The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chiany

[Spoiler Free] Shamy S8 Thread

No more off-screen Shamy argh lol

Yep couldn't agree more. I want to see all the moments on screen! Even ones as dull as say Sheldon and Amy brushing their teeth or Sheldon and Amy buy a tooth brush together or whatever it is. lol

I'm going crazy over here without some new Shamy scenes. Thank goodness a new episode airs in less than 9 hours. :shy:

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm sad cause I really don't get the joke.  I've thought about it for weeks and I just don't understand.  Was she laying on the lab bench?  Was she eating it perpendicular to her mouth?  Someone free me from my thoughts and give me clarity.

My favorite interpretation of why Sheldon gets anxious watching Amy eat a banana comes from Tomasina in the Shamy Season 8 Spoilers Thread. 

he can't stand watching her because he just wants her to stick it in her mouth already.

Does Sheldon seriously sit and watch Amy eat a banana? These two are so cute together. lol

My favorite interpretation of why Sheldon gets anxious watching Amy eat a banana comes from Tomasina in the Shamy Season 8 Spoilers Thread. 

Does Sheldon seriously sit and watch Amy eat a banana? These two are so cute together. lol

It was off screen...............

It was off screen...............

Dear writers,

I want an entire episode where Sheldon and Amy eat bananas together. Sheldon doesn't like the way Amy eats hers and demonstrates the correct way to eat one. Then they run out of bananas and they improvise. :wink:

-Shamy fan(s)

• Like 6

Yeah, I'm sad cause I really don't get the joke.  I've thought about it for weeks and I just don't understand.  Was she laying on the lab bench?  Was she eating it perpendicular to her mouth?  Someone free me from my thoughts and give me clarity.

No as in she puts the banana horizontally to her mouth to eat it like you would a slice of watermelon, rather than putting it... ah, tip into her mouth. :laugh: 

Also when Leonard says, "one time when you were sleeping Amy took off her......you are the best roommate ever". What does that mean? Was that based off of a true event? Offscreen Shamy gets to have so much fun. :cool:

• Like 4

No as in she puts the banana horizontally to her mouth to eat it like you would a slice of watermelon, rather than putting it... ah, tip into her mouth. :laugh:

No, still not getting it...........  I think I need a diagram or drawing.......

Also when Leonard says, "one time when you were sleeping Amy took off her......you are the best roommate ever". What does that mean? Was that based off of a true event? Offscreen Shamy gets to have so much fun. :cool:

I KNOW!!!  I totally want to know the end of that sentence.  Offscreen Shamy is like my favorite Shamy.

Edited by notchinc

Why do the writers like putting Amy to so such hardship?

Really hate this episode!

Edited by Chiany

Why do the writers like putting Amy to so such hardship?

Really hate this episode!

I am sad to hear you didn't like it. I am curious to know what Amy hardship you are referring to. Is it because of her date night with Sheldon? Just wondering.

I am sad to hear you didn't like it. I am curious to know what Amy hardship you are referring to. Is it because of her date night with Sheldon? Just wondering.

Of course.

What happened to the Sheldon who listened to Amy and took her advice.

She was/is worried sick about his health, and he just disregards her.

And it was left unfinished, I was getting ready for a break-up.

Of course.

Okay I see. The episode didn't really bother me in that way, but then again none of them ever do. At least Amy had a backbone and was able to kick him out. I didn't expect to see a break up when I watched this being taped. And I am glad they didn't. :)

I KNOW!!!  I totally want to know the end of that sentence.  Offscreen Shamy is like my favorite Shamy.

Okay, so you're supposed to put the banana in your mouth like... okay, like you do... yeah, but it seems Amy puts it up to her mouth sideways. Imagine if you will the banana making a smile. That's how she's eating it.

I will make a crude diagram if need be. :laugh: 

I think they were telling Sheldon true things that they'd been keeping a secret from him because he's uptight. So I fully believe that whatever Leonard was about to say about Amy undressing in their apartment is totally true. Now, he could have been making it up just to see if it got Sheldon's attention, but I'd rather believe it's true. :)

Of course.

