[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.seat42f.com/the-big-bang-theory-season-8-episode-8-photos-the-prom-equivalency.html/4

See you tomorrow Mike!!

I agree that she wasn't in love with him at the Halloween party, she was never in the love at first sight mode, like he was. The Halloween party just gave the audience the first proof that there was

Posted Images

Isn't next week's taping the Valentine's episode? Rather have lack of Lennt this taping than next.

Theirs a possibility they won't be shooting a Valentine's day ep. Can't imagine Howard and Bernadette wanting to celebrate. Plans for funeral, onscreen or off screen. B

Yes, pop tart, despite our complaints of Leonard being minimized, in these moments he's still the leader of the group. A great line that matches the feeling for both Mrs W and Carol.

And someone might not like Penny's stereotyped contribution about Mrs W saying she was too skinny ( you know it's just about her looks) but in the world of sitcoms, and possibly the stereotypical Jewish Mum I envision from very limited experience , it's very much the type of comment a Mrs W would say to a young lady like Penny so appropriate for me.

And now we've got this difficult event out of my he way for the writers, hopefully they manage to remember a certain couple they have neglected a bit lately and they sit down to write some engagement stories

• Like 7

Leonard got to say the most touching line of the episode:"She was a great mom - to all of us."Caring,sensitive and very Leonard imo.

This 100%. We all picked up on this fact. Johnny did it very well. He had a very minor role but got to say that last impactful line Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 6

You know another episode of Lenny being taken advantage of and then the sad story of Mrs. W dying does not sound like a episode that is going to be a favorite of Lenny fans. Am I the only person who is getting sick of the way Sheldon acts towards Lenny? That crap last week with him telling Lenny they could have one night together and now experimenting on them like lab animals, this is bullshit. Any normal couple would be pissed as hell, this is getting ridiculous. At this point, I actually want to see some Lenny revenge at this point, it would actually be some nice couple interaction to have them both doing something to torture Sheldon, like he does to them all the time.

I'm getting tired every week trying to justify why Lenny is being treated the way they are and hoping the second half of the season is better. Screw that, I want my good Lenny stuff now, no more waiting.

• Like 3

In my ever hopeful pov, I look at this episode as sort of turning the corner for Season 8. The corner was probably a little further than originally planned, but there was a need to say goodbye to Carol Ann. That also required the writers to deal with Stuart and the comic book store sooner than they would have otherwise (my opinion only). Now that TBBT family loss has been handled in a lovely closing scene to this episode, things can now move forward. I think that us fans of Leonard and Penny will begin to see more plot lines that deal with them as a couple. Not unlike last season, when they seemed to be featured more later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 7

You know another episode of Lenny being taken advantage of and then the sad story of Mrs. W dying does not sound like a episode that is going to be a favorite of Lenny fans. Am I the only person who is getting sick of the way Sheldon acts towards Lenny? That crap last week with him telling Lenny they could have one night together and now experimenting on them like lab animals, this is bullshit. Any normal couple would be pissed as hell, this is getting ridiculous. At this point, I actually want to see some Lenny revenge at this point, it would actually be some nice couple interaction to have them both doing something to torture Sheldon, like he does to them all the time.

I'm getting tired every week trying to justify why Lenny is being treated the way they are and hoping the second half of the season is better. Screw that, I want my good Lenny stuff now, no more waiting.

You know, I am not really mad about this episode not featuring much lenny because I am used it now. Like I said many times, S8 is a Sheldon & Shamy and going to add a penny season. Good growth for them & happy for them. I am done with getting pissed off with the lack of lenny, its not going to change anything.We may get a big plot probably a couple of episodes, 8x22,23 & maybe 24 to discuss wedding plans etc. But for now I have resigned myself to enjoying the little lenny i get because I don't see it changing or improving anytime soon . JMO.

