The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
3ku11

[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

Yeah, it wasn't just the people in any of the forums. Several reviewers mentioned "the old boring couple" thing.

I can only hope TPTB got that information and this episode represents a new trend on how Lenny is handled by the writers in the future.

• Like 1

Leonard and Penny  are not married yet but they have know each other for 8 years and been a couple on and off for 5 years and the last 3 years they have been pretty solid and they got comfortable and yes boring it's happens in the best of relationships but let's hope this  episode reignites the passion and maybe they will visit the naughty store more often

• Like 8

Lenny's comment in the taping report about not wanting to be like a boring old couple made me think the writers were reading this thread! How many times has a comment like that been made here during Season 8? Let me count the times and the ways. I know people say the writers aren't swayed by fan opinion but you gotta wonder about this pretty radical turn of events! Not only are we getting "making out" on the coach, we're actually getting a little kinkiness! It sounds like a fun episode and I can't wait. I so hope our passionate Lenny is back! I've really missed them. :kissing: It sounds like The Romance Ninja has awakened. :give_rose:

Well with Penny's soccer mom haircut (not to mention her wardrobe choices that feel like they accentuate that), lack of intimacy, and the lack of screen time for them.  You can't blame that reaction that much.

I think on some level the writers (or anyone) will listen to criticism, as long as it has nuance AND it sounds reasonable.

I think the body paint sex sounds like an inspiring premise.  Hope it meets my imagination, or surpasses it.

Edited by meka3000
  • Like 1

It was a cute plot to be honest. Some romance, some naughtiness and some good dialogue. I enjoyed it very much,

what I don't enjoy is the fans' reaction.

Never mind me saying that, please, but have you guys been in a relationship that lasted this long? 

It's bound to get a little boring and it's ok to show that on screen, don't you think? 

• Like 2

It was a cute plot to be honest. Some romance, some naughtiness and some good dialogue. I enjoyed it very much,

Never mind me saying that, please, but have you guys been in a relationship that lasted this long? 

It's bound to get a little boring and it's ok to show that on screen, don't you think? 

I agree its fine to show that IF that's the intent like that taping.  But somehow I don't think it was the intent in something like them spreading money on the bed and saying they were going to do it in that scene, earlier this season.  That scene should've felt more intimate in a "naughty" kind of way, but for some reason they decided AGAINST showing any making out before they were going to do it.

Imagine them cutting out any kisses in an episode like "The Holographic Excitation", those scenes would probably lose some of their effectiveness.  That's how I felt with the scene I described above.

Don't get me wrong we don't need something involving kissing or sex with them every time on screen (some of my favorite Lenny moments in the series didn't even have that) since there is more to a long term relationship than that.  But I think TPTB undestimated the power behind seeing those things in moderation.

Unless their intent was to implement the "New and Improved" Trope for them this season.  So that when they did a plot like this it would matter MORE. 

• Like 6

Since '88 thank you. Still not bored with each other. These two are really just out of the gate. No dramatic or humourous objective occurs to me that requires TPTB to depict them as bored. I don't think we did see that - we just didn't see them at all recently, except in nano-seconds one-liners and some deprecating put-downs.

But it's a great report, and thank you for that. Hope you had fun.

• Like 5

Or just seemed like it matters more because there wasn't anything prior to this so far this season.

• Like 4

Our point throughout the season has been, that as a newly  engaged couple we expect a greater level of affection than we've seen up until now. Almost no looks, touches and or kisses have been seen from them. Those minor signs of affection would go a long way to make up for the lack of scenes together this year.

• Like 6

I also think back to 6.2 when Penny complained about how her love with Leonard was boring and was thinking of breaking up with him. Of course the solution then was her to start putting something into the relationship and they got a lot better. However, in season 8 we seemed to have lost some of that season 6 insite and have regressed back to boring, so again I hope this last TR is a hint the writers have realized they have let Lenny slip too far away and they need to bring their affection more to the forefront of ther relationship.

• Like 4

But it's been that way from a Lenny fan perspective of all year. The money on the bed and the lack of a real kiss in Prom episode are two examples. I understand a little boring but to Lenny fans in general they have been real boring. I think it's also different perspective as compared to the other main shipper thread. They are all excited and happy about the last episode taping and I totally don't get why. Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 2

Leonard's love for Penny was immediate, obsessive, irrational, unrealistic, life-changing,heart-breaking, all-consuming and passionate. And so it began. There is no Lenny without it. Is it ok to show that it's a little boring for Leonard? 

