps forward--especially adding kissing on date night into the routine of the relationship.  I think he will always need for things--especially things connected to his emotions--to be bound and regulated and controlled.

I do think that changes to the physical nature of the relationship are always going to be hard for him.  I think that that aspect looms large as something he's not sure about--not sure how he'll feel, not sure if he'll hate it or enjoy it, etc.  I don't think that has anything to do with how he feels about Amy, but simply his personal physical issues.

Absolutely.  He may not be able to articulate it in quite those words, but I'm sure it's been there all along.

While that might be fun to see, I don't know if the writers will think along those lines.

She knows who she is involved with.  If she loves him, she'll be patient.

No.  I can't imagine that they'd have Sheldon do something so hateful or hurtful that she'd break up with him.  I wouldn't be surprised if they continued to have the occasional squabble or disagreement, failing to see eye to eye, or whatever.  But judging by her reaction to him on their anniversary, when he quoted the Spiderman passage and she took that as satisfying "something meaningful and from the heart", I think that while she may get frustrated by his obliviousness or his lack of a sense of romance, I think that they've been moving forward in microscopic baby steps and that she's become more and more aware that those feelings are there.

I think he'd have to sleep with another woman or something to make her break up with him.  Even when he was going to break up with her over a table, she prevented it from happening.  If she really wanted to break up with him, she's had plenty of opportunities.

That's hard to say.  I don't now if the writers are really focused on her progress as much as they were back when we were first getting to know her (the awkward, robotic phase, the girl-crush phase).  She's become a more confident member of the group and the relationship with Sheldon has made progress little by little.  I don't know that they're going to be making any big strides in character development for her, individually or in regards to Sheldon.

I think that would be really fun, but I don't know if the writers would come up with that.

Eventually, but probably not in S8

Not in S8.  Maybe down the line, but it really does depend on what TPTB plan to do with the 4A dynamic.  Who rules the roost there as the group continues to converge there for dinner, etc.?

Probably not until S10 or something.  Or if it's before that, I don't think they'll get married until S10.  I think that once Sheldon considers the idea of getting married, I can't imagine that he'd want anyone else, and I don't think that he'd be able to handle the idea of not being with her at any point in the future.  But getting married is another change to the status quo, and I think he will have to get used to whatever new situations may come down the pike first.

I can't imagine how it will happen, but the why would be what it is for any other human being--he'll decide that he doesn't want to ever be without her.

I don't know how to answer that.

• Like 2

Here goes my two cents :)

There is a huge difference in terms of hope vs. predict. What I hope for? I hope Shamy find their friendship again. I hope they have fun and smile again. I hope it’s a lot less drama, and lot more quirky. I hope that they once again are one another’s exception. Now do I expect any of that? Judging from the prior two seasons, I would say no. This involves a lot of individual work on each of the character’s, as well as sentimentality for the pairing which let’s face it TBBT isn’t big on. So I am trying to go into it as best as I can as a huge fan without expectation and just see what they come up with, and then decide from there.

I think eventually of course he will need to if they are going to remain together. Now the issue is the waiting until that time comes. I am no longer interested in seeing an upset Amy and Sheldon calling all the shots. I hope they can realize it might be time to start making those small adjustments to join them together again and show them moving forward. It doesn’t need to be all drama and angst just because they are a real couple now.

This is Sheldon’s nature and the writers clearly find it amusing. However, looking at it from an Amy perspective as well since she is involved in the relationship too it becomes tricky to watch. I wouldn’t mind them holding hands once every six months, as long as they were happy and enjoying one another again. I think the writers are at a tipping point, are they going to go for it and take Sheldon out of his own way when it comes to Amy or are they going to keep the status quo and have it remain till the S10? We shall see.

I wouldn’t ship a couple so strongly and invest so much time if I had not felt that they were in love. I used to always feel like I was watching a pairing that was in love, and for their own reasons, they didn’t need to say the words or give those physical aspects because it didn’t matter. You could absolutely see the love. And then they decided it was very funny for Amy to push, nag and generally be frustrated with Sheldon making him come across quite low as a boyfriend. It’s unfortunate to see from such a great pairing, but at this point, I would say while Sheldon may love Amy but he doesn’t appreciate her perhaps. And I don’t say this at all because of physical affection. I don’t ever want Sheldon to be unrecognizable. I absolutely adore the character. I just want the bonding and comradery and mutual love that used to be so evident. It’s very up in the air right now.

