The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chiany

[Spoiler Free] Shamy S8 Thread

I didn't appreciate that scene, much, either. Sheldon looked so grown up, and the way he tenderly asked "You okay?" made my heart skip. But the pure adulation in Amy's expression was a bit disheartening; she was looking at him so expectantly, as if he were a changed man. It's like she didn't know him at all, like she was looking for a different version of Sheldon that he won't let anyone see.

I didn't like the way she asked, "Did you miss me?" or how she hung on his every word. She seemed so dependent on his reaction, as if it would make or break her. And when she said "aaaaw," and was about to touch him I just... Ugh. Their dynamic appeared to be reminiscent of a girl who's head-over-heels, and an aloof man who doesn't return her feelings. It isn't a dynamic I want to see between Sheldon and Amy, but unfortunatley, that's the way they've been presented on the show for awhile now.

I would've traded the screensaver for an "I missed you, too." Sheldon's made plenty of people his screensaver. He's never admitted, to anyone, that he missed them. And his Han Solo quote wasn't convincing enough, to me.

If they do a replay of this scene when Sheldon returns in S8, I'm going to be gutted.

I loved the Han Solo quote, but I can get that ppl want to hear him say the actual words.

But that's the whole Sheldon slowly growing thing. i think we will hear him say thing like "I miss you" or "I love you" someday with those actual words, it just takes time. He's slowly getting there.

• Like 1

I didn't appreciate that scene, much, either. Sheldon looked so grown up, and the way he tenderly asked "You okay?" made my heart skip. But the pure adulation in Amy's expression was a bit disheartening; she was looking at him so expectantly, as if he were a changed man. It's like she didn't know him at all, like she was looking for a different version of Sheldon that he won't let anyone see.

I didn't like the way she asked, "Did you miss me?" or how she hung on his every word. She seemed so dependent on his reaction, as if it would make or break her. And when she said "aaaaw," and was about to touch him I just... Ugh. Their dynamic appeared to be reminiscent of a girl who's head-over-heels, and an aloof man who doesn't return her feelings. It isn't a dynamic I want to see between Sheldon and Amy, but unfortunatley, that's the way they've been presented on the show for awhile now.

I would've traded the screensaver for an "I missed you, too." Sheldon's made plenty of people his screensaver. He's never admitted, to anyone, that he missed them. And his Han Solo quote wasn't convincing enough, to me.

If they do a replay of this scene when Sheldon returns in S8, I'm going to be gutted.

Hasen't that always been their dynamic though? It's a balancing act, Sheldon needs to catch up to where Amy is at in the relationship IMO.

Thinking a little more about it, I remember a moment I did not like at all in that episode. I hated the "Rice Sheldon" thing, that made her look overly desperate imo. Almost pathetic.

And it's also a little bit creepy...

I think they used Rice Sheldon to make the impact of the screensaver even bigger. Things like that made us feel bad for Amy, and then the screensaver let us see Sheldon does care/love her, but has not find out how to tell her.

And this all was a setup for the Vday kiss.

That's at least how I see it.

• Like 2

This is why I enjoy this forum. Reading others opinions about scenes that are completely the opposite of mine entertains me. I have no problem with the walking up the stairs and Amy's hesitation to initiate contact. I view the scene as Amy seeing a whole new side of Sheldon and fighting the urge to tell him about the screen savor, but respecting him enough to not bring it up. I know the "or instead of me" line at the end punched some people in the gut, but it has never really bothered me.

For the rice part, I remember more the line right before of "if that were true, I wouldn't still be living alone". The significance to me in this scene was that she didn't say "if that were true, I wouldn't still be a virgin". It showed me that she isn't the sex crazed person, some believe her to be. She simply wants to be close to Sheldon.

Just my interpretation of the episode, as I've said before, it is probably my favorite. Also Chiany, I agree, I think it was a set up for the VDay kiss.

• Like 6

The whole rice Sheldon thing made me Lol hard!

I visualized the whole thing in my mind, Amy cuddling/spooning that big sack of rice with Sheldon's red Flash shirt on it in her bed ;)

Edited by Chiany
  • Like 3

I visualized the whole thing in my mind, Amy cuddling/spooning that big sack of rice with Sheldon's red Flash shirt on it in her bed ;)

Add in Leonard's hugging machine from his childhood and she's good to go. ;)

• Like 1

Hasen't that always been their dynamic though? It's a balancing act, Sheldon needs to catch up to where Amy is at in the relationship IMO.

