[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

We don't know that her time trying to be an actress was a waste. First, if she hadn't tried to be an actress she would have spent the rest of her life wondering what would have happened if she HAD taken her shot. Second, if she had stayed in Nebraska she wouldn't have met Leonard and who knows what kind of life she would have had (I'm going to assume worse). Third, it's just barely possible that something could still happen. Serial Apest 2 could turn out to be a cult classic like Plan 9. She and Leonard could go to Comic-Con and she'd be swarmed by fans wanting to know about her next project. Thus leading to a producer or director (also being there and seeing the reaction) asking her to be in their next movie. My point is that just because Penny didn't make it as an actor doesn't mean her quest was wasted.

Really it could be a great episode or two, if something like that happens like you describe, and Penny has to make a life choice, settle or follow her dream. Then this summer Penny has to leave to film her movie. However, in the season 9 premiere, instead of poor Leonard waiting for Penny to come back, we find out that she missed Leonard so much, he joined her half way through the summer so now the whole gang is waiting for them both to come back.

• Like 6

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.seat42f.com/the-big-bang-theory-season-8-episode-8-photos-the-prom-equivalency.html/4

See you tomorrow Mike!!

I agree that she wasn't in love with him at the Halloween party, she was never in the love at first sight mode, like he was. The Halloween party just gave the audience the first proof that there was

Posted Images

it was very cool to see really enjoable moments between Lenny on last night's episode, awsome. they are best still and allways will be :shy: so GO LENNY.   It was really great to see Penny taking real interest on Leonard's physics experiment at his work, and their dinner interaction will be basically what they will be once they elope.  Penny is really happy, it could be seen on her face.  Overall, classic TBBT episode last night.

• Like 2

2 random Penny tidbits.

My sister in CA asked her hair stylist to cut her hair shorter than usual for a change. She liked what the stylist did and the stylist told her that "it's Penny's cut. The cut everyone has been asking for."The new "Rachel"?

I saw a clip from "50 Shades of Gray" on "The Today Show". Dakota Johnson did a pretty hot  dance in the kitchen, in a big white man's shirt while making pancakes. It reminded me so much of Penny's French toast dance (but Penny's was better.)

I would love Penny to dance around her kitchen for Leonard. Maybe they could later break her couch. A quick little spontaneous moment - ALONE. Please.

• Like 7

Great post SPTF! They do have a history of inflicting damage to furniture during amorous activities. This of course conflicts with Penny's occasional hints of Leonard's short comings in that area (which statements also are at variance with her "you really are a genius" in their early days). I think she wants to keep his "abilities" to herself....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4

2 random Penny tidbits.

My sister in CA asked her hair stylist to cut her hair shorter than usual for a change. She liked what the stylist did and the stylist told her that "it's Penny's cut. The cut everyone has been asking for."The new "Rachel"?

I saw a clip from "50 Shades of Gray" on "The Today Show". Dakota Johnson did a pretty hot  dance in the kitchen, in a big white man's shirt while making pancakes. It reminded me so much of Penny's French toast dance (but Penny's was better.)

I would love Penny to dance around her kitchen for Leonard. Maybe they could later break her couch. A quick little spontaneous moment - ALONE. Please.

I don't why they can't give us a little of that. What is wrong with showing Leonard and Penny one evening then in the morning she comes down the hall wearing the T-shirt he had on the night before and maybe a pair of his boxers? I do wish they would have given us a little Penny in his shirt dancing scene again.

• Like 4

"we" did not get the A plot it was a nice episode.

open up with them eatting dinner together, penny asking

leonard about his day. had a little sex talk on the table not

holding them on it. then had some bedroom talk to bad it

was about the fan fic of sheldon sex life.

• Like 4

She needed somewhere quiet to go to read? Um, testify. Heheh

Indeed, this was probably just rehearsal.  Though I'd like to know if there's a specific reason for a lack of props and no shower head, etc. in the bathroom.