I would worship and love this idea. In particular, in regards to the sexual issue. I’ve always felt Amy was a whole lot of talk. She says the comments she does and it makes some think that all she wants is to get herself some. However, when you look at her turning her head when Sheldon grabbed the Rubik cube, making shocked faces when he was talking “dirty” to Raj, being shy during D&D, etc. All those point to me that it would make total sense and it would be amazing to see the tables flipped because I will tell you most of the big Shamy moments that I just adore are the ones where Sheldon took control and progressed their dynamic. It just fits so much better.

How long Amy will put up with Sheldon's resisting behavior?

The biggest thing here is that it’s not Amy’s fault, and it’s not Sheldon’s either. It is both of them. The biggest issue in the dynamic as it stands to me today is I feel that the writers are not looking at it all from her point of view, and she really is just Sheldon’s girlfriend to them and that’s it. Amy needs to stop pushing issues that they are not ready for, such as the moving in matter. She also needs to be honest and up front with her feelings which she doesn’t do much these days. The manipulative streak that came out from her in the table episode was difficult to watch. And Sheldon, well, he needs to realize that he has a GEM of a girlfriend, despite it all. Some of his comments this past season *sigh* I hope the writers can think about both sides in the future, and not just how it impacts Sheldon or Shelnard or Shenny or Sheleny (whatever their nickname is :p).

It’s so typical and boring, but I’d rather see a break-up than the same ole thing continuing. I always adored how Shamy used to do things their own way. In my opinion, it’s their greatest asset. It would be a shame to watch them fall into the typical break-up route in order to one day be reunited. However, if handled right and it brought bad ass Amy and unique, quirky Shamy back then I would say, “BRING IT!”

I would hope that they remember that people didn’t become such a huge fan of Amy solely because she was Sheldon’s main squeeze. Just like Penny didn’t only become popular because she slept with Leonard. I admired Amy because of her strength, quirkiness, honesty, confidence, wackiness, and real heart. I hope to learn more about her. I don’t need more episodes on itchy sweaters or couch cushions. It would be amazing to see, and this goes for all the characters, an attitude of investigation with who they are. In regards to Sheldon, I just hope that she doesn’t come running back to him with open arms. I also don’t want her to manipulate or play games with him. These writers really did write themselves into a tricky spot, so we’ll see. But on a positive side, they have surprised me before. Who on earth could have predicted Sheldon giving such an AMAZING first kiss to Amy? He really went for it. I was pleasantly surprised.

I would give you my first born, organs, and even my coupon binder for this storyline to happen.

Words don’t matter to me. I don’t care if they say a line or not. As I said, in S5 especially, I always felt the love and they didn’t even kiss back then. It didn’t matter because you could see the love in their character’s actions and stories with one another. You could see it in the chemistry and happiness they exuded when around one another.

Yes. I think the way marriage was the big step to Lenny, I think that the move in and sex issue is the same for Shamy. I just hope that the joke is dropped more or less till they are ready. I mean, the Lenny proposals after the 50th time wasn’t all that funny. This moving in issue is feeling the same way to me. And I hope that when it does happen it’s of the understanding that he is asking her to move in as a girlfriend, and not just someone to drive him and feed him, such as a Leonard replacement.

I think Amy wants marriage because she feels in her young at heart mind that it’s a representation of the ultimate commitment. I feel that Amy wants all these things because all she really wants is to feel confident and secure with Sheldon’s love. I don’t feel that we have really seen a scene where marriage was brought up with Shamy in a serious way where you knew it was a real discussion about their future. All I need, as I said earlier, is to know that as I am shutting my TV off when the series ends and saying goodbye to this show and pairing that I love knowing that they are truly and deeply in love. On the other hand, I’m not opposed to it. I just can barely picture it with where Shamy are at emotionally at this point in time.