PS. I am going to closed my window now. ☺

#[email protected]

At this rate, the V-day episode will be Lenny away at a B&B (all off screen) where they break-up (again all off screen) and we only find out about it when Sheldon comes back on the 15th to find both Leonard and Penny have moved out to different Apts.. BTW, I don't like it either, but there's nothing I can't do about it and bitching about it seems pointless. I just have to hope it will work out later this season.

Edited by eirwinrommel

In my ever hopeful pov, I look at this episode as sort of turning the corner for Season 8. The corner was probably a little further than originally planned, but there was a need to say goodbye to Carol Ann. That also required the writers to deal with Stuart and the comic book store sooner than they would have otherwise (my opinion only). Now that TBBT family loss has been handled in a lovely closing scene to this episode, things can now move forward. I think that us fans of Leonard and Penny will begin to see more plot lines that deal with them as a couple. Not unlike last season, when they seemed to be featured more later.

Perhaps the passing of Mrs W will serve as a catalyst for Lenny to start discussing wedding plans, maybe even setting a date. Nothing like a death to make one realise how short life can be and that we need to make the most of every second...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I'm sorry Hokie3457, I don't see it as a turning point for Lenny, unless next episode they tell Sheldon to screw himself and actually do something. What happened to the Leonard that told Sheldon he was a 'Crazy Bastard' and went to Penny's, or the Penny who pushed Leonard to buy the table, instead of buckling down to the whining big baby?

• Like 1

I didn't mean to imply that it is a turning point for Leonard & Penny. More for the entire show. I feel that every season has a construct which includes a beginning, middle and end. I think Season 8 has just turned the corner and will have a change of focus.

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

Edited by hokie3457

I didn't mean to imply that it is a turning point for Leonard & Penny. More for the entire show. I feel that every season has a construct which includes a beginning, middle and end. I think Season 8 has just turned the corner and will have a change of focus.

Tapatalk

I don't know. I see it as before we had Sheldon screwing with Lenny, now this season we have the second case of Shamy screwing with Lenny. The first time being when they put Lenny down about that stupid relationship test. I don't see things getting better, only worse. Anyway, I don't think I'll like this episode and I'm not too pleased with season 8. Will that stop me from watching the show or being a Lenny shipper, NO! But i'm not very happy.

• Like 3

I hope the cloud will lift with the result being a depiction of their relationship that we can all find joy in watching (thinking lovely thoughts here!).

Tapatalk

I found joy in their love in The Girls Go Shopping Episode. I thought they were both so happy to be together. I loved the little Penny tap on Leonard's shoulder in the store(which you pointed out, Hokie) .Loved Penny sitting on the arm of the chair with her arm on Leonard's shoulder as she wondered about the tears. Loved Leonard's beaming face as he called Penny "Roomie" as they crawled into bed together.( My heart nearly stopped) Loved the cozy craziness of the basket-making caper. Maybe the lack of overt passion has made me appreciate the more subtle, nuanced signs of affection(or maybe I'm just crazy) but this episode made me think of Stuart's remark that Penny and Leonard make each other better people. It feels like they are better now in so many ways because of their love for each other.

Bat crap crazy Sheldon's antics hardly bother me anymore because, logical or not, Leonard loves him and at this stage of the game, that's not gonna change. And if Leonard loves him, I'll live with it.

So, unlike most of my Lennys, my Lenny glass is full and I look forward to more Lenny moments.  :drinks:

• Like 5

"...subtle, nuanced signs of affection...": perfectly put. Think about it. As a viewing public we don't see that sort of depiction very often. I think a lot of credit needs to go to Johnny & Kaley and Mark (Cendrowski) for those little things that mean a lot!

Tapatalk

Edited by hokie3457
  • Like 4

Not enough for me, they came so far to get where they are engaged, I want a celebration. Subtle nuances don't do it for me anymore, especially at this point in season 8.

• Like 2

Not enough for me, they came so far to get where they are engaged, I want a celebration. Subtle nuances don't do it for me anymore, especially at this point in season 8.

I'm much older than you. The value of the little moments increase with age. It is exactly because they have come so far and overcome so much that we love them. I think you will get big moments!!!

