[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

3ku11

"Okay did you go to the dirty store, or Michaels?"

That's the sarcastic Penny that I remember loving.

Yeah, but what was so good about it you could tell she was being a smart ass and teasing him, not being mean.

• Like 6

Leonard takes his socks off now. Thank God. :clapping:

Leonard taking his socks off, and now body painting during sex, he is really getting kinky. What is next, doing it in Leonard's room and keeping Sheldon awake all night? Yea ha.

• Like 3

I loved it when Leonard (always the scientist) answers Penny after their first attempt at body painting that they had (apparently) moved in only one axis, but not so much on the other two.

I also agree with other posters that there was too much Shamy, unnecessary IMO. They could have gotten their point across much more succinctly.

• Like 8

... giving the pic to Sheldon and saying it's from Shatner... the gift that keeps on giving... Lol. I don't need this EVERY episode - but glad they dropped it in. That it was all about sex was funny, because it really wasn't. It was about how close they can be.

Loved the Lenny scenes!

The shots taken at people who think Lenny is an old, boring couple, like the " we watch netflix like the kids do" among others, were spot on.

This was about "Orange is the New Black" I thought.

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 4

Glorious, joyous Lenny in this episode! Loved their every moment on screen and everything that their conversations implied! Loved their grasping for one anothers hand as they braced themselves for the Shamy announcement! LOL at Leonard's 'Z' and 'X and Y' axis comment! Very Leonard! Howled at his purring and very satisfied 'Yeah … that's it … right there … right there …'  only for it to be revealed that it was paint in his eye. Psych! Absolutely wonderfully done! Absolutely loved these tiny delights that we have denied all season!  

A true, beautiful cool water oasis in this dreadful Season Eight Lenny desert! 

• Like 9

Paused at the shot of the wall behind Leonard's desk trying to see what he has on display on his cork board. There is the photo of him and Penny that should not exist because it is his dream sequence of when he heroically slid down the elevator cables with Penny in his arms. Penny has that one too on her 'fridge.

• Like 4

awosme, finally intemacy on camera between Lenny on yesterday's episode, they have an incredible chemistry between them, and Johnny and Kaley make them so believable which is tremendous joy to watch, that is why Lenny are best and allways will be best on TBBT. I love it when they make fun  of each other in a playful way, or they just look at each other and know what each other are thinking.  GO LENNY

Glorious, joyous Lenny in this episode! Loved their every moment on screen and everything that their conversations implied! Loved their grasping for one anothers hand as they braced themselves for the Shamy announcement! LOL at Leonard's 'Z' and 'X and Y' axis comment! Very Leonard! Howled at his purring and very satisfied 'Yeah … that's it … right there … right there …'  only for it to be revealed that it was paint in his eye. Psych! Absolutely wonderfully done! Absolutely loved these tiny delights that we have denied all season!  

A true, beautiful cool water oasis in this dreadful Season Eight Lenny desert! 

yes 5Missippis, it was an incredible Lenny episode, absolutely LOVED IT

• Like 7

... giving the pic to Sheldon and saying it's from Shatner... the gift that keeps on giving... Lol. I don't need this EVERY episode - but glad they dropped it in. That it was all about sex was funny, because it really wasn't. It was about how close they can be.

This was about "Orange is the New Black" I thought.

It was both, but since this is the Lenny thread I stuck with the "like the kids do" part.

• Like 1

I still think there is a mole from the writing staff breaking rules about visiting forums to see what the rabid fans are thinking because this episode seemed a beautiful reply to a lot of gripes.

I don't doubt they have staff, in the PR dept. if nothing else, who trawl social media and the like. In this day and age it's a useful tool for connecting with your target audience and I think it quite plausible that some of their findings trickle down (or up?) to the writing staff.

Don't get me wrong, the kissing on the couch was awesome, there was a lot of it and it seemed to suggest something more carnal to come, but I still miss the little kisses on the cheek she gave him when she comes and goes. I miss them because they were so 'Lenny', even before they dated those kisses told us there was something there and she cared about him as more than a friend. If they had just had her slip those in this season, I don't think any of us would have been concerned about the kissing (except maybe the lack of a Prom kiss), and the make out session on the couch wouldn't have been such a big thing as it is now.

• Like 4

I don't doubt they have staff, in the PR dept. if nothing else, who trawl social media and the like. In this day and age it's a useful tool for connecting with your target audience and I think it quite plausible that some of their findings trickle down (or up?) to the writing staff.

I don't know anything, but while the production company that makes the show might not have a professional team looking at social media, the network would. They are fighting the decline of their business model and I'd suspect would be passing along the odd note.

I feel that in terms of story telling the absence of L/P action looks a lot like a conscious choice. They waited a long time to revisit it. It will be interesting to see if there is any strategy to this, or if it is an exception. It boggles me that they totally walked away from any representation of physical affection. They have made a strong point in bringing it back in Colonisation and they had a story together. Let's see more of that too. It doesn't have to be about sex.

I speculate that this hiatus was possibly because next natural part of the L/P story is about the wedding plans and all that is still in the bank for s9 and s10. The L/P story is integral to the show but it does have a clock on it. It could be that this was strategy, to deliberately warehouse them and run the clock out. Or it was an organic unconsidered thing, because they wanted to play with other toys that were more novel, more extreme and perhaps more rewarding for them.

But L/P aren't being written out and they still have a natural trajectory that has comedic potential. Someone recently reminded me that stories have a beginning, a middle and an end. L/P are sort of mired in the middle of their story. Maybe this was a precursor to these two getting a bit more attention on a regular basis as the show thinks about where they might end.

• Like 6