I will steal from Koops here and say that I cannot see Shamy making steps that are not exceptional. Every step they make when they finally get there makes my shipper heart soar. Shamy is an absolute power couple, how could they not be exceptional? Both parties in it are adorable, extremely brilliant, strong, confident and interesting. And then when joined together it just becomes a quirky dream team and as Amy pointed out a story that puts The Beauty & the Beast to shame.

Thanks for reading. Have a good day.

Edited by AndyRenee
  • Like 3

Very interesting questions Cat!! I won't try to answer them cause I don't really know what I want. I can certainly say that I would cry tears of absolute joy if they ever had a project together.I would also be very very happy with the cold feet scenario.

But your question about Sheldon facing his feelings reminded me of the ILY we are waiting. I think it will eventually happen but I cannot imagine them just casually saying "I love you". But I thought that it would be kind of cool if they said something similar to ILY in Amy's made up language. Maybe not exactly ILY just something that has that meaning about them. The guys would be so jealous cause they love stuff like made up languages :p

• Like 1

Very interesting questions Cat!! I won't try to answer them cause I don't really know what I want. I can certainly say that I would cry tears of absolute joy if they ever had a project together.I would also be very very happy with the cold feet scenario.

But your question about Sheldon facing his feelings reminded me of the ILY we are waiting. I think it will eventually happen but I cannot imagine them just casually saying "I love you". But I thought that it would be kind of cool if they said something similar to ILY in Amy's made up language. Maybe not exactly ILY just something that has that meaning about them. The guys would be so jealous cause they love stuff like made up languages :p

Yes I can just see it now. Sheldon is all like I think it is high time we address the tweepadock in the room. I love you and you love me........

• Like 1

Thank you for so many answers to my questions :p I love all of your analysis! Please Cecilia go ahead write what you think what may come, I'd love to hear your answer too :)
As a side note, does someone know who of the writer(s) invented Amy as a character in the first place? I know they had an audition for the actress who was going to portray Amy and Mayim for sure has a lot to say who and what kind of Amy is as a character. I would like to know who of the writers wrote Amy who she actually is as a character, her characteristic behaviour, her personal traits and so on. Does someone know information about this?

To any spoiler free people or to any one who is interested. We are officially half way through this STUPID hiatus.

This is how many days since the finale aired.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140515T20&p0=871&msg=BIG+BANG+FINALE

And this is how many days until the premiere airs.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140922T20&p0=871&msg=BIG+BANG+PREMIERE

Until then I wish us all a speedy second half of the hiatus. :)

• Like 4

To any spoiler free people or to any one who is interested. We are officially half way through this STUPID hiatus.

This is how many days since the finale aired.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140515T20&p0=871&msg=BIG+BANG+FINALE

And this is how many days until the premiere airs.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140922T20&p0=871&msg=BIG+BANG+PREMIERE

Until then I wish us all a speedy second half of the hiatus. :)

Staring at the countdown clock made me sad..........  Thanks for bringing back to reality

Staring at the countdown clock made me sad..........  Thanks for bringing back to reality

I'm sorry it made you sad. Just smile.

sheldon-smile+%282%29.gif

And be thankful that it starts back up again in September and is not delayed because of football season or even worse delayed until 2015!

lpXRq4G.gif

It's gonna be hard in a few weeks knowing the taping reports are out there, and loads of ppl here know what will happen in the first episodes.

But we have to stay strong together!

• Like 5

It's gonna be hard in a few weeks knowing the taping reports are out there, and loads of ppl here know what will happen in the first episodes.

But we have to stay strong together!

I realized that twitter and Tumblr are out for me once taping starts if I want to remain Spoiler Free.  This is going to be hard.  

I realized that twitter and Tumblr are out for me once taping starts if I want to remain Spoiler Free.  This is going to be hard.

I am on Twitter, but only follow a few ppl related to TBBT.

i did follow a lot of ppl from this forum, but I can't expect them not to use Twitter about reports.

Easy, I watch this gif below at least once a day, and usually end up staring at it for several minutes.

q972.gif

But seriously, try to stay away from this forum when taping reports come out, and only follow threads that are spoiler free.[/q

This is the hottest thing ever

• Like 4

q972.gif

But seriously, try to stay away from this forum when taping reports come out, and only follow threads that are spoiler free.[/q

This is the hottest thing ever

Thanks, I'm very proud of it