The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chiany

[Spoiler Free] Shamy S8 Thread

I didn't like the 2nd kiss too much either. She knew it was coming, she should have grabbed onto him, something! Really, Amy? All this talk of physical contact you wanted from Sheldon and he starts giving it to you and you just stand there? LOL.

The second kiss works for me because of the smile Sheldon gives her right before he leans in and the way he grabs her hips and pulls them toward him. I do agree however that we need to see some action from Amy soon. I honestly think (and hope) they are saving us for the next time they kiss to be a full blown make out with them.

• Like 5

Yes, everything you described of what Sheldon did was perfect :) The talking during the kiss was a bit of a buzzkill for me. LOL...I already mentioned to you girls once how I would have improved it: have him smile at her and pull her in just like he did, kiss her passionately, they both pull apart looking into each others eyes, smiling...THEN have him ruin the moment with the light up controllers bit. LOL!!!  

I didn't like the 2nd kiss too much either. She knew it was coming, she should have grabbed onto him, something! Really, Amy? All this talk of physical contact you wanted from Sheldon and he starts giving it to you and you just stand there? LOL.

On the physical side of things, there has been some chatter about Amy being a whole lot of talk and when push comes to shove (yeah I went there, sorry-not-sorry) Sheldon will be all in but Amy will retreat.  Her awkward and stiff (!) responses during the two on air kisses being a foreboding for the storyline going forward?  Not a breakup by any means, but a bump in the relationship and who do they turn to for advice? 

• Like 3

On the physical side of things, there has been some chatter about Amy being a whole lot of talk and when push comes to shove (yeah I went there, sorry-not-sorry) Sheldon will be all in but Amy will retreat.  Her awkward and stiff (!) responses during the two on air kisses being a foreboding for the storyline going forward?  Not a breakup by any means, but a bump in the relationship and who do they turn to for advice? 

I'm not too worried. I have a feeling that their kissing has changed a bit since the last time we saw it on screen. ;)

• Like 3

I am familiar with this future potential plot line and I am all for it. I would LOVE to see Sheldon try to take a further intimacy step with Amy and to have her tell him she is not ready.  Unfortunately I am less confident that this is the route the writers are going, from learning that she openly kissed him in public underneath a mistletoe.

As far as who they would turn to for advice. I would see the usual Sheldon get advice from Leonard and Amy get advice from Penny. I think it would be really weird if they got advice together.

• Like 1

The 2nd kiss is more funny than romantic, prefer the train kiss where he steps into her body and sucks on her lips

Did I mention I find that scene erotically intimate?

• Like 7

I don't really know which one I prefer ...2nd kiss have amazing magic :) It's looks casual in their normal clothes, his smile as he walks to her is adorable ...and it's just so, so cute weird - perfect :icon_biggrin:

The 2nd SIK was special in its own way and I think it was given to us simply to let us know that they do that on a regular basis now. My very first thought after seeing the kiss was how sweet it was that Sheldon didn't want to break the kiss. This is a guy who is always thinking about a million different things, yet his body is still clinging on to the kiss. He is still trying like crazy to pick a video game console and he could've given her a quick little kiss broken it and then asked about the "controllers lighting up", but he didn't, he kept on kissing her. That in itself has always made that kiss special to me.

And as I've said before, nothing will ever beat the first SIK for me. (except maybe if I'm at the coitus taping)

• Like 2

I wonder if at some point, Sheldon will confront Leonard about comments like that. I think that would be interesting to see. After all, it is, sort of, out of line considering Sheldon is who he is and can't help that. 

Anyway, yes, he was pretty much admitting that sex is more than just a possibility at this point. He wants it and he was talking so boldly as if he wanted to do it on prom night but, it didn't happen. 

• Like 3

I think sheldon did have a condom in his wallet, but just as a prop, like the flask. I think when he saw amy and thought about how pretty she looked (especially with penny's comment), that "prop" stated burning a hole in his pocket and was part of what led to him panicking and running away.

Edited by Tomasina
  • Like 5

I think sheldon did have a condom in his wallet, but just as a prop, like the flask. I think when he saw amy and thought about how pretty she looked (especially with penny's comment), that "prop" stated burning a whole in his pocket and was part of what led to him panicking and running away.

Yes I also believe there was a condom in his wallet in that scene. At first I thought I was just crazy, but then I realized others thought the same thing. Maybe we are all crazy. lol :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

Yes I also believe there was a condom in his wallet in that scene. At first I thought I was just crazy, but then I realized others thought the same thing. Maybe we are all crazy. lol :icon_biggrin:

my mother liked to say she didn't believe in tests (though she refused to elaborate on what that meant). So yes, possibly. At least for me.
  • Like 1

my mother liked to say she didn't believe in tests (though she refused to elaborate on what that meant). So yes, possibly. At least for me.

Yeah my mother never tested me either. I could be crazy. But if I admit that I could be crazy does that in fact mean that I am not crazy? Too much thinking.  :icon_razz:

This conversation about craziness sounds fun. My mother never had me tested and she sometimes called me crazy. Actually, many friends from my childhood called me crazy and weird. I finally found people who are crazy about the same things, does that mean I'm not really crazy or those people are also crazy. LOL.

Is it really crazy? Or just being passionate about something (or someone)?

In most cases I think the latter.

• Like 3

Yeah my mother never tested me either. I could be crazy. But if I admit that I could be crazy does that in fact mean that I am not crazy? Too much thinking. :icon_razz:

Ever read Catch 22? ;)

Ever read Catch 22? ;)

Haha no but I am familiar with the logic. Thankfully this means I am not insane.  :)

I'm so slow sometimes. :( There I was watching the episode a few times already and keep wondering what is Sheldon checking his wallet for? The Prom is on his roof after all. For what does he need money then? Anyway. Now that I know, I have to watch again. If he really had a condom in there, where did he get it from? Did he actually go into a drugstore?! I would have loved to see that. The perfectionist that he is stood there probably forever to pick the right one. Lol.

Now I have a humorous vision of Sheldon taking forever in a drugstore trying to decide on the right condom. Kind of reminds me of Indecision. :)

A fanfic of Sheldon finding the best condom would be immensely entertaining.

• Like 7

Copying this from the Cast & Crew thread:

Eric Kaplan was in Denver today and he revealed that he has a name picked out for a Shamy baby!

I know it's a joke, but knowing he thought about it...

O M G !!!!

• Like 5

Kaplan also said there are" good things "ahead for Shamy. We know they don't write too far ahead so I'm thinking February sweeps.

After all we've been given already this season I'm wondering what "things"he could be talking about.

I may need to keep the emergency services on speed dial!!!! :-)

• Like 4

Kaplan also said there are" good things "ahead for Shamy. We know they don't write too far ahead so I'm thinking February sweeps.

After all we've been given already this season I'm wondering what "things"he could be talking about.

I may need to keep the emergency services on speed dial!!!! :-)

49337b392152e38780829e9d590de8c2444d04d6

You're not the only one who needs help if something big happens around the Valentines episode...

Edited by Chiany
  • Like 8

Omg Kaplan thought of a baby name! I don't care if it is just a joke. This makes me extremely happy. I have a not so healthy obsession with Shamy having babies. Although I do not want them in the timeline in the show. I more want a fast forward in the series finale that takes us a couple or so years into the future.

And the fact that Kaplan said "good" things are coming for the Shamy. Eric Kaplan, you have officially become a Shamy shipper in my heart. :)

Wow that might be the cheesiest post I've ever made. lol

• Like 7