Not to excuse his behavior, but he was positively delirious. He hadn't eaten or slept in days and was hallucinating. I don't think he intended to upset her. She was so eager to help him at the start, I don't think he realized that it was really affecting her, even when she said as much, because no information was getting into his brain - only out. When she finally yells at him for the last time, I think it hits him. 

I rather like Amy putting her foot down with Sheldon and not taking his crap. Feisty. B) 

• Like 4

Of course.

Holy overreaction, Batman.

Not to excuse his behavior, but he was positively delirious. He hadn't eaten or slept in days and was hallucinating. I don't think he intended to upset her. She was so eager to help him at the start, I don't think he realized that it was really affecting her, even when she said as much, because no information was getting into his brain - only out. When she finally yells at him for the last time, I think it hits him. 

I rather like Amy putting her foot down with Sheldon and not taking his crap. Feisty. B)

I like that she put her foot down too, but I hate that they have Sheldon act like that to begin with, delirious or not.

And I want to see how it continues, not that everything is all good at the start of the next episode.

Amy doesn't eat banana vertically, like everybody would, because her mother doesn't want, because vertically it might suggest sexual thing...

Amy hold her banana horizontally. So, as it is unusual, it distracts Sheldon. But I think even in the right way it could distract him too. :-D

• Like 1

I like that she put her foot down too, but I hate that they have Sheldon act like that to begin with, delirious or not.

And I want to see how it continues, not that everything is all good at the start of the next episode.

I'm just a masochist and I love a good fight with my OTP. :laugh: I agree though, I do wish there had been some resolution to it beyond, "She threw me out," in this episode. But I think the nice thing about Sheldon and Amy is that while they can get a little heated, they cool off pretty quickly. So she's not mad for too long that he was rude, and he's not mad for too long that she threw him out. 

I'm just a masochist and I love a good fight with my OTP. :laugh: I agree though, I do wish there had been some resolution to it beyond, "She threw me out," in this episode. But I think the nice thing about Sheldon and Amy is that while they can get a little heated, they cool off pretty quickly. So she's not mad for too long that he was rude, and he's not mad for too long that she threw him out. 

But for once I wish they let us see them making up, we never get to see that. By next episode everything will be all honkey dory...

• Like 2

But for once I wish they let us see them making up, we never get to see that. By next episode everything will be all honkey dory...

Yes, I do agree with this. That was one of my favorite of the earliest Shamy moments, when he apologized to her in her lab.

tumblr_mo2zyjdUu81qasxjlo5_250.gif tumblr_mo2zyjdUu81qasxjlo6_250.gif

We had a nice set up of conflict and resolution in that one. It would be nice to see some of that back again.

• Like 4

We had a big talk with Chiany about this episode and I'm perfectly okay too with this episode (and I understand his POV).
It's still difficult to see Amy doing so much for Sheldon and that sometimes he's just unaware how his reaction isn't appropriate when it comes to his GF. 
But well, like I said to Chiany, I'm sure they will talk about this (off-screen) and things are gonna be okay between them after that.

I actually liked this episode and I love the fact that since Sheldon wasn't listening to her (delirious or not), she just kicked him out  :wub:
WAY TO GO AMY ! :wub:
Even if I was hoping that something would happen when he said something about "having dessert" ... but that's only me and my dirty mind working here. 

The banana thing was the only thing I was spoiled about (since there were massive pictures and vids of girls playing with bananas in "Amy" way on IG LMAO.

I'm really looking forward the next ones, who knows what will happen between our two lovebirds (well, spoiled people know for sure, but we don't  :icon_redface: )

• Like 4

I actually liked this episode and I love the fact that since Sheldon wasn't listening to her (delirious or not), she just kicked him out   :wub:

WAY TO GO AMY ! :wub:

This part I really liked as well, just wanted to see how he is going to make it up, even if he was delirious, tired etc.

• Like 1

I kinda agree.. Though everyone knows that Sheldon is annoying, he always apologize and make it up with Amy... As Jim puts it in one of his interviews,"He (Sheldon) didn't exactly knew why he needs her but for him it is good to have her around than not to have her."

• Like 1