• Like 3

If it makes you feel any better, you'll enjoy the "soaping me up in the shower" line from the previous ep. And we were very cordial to Mike (I hope he agrees).

His a brave man. And I am sure he will agree.with you. ☺
  • Like 1

If it makes you feel any better, you'll enjoy the "soaping me up in the shower" line from the previous ep. And we were very cordial to Mike (I hope he agrees).

You're probably right, I will like that remark. At least my bird is prettier than Sheldon's and mine talks.

• Like 1

Boy you need to settle. Your taking that from its okay? Your kidding right? You seem to fixate on every small thing I say and take what I say out of context.

Then provide the context. I'm just going by what you post. When you explain what you really meant AFTER someone asks a question or make a statement, or you make conflicting comments, it gets convoluted. I'm asking questions for clarification. I didn't take that from your "It's OK". I asked a question. Then you said you didn't know. So, again, I asked why, if you didn't know, did you made the comment. That's hardly fixating, I was just trying to get some clarification on a general comment.

I don't think I said anything wrong. I think your projecting your frustrations onto me.

It appears to me (and others) that your comments about how its all OK and you look at it from another perspective or you look at the whole are condescending to those who post their disappointment at how Lenny is being written this year. Yes we have frustrations, and were not taking it out on you, but the fact that you post conflicting comments and seem to blow off our concerns makes it difficult to understand what you really mean.

And I understand that. But I think its unfair to attack me and label me based on an isolated post.

Where exactly was I attacking you? And as I mentioned, my post wasn't based on one post, but also the additional comments you posted attempting to clarify only to find out there wasn't any reasoning for your "It's OK".

I do ship Lenny.

You do? Here's from post 3059:

I guess I am stepping back and looking at it from a whole. I can understand if your only invested in Leonard and Penny and their lack of screen time. Then you are bound to be dissapointed.

or this from post 3039

They are just part of the reason why I watch. I guess that is why I don't consider my self a shipper, as it seems to become alot of peoples centric perspective,

So you're looking at it from a whole, not invested in Lenny screen time, just part of the reason you watch and you don't consider yourself a shipper. This is why I got the impression that you do not ship Leonard and Penny. If you ship Lenny, you look at it from their point of view, you're invested in Lenny screen time, they are the major reason, but not the only reason, you watch.

Why are you getting at me. I didn't diminish Lenny. The writers did.

Because you seem to have been defending the situations, comments and actions the writers have written, when other posters express their disappointment.

Look I think things are blown out or proportion here. But I well say this. I am getting tired of the endless gags and jokes about Penny's intelligence, or even taking a shot at Leonard's. The plot may have not been Shamy, and it may have disentegrated into kinda Everyone Plot haha. But I guess I prefer the show when Lenny was the center of storyline like in S3. Now I don't expect things like that, status quo has changed. I am just expecting the writers to stop with the endless diminishing of Lenny it doesen't make any sense. It's just giving people the impression they shoulden't be together. They have already prooven they belong together, to other people may wonder why they are together. Partly due to having an unpsoken bond. Some times their doesen't have to be any specefic reason why two unlikely people should be together, some times its unexplainable. And in this case for Lenny it just seems to work. I think what they get from each other, is mutual understanding. I think Leonard and Penny with other people are not themselfs, until they are with each other. I guess also the combination of book smart and street smart is a formidable combination too. I just don't get the continuous devaluing of what is susposed to be the most important and crucial couple, that all of the other characters orbits around. You would think they would be doing everything in their power to show how amazing they are. And this would be okay if it was just one joke, or one storyline, or one ep. But it seems to be a constant thing this season. 

ok, i did make it back all in one piece.

little up-set no big l/p to talk about.

it may started as a shamy, but it look

like it was a (shenny-OMG did i say that)

it was nice what they did for carol ann,

then store was opening.

@frankie- thank you for the kind words,

it was great to talk to you, now have a new

friend across the pond.

• Like 2