Their dynamic was vastly different in S4. It was much better, too. They were on equal ground and things were balanced. Sheldon's feelings for her were much more palpable as well; if anything, he seemed to be the one ahead in the relationship, while Amy was more aloof. ('So you haven't fallen hopelessly in love with me?' / 'Don't be absurd. I find the notion of romantic love to be an unnecessary cultural construct that adds no value to human relationships.')

Their relationship is entirely different from what it used to be. I still don't know what to make of it. To me, adopting 25 cats carries a lot more weight than a screensaver, and Sheldon did that in The Zazzy Substitution (3x03). I just don't think that garden-variety romance is necessary in showing Sheldon and Amy's love for one another. It's different for them. I wish Amy would realize that.

LOL - but oh my gosh, noooo. That's even worse. Edited by sonicdeathrae

But still a poor substitute for Cuddles ;)

• Like 2

Their relationship has kind of switched positions now with Sheldon the one dragging his heels but they are still good

This is very true. Amy has caught up and has overtaken Sheldon.

I just hope that this season we see them coming more together regarding speed in the relationship.

Wether that means Amy has to slow down, or Sheldon finds a way to catch up with her, but still in his own way.

• Like 1

You're such a guy

Edited by notchinc
  • Like 1

Also can I point out that during raiders when Sheldon was telling Amy how mad he was with her, look at his eyes, roving over her body

He is so into her!

• Like 3

You're such a guy

Like you girls never do that ;)

Also can I point out that during raiders when Sheldon was telling Amy how mad he was with her, look at his eyes, roving over her body

He is so into her!

And when she dropped her coat to reveal that catholic schoolgirl outfit his glanced her up & down while gulping.

• Like 1

The scene where they were watching Raiders together was adorable, especially the way he kept peeking at her out of the corner of his eye with a big dorky grin on his face. I love watching him share his favorite things with her so eagerly.

• Like 3

The scene where they were watching Raiders together was adorable, especially the way he kept peeking at her out of the corner of his eye with a big dorky grin on his face. I love watching him share his favorite things with her so eagerly.

I agree, but I hope we get to see it the other way around, that he joins her to watch/do something she likes.

Definitely. It'd be interesting to have Amy introduce Sheldon to a TV show/hobby/etc. of hers and then have Sheldon become completely enamoured with it; like the time Penny suddenly got obsessed with Age of Conan. It'd be even funnier if it was something you'd never expect him to be interested in (like the one time he read Pride and Prejudice). That's what made it so hilarious when Penny got pulled under into the realm of MMORPG/when the girls started arguing over comic books.

Definitely. It'd be interesting to have Amy introduce Sheldon to a TV show/hobby/etc. of hers and then have Sheldon become completely enamoured with it; like the time Penny suddenly got obsessed with Age of Conan. It'd be even funnier if it was something you'd never expect him to be interested in (like the one time he read Pride and Prejudice). That's what made it so hilarious when Penny got pulled under into the realm of MMORPG/when the girls started arguing over comic books.

Amy appears to be interested in some Medival things (poetry I think is one of them), so maybe Sheldon could write one and "serenade" her ;)

I think he will be chasing Amy again for a while in S8 - it would be just what they need and there's a lot of comedy potential there too!

• Like 2

I just hope they return to having fun again like they did in Season 4 & 5, but now with onscreen kissing & hugging.

After that, they can slowly progress towards more intimacy (make out sessions in front of the others), before heading to the bedroom.

But the bedroom won't be reached untill season 9 I think.

• Like 4

Yes, I have said it before, I don't see them getting to the final stage of intimacy until season 9 the earliest. 

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 1

Amy appears to be interested in some Medival things (poetry I think is one of them), so maybe Sheldon could write one and "serenade" her ;)

I see them knitting together, since Amy's hardcore into quilting and Sheldon can make a mean loom. ;)
  • Like 2

Glad they put so much thinking whether he should touch her hips or not!! I like the fact that it means something to the people who write the show!!!

Awwwww she thinks it was neat that they didn't speak on the next episode. She is like the worst Shamy ever but she is soooo cute that I don't really mind. I just need anything from our captain's mouth and the balance in universe will be restored!! :p

• Like 3