• Like 1

Looks like they haven't 'dressed' the set yet. I.E. no towels, linens, shower curtain etc.. Just yesterday, I was thinking about how long it's been since we've seen Penny in Leonard's bedroom. You'd think Penny would spend a little time over there, even if Sheldon's around (he did ask them to 'go out of their way to make his life miserable').

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 3

Indeed, this was probably just rehearsal.  Though I'd like to know if there's a specific reason for a lack of props and no shower head, etc. in the bathroom.

For sets they use on only a recurring basis, they disassemble and store them until they're needed. They then pull them out of storage and re-assumble them. If you look on the left side of the picture, on the wall, you'll notice that it has a label on it that says "Big Bang Theory. A Pennys Bathroom setting". It looks as if they are in the process of putting it up. They'll add all those other things, probably did on Friday so it's ready for any Monday pre-tapes, if they have a pre-tape in there.

• Like 3

2 random Penny tidbits.

Your idea about getting Penny to dance around in one of Leonard's shirts again gave me an idea for a one shot of Leonard and Penny wearing matching T-shirts, I wrote this weekend. Now I just need someone to beta it for me.

• Like 3

The thing I wondered about Penny dancing around in the shirt was, who's shirt was it? If you notice the shirt is stereotypically way too big for her (it hangs low enough to cover her butt, and you have to look close to see that she's wearing red panties underneath it). The problem being that Leonard isn't that big. The shirt would be too big for Leonard as well (Leonard and Penny are about the same size, hence the legend of the shared red pants). It looks to be at least 1 or 2 sizes larger than he would wear.

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 2

The thing I wondered about Penny dancing around in the shirt was, who's shirt was it? If you notice the shirt is stereotypically way too big for her (it hangs low enough to cover her butt, and you have to look close to see that she's wearing red panties underneath it). The problem being that Leonard isn't that big. The shirt would be too big for Leonard as well (Leonard and Penny are about the same size, hence the legend of the shared red pants). It looks to be at least 1 or 2 sizes larger than he would wear.

I think it's implied that it's Leonard's shirt but since Penny's a fictional character on TV during prime time, it had to be big enough to cover the unmentionables. But in reality, no one would've had a problem seeing her underwear....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I know it's implied, It's just too big. It's a scene we've seen so many times, in so many shows/movies, that no one even thinks to wonder why Leonard would have such a big shirt. I only noticed after seeing it a few times.

Edited by eirwinrommel

I know it's implied, It's just too big. It's a scene we've seen so many times, in so many shows/movies, that no one even thinks to wonder why Leonard would have such a big shirt. I only noticed after seeing it a few times.

It's like the rule of funny, suspension of belief, to set up or complete the joke.  Except in this case, it's the rule of censor.  Suspension of belief to hide things that network TV can't show.   

It's like the rule of funny, suspension of belief, to set up or complete the joke.  Except in this case, it's the rule of censor.  Suspension of belief to hide things that network TV can't show.   

"Well I'm not having anyone staring in disbelief at my willy suspension!"

• Like 1

"Well I'm not having anyone staring in disbelief at my willy suspension!"

You have to suspend your willy?  You know, they have drugs for that now.  Of course, you have to evidently sit in a bathtub...

• Like 3

Overall I think I have enjoyed Lenny this season. Every now and then you see how madly in love Penny is with Leonard. She doesent show it often, but like in the Shopping EP. When Leoanrd was crying, the way Penny instantly comforts him. He's her muse. I think they have been portrayed as solid and in love. But I hope theirs more to come, because this season has been very small when it comes to Lenny, some reason that feels wrong.

• Like 1

Bit from taping Lenny go play mini golf. In cold open. Leonard squeezes Penny's shoulder haha. Thy across to apt and Lenny are making out :). Leonard reveals he bought her an early vd present. A sex toy lol. Its a body paint a giant canvass. Lenny then have coitus on the canvas ahem. Lenny are back! Thy then stare at their vividly wild canvas. Then revealed they went to bed at 1am. Leonard's like "see that's not old". Establising thy are not an old married couple. This plot has been coming all season. You can breath now.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 7