The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
3ku11

[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

Yeah it needed to stay in this thread. I love the look penny was giving leonard. It tells us all we need to know.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The scene at the end of the episode, is how they should be portrayed as an engaged couple, doing things together and touching each other. Being engaged is a very romantic time for a couple and they tend to be around each other a lot, at least the engaged couples I have known. Penny being with Leonard the whole time for his operation, the episode before, and then this episode, where she is whinning a little for him to come to her then sort of following and hanging on him just seems right for their situation. I hope the writers keep portraying them like that, when they are in the background.

• Like 6

Yeah exactly. I posted the pic in the Lenny thread. As it specifically relates to a moment, and ppl who like this specific characterization. Has nothing to do with the ep it self. Its like if I posted a specific Shamy pic in the ep thread. It would be more appropriate in the Shamy thread. Chrismos a theif lol.

If the picture is from that episode it's appropriate to that thread. While a GIF from the proposal scene or Pennys I love you scene wouldn't be proper in this week's episode thread, that GIF is from this week's episode, and so is proper in this thread. As far as your contention that Chrismo is being a thief, where exactly did you get that GIF? Or, where did you get the clip that GIF comes from? I'm willing to bet you didn't take that picture by getting the actors to recreate it.

So taping tomorrow, can't remember the title. Just wondering if it's going to be a lenny episode, I am not building up my hopes. What do you guys think?.

So taping tomorrow, can't remember the title. Just wondering if it's going to be a lenny episode, I am not building up my hopes. What do you guys think?.

The Anxiety Optimization. The title doesn't sound like it.(maybe Raj). I don't think they are going to keep talking about the move and I'm not sure when they are going to have something about Howard's mom.

The Anxiety Optimization. The title doesn't sound like it.(maybe Raj). I don't think they are going to keep talking about the move and I'm not sure when they are going to have something about Howard's mom.

Yeah, could be. Raj & Emily are due some screen time. Oh well, a guy can only hope. Guess the moving in thing is not going to be brought up for a while now. A little bit of lenny tho should keep me going for a while, until I need my next fix.

Yeah, could be. Raj & Emily are due some screen time. Oh well, a guy can only hope. Guess the moving in thing is not going to be brought up for a while now. A little bit of lenny tho should keep me going for a while, until I need my next fix.

I know I've probably said this before but an Emily appearance could relate to Leonard and Penny.

I know I've probably said this before but an Emily appearance could relate to Leonard and Penny.

Yeah, I just hope they don't bring up the hookup again & just concentrate on them putting their differences aside & work it out. Leonard & penny are too strong to let Emily get to them.

Yeah, I just hope they don't bring up the hookup again & just concentrate on them putting their differences aside & work it out. Leonard & penny are too strong to let Emily get to them.

But I think it's going to have to be brought up for it to be resolved. That's why it appears they don't get along. IMO I just don't see Leonard taking Penny's side, at least right away, on this one. I think if anyone is going to understand Emily's feelings on this it will be Leonard.

But I think it's going to have to be brought up for it to be resolved. That's why it appears they don't get along. IMO I just don't see Leonard taking Penny's side, at least right away, on this one. I think if anyone is going to understand Emily's feelings on this it will be Leonard.

I disagree, they are now engaged and that's what engaged couple do. Support each other. and why would Leonard take her side?. Leonard is over it & he wouldn't have asked penny out again if he wasn't. Leonard has never brought it up so I'm thinking they have talked about it & it's now dust under the carpet.

I disagree, they are now engaged and that's what engaged couple do. Support each other. and why would Leonard take her side?. Leonard is over it & he wouldn't have asked penny out again if he wasn't. Leonard has never brought it up so I'm thinking they have talked about it & it's now dust under the carpet.

I don't know, the writers like to still have Leonard put his foot in his mouth, so I could see them do something to make Leonard and Penny uncomfortable. Like it coming up between Emily and Penny again and Leonard taking no ones side, making Penny think it still bothers him, which makes her feel bad. Remember she said in the next episode to Amy that she hurt Leonard by doing that. It could be a way to bring all Penny's past laisons up for discussion once and for all. However that might be too much drama, so they might do nothing.

I think though the situation was easy enough to move on from since Raj never had a girlfriend or one the gang all met. It's obviously it's seems to be causing friction. Emily may be a little insecure but Penny was a bit nonchalant about the whole thing. The seven of them know the whole story. In regards to Lenny talking about it did Penny tell Leonard about the "fake" wedding to Zack?

I don't know, the writers like to still have Leonard put his foot in his mouth, so I could see them do something to make Leonard and Penny uncomfortable. Like it coming up between Emily and Penny again and Leonard taking no ones side, making Penny think it still bothers him, which makes her feel bad. Remember she said in the next episode to Amy that she hurt Leonard by doing that. It could be a way to bring all Penny's past laisons up for discussion once and for all. However that might be too much drama, so they might do nothing.

There's been really been no drama between Leonard and Penny this season unless you count Billy Bob. Leonard has met Emily only once and he doesn't seem to know there is a problem between Emily/Penny. I just think he can relate to some of Emily's jealousy.

I see your point, but like you said if they bring up all penny past, it will be too much drama & it's a comedy so they are not going to go there. Leonard did say to the guys, did penny tell him about all her flings, so like I said they talked about it, but we also know from Amy that penny lies to Leonard so you might have a point.

