My roommates probably heard me giggling like a little school girl just now at your comments. LOL.

What about a hot make out session that starts on Sheldon's spot on the couch, the get up and take it to his bedroom where they, of course, don't have sex (the will they or won't they scenario)?. LOL.

• Like 7

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We didn't. 

Sheldon went home that night, counted out 56 fava beans into a bowl, sized it up and said, "all right, Dr. Fowler, we can work with that."

Just one question, when are these two gonna make out? I mean look at the love.  

Posted Images

My roommates probably heard me giggling like a little school girl just now at your comments. LOL.

What about a hot make out session that starts on Sheldon's spot on the couch, the get up and take it to his bedroom where they, of course, don't have sex (the will they or won't they scenario)?. LOL.

This is very similar to the vision of I have of the finale. I am excited regardless what happens. How many days till the finale airs? :icon_biggrin: Maybe we should make it through the last 8 episodes first.

• Like 2

Yeah, the episode was pretty blah for me. It was funny at times, but pretty forgetbable in my opinion. I also liked the end of the opening scene, when Sheldon said that random fact thing and Amy was looking so excited with him. They looked really adorable together.

I agree though about the title, it did feel like it should have been a more meaningful episode than it was. Maybe we have all learned our lesson now to not take titles too seriously. lol

• Like 2

Besides of the beginning ("I proclaimed my love for you"), this was the best part of the episode. I mean what was the point? I really don't mind Sheldon and Penny's friendship. Actually I think they have great chemistry in a fun way. But we already know that they are close to each other. I would have preferred that an episode with such a title would bring some meaningful development, if not for Shamy than at least for another couple. And we are supposed to believe that Amy wouldn't know Sheldon's birthday (not to mention Leonard after living with him for ages)? Seriously?!

On the plus side: Amy was pretty cool in this episode. I loved the "janitor" line. :)

I find it very difficult to believe no one knew his birthday. Mary strikes me as the kind of mom who would send at least a card, if not presents and/or a care package. (Gee, Leonard, ever notice how Sheldon gets a card in late Feb every year? They share a mailbox!) And Sheldon is a twin for goodness sakes. Anyone who wanted to know his birthday could just ask Missy.

That aside, the episode was just ok to me, not due to Shenny vs Shamy vs Lenny issues, but cuz I didn't find it all that funny. Shamy is solid; their interactions in the ironing scene showed that. But I didn't laugh much.

It feels like this episode is just like an okay moving on now kind of episode. I probably won't think about this episode that much in the future. I will forget it exists and then when I watch the series in order, I will stumble upon it again. There's a handful of episodes that are like that for me. I get to that episode and I'm like oh yeah I forgot they made this episode. lol

• Like 1

I find it very difficult to believe no one knew his birthday. Mary strikes me as the kind of mom who would send at least a card, if not presents and/or a care package. (Gee, Leonard, ever notice how Sheldon gets a card in late Feb every year? They share a mailbox!) And Sheldon is a twin for goodness sakes. Anyone who wanted to know his birthday could just ask Missy.

That aside, the episode was just ok to me, not due to Shenny vs Shamy vs Lenny issues, but cuz I didn't find it all that funny. Shamy is solid; their interactions in the ironing scene showed that. But I didn't laugh much.

The birthday thing is really weird to me. I thought he was born around May. He definitely couldn't have kept it hidden all these years. I wonder when Amy's is or if it will ever get mentioned.

• Like 1

Today my husband and I were in a restaurant that had a fundraising thing going on, one of those where you pay $1 and they give you a shamrock to sign, then they put it on the wall.  I didn't want our names on it so I asked my husband (also a TBBT fan) to put the names Sheldon Cooper and Amy Farrah Fowler.  Not only did he do that, he put the word "loves" between their names.

