The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chiany

[Spoiler Free] Shamy S8 Thread

Random: I really like your profile pic Gorn on the sofa. Never really looked at it closely before. lol :shy:

Thanks! I don't remember where I snagged the picture from, nor whom to give credit, but as a Star Trek fan I couldn't resist :-)!

And, on the subject of the cookies, I'm landing on the side of giving them. I think Amy does things for Sheldon without the expectation of reciprocity. I don't think she would have wanted to put him on the spot, but she also knows him well enough to know he would appreciate her gift, even if he hadn't said so.

• Like 5

Back in The Benefactor Factor, Sheldon gives Leonard a condom, so I wonder if he's gone condom shopping before? Or maybe they give them out at the university. Still, now I have an image of Sheldon not being sure whether to go for regular size or a magnum size and just buying both. Please pardon my dirty mind.

• Like 4

Back in The Benefactor Factor, Sheldon gives Leonard a condom, so I wonder if he's gone condom shopping before? Or maybe they give them out at the university. Still, now I have an image of Sheldon not being sure whether to go for regular size or a magnum size and just buying both. Please pardon my dirty mind.

he probably bought the pack specifically for the pimp pack he put together for leonard, but that doesn't mean he doesn't still have the rest of the box tucked away in the back of his closet.
  • Like 8

He's a tall guy...I think we know what he'd need...

• Like 9

No, that actress definitely isn't old enough. I thought about it after the fact. LOL! Why don't they let the actress that played Amy's mom through Skype be the one, she was old enough. Hahahahaha. Let me stop.

Anyway, I look forward to when Sheldon has to go condom shopping or something like that. It will be funny.

• Like 2

Yeah it would be really cool to see her interact with them. I think I would be happy just to see her interact with Sheldon. The way he talks about her, it would be fascinating to see how he is around her.

I think Sheldon is really different with his Meemaw, since he never had issues kissing her or hugging her. 

He loves his mother, of course, but we saw how they interact with eachother. (It's not always easy but it's working because Mary knows how to deal with her son, even if she wants to "hit him on the head with her bible sometimes" :icon_lol: )

I do think his interaction with his Meemaw will be softer, maybe the writers would show us a different Sheldon.

She was the only person for a long time he just listened, loved and respected with no doubts. (Now he loves Amy too ... this is why I said "for a long time")

He can be really childish around his mother and sister, but I think he talks about everything with his Meemaw, which makes him more human, more adult and probably, more able to understand "what the fuck is happening in his life when he didn't get things".

So, I'm a huge fan of the idea, I just hope the writers will include her in the show, at least for one episode (and not in a sad/drama way ... if you know what I mean) 

• Like 4

That is really cool Monique.

Yes I hope we see Memaw before the end of the show. Maybe she will show up when Shamy are planning their wedding. :)

• Like 1

Thanks, Dana!

OMG, that would be perfect!!!!! (for the record, a jewelry commercial was on and a dude said, "perfect" when I typed that) LOL. During the time when Shamy is planning their wedding, it would rock if Memaw, among other family members, show up :)

• Like 3

I actually hope that we will see Memaw before they are planning their wedding, but I have a feeling since we haven't seen her in 7+ years on the show a big event would have to draw her to Pasadena. I wonder if we will see her before the much anticipated coming soon Shamy coitus. :)

• Like 1

I really hope we do get to see Meemaw. Honestly, every time I hear "guest star" she's the first character I think of. I see her being very protective of Sheldon, but I think he spoke of Amy very often and fondly in his letters to his Meemaw and that added to why she was so accepting of Amy (beside Amy's natural charm of course :shy: ). Like many people have already pointed out, people don't just go throwing around their family recipes. From what it looked like, Sheldon didn't even know it. But Amy was able to convey how much she loved Sheldon in a single phone call and secure the trust of the one (other) person in the world he adores most. I also wouldn't like her first cameo to be incredibly sad, where Sheldon and his family have to say goodbye. But I do think that Meemaw can now feel secure in the fact that her Moonpie will always be loved and cared for.

• Like 4

Here it is: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10913344/1/

I hope you'll enjoy it. It's m-rated (naturally :blush:)...

And thanks Dana, for always asking the right questions! :)

Oh man thank you so much for writing this. The scene with the condoms was awesome. I loved this. Great job. :)

"Wouldn't he be good enough?!" ....... "Would his superior little Dr. Cooper fail him like that? How humilating that would be?"

Edited by dana1010
  • Like 3

Guest Loyal to SPQR and Shamy

Sharing the fun little Shamy write-up I did on buzzfeed.com. It's everything you all already know but anyway, here it is:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjisthebomb/our-little-shelly-is-growing-up-15fe4

No Spoilers. Enjoy...

That is so cool, you are so lucky to get opportunities like this! I loved the interactive gifs and videos. A joy to read; very well written.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

You're so sweet. Actually, I'm not a writer for buzzfeed. They have a "community" there so anyone can write articles. I was thinking that it would be fun to get paid to write for them some day though so I figured, why not join and write an article every once in a while and maybe in the future, I could submit my profile to them as part as my resume :) I see articles on there from their paid staff members sometimes and I think, man, a baby could write that. Hahaha. I may not be the greatest writer but I think I'd be good enough to work for buzzfeed some day. All they do is literally write about the most random things and add pics and gifs. Easy...:)

• Like 4

Happy New Year Shamy fans! May the new year be filled with more happy moments like this. :)

tumblr_n0ycj3fyxB1rn4qwao1_250.gif

• Like 7

I really loved Shamy this episode, they were once again acting like a married couple. Even if they didn't talk a lot, we saw and learned they are still spending a lit of time together.

And glad the eventual living arrangements have been settled.

• Like 1