The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chiany

[Spoiler Free] Shamy S8 Thread

I really admire you guys. I tried last season but was unsuccessful. Maybe I'll try to go spoiler free at some episodes but not the first one. Luckily work will help. I'll think of but certainly knowing you guys will be here makes the temptation greater!! :)

• Like 2

As someone who is generally the biggest spoilerphobe on the planet (shocking, I know), I would say that titles are extremely spoilery. Does it tell you specifics? Maybe, maybe not. But any information about the episode that might alter your perception of it, or give you a hint as to what you might expect in the episode, is a spoiler. And with episode titles, sometimes they're nonsense, sometimes they're not. Even if you don't guess exactly what will happen, you still have that title in your brain when you watch the episode and then when something happens in it that triggers your understanding of the title, it kind of takes that joy away. 

I have to disagree with this. For me, I have never felt that a title of an episode gave away a spoiler for me. I mean maybe the Proton title ones told me that Proton was coming back, but I would probably have already known that. Again though I will never post titles, promos, promo pics, or anything related to new episodes in this thread. I would never want to spoil someone. :)

So what do you fellow unspoiled shippers think will happen in the first two episodes of season 8?

And what will Sheldon do first when he returns?

How much time will have passed since Sheldon's departure?

I think we will see Amy throwing herself at her work, with Sheldon gone and Lenny just spending time together in their engagement bliss.

She'll be very sad, and at the end of episode 1 we see/hear showing up at her door.

Episode 2 can show us what he has been doing during his time away.

I'm, generally, spoiler free for most of the episodes, but since I follow the Shamy tag on Tumblr, stay spoiler free for Shamy plots is kinda hard. Like last season, I started seeing post fangirling/boying over the kiss, and that was a one way ticket to spoilerland for me lol

Here's a suggestion, you all want to know what happens with Sheldon, just read the report for the first one and then go back to spoiler free :)

No thanks!

• Like 1

Here's a suggestion, you all want to know what happens with Sheldon, just read the report for the first one and then go back to spoiler free :)

big-bang-theory-quotes-22.gif

Sorry Rachel, I don't like to be spoiled. Enjoy tomorrow night. I'll still be waiting....... :)

• Like 1

Worth a try!

Just think of all the excitement!

Well the risk that

A ) We don't find out what happens/happened to Sheldon & Shamy in the first episode

B ) That the temptation to stay spoiled might be to great, it would be for me

You two are good!

I haven't been unspoiled since s5!

Hey I say as long as you are happy then keep doing it! :)

• Like 1

I'm gonna (and already did) miss you on the spoiler thread Chiany but I respect your choice.
I hope you didn't forget to unfollow me on Twitter because I think I'm gonna tweet spoilers and I don't want you to risk to see things you don't want to.

Few weeks of lucky guess before the first episode in September 22th.
You're all very brave. I thought I could be unspoiled but I really can't. 
Even more since I joined Tumblr community ...  :icon_rolleyes: 

Maybe when I'll be back into studies, I'll have less time for TBBT (hope not) and I will join you then. :)

I'm gonna (and already did) miss you on the spoiler thread Chiany but I respect your choice.

I hope you didn't forget to unfollow me on Twitter because I think I'm gonna tweet spoilers and I don't want you to risk to see things you don't want to.

Yes, sadly I unfollowed you :(

But that's my choice, and we still have this forum. I'll ofcourse join in the episode threads after it aired.

And we keep in touch about your story ;)

hmm I'm actually going to go with 2 to 3 months for how long Sheldon will be gone. The more I think about the sabbatical  line by Leonard the more it makes me think it was put there by the writers to let us know that Sheldon will be gone for more than just a week or so. My dream fantasy for the first scene of the premiere is in fact a dream. I want the first scene to be Sheldon dreaming on the train about coming home and seeing Amy again. A sort of way to trick the viewers because we won't know it is a dream until the opening is over.

As for when he will for real come home, I really hope it is some time within the first two episodes. I think if he comes home at the end of the second episode, that will make for one dramatic intense almost unbearable week for the unspoiled to get through to wait for ep 3 to see what happens with Shamy. I'm crossing my fingers for Sheldon to come home at least before the tag of the 2nd episode. :)

• Like 2

Just checking in spoiler free land.

tumblr_inline_n0idbuqqUx1rckbps.jpg

This thread needs some action.

Less than a month away.

tumblr_liwgo2yw781qix1rzo1_500.gif

• Like 2

Are you guys going to read spoilers for episode 3 onwards before eps 1 & 2 air? Because episode 3 will spoil the first two.

Great news Bella Duveen and QueenBeeMaja!

Are you guys going to read spoilers for episode 3 onwards before eps 1 & 2 air? Because episode 3 will spoil the first two.

I can't speak for others because I am always spoiler free unless I go to a taping, so I will not be reading the taping report for the 3rd episode until after it airs. I think people who are doing (and succeeding) in the spoiler free for the first 2 episode challenge will not read the 3rd episode taping report until after the premiere airs. Because I'm pretty sure episode 3 will spoil the first two as well.

• Like 3

I also plan to stay spoiler free for the whole season. And I've learned to be extra careful here on this forum. I got spoiled a little by accident today. Beginners mistake maybe (being new to a forum and new to being spoiler free as well). But it was just one sentence and thankfully nothing was revealed about what happens.

You'll learn to know where and when to go to places on the forum. I have had my close calls on here, but nothing too major. Spoiled people are very good about keeping spoiled discussions in spoiler threads. :)

Also it's time to celebrate, with over 150 replies to this thread, we have officially become a HOT topic!

1517a079bc509534062.gif

Note: I stole borrowed this gif from Tripper. :)

• Like 1

Dialogue I think would be fun to see between Sheldon and Amy. 

Sheldon: "Amy, I missed you"

Amy: "Of course you did"