No.

• Like 7

Leonard's love for Penny was immediate, obsessive, irrational, unrealistic, life-changing,heart-breaking, all-consuming and passionate. And so it began. There is no Lenny without it. Is it ok to show that it's a little boring for Leonard? 

No!!!

Fixed that for you.

• Like 4

No.

I actually think it was a well meaning Shamy, who did gives us bits of Lenny info, getting confused.LOL
  • Like 2

This is why she is the perfect TBBT fan. Word T/W!

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

Edited by hokie3457
  • Like 4

You know for people who are supposed to be fans of the Lenny ship, this place has been incredibly negative. Even now that you have something "exciting" there's still something to complain about. (Also calling Penny/Kaley's hair cut "butch" is kinda rude? And the "without a bikini" comment - while she is hot - it's a little disrespectful) The fact is that a) it's a 20 minute show about 7 characters, not every single season/episode needs a huge Lenny plot point and B) this season has been showing SO many of the changes to their lives as an engaged couple and proving that their relationship ISN'T just about Penny being hot and Leonard blindly loving her etc. It's gone into new depths which has been exciting and yes I was sad when they had cut the kiss but at the same time - we've gotten to see them as not just a couple blindly in love. They navigated through the money issues beautifully (and now we know they spend their joint account money on kinky stuff) and I think it's been great to see them tackling these real issues. 

Just my 99 cents. Swish

Positive vibes for y'all because I think you need them! #kinkylennyshopping

without the bikini isn't really different that the Shamy fans drooling over the bath tub. I'm sure how my comment was really a negative or really a complaint. But the season IMO hasn't been as good for Lenny fans as it has been for Shamy fans. obviously now Lenny story lines have been cut with three other couples but it seems to have been s bit drastic
  • Like 1

Seems the writers don't know where to take Lenny now they are engaged, unless they've got some plot lines coming up to shift things around.

Lenny lacks it usual spark for some reason I can't quite put my finger on and I don't think it's because they've hit the been together for years stage of

a relationship.

• Like 4

You know for people who are supposed to be fans of the Lenny ship, this place has been incredibly negative. Even now that you have something "exciting" there's still something to complain about. (Also calling Penny/Kaley's hair cut "butch" is kinda rude? And the "without a bikini" comment - while she is hot - it's a little disrespectful) The fact is that a) it's a 20 minute show about 7 characters, not every single season/episode needs a huge Lenny plot point and B) this season has been showing SO many of the changes to their lives as an engaged couple and proving that their relationship ISN'T just about Penny being hot and Leonard blindly loving her etc. It's gone into new depths which has been exciting and yes I was sad when they had cut the kiss but at the same time - we've gotten to see them as not just a couple blindly in love. They navigated through the money issues beautifully (and now we know they spend their joint account money on kinky stuff) and I think it's been great to see them tackling these real issues. 

Just my 99 cents. Swish

Positive vibes for y'all because I think you need them! #kinkylennyshopping

Yes, there is a lot happening on the show. And these two are delightful. I'm not sure that loudly wishing to see them get stories or time together on screen is the same as complaining about them. I think they are fine and lovely - and doing most of their thing off screen. I agree the comments about the actor are unnecessary, and that's fairly evident, and unusual.
  • Like 2

Yes, there is a lot happening on the show. And these two are delightful. I'm not sure that loudly wishing to see them get stories or time together on screen is the same as complaining about them. I think they are fine and lovely - and doing most of their thing off screen. I agree the comments about the actor are unnecessary, and that's fairly evident, and unusual.

Totally agree.  I think that it is out of love for this couple and their interaction that some of us feel sad that we are not getting the appropriate fix so to speak.  Doesn't diminish the love in the least.

Remaining hopeful though...

• Like 7

Totally agree. I think that it is out of love for this couple and their interaction that some of us feel sad that we are not getting the appropriate fix so to speak. Doesn't diminish the love in the least.

Remaining hopeful though...

...crazy, stupid, needy love for the couple. Expressed as whining. Heheh.

• Like 4

...crazy, stupid, needy love for the couple. Expressed as whining. Heheh.

Beverly Hofstader's new book...

• Like 4

5Miss: thank you for the respect & props. You know my regard for you has no ceiling!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by hokie3457
  • Like 2