I think though the situation was easy enough to move on from since Raj never had a girlfriend or one the gang all met. It's obviously it's seems to be causing friction. Emily may be a little insecure but Penny was a bit nonchalant about the whole thing. The seven of them know the whole story. In regards to Lenny talking about it did Penny tell Leonard about the "fake" wedding to Zack?

Penny didn't tell Leonard because she thought it was fake. I also think she felt embarrassed about it, so kept it quiet until she was confident enough in Leonard to bring it up.

Penny didn't tell Leonard because she thought it was fake. I also think she felt embarrassed about it, so kept it quiet until she was confident enough in Leonard to bring it up.

The only reason it was brought up was Sheldon was being forced to do something different on Thanksgiving. I'm not sure what happened that season 4 Thanksgiving but Leonard may have known she was with Zack.

The only reason it was brought up was Sheldon was being forced to do something different on Thanksgiving. I'm not sure what happened that season 4 Thanksgiving but Leonard may have known she was with Zack.

They never said, all we know it happened in S4. When? is a mystery, but definitely during the Priya era.

I don't think theirs any need to involve Emily to cause some kind of tension. The writers have seemed to outgrow that kinda writing for Lenny. So I would be dissapointed if they went back their. The whole thing is a non issue. It was four seasons ago, and it diddnt matarilize into anything. It was sloppy and lazy writing as it was. I just think theirs more storyline possibilities then rearing something thats been beat to dead. Only reason itself still relevant. Is Emily has alot of deep seeded insecurities and shortcomings it seems.

They never said, all we know it happened in S4. When? is a mystery, but definitely during the Priya era.

Nah it was before the Priya era. Around the time the guys made fun of him. And when Penny dressed up as SuperWomen for Nye. Some where around then, she got pretend married. Well she thought so anyway. I had no problem with the storyline, it was hilarious on the surface its a comedy after all. Edited by 3ku11

I don't theirs any need to involve Emily to cause some kind of tension. The writers have seemed to outgrow that kinda writing for Lenny. So I would be dissapointed if they went back their. The whole thing is a non issue. It was four seasons ago, and it diddnt matarilize into anything. It was sloppy and lazy writing as it was. I just think theirs more storyline possibilities then rearing something thats been beat to dead. Only reason itself still relevant. Is Emily has alot of deep seeded insecurities and shortcomings it seems.

Agreed. But knowing the writers, they will go their again. I just want it to be dead & buried for good.

I don't think theirs any need to involve Emily to cause some kind of tension. The writers have seemed to outgrow that kinda writing for Lenny. So I would be dissapointed if they went back their. The whole thing is a non issue. It was four seasons ago, and it diddnt matarilize into anything. It was sloppy and lazy writing as it was. I just think theirs more storyline possibilities then rearing something thats been beat to dead. Only reason itself still relevant. Is Emily has alot of deep seeded insecurities and shortcomings it seems.

Nah it was before the Priya era. Around the time the guys made fun of him. And when Penny dressed up as SuperWomen for Nye. Some where around then, she got pretend married. Well she thought so anyway. I had no problem with the storyline, it was hilarious on the surface its a comedy after all.

You might be right, but that's just speculations, again until we get a specific S4 time frame from the tptb. which is not going to happen.

It was Thanksgiving of Season 4.   Amy specifically mentions if Bernadette and Raj know that Penny married Zack three years ago.  For reference, during season four the week before Thanksgiving  (November 18) was 7.09, The Boyfriend Complexity.  The week after Thanksgiving (9 December) was 7.10, The Alien Parasite Hypothesis.   The week after that, (December 16) was The Justice League Recombination.   

• Like 2

It was Thanksgiving of Season 4. Amy specifically mentions if Bernadette and Raj know that Penny married Zack three years ago. For reference, during season four the week before Thanksgiving (November 18) was 7.09, The Boyfriend Complexity. The week after Thanksgiving (9 December) was 7.10, The Alien Parasite Hypothesis. The week after that, (December 16) was The Justice League Recombination.

Yeah I was in the ballpark haha.

It was Thanksgiving of Season 4. Amy specifically mentions if Bernadette and Raj know that Penny married Zack three years ago. For reference, during season four the week before Thanksgiving (November 18) was 7.09, The Boyfriend Complexity. The week after Thanksgiving (9 December) was 7.10, The Alien Parasite Hypothesis. The week after that, (December 16) was The Justice League Recombination.

Thanks for clarifying. @skull, That rules out Justice League Recombination that was NYE., not thanksgiving

Thanks for clarifying. @skull, That rules out Justice League Recombination that was NYE., not thanksgiving

Yeah I know I diddnt say exact date. But it was after thanksgiving. Seeing she was still dating Zac then. So she was prob married to him then. So just general time frame Edited by 3ku11

But Leonard was not going out with Priya then.

Yeah true so I dont think it ever mattered.

Yep, you're right, Leonard and Priya started dating in February.  4.16, The Cohabitation Formalization (about Howard moving in with Bernadette), was broadcast on 19 February 19th.

Yeah I know I diddnt say exact date. But it was after thanksgiving. Seeing she was still dating Zac then. So she was prob married to him then. So just general time frame

In "Justice League" he states specifically that she got back together with him, so she was no longer dating him, but was married to him.