Well your husband aint no liar. :)

I was just thinking today about how Shamy must have gotten started because some person in the BBT writers room was like hey we should give Sheldon a girlfriend. I love this person whoever he/she may be. I wonder what the original reaction was and how the storyline got developed. Was it originally just supposed to be a friend thing and then they decided to change it. I know the writers say they don't plan that far ahead, but it still makes me curious. Did they plan it to be a quick thing with Amy coming in and then leaving suddenly? These are the things I wonder about.

• Like 5

I'm going to guess Amy was supposed to be a few episode thing, kind of like Stephanie. I'm thinking Bernadette and Howard weren't supposed to be a long term thing either. My take on it is, the couples (other than Lenny), were intended to balance out what was supposed to be the absurdity of a nerd getting the hot chick. Turns out the couples were better comedic fodder than the writers anticipated. And as a fan fic writer, I *know* stories can take on a life of their own, going in directions I hadn't planned or suspected at the beginning. I believe the chemistry between Jim and Mayim took everyone by surprise and Mayim's Amy was embraced by the audience. I think if Amy would have just faded into the sunset, there would have been a riot :-)!

• Like 4

You know how they throw episodes together.  My guess is when they brought her in, it was just an idea for a season-ending (kinda) cliffhanger and they hadn't thought about the next season.  It wasn't long into the next season before they realized this relationship showed a different side of Sheldon, as Jim said it's the first time he actually sought out the company of someone else, and the story possibilities were fascinating and unique.  These two are the cutest couple on TV.

• Like 5

I've said this before and I will say it again and no offense to Kate Miccuci who auditioned for Amy, I am glad that Mayim got the part!

She and Jim have fantastic chemistry and I don't think shamy would of worked as well with anybody else

• Like 8

I agree I think the chemistry between the two of them definitely brought something to the table. I just wonder who was the first to suggest they give him a girlfriend. Has Bill, Chuck, or Steve ever taken credit for it? Who had the first thought of hey we should give this weird quirky guy a weird quirky girlfriend and it will just be amazing. I strongly believe the addition of Amy and Bernadette for that matter saved the show. Not in the way that the show was dying cause it was not, but in a way that it allowed the show to extend to 10 seasons. Just my opinion.

• Like 7

I've said this before and I will say it again and no offense to Kate Miccuci who auditioned for Amy, I am glad that Mayim got the part!

She and Jim have fantastic chemistry and I don't think shamy would of worked as well with anybody else

To paraphrase Jim: someone else's success is not your failure.

• Like 3

Dana, you should just be a Shamy fan representative that's paid to go to all Comic Cons and ask them these questions for us. LOL! Your brain is wonderful. Hahaha.

Edited by MJistheBOMB
  • Like 4

For the record, I totally accidently posted a spoiler in here last night thinking I was in the Spoiler thread. SOOOOO glad none of you were in here. LOL.

I was like, "I'M IN THE SPOILER FREE ONE! DELETE! DELETE!!!!" Hahaha.

• Like 3

Dana, you should just be a Shamy fan representative that's paid to go to all Comic Cons and ask them these questions for us. LOL! Your brain is wonderful. Hahaha.

Wow thank you and yes I agree to get paid to become your Shamy fan representative at Comic Con lol. I could think of probably a dozen questions for all the actors and the writers that would be more interesting than "are you like your character". lol :cool:

• Like 5

For the record, I totally accidently posted a spoiler in here last night thinking I was in the Spoiler thread. SOOOOO glad none of you were in here. LOL.

I was like, "I'M IN THE SPOILER FREE ONE! DELETE! DELETE!!!!" Hahaha.

I can't find the gif I am looking for to represent our reaction in here if we had seen the spoiler in here. Insert gif of Amy on the phone with Bernadette when she  says she can't do it anymore in the Wildebeest Implemenation.

Amy: "We may have to kill her" :shy:

• Like 2

I can't find the gif I am looking for to represent our reaction in here if we had seen the spoiler in here. Insert gif of Amy on the phone with Bernadette when she says she can't do it anymore in the Wildebeest Implemenation.

Amy: "We may have to kill her" :shy:

Here you go:post-17442-142559243431_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2