The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chiany

[Spoiler Free] Shamy S8 Thread

To any spoiler free people or to any one who is interested. We are officially half way through this STUPID hiatus.

This is how many days since the finale aired.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140515T20&p0=871&msg=BIG+BANG+FINALE

And this is how many days until the premiere airs.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140922T20&p0=871&msg=BIG+BANG+PREMIERE

Until then I wish us all a speedy second half of the hiatus. :)

Geez, we are only a little over half way through the hiatus, seems like its been a lot longer since the finale, but now that taping is beginning again and the Summer is beginning to wind down, it will give the illusion of time going faster and the premiere will be here before we know it - just 60 days to go :sungum:

Edited by luke
  • Like 1

I miss my OTP!  Can't wait til SHAMY reunites again in season 8.  Hope Sheldon gives her a great big smooch on the lips when he sees her again. :D Even better if he grabs her tushie. <3 Yeah thats right I used the word tushie! :p

• Like 3

Same here!! A big smooch when he visits her FIRST. thats what I want most for the return, Sheldon to visit Amy first. 

• Like 2

I miss my OTP!  Can't wait til SHAMY reunites again in season 8.  Hope Sheldon gives her a great big smooch on the lips when he sees her again. :D Even better if he grabs her tushie. <3 Yeah thats right I used the word tushie! :p

We all know he's a fan of her tushie, so why not ;)

I'm staying spoiler free this season! The taping reports always made the scenes sound better/worse than the way they played out when the show aired. (No one's fault that did the taping reports; that's a tough job!) I think the biggest disappointment for me last season was the SIK in Amy's apartment. It sounded so sweet...and then she didn't even kiss him back, really. I still liked it; I had just pictured it playing out more like a true, mutual kiss. Lol I've learned I enjoy the show more when I'm spoiler free but it's going to be a long wait. I hope I'm strong enough! Lol

• Like 3

Good to see more ppl going spoiler free for the entire season.

We can support each other!

Have you all yet seen the bloopers of Season 7? How do you like them? Not much Shamy or Amy though, a bit disappointing :( I think I can post this here since this is not a spoiler concerning season 8.

• Like 2

Have you all yet seen the bloopers of Season 7? How do you like them? Not much Shamy or Amy though, a bit disappointing :( I think I can post this here since this is not a spoiler concerning season 8.

Yeah, but the moment where Mayim tucks away a label on Jim is cute!

I laughed the hardest at Johnny & Melissa with their seatbelts :)

• Like 3

Same here!! A big smooch when he visits her FIRST. thats what I want most for the return, Sheldon to visit Amy first. 

I really just want to see their interaction when they first see each other again. Please oh please writers do not skip that scene. That is all I ask. :)

• Like 4

if they don't show the reaction of when they first see each other I will be flipping tables. LOL. Whoever is going to the taping is required to jump over the railing and slap the writers.

ETA: If that happens at the second taping there better be 12 people jumping over that railing ;)

This is honestly my biggest fear and literally the only way I can be upset with the premiere. My worst case scenario is the opening scene being all of them eating in the living room and it just casually gets mentioned that Sheldon came back a week ago or something. I'm close enough to the studio that if that happens I will go down there and start hurting me some people. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. :)

• Like 3

Weeellllpp.... since I am no longer going to the premiere taping, I guess I'll be kicking it in here with you guys for the next two months.

• Like 3

Weeellllpp.... since I am no longer going to the premiere taping, I guess I'll be kicking it in here with you guys for the next two months.

I'm sorry you're not going to the premiere taping :(

I feel so bad for you guys. :( I really hope they give you tickets to a future date.

• Like 1

Is there somewhere I can watch them

Sorry it couldn't be under better circumstances but allow me to welcome you.

tumblr_mi9hjgzcS31rejpx5o2_400.gif

tumblr_m7g4rds0aF1qj74sxo2_250.gif

• Like 5

Is there somewhere I can watch them

You can watch them, just type "the big bang theory season 7 bloopers" to Youtube, the search will find the right video.

Edited by Catlina

I love it when Sheldon says "alright" after a soothing suggestion from Amy.  My gif makers need to make a gifset of this.  

My favorite in Hesitation Complication when she tells him to treat the first 252 episodes of NCIS as the prequel.  Help me find the others............

• Like 5

I love it when Sheldon says "alright" after a soothing suggestion from Amy.  My gif makers need to make a gifset of this.  

My favorite in Hesitation Complication when she tells him to treat the first 252 episodes of NCIS as the prequel.  Help me find the others............

The cooper extraction : 

Amy: Come on, Sheldon, you should go.

Sheldon: Why?

Amy: Well, you always complain that you never had an intelligent role model growing up, and now you can be one for your nephew.

Sheldon: Ugh, all right, I’ll go. But from what I’ve seen, his attention span is as limited as his bladder control.

• Like 2

Like this?

fdFUqE.gif

• Like 2

The cooper extraction : 

Amy: Come on, Sheldon, you should go.

Sheldon: Why?

Amy: Well, you always complain that you never had an intelligent role model growing up, and now you can be one for your nephew.

Sheldon: Ugh, all right, I’ll go. But from what I’ve seen, his attention span is as limited as his bladder control.

UTeDsJ.gif

• Like 3

You all making me think of my favorite episode The Cooper Extraction. My favorite part is the end when they are walking up the stairs. That was another one of those please kiss or hug her Sheldon. I think I was holding my breath during that entire scene. Little did we know a few episodes later, he would finally kiss her. :shy:

tumblr_mxqag2le3n1sjjby4o1_250.giftumblr_mxqag2le3n1sjjby4o2_250.gif

• Like 3

You all making me think of my favorite episode The Cooper Extraction. My favorite part is the end when they are walking up the stairs. That was another one of those please kiss or hug her Sheldon. I think I was holding my breath during that entire scene. Little did we know a few episodes later, he would finally kiss her. :shy:

tumblr_mxqag2le3n1sjjby4o1_250.giftumblr_mxqag2le3n1sjjby4o2_250.gif

I really liked that scene at first, but in the end Amy almost seemed afraid to touch him, which ruined it for me.

I didn't appreciate that scene, much, either. Sheldon looked so grown up, and the way he tenderly asked "You okay?" made my heart skip. But the pure adulation in Amy's expression was a bit disheartening; she was looking at him so expectantly, as if he were a changed man. It's like she didn't know him at all, like she was looking for a different version of Sheldon that he won't let anyone see.

I didn't like the way she asked, "Did you miss me?" or how she hung on his every word. She seemed so dependent on his reaction, as if it would make or break her. And when she said "aaaaw," and was about to touch him I just... Ugh. Their dynamic appeared to be reminiscent of a girl who's head-over-heels, and an aloof man who doesn't return her feelings. It isn't a dynamic I want to see between Sheldon and Amy, but unfortunatley, that's the way they've been presented on the show for awhile now.

I would've traded the screensaver for an "I missed you, too." Sheldon's made plenty of people his screensaver. He's never admitted, to anyone, that he missed them. And his Han Solo quote wasn't convincing enough, to me.

If they do a replay of this scene when Sheldon returns in S8, I'